• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have an RPG series that is the physical embodiment of a niche game
You have a Power Rangers ripoff :troll:

Get off of my time traveling train you sick ****. btw, Kamen Rider-1971. Power Rangers-199 something
If dropping his wallet means he has to cry then he really needs to toughen up :p
In the show he gets his soul cut in half and he gets killed. He manages to shrug that off later though.

D

Deleted member

Get off of my time traveling train you sick ****. btw, Kamen Rider-1971. Power Rangers-199 something

In the show he gets his soul cut in half and he gets killed. He manages to shrug that off later though.
I'm pretty sure the year 199 came before 1971...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Got the software, thanks for the suggestion Z25 Z25 ! Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think I'll download the software suggested by Z25 Z25 and delete the songs immediately. Don't want this to go overboard.
IT shouldn't be to bad, as Frost said it could be a harmless prank, it is good to be sure nothing happens, and at least it could and should remove it from endlessly playing.

And I just saw this lol

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just a reminder that this Wednesday is the start of the Nintendo eShop cyber deal event (aka their Black Friday)

I'm very excited yet curious what deals we'll see.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Not to surprised by this, South park tackled these for a reason. They are becoming more known.

Speaking of which, who saw the last South Park? The episode was written so damn well and everything they tackled was done perfectly.
I have, and it was glorious. From white knights, to consenting, to censorship, to also ads within websites, it was just a top notch episode. I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode.

Leslie and PC Principle being ads is something crazy. Really want to know how this will all tie in together. Also, the meaning of "PC" from Jimmy was hysterical.

Just a reminder that this Wednesday is the start of the Nintendo eShop cyber deal event (aka their Black Friday)

I'm very excited yet curious what deals we'll see.
This wednesday. . .That just so happens to be when I go back home. Where i have proper wi-fi.

I dont think I will miss deals. Guess im not always unlucky :upsidedown:

D

Deleted member

First of all, I said '199 something'. Second, **** you, time traveling train. Thirdly, that red thing is Senketsu. Finally, we still friends right?
1-that was the joke :p
2-Hey, that's rude :^( and I'm not a train
3-smth smth Kill la Kill
4-we cool, but don't be so mean :nifty:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have, and it was glorious. From white knights, to consenting, to censorship, to also ads within websites, it was just a top notch episode. I'm eagerly awaiting the next episode.

Leslie and PC Principle being ads is something crazy. Really want to know how this will all tie in together. Also, the meaning of "PC" from Jimmy was hysterical.
The political debate part was also hilarious. I do agree that the ads storyline could be really interesting. I wonder who is behind the ads, since none of them seem to know they are. I also wonder how this war will play out

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Anybody seen Rick and Morty? I heard that they're currently making a crossover with Gravity Falls (I'm not joking).

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the ultra slooooooowwwwneeesssssssss.
Zatch Bell was there too, you know?

Depends on who you ask :p
But I have to agree that no sane human being should ever watch it
I'm not sane confirmed.... Oh wait.... That's right, I'm seriously not sane. :p #InsanePride.
That anime you showed us... It's uh... Not... Very... Hm...
Seriously though, that's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the things I've seen. Only person I know weirder than I am, personally, is my boyfriend. :p

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
IT shouldn't be to bad, as Frost said it could be a harmless prank, it is good to be sure nothing happens, and at least it could and should remove it from endlessly playing.

And I just saw this lol
My life.

I suck at landing aerials in general, unless it's off a short hop.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
South Park's still on the air, which dissapoints me every day

I hope MGS3 will go on sale during the Cyber sale, I need to get it eventually.
Why? The new seasons have been good, they do a lot for their storylines and they are usually pretty good.
Anybody seen Rick and Morty? I heard that they're currently making a crossover with Gravity Falls (I'm not joking).
Well it's possible, it's only a rumor right now. And if they crossover it be in an rick and morty episode, because they would be able to get away with it then. I hope they do, do one though. I could see it taking place in one of the dimensions Ford went to, and he meets them.
My life.

I suck at landing aerials in general, unless it's off a short hop.
Yeah, I've had mine backfire with characters with decent recoveries because of that very reason lol.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

I'm not sane confirmed.... Oh wait.... That's right, I'm seriously not sane. :p #InsanePride.

Seriously though, that's only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the things I've seen. Only person I know weirder than I am, personally, is my boyfriend. :p
I mean the girl gets shot out of nowhere, the voice acting is indescribable, and on top of all that is the "Lovely" animation.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Why? The new seasons have been good, they do a lot for their storylines and they are usually pretty good.

Well it's possible, it's only a rumor right now. And if they crossover it be in an rick and morty episode, because they would be able to get away with it then. I hope they do, do one though. I could see it taking place in one of the dimensions Ford went to, and he meets them.

Yeah, I've had mine backfire with characters with decent recoveries because of that very reason lol.
South Park sucks my dude

D

Deleted member

I doubt a corssover would ever happen due to the targeted age audience of Rick and Morty
Also, haha, season 3 only in 2017

If you watched it, does it mean what I think it means?
Because if so, I jusf found a new friend :p
I actually watched 10 minutes of it but even I have my limits

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The fact that a cafe literally has what is basically a "No White People" Hour in this day and age makes my blood boil.
They realize that discrimination, racism and general dickery goes both ways, right?

One thing that really got me...

"You may feel the need to invite a white ally or friend to this event, but in case other POC are offended, we ask that you do not."

Something like that...

This is setting back race relations back to Pre-MLK times....

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Latest episode of South Park was the weakest one IMO.

She's an ad? I felt like they didn't tie the episode into the overarching story that well and I completely agree with their message! Speaking of ads...

For the newest SG Choice did you guys vote in the poll? For the fill in page add any characters you thought we missed!

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That's why Stick of Truth was such a bad ga---oh wait, it was great.
Yes because I am obviously referring to the game. I'm referring to the 20+ seasons.

I think it's good,( and it obviously has a fanbase for a reason and it's still around for that reason. Why do you think it sucks though?
It's fans are absolutely toxic, and the show itself is just so..edgy, alongside many other things, like I remember a character being a pedophile was played for laughs.

Also you can call the art style "random" and "awesome" all you want but I'm not sure if it qualifies as art

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Latest episode of South Park was the weakest one IMO.

She's an ad? I felt like they didn't tie the episode into the overarching story that well and I completely agree with their message! Speaking of ads...

For the newest SG Choice did you guys vote in the poll? For the fill in page add any characters you thought we missed!
Hm interesting observation. I believe they will showcase how it all ties in better later in the season, but they wanted to start off the arch with this one.

Shroob

Sup?
Yes because I am obviously referring to the game. I'm referring to the 20+ seasons.

It's fans are absolutely toxic, and the show itself is just so..edgy, alongside many other things, like I remember a character being a pedophile was played for laughs.
South Park is offensive for the sake of being offensive. The show warns you to not even watch it.

But that's just the comedy style, which I enjoy a dark comedy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Also, something I read in the papers. A man pretended he was part of a popular boy band to **** teenage girls. When the boy band found out they released a video telling them to never listen to people who say they have connections with them. That's nice to see, people being disgusted of their fans getting ****

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Power Rangers was made in 1993, the exact year I was born in so we gotten redubbed and remixed Sentai footage for 22 years.

Oh God 22 years. What the hell happened?

Also who said South Park sucked? I'm gonna smack you a good one

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
South Park sucks my dude
WHAT!? YOU'RE ****ING ON SOUTH PARK!? YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
I doubt a corssover would ever happen due to the targeted age audience of Rick and Morty
Also, haha, season 3 only in 2017

Yeah... It's kinda naughty... (My favorite episode has to be the one where they watch tv from alternate demensions)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
South Park sucks my dude
Real talk.

It's my favorite adult cartoon ever.

Not because its particularly funny. I don't think its that funny.

But because it gets it.

It does its best to make everyone laughable and yet sympathetic.

I'm not sure how they did it, but they somehow put everyone on equal ground.

Different ideologies are treated with a certain sense of respect.

It's such an odd case.

It's much better than Family Guy or American Dad in that regard imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes, it does mean what you think it means. :p
Also, something I read in the papers. A man pretended he was part of a popular boy band to **** teenage girls. When the boy band found out they released a video telling them to never listen to people who say they have connections with them. That's nice to see, people being disgusted of their fans getting ****
You know, after reading a story about a guy filling a super soaker with a super secret substance I'm probably not allowed to mention and squirting people with it, a few days ago.... All of these strange stories stopped phasing me in the slightest.... Doesn't make them any less bad, but still....

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
WHAT!? YOU'RE ****ING ON SOUTH PARK!? YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Yeah... It's kinda naughty... (My favorite episode has to be the one where they watch tv from alternate demensions)
pats your shoulder

South Park is offensive for the sake of being offensive. The show warns you to not even watch it.

But that's just the comedy style, which I enjoy a dark comedy.
It's not dark comedy it's just offensive.

Real talk.

It's my favorite adult cartoon ever.

Not because its particularly funny. I don't think its that funny.

But because it gets it.

It does its best to make everyone laughable and yet sympathetic.

I'm not sure how they did it, but they somehow put everyone on equal ground.

Different ideologies are treated with a certain sense of respect.

It's such an odd case.

It's much better than Family Guy or American Dad in that regard imo.
I disagree, but if you feel that way, then thank you for being the first one not to ask for an explanation and/or yell at me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Also you can call the art style "random" and "awesome" all you want but I'm not sure if it qualifies as art
While yes, the jokes aren't for everyone( hell the actor who played chef quite because he was a Scientologist and they made fun of them), people do enjoy but I understand your opinion there. As for the fanbase, I don't know much about them, and let's be honest many shows now a days have toxic fanbase, let's not forget the Steven Universe incident... As for the artsyle, again that depends on the person. I don't think it's bad but I don't give much thought to it.

And apparently my best buy has tons of Dark Pits, 1 captain falcon, fox, lots of falcos and restocks of the splatoon amiibo as well. Which is pretty impressive.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Power Rangers was made in 1993, the exact year I was born in so we gotten redubbed and remixed Sentai footage for 22 years.

Oh God 22 years. What the hell happened?

Also who said South Park sucked? I'm gonna smack you a good one
Wait till you see the train themed Sentai that'll probably get adapted after this new Dino Charge thing. At least the train themed Kamen Riders look cool

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
While yes, the jokes aren't for everyone( hell the actor who played chef quite because he was a Scientologist and they made fun of them), people do enjoy but I understand your opinion there. As for the fanbase, I don't know much about them, and let's be honest many shows now a days have toxic fanbase, let's not forget the Steven Universe incident... As for the artsyle, again that depends on the person. I don't think it's bad but I don't give much thought to it.

And apparently my best buy has tons of Dark Pits, 1 captain falcon, fox, lots of falcos and restocks of the splatoon amiibo as well. Which is pretty impressive.
I think the fandom will personally shoot me for saying South Park is bad. But thank you for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom