• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Etika's fanbase is just that DAMN stupid

I can't believe I was subscribed to his ***

We should pretty much listen to what he's saying:
Here, lets go onto 4chan, and post a "leak" saying that Monkey Fist will be coming to Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS as a playable character. As proof we'll post the picture of his amiibo, saying that we saw a picture of it during our visit to Nintendo.
this is actually real:awesome:
As for why he's in, Sakurai wanted someone who fights with monkey kung fu and has an army of monkey ninjas. Etika will believe it and make a video on it 100% guaranteed.

Ya know, have we even seen what Wolf looks like in Zero? I think we've seen Fox, Falco, Peppy, Slippy, Rob 64, Leon and Pigma, but not Wolf?
I don't think we've seen Leon yet. All we've seen of him and Wolf are the W and L above their Wolfens. Pigma is the only one we saw thus far.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It still shocks me that we have 56 characters, and more to come. If we cap at 58 characters, we have more than MvsC2.
I remember Sakurai saying back in 2013 that the focus would be more on the existing fighter's attributes and not on roster size. As such there likely wouldn't be as many newcomers this time around compared to Brawl. *laughs*

----

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I saw talk of a potential Geno costume. On one hand, Geno fans have nothing, so this one tiny bone wouldn't hurt anyone. On the other hand, I don't want the idiots who scream 'OMG GENO IZ ELFADREEM' getting anything. Tecmo Koei wants to work on Star Wars, they own Star Wars right?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So you guys know that Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympic Games, showed up in the Japanese direct?

Apparently Ludwig, Wendy, Rosalina, Dry Bones and Wave the Swallow were spotted

Also sorry if this info was already noted, but I wanted to bring something else up. You know the Sonic side for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games? Well seems that Sonic nearly has all the most important reocurring character playable

Currently confirmed playable for Sonic side are: Sonic, Tails, Amy, Blaze, Shadow, Silver, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Knuckles, Rouge Jet, Swallow and Sticks

The missing reoccurring characters from Sonic not confirmed playable yet: Storm, Vector, Espio, Charmy, Omega, Cream and Big.

My main point here is that Sonic has almost run out of characters that are some what important to Sonic, while Mario still has plenty of characters left.

Cause with Mario currently having 16 confirmed characters playable, and Sonic only having 13, and chance are Vector will come back that will bump Sonic up to 14, that still only leaves 5 more characters from Sonic, if we keep going and seeing as Mario still has a few reocurring characters left to add, e.g. 6 remaining Koopalings, Toadette and Captain Toad etc., if we keep going the remaining Sonic characters are going to have to pull from much deeper into Sonic's extended cast, and maybe other Sonic media, while Mario still hasn't even scratched the surface of remaining characters that can be used, unlike Sonic, who pretty much as used all of its reocurring characters.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Here, lets go onto 4chan, and post a "leak" saying that Monkey Fist will be coming to Super Smash Bros Wii U/3DS as a playable character. As proof we'll post the picture of his amiibo, saying that we saw a picture of it during our visit to Nintendo.
this is actually real:awesome:
As for why he's in, Sakurai wanted someone who fights with monkey kung fu and has an army of monkey ninjas. Etika will believe it and make a video on it 100% guaranteed.

I don't think we've seen Leon yet. All we've seen of him and Wolf are the W and L above their Wolfens. Pigma is the only one we saw thus far.
Pretty sure I saw Leon in a Gamexplain gameplay vid.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized

The voice of Bubsy

Yeah, that guy can't be doing anything these days right?

Wrong, he's the voice of Donatello from TMNT 2012

as well as a bunch of other beloved cartoon characters

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Rob Paulsen did a lot of great characters.

Pretty awesome voice actor, honestly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Today is the 13th anniversary of my favorite game of all time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I've decided for Smash 5 I want Wolf Link and Midna playable.

As unlikely as it is.

That amiibo is mwaah.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

How many of you guys got Steam?

I'll friend ya if ya got one.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn Question: for the next Sourcecast, would it be possible to do a live reaction to the special broadcast and a post special broadcast discussion as 2 separate videos?
If a lot of people want it, then sure. We've been talking about doing live shows. For directs it doesn't work since we are all in different regions. However for the Smash Broadcast is should be okay since itll probably be the same worldwide.

D

Deleted member

If a lot of people want it, then sure. We've been talking about doing live shows. For directs it doesn't work since we are all in different regions. However for the Smash Broadcast is should be okay since itll probably be the same worldwide.
Man, I can't wait to watch Push scream like a little girl for views when [input character here] gets revealed

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
*coughs* I want

To be part of the live reaction :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of live reactions, when you watch the CLoud ones you can tell who is a big FF7 fan and who isn't by how soon they freak out.

If like me they're unfamiliar with FF7 itself and only know it from it's hype, when the Final Fantasy Logo shows up, other wise as soon as they hear the music.

Chrono.

Speaking of live reactions, when you watch the CLoud ones you can tell who is a big FF7 fan and who isn't by how soon they freak out.

If like me they're unfamiliar with FF7 itself and only know it from it's hype, when the Final Fantasy Logo shows up, other wise as soon as they hear the music.
Maximilian's was the best one.

D

Deleted member

It would be cool to see something like that again
The trailer starts and the music plays in the background
Fans of the game are already going wild while the others are still confused

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
....was it ever sacred?
Oh I'm pretty sure it still is. Cloud is arguably one of the most iconic character, from one of the most iconic games. He's iconic to video games, as whole, as opposed to just Nintendo History.

I'm curious that if they added Kefka instead, who originally starred in an SNES game, if people would still be making the same stink.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ignoring the obvious, that he is a director of a product that winds up on store shelves to be sold, the push for third party characters says the opposite to me.

Third parties not only bring in the hype and media circus but probably sell. The addition of Cloud and Ryu were very good business and marketing moves, proving that popular guest characters have a place to reel in the consumers similar to the reactions to Megaman and such. So I would say he is a businessman.

Of course, he is an artist too since it still seems that he has a good deal or control over what content does or does not get into the game. It is also obvious that he cares little for console rivalries.

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask did the darker atmosphere far better then TP did.

I didn't feel any sense of dread in TP, I just felt it to be boring, bland, and uninspired.
It's also why the HD remake doesn't really please me in terms of looks, its' textures try to be "Gloomy" and "Realistic" and as a result the graphics look worse in comparison, it's a wonder a remake exists actually, I mean we have WW, and Twilight Princess isn't exactly what anybody would call a "Fan Favorite" (Not counting Midna of course), with OoT, MM and WW it made sense due to those being particularly popular in the community, I don't hate TP, I just wonder why the remake exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom