• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Uh...okay, then.
Okay, to be fair I didn't really get to my point. :p My point is, many of us such as I, don't care about being offended. Better yet, like to challenge society's ideals and trends, stuff like that. What makes or breaks adult TV shows for me and others is getting it right. You don't like the concept, that's cool, I understand. but it's highly praised because it what it tries to do, it does excellently. Especially when you compare it to other adult cartoons like family guy recently. So it is praised for good reason.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You stop too.

Frankly you two devolving into insults just shows that for as different as your opinions are...

You are both terrible at arguments because you both dislike people who disagree with you.

So either both of you shut up and grow up, or you both leave.

You aren't helping your case Anna.
The hell am I supposed to do? Sit there and let Anna insult me? Also, then how about you give me RECENT instances of me attacking someone (excluding this instance here)

I've been TRYING to stop arguing, and I've been TRYING to mature. But you know what? I CAN'T! I can't unless people tell me what I'm doing wrong, for God's sake! Because in this thread I'm always doing something wrong and I don't even know about it.

And do you notice how much I apologise in arguments like these? Always "thanks for understanding", always "you have a point", always apologizing in some way or another. I REALIZE I need to change and improve and stop arguing, and I'm trying, whether it be through apologizing for my mistakes or whatever the hell else.

Last edited:
The hell am I supposed to do? Sit there and let Anna insult me?.
Just use the ignore function if you need to.

it takes 2 to tango and this is no different. If you don't say anything you come out the better man. but if you stoop down their level you are just as guilty. If it's a problem let the mods handle it. Otherwise just take the high road.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So gamexplain has a 3 part long Q and A session with Chugga about Xenoblade X that I recommend checking out, they answer a ton of things and share some neat changes/trivia. From what I've heard it literally just fixes every small problem I had with the original.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

it takes 2 to tango and this is no different. If you don't say anything you come out the better man. but if you stoop down their level you are just as guilty. If it's a problem let the mods handle it. Otherwise just take the high road.
I've had her on ignore for MONTHS. I'm sick and tired of her acting like she really didn't mean to insult me or trash like that, and insulting and laughing at me for being an evil "SJW". I act up against her this one time, and suddenly it turns out I'm always like this?

And as I've said, I've been trying to improve for months. I realize I'm a cynic when it comes to tons of topics we have, a party-pooper, fun ruiner, whatever you call it, but I just tend to type before I think.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So...Are people still mad at me? I may be a brutish, rude and brash asshole, but I'm also honest and have pisspoor wording. My mother got called by child support because of something I said coming out wrong. This was about a week ago. It's also nearly 1AM so I'm certainly not in the best thinking shape, especially with irl problems

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
But dude, that's South Park. It's always been an offensive mess of a hilarious show but it hits it real because Matt and Trey don't sell out like some people.

I can see it not being entertaining or funny but saying I hate it because it's offensive is like saying I hate Dark Souls because it's hard.

It's supposed to be that way because it tries to offend EVERYONE

And that's mostly because the best form of comedy is laughing at yourself sometimes. It's why I like the Boondocks; it will sometimes insult my integrity of a black man but it does it out of satire than a political soapbox
That's kind of a weird argument. If there's a quality that embodies what something is (like Dark Souls being hard) and that's a quality somebody does not appreciate in whatever context, that's all the more reason that it should be a reason to dislike it. If somebody isn't looking for a challenging game, I wouldn't recommend Dark Souls to them, and if they don't enjoy media that aims to be offensive, I wouldn't recommend South Park to them.

I mean, criticizing it from the angle of "they didn't balance out the difficulty enough" or "they put too much offensiveness into it" as if it was done by accident wouldn't make much sense because yes, that is the whole point, but "I don't personally like this defining trait of the thing" is perfectly valid IMO.

The hell am I supposed to do? Sit there and let Anna insult me? Also, then how about you give me RECENT instances of me attacking someone (excluding this instance here)

I've been TRYING to stop arguing, and I've been TRYING to mature. But you know what? I CAN'T! I can't unless people tell me what I'm doing wrong, for God's sake! Because in this thread I'm always doing something wrong and I don't even know about it.
When someone makes inflammatory remarks, not fighting back isn't "letting them insult you." That's pretty much the first thing I'd say to keep in mind. The best way to respond is to either A) ignore it, or B) say "hey, that was an unnecessary jab" or something. Keep things civil. Making the same kind of statement toward her is just a good way for things to escalate and get really bad.

D

Deleted member

This. I learned this the hardway.... But hey, after I tried it out, and it works. Just let the mods handle problems. I know it's very, very tempting to continue arguments with rivals.... I'd know myself, but it's more satisfying to just sit back and watch the mods deal with things while the other attempts to argue. Makes you seem like the mature person too.(Even though I myself am an immature perverts regardless.

The thought of bigtime developers who do serious business telling each other they smell like cheese is a wonderful thing.
I know, it's pretty se-*Yokia takes over* disgusting.

Chrono.

So gamexplain has a 3 part long Q and A session with Chugga about Xenoblade X that I recommend checking out, they answer a ton of things and offer some neat changes/trivia. From what I've heard it literally just fixes every small problem I had with the original.
Oooh there's a part 3? Better go check it out.

But yeah I'm loving what I'm hearing about it so far, these two weeks will feel rather long. Luckily, I have next week free.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
That's kind of a weird argument. If there's a quality that embodies what something is (like Dark Souls being hard) and that's a quality somebody does not appreciate in whatever context, that's all the more reason that it should be a reason to dislike it. If somebody isn't looking for a challenging game, I wouldn't recommend Dark Souls to them, and if they don't enjoy media that aims to be offensive, I wouldn't recommend South Park to them.

I mean, criticizing it from the angle of "they didn't balance out the difficulty enough" or "they put too much offensiveness into it" as if it was done by accident wouldn't make much sense because yes, that is the whole point, but "I don't personally like this defining trait of the thing" is perfectly valid IMO.

When someone makes inflammatory remarks, not fighting back isn't "letting them insult you." That's pretty much the first thing I'd say to keep in mind. The best way to respond is to either A) ignore it, or B) say "hey, that was an unnecessary jab" or something. Keep things civil. Making the same kind of statement toward her is just a good way for things to escalate and get really bad.
I guess I could have simply taken option B, it was dumb of me not to, but I can't really do that now. I guess I just have a lot of pride I don't know about, I'm not sure. but I'll keep your advice in mind. But the thing is Ryuga has done this for far too long, whenever she says anything about me, it's completely negative. And up until now, I've never said anything about her for a long time, IIRC.

Last edited:
This. I learned this the hardway.... But hey, after I tried it out, and it works. Just let the mods handle problems. I know it's very, very tempting to continue arguments with rivals.... I'd know myself, but it's more satisfying to just sit back and watch the mods deal with things while the other attempts to argue. Makes you seem like the mature person too.(Even though I myself am an immature perverts regardless.

I know, it's pretty se-*Yokia takes over* disgusting.
Unfortunately I dont really have this option all the time.

In the my group im a moderator. . .meaning I have to see every post to check it. Which sucks because you want to read less of their posts but oh well. Also it's impossible for me to seem mature >_>

*yokai takes over* jeez you dont have to be so rude you jerk

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh! I remembered something I wanted to say earlier! When I was working on the pizzas at work, my boss was around because there was no one else to do the liquor, so I suddenly asked him 'Y'know, doesn't Quattro Formaggi sound like some kind of battle cry?'
I'm a bit of a class clown at my job and school, I love making people laugh, whether it's because I did something stupid like cutting myself on my trousers or because I genuinely made someone laugh with my quirky humor.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Assuna is the best character in DBFC in my opinion, she's very powerful (I love her sheild breaker) and very easy to use, the best character in the game if you ask me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Unfortunately I dont really have this option all the time.

In the my group im a moderator. . .meaning I have to see every post to check it. Which sucks because you want to read less of their posts but oh well. Also it's impossible for me to seem mature >_>
This is why I don't like being in charge of large groups. Especially when in my first job as...I don't remember what it is, but you willingly work without getting paid, but I was a leader of 2 groups. 3-7 year olds, who were surprisingly nice, though a little girl had a strange obsession with me, and the 12-15 year olds. They wouldn't listen and even ****ing attacked me.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It's most likely best for me to take a small break from this thread, I think. Not really sure if you guys like me right now.

I might be back in a few hours, tonight, tommorow, next week, or maybe I'll just change my mind and not leave. Sorry for the drama.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So I played Tekken 3 earlier.

I don't know how the hell that game is still so silky smooth, but hey. It's still silky smooth.

D

Deleted member

This is why I don't like being in charge of large groups. Especially when in my first job as...I don't remember what it is, but you willingly work without getting paid, but I was a leader of 2 groups. 3-7 year olds, who were surprisingly nice, though a little girl had a strange obsession with me, and the 12-15 year olds. They wouldn't listen and even ****ing attacked me.
Huh..... Doesn't sound different from leading a group of 40 year olds.... That's a bit scary....

Hey, since I'm almost done with the Y Nuzlocke(probably going to finish it next week), I want to know from you guys
http://strawpoll.me/6057879
I'm that one guy who voted to asked to be in. :p

It's most likely best for me to take a small break from this thread, I think. Not really sure if you guys like me right now.

I might be back in a few hours, tonight, tommorow, next week, or maybe I'll just change my mind and not leave. Sorry for the drama.
Nah, it's fine dude. It happens. I know that feeling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Voluntary work! That's the word I was thinking of!
Huh..... Doesn't sound different from leading a group of 40 year olds.... That's a bit scary....
Nah, I get hit on by those instead. I'm either called cute or get winked at...I don't like it...
So I played Tekken 3 earlier.

I don't know how the hell that game is still so silky smooth, but hey. It's still silky smooth.
'Made with real bear silk! We also regret to inform you Kuma will not be playable in this game anymore...'

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
And don't forget everyone's favorite show!

:awesome:
Alright. No one stone me.

I love the original show.

But my younger sibling has been watching this lately, and I have to say... It's not as bad as it gets a wrap for. It's actually pretty damn hilarious. It's the only show on the channel that actually makes me laugh.

There's this episode where it begins by referencing the Teen Titans movie. It literally opens by saying "Dang! Defeating Slade took a long time! About an hour and 45 minutes!"

Maybe I just love the stupidest humor. But I find this show hilarious.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Alright. No one stone me.

I love the original show.

But my younger sibling has been watching this lately, and I have to say... It's not as bad as it gets a wrap for. It's actually pretty damn hilarious. It's the only show on the channel that actually makes me laugh.

There's this episode where it begins by referencing the Teen Titans movie. It literally opens by saying "Dang! Defeating Slade took a long time! About an hour and 45 minutes!"

Maybe I just love the stupidest humor. But I find this show hilarious.
I've watched some clips, and it does what it wants to do well, and it has some good jokes, though more often than not Raven gets the best jokes. However, the show's writers are terrible at criticism and deserve to be mocked whenever they **** up. That Waffles episode was atrocious

D

Deleted member

Also, if anyone has a Karrablst and could help me evolve my Shelmet, that would be great

D

Deleted member

Nah, I get hit on by those instead. I'm either called cute or get winked at...I don't like it...'
Ewww.... Well I can't say I know how that feels.... I think people outside of my age range despise fembois anyway.
I've watched some clips, and it does what it wants to do well, and it has some good jokes, though more often than not Raven gets the best jokes. However, the show's writers are terrible at criticism and deserve to be mocked whenever they **** up. That Waffles episode was atrocious
Indeed. I get that it's aimed at a younger audience.... But the younger audience isn't going to get the stabs at criticism from the fans.
Also, if anyone has a Karrablst and could help me evolve my Shelmet, that would be great
I'll see if I do in a bit.

This is exactly what everyone hates and especially this episode lol.

I also loved the original show. I gave the show a legitimate chance. it dissapointed me on every level for just being random humor with occasional teen titan references,

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ewww.... Well I can't say I know how that feels.... I think people outside of my age range despise fembois anyway.

Indeed. I get that it's aimed at a younger audience.... But the younger audience isn't going to get the stabs at criticism from the fans.

I'll see if I do in a bit.
femboi? Unless you mean Camp Gay, I have no clue what you mean

The same thing happened with Sonic Boom. However, Sonic Boom learned from what fans wanted...At least, that's what it seems to be with Fire & Ice. Big Red Button had the game blow up in their face and sead ******** like 'This speed is better for Sonic games!'

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Sonic Boom's TV show is legit really good, glad that a second season is coming.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
My AC amiibos are so cute I think I might die.

I got Isabelle, Digby, K.K and Tom Nook.

I'll also grab Resetti then I'm set.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

I'm that one guy who voted to asked to be in. :p

Nah, it's fine dude. It happens. I know that feeling.
Thank you.

I'll be back before the Direct, I think, if I'm not already back soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom