• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear. . .FF7 was some weirrrrrrd events
Like having a woman mate with a wolf thing for the sake of procreation
Jesus >_>

Last edited:

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
You know Etika will go away if we ignore him, right?
Fat chance at that happening. All he has to do is flop around, and soil his boxers, to entertain the folks on Youtube.

Of course, to be totally fair, ignoring him is still a viable option. :113:

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I liked Etika before he did Smash Bros coverage. He was a pretty awesome Attack on Titan fangame player, and he had this really cool group of people he'd play with.

Those were the days....

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Oh dear. . .FF7 was some weirrrrrrd events
Like having a woman mate with a wolf thing for the sake of procreation
Jesus >_>
Well to be fair.

Hojo is one sick ****** up individual. And arguably could be considered the real antagonist of the game or at least the cause of everything bad that happened in the plot.

Also can someone sum up the 4chan posts as they seem to be deleted.

D

Deleted member

Thing is, if you want something to not bother you (Etika for example..), simply just ignore him and don't read or watch or pay attention to anything he does or shares or that anyone shares of him. You literally don't have to subject yourself to Etika if you don't wish too, there are better ways to entertain thyself than purposely discussing a person you dislike over and over.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, have we even seen what Wolf looks like in Zero? I think we've seen Fox, Falco, Peppy, Slippy, Rob 64, Leon and Pigma, but not Wolf?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This video is so ignorant it's...honestly infuriating.

Does he not realize PAC-MAN is in Smash? MEGAMAN is in Smash?

Like..can we just sit down and discuss this video? I'm kind of just shocked how ignorant it is. All the points are basically irrelevant to how important it is that he's in Smash.

"HE WASN'T LEAKED" LUCAS WASN'T LEAKED

"HE REPRESENTS A RELATIONSHIP" What?

"FF7 REMAKE THOUGH" And?

"BUT THE NX" And? Don't call people out for making baseless assumptions when, there you are...
The same things were said on the Japan Time podcast too...a lot of people believe that the remake is coming to the NX which there is no evidence for. Cloud being in Smash is not evidence it's just wishful thinking on everyone's part.

It is a false hope as there's no way SF5 is coming to any Nintendo platform and Sakurai doesn't care about console wars (because he's older than 14).

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The same things were said on the Japan Time podcast too...a lot of people believe that the remake is coming to the NX which there is no evidence for. Cloud being in Smash is not evidence it's just wishful thinking on everyone's part.

It is a false hope as there's no way SF5 is coming to any Nintendo platform and Sakurai doesn't care about console wars (because he's older than 14).
I think the speculation is also due to Dragon Quest XI possibly being ported to the NX in the future. But like you said there's no evidence of this. All of the DLC bar Mario Maker weren't for promotion reasons.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think the speculation is also due to Dragon Quest XI possibly being ported to the NX in the future. But like you said there's no evidence of this. All of the DLC bar Mario Maker weren't for promotion reasons.
I'd even argue that Mario Maker wasn't promotional. That level is incredibly detailed and complex. They could have done half the work and still sell it for the same amount and we wouldn't know any better.

Shroob

Sup?
2 weeks until December. I'm hoping every night that the Direct comes the first week of December. I mean, they have to have it before Christmas, right? It'd only make sense.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Speaking of Square Enix. One thing I would want from them more than a FFV remake on the 3DS would be a remake of Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2. I loved playing that game. Easily the best instalment of the mana series.

Also if I had the ability to add a second SE rep. I would choose Riesz as the second rep.

+She's a spear user which we don't have in this game yet.
+Has her stat boost magic and summons.
+Her techs could be her main gimmick.
+She's easily the most popular of the six protagonists of the game.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Speaking of Square Enix. One thing I would want from them more than a FFV remake on the 3DS would be a remake of Seiken Densetsu 3/Secret of Mana 2. I loved playing that game. Easily the best instalment of the mana series.
Mana series is sooooo underrated.

I love the OST from many different SE games, but if I could only get one none Final Fantasy SE song into Smash, this might be it.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mana series is sooooo underrated.

I the OST from many different SE games, but if I could only get one none Final Fantasy SE song into Smash, this might be it.

That's pretty good.

But Chrono Trigger's entire soundtrack will fight for that spot.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

Also if I had the ability to add a second SE rep. I would choose Riesz as the second rep.

+She's a spear user which we don't have in this game yet.
+Has her stat boost magic and summons.
+Her techs could be her main gimmick.
+She's easily the most popular of the six protagonists of the game.
well I think if there was a SE rep it would be Geno but ummm that's my opinion soooo how is everyone XD

Shroob

Sup?
It still shocks me that we have 56 characters, and more to come. If we cap at 58 characters, we have more than MvsC2.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, in that case our next target is be TTT2 with 59 characters since MvC2 has a 56 character roster and we are already at that point :p
That would imply we get 3 more characters from the Direct, which seems like a slight stretch, imo, but what do I know?

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That's pretty good.

But Chrono Trigger's entire soundtrack will fight for that spot.
That's one heroic frog.

You ever play Secret of Mana, Swamp? I highly suggest picking it up on the Wii Virtual Console if not.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Spent all day trying to befriend this lovely lady

Only had to hunt her down 18+ times

hours and hours of searching

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's one heroic frog.

You ever play Secret of Mana, Swamp? I highly suggest picking it up on the Wii Virtual Console if not.
I have not though I admit I tried an emulator once before I decided they weren't a good thing to do. I remember that bug boss.

Maybe I could get the Wii VC version.

I could do that for the Final Fantasy games too.

Is Street Fighter Alpha 2 worth getting?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I believe I played secrets of mana a long while ago

I think I liked it

But I only remember a few things from it

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I have not though I admit I tried an emulator once before I decided they weren't a good thing to do. I remember that bug boss.

Maybe I could get the Wii VC version.

I could do that for the Final Fantasy games too.

Is Street Fighter Alpha 2 worth getting?
Better to get the Dreamcast version of Alpha 3 or the Street Fighter collection on PS2. The SNES version of Alpha two ain't bad, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom