• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I actually never heard of this show until you brought it up, and after Googling it, yeah, I don't see myself watching this anytime soon.
Yeah, if you're not into harem in general then this show is right down your alley.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Playing MvC2 Thanos makes me realise how much I wanted him to be in MvC3/UMvC3... Maybe if they delayed the game for another year, he could have been one of the 8 to make it in :ohwell:
Yeah, perhaps... Though I'm surprised they included Dormmy. Dormamm 'tis my main y'all. For good reason.

Too bad nowadays he's a jobber..... :( Hope he's badass in the movie, but knowing the cinematic universe and its heavy nerfing of characters....

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well Doctor Strange is finally getting into the more mystic side of the Marvel universe, so maybe there'll be less nerfing. Maybe the MCU will finally get another worthwhile villain, seeing as the list of ones who are both alive and compelling is fairly short. :p

Loki
Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
Grant Ward

That's...really it. Haven't seen Jessica Jones yet, but maybe that'll add another.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well Doctor Strange is finally getting into the more mystic side of the Marvel universe, so maybe there'll be less nerfing. Maybe the MCU will finally get another worthwhile villain, seeing as the list of ones who are both alive and compelling is fairly short. :p

Loki
Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
Grant Ward

That's...really it. Haven't seen Jessica Jones yet, but maybe that'll add another.
Killgrave/ Purple Man you should probably add.

I haven't gotten too far into Jessica Jones, but people are saying Killgrave is a really good villain.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm going to give Jessica Jones a watch just because I like Krysten Ritter and David Tennant.

Especially Krysten Ritter. <3

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Killgrave/ Purple Man you should probably add.

I haven't gotten too far into Jessica Jones, but people are saying Killgrave is a really good villain.
Only reason I didn't include him is due to not watching it yet, and therefore, not knowing if he survives. :p I've been trying to remain spoiler-free until I can sit down and watch. :laugh:

Though if the current S.H.I.E.L.D. storyline goes the way it's been going...

Gideon Malick stands a decent shot of being added to this list.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Only reason I didn't include him is due to not watching it yet, and therefore, not knowing if he survives. :p I've been trying to remain spoiler-free until I can sit down and watch. :laugh:

Though if the current S.H.I.E.L.D. storyline goes the way it's been going...

Gideon Malick stands a decent shot of being added to this list.
I really can't wait until they go more in depth with him and his relation with Hydra.

Can't wait for the next episode :awesome:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
That South Park conversation wasn't too dissimilar to a South Park episode in itself, depending on how you read it.

Uh, what are we talking about now? Harem anime? Aw, geez...Where's my yuri harem anime?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really can't wait until they go more in depth with him and his relation with Hydra.

Can't wait for the next episode :awesome:
Tell me about it! Sucks there's an extra week's wait on account of Thanksgiving. People are already saying Charlie Brown's confirmed HYDRA since he's taking AoS's spot this week. :p :laugh:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Sucks seeing something you loved with a passion end.Now I'm down one reason to watch TV.
There is a saying for this:
"All Good things must come to an end"
If it ends on a high note now it means it will stay as a well loved series through it's community.
If it keeps going it could end up like other shows that just never want to end.
And the Quality of the episodes could potentially decline.
Hopefully this Finale will be great though :)

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Back for a minute to ask this;

What's your favorite TV Series finale? After reading the GF discussion I'm interested.
Despite all the hate.Dragon ball Gt finale especially those last 5 minutes wrapped up the whole series and the journey of goku up nicely makes me tear up every time

Back for a minute to ask this;

What's your favorite TV Series finale? After reading the GF discussion I'm interested.
Space Dandy. Pretty much as absurd as I expected from a Space Dandy episode but crazier and even more hilarious than usual.

Avatar had a pretty fantastic ending too.

(Worst ending goes to bobobo. **** that ****. Wasn't even an actual ending)

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Man this game has a lot to do.

I just beat the boss of
Infinite Inferno
and I still have 3 bosses I haven't even seen apparently.

And I still have to find a way to take down Gargaros, that large Oni during terror time.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just watched the first Jessica Jones episode. Holy ****.

Legitimate chills were had when Hope pulled out the gun. I'll admit I'm going into this not knowing a whole lot about Jessica Jones, but my God...Kilgrave's already a great villain.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Nicalis being terrible as always nothing new here.
Someone was defending him in the comments and was implying that binding of Isaac is a more complex and complicated game to run than X. :laugh:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Someone was defending him in the comments and was implying that binding of Isaac is a more complex and complicated game to run than X. :laugh:
To be fair with X, Nintendo can do many amazing things to games with their powers of Compression.

Still, Issac has no excuse other then lack of programming talent. And that is really disappoint because I was thinking of finally getting a new 3ds for christmas so I could play both Xenoblade 3d and Issac on the go.

Might just get that awesome sword I saw instead.

Chrono.

Not to mention the original Xenoblade runs fine on a New 3DS and you tellin' me you can't get a 2D rougelike game to play properly?

It doesn't add up

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
By the way I've kinda been into ワルキューレ lately, I really like her! :awesome:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Not to mention the original Xenoblade runs fine on a New 3DS and you tellin' me you can't get a 2D rougelike game to play properly?

It doesn't add up
Yes this to.

Honestly. The binding of issac stuff thats been going on has been bumming me out. Doesn't help that Edmund really isn't listening to criticism and the community being overall harsh.

D

Deleted member

Valkyrie, you know, this one...
Ahhhhh. You see, I asked because a valkyrie is something from Norse mythology(I'd know because I'm totally metal. :p), thus, there are many different ones in fiction. They're female figures that choose who lives and dies in battle, pretty brutal dude. :p

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ahhhhh. You see, I asked because a valkyrie is something from Norse mythology(I'd know because I'm totally metal. :p), thus, there are many different ones in fiction. They're female figures that choose who lives and dies in battle, pretty brutal dude. :p
She's from the game Adventure of ワルキューレ, and is Namco's mascot.

Khoru

Smash Champion
I haven't seen enough anime to have an informed opinion but of the ones I know, Evangelion is easily the one that baffles me the most. Though I guess that's the intention.
i pretty much understand everything that's going on in nge actually
took like two years though

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think if we were to get any other Namco character, it'd be ワルキューレ, no exceptions!
(Get out of here Klonoa!)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
She's from the game Adventure of ワルキューレ, and is Namco's mascot.
>Namco's mascot

Um, what? Did I miss anything during all these years? It's not like Namco is my favorite company, but I'm sure :4pacman: is their mascot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom