• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Best trailers imo:

:4lucas:

:4shulk:

:4cloud:

:4megaman:

The other ones were hype but they didn't even come close to these 4 for me personally.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Silly mii :p
I was thinking they were all together in one game :laugh:
I guess he met avatars if that counts.
He has also met Expresso and Gnawty from the DK games. Expresso cameo's in a track in Banjo Pilot and Gnawty was in Banjo Tooie.

Funnily enough, I think Gnawty is the only Nintendo owned character to appear on an Xbox console. Unless Tiptup counts, I don't even think anyone knows who the hell actually owns those characters.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
1. :rosalina: (The only Mario newcomer, and one of the few newcomers in general I truly wanted)
2. :4cloud: (It's Cloud ****ing Strife)
3. :4greninja::4charizard: (So happy the Brawl Pokemon + Mewtwo speculation finally died after that)
4. :4mewtwo: (eeeee my Melee main is back)
5. :4ryu:(Smash is finally a fighting game :troll:)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hype reveals:
:4lucina:/:4robinm: - RIP "that leak" + Lucina was one of my most wanted
:4megaman: - It's freakin' Mega Man.
:4mewtwo: - FINALLY
:4cloud: - Is this real? Am I dreaming?
:4shulk: - Xenoblade = GOAT but **** the leaks.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Screaming during reveals? *flashback*
AAAAAAAAAAA IT'S MEGA MAN AAAAAAAA*runs around house for an hour* AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
'STOP SCREAMING!' BUT MEGA MAN'S IN SMASH! GAAAAAH*proceeds to smash the lid of a Nutella pot with a butter knife* YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

None of this was fake btw

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
My favorite "reveal" trailer was Rosalina- Not because I'm a big fan (Played Mario Galaxy but didn't even remember her) but the reason I love it so much is because that's when I said "I should look at Smashboards and see if they have any cool leaks!" and that's what got me on the leaks and rumors thread. :')

D

Deleted member

Screaming during reveals? *flashback*
AAAAAAAAAAA IT'S MEGA MAN AAAAAAAA*runs around house for an hour* AAAAAAAAAAAAAA
'STOP SCREAMING!' BUT MEGA MAN'S IN SMASH! GAAAAAH*proceeds to smash the lid of a Nutella pot with a butter knife* YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

None of this was fake btw
Damn, Etika could learn from your fake reaction :dazwa:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
In a fun twist, my Falco Amiibo just arrived, over 3 days before it's official release.

Yay!
A friend of mine would become a male prostitute for that lol
How I made a classmate laugh her ass of
"My leg is so itchy, I can't stand it"
When you're home snap your fingers and say 'Eeee hubby, scratch. Now.'
For some reason everyone who heard it laughed

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Damn, Etika could learn from your fake reaction :dazwa:
That actually wasn't all
*goes on skype*
MEGA MAN'S IN SMASH 'I don't care' BUT IT'S MEGA MAN! 'I'll hit you if you yell 'moogermin' again' BUT MEGA MAN!!!
DUDE, MEGA MAN'S IN SMASH! '**** off I'm playing League'
*goes to friend who's 10 minutes away*
MEGA MAN'S IN SMASH! 'No he isn't' LOOK AT IT! IT'S MEGA MAN! RAAAAA!
I don't think anybody could beat Mr. No-pants.
xcooz u I'm a lady

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That actually wasn't all
*goes on skype*
MEGA MAN'S IN SMASH 'I don't care' BUT IT'S MEGA MAN! 'I'll hit you if you yell 'moogermin' again' BUT MEGA MAN!!!

xcooz u I'm a lady
Etika never wears pants in his videos... Like ever.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
D

Deleted member

That actually wasn't all
*goes on skype*

xcooz u I'm a lady
Send that idea for Etika to use on his next reaction video :dazwa:
Etika never wears pants in his videos... Like ever.
And with this on top of it all? Etika/10 reaction

Also, why don't we have kappa as a simley here?

Chrono.

At least it's something. Meanwhile, Activision will likely do nothing for Crash's 20th anniversary next year.
Yeah I know, it just kinda sucks that the series will probably be stuck on mobile (since Legends didn't meet Ubi's sales expectations)

On the other hand, better than no Rayman (unlike Crash)

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
mini-rant start
Im still pissed off how ****ty Palutena's base specials are.

Saurai picked the absolute most boring abilities (except maybe warp) for her basic specials and put all of the cool ones as customs.

This wouldn't be a problem if Customs were able to be used online or in tournaments. But nope. Reflector AND a ****ing counter at the same time. I just want to have lightweigt and super speed. Palutena becomes one of the most interesting and fun characters with them

/rant
Palutena is cool. I always used to say that she's a bottom 5 character. I think she can be top of mid tier if she's played correctly. The main issue with palutena is that most of the people thT use her aren't very good at the game. Or most people don't totally understand how to play her.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
A friend of mine would become a male prostitute for that lol
How I made a classmate laugh her *** of
"My leg is so itchy, I can't stand it"
When you're home snap your fingers and say 'Eeee hubby, scratch. Now.'
For some reason everyone who heard it laughed
Male prostitute, you say? Interesting~

Seriously, though, I tend to get Nintendo stuff before it releases, but rarely have I gotten an Amiibo more than a day before release. It is pretty neat.

Also pre-ordered the Twilight Princess HD Boundle. Will preorder the Limited Editions of Pokken, Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Second and Hyrule Warriors Legends as soon as they are up~

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Male prostitute, you say? Interesting~

Seriously, though, I tend to get Nintendo stuff before it releases, but rarely have I gotten an Amiibo more than a day before release. It is pretty neat.

Also pre-ordered the Twilight Princess HD Boundle. Will preorder the Limited Editions of Pokken, Fire Emblem Fates, Bravely Second and Hyrule Warriors Legends as soon as they are up~
O.O Marry me, then I get early Nintendo stuff too for once

Rabbid speaking the truth about some prick on his Undertale video. Dunno if I sould watch it

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Going to give a preview ogf my analysuis because a lot of new stuff were said about paper jam in that article :)

"Luigi loses the book that contains the world of Paper Mario and it lands in the hands on Bowser's minions. Our green hero is very saddened and Paper Mario decides to cheer him up by allowing himself to be used as a napkin. It gave me the silliest grin on my face and proved the highlight of the journey so far."

OMG, I AM TO THE BRINK OF PREORDERING THE GAME!!!!

Seriously, I am THIS close to do it.....

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Going to give a preview ogf my analysuis because a lot of new stuff were said about paper jam in that article :)

"Luigi loses the book that contains the world of Paper Mario and it lands in the hands on Bowser's minions. Our green hero is very saddened and Paper Mario decides to cheer him up by allowing himself to be used as a napkin. It gave me the silliest grin on my face and proved the highlight of the journey so far."

OMG, I AM TO THE BRINK OF PREORDERING THE GAME!!!!

Seriously, I am THIS close to do it.....
lol 'analysuis' Sounds like a crappy swiss roll
Wait...You, the biggest Paper Mario fan in the thread...Haven't pre-ordered yet?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Seems that game companies go in cycles of being the worst. Do they naturally want to be the worst and can only do one at a time to stop the industry snapping in half or are the big screw-ups so big we just don't notice the ground level stuff.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Seems that game companies go in cycles of being the worst. Do they naturally want to be the worst and can only do one at a time to stop the industry snapping in half or are the big screw-ups so big we just don't notice the ground level stuff.
I think it's because people are tired of arguing about it all the time. Otherwise Bethesda wouldn't be able to get away with buggy releases all the time

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
lol 'analysuis' Sounds like a crappy swiss roll
Wait...You, the biggest Paper Mario fan in the thread...Haven't pre-ordered yet?
it is analysis because I report the only important part and talk about the pointrs which I have a lot to say.

I am probablly the biggest fan on the entire forum, but the reason I haven;t preordered it yet was because I had the doubts the game would have too generic characters like enemies and npc, however, I explained in this tumblr post:

http://paper-mario-for-ssb4.tumblr....the-generic-feel-in-mario-and-luigi-paper-jam

Yhat my opinion on how it woudl matter chnaged after seeing more footage.

That statement from that article follows this logic a lot more so this is why I am close to do it.....

We've known about adventures for months. . .have they only now said it was the anniversary game? Could have sworn they said that ages ago.
I think it's because people are tired of arguing about it all the time. Otherwise Bethesda wouldn't be able to get away with buggy releases all the time
No one cares for the bugs when the game is fun and the bugs dont get in the way
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Or it's when they show a blind eye to the lack of QA testing or extra time spent to fix bugs done to save money because the public will allow them to have bugs because muh immersion.

Haven't we been over this?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Who should I do for my next Case For DLC article?

I'm probably going to go with Lara Croft, Master Cheif, or Sora, but I'm open to suggestion.

On an unrelated note, I'm really starting to think Tails make a lot of sense as one of the last DLC slots. People think he is unlikely due to fan rules.... Well, both new comers broke a ton of fan rules already.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
RIP being pranked. Guess im back to being a pleb
what's that?

u look prankd nao

not me btw <3

I'm probably going to go with Lara Croft, Master Cheif, or Sora, but I'm open to suggestion.

On an unrelated note, I'm really starting to think Tails make a lot of sense as one of the last DLC slots. People think he is unlikely do to fan rules.... Well, both new comers broke a ton of fan rules already.
"Master Cheif".

He'll have a moveset based around offensive jokes, armer lock and roflknifes, I can see it.

On a serious note, go with Chief.

Last edited:

On an unrelated note, I'm really starting to think Tails make a lot of sense as one of the last DLC slots. People think he is unlikely due to fan rules.... Well, both new comers broke a ton of fan rules already.
Sora because no guns and i have bias

Pranked already. That was much faster than expected but im not complaining :)

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Out of the three I'd rather see Master Chief because he'd have some Covenant weapons. Lara wouldn't. I really don't think Sora should be in this game at this point; Cloud fills his role, to an extent.

None of those three characters should be in the game to begin with IMO.

D

Deleted member

Well, both new comers broke a ton of fan rules already.
  • No fighting game characters allowed. :4ryu:
  • One character per third party company. :4ryu:
  • No characters whose upcoming games are exclusive to competing platforms (aside from Project X Zone 2 and whatever that Final Fantasy spin-off was). :4ryu::4cloud:
  • No characters with little relation to Nintendo, especially those whose only appearances on Nintendo platforms are spin-offs and cameos. :4cloud:
Is there any other fan rule I missed?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Who should I do for my neI'm probably going to go with Lara Croft, Master Cheif, or Sora, but I'm open to suggestion.
You know what?
Do Master Chief.

I want to see how there's a case for any Microsoft-owned character that isn't Banjo-Kazooie.
I'd also love to see justification for a Master Chief amiibo existing.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Or it's when they show a blind eye to the lack of QA testing or extra time spent to fix bugs done to save money because the public will allow them to have bugs because muh immersion.

Haven't we been over this?
Sure. But most of us fans just don't care that much. Honestly, I've never played any games that come near the experience I have when I play Bethesda games. Something about their wacky worlds just really appeals to me. Yeah I wish they'd fix more bugs before release, but I have so much fun when I play that it's still worth it, even with the bugs. It's one of the few games that actually surprises me.

I've had the game crash once. I've had grand theft auto crash at least 10 times. (I've played over 20 hours of Fallout 4 already).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
  • No fighting game characters allowed. :4ryu:
  • One character per third party company. :4ryu:
  • No characters whose upcoming games are exclusive to competing platforms (aside from Project X Zone 2 and whatever that Final Fantasy spin-off was). :4ryu::4cloud:
  • No characters with little relation to Nintendo, especially those whose only appearances on Nintendo platforms are spin-offs and cameos. :4cloud:
Is there any other fan rule I missed?
The No Fighting Game character rule isn't even a rule. It's a mistranslation and a misquoted Sakurai statement that he didn't want to focus on fighting game type characters and one character already broke that stupid rule long before Ryu

:4littlemac::4littlemac::4littlemac::4wiremac:

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
People over here talking about hype newcomer trailers and not enough of you have this little guy right here- :4littlemac:

Doc Louis made that reveal so hype. "Tear that armor off Mac," "The punch is mightier than the sword," "You ain't no air fighter Mac," "You're reading this in my voice!"

You know you did ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom