• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Man, I can't wait to watch Push scream like a little girl for views when [input character here] gets revealed
I don't really scream. I just smile and since I'm not doing a webcam, you won't be able to tell :p.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Man, I can't wait to watch Push scream like a little girl for views when [input character here] gets revealed
I don't really scream. I just smile and since I'm not doing a webcam, you won't be able to tell :p.

D

Deleted member

No, you must scream
Scream as high as you can
Scream to release your anger
Scream as if you were in a horror game
Scream like Pewdiepie to get views
Scream until you wake up your parents
Scream like u do when ur ded hits u wtih the belt

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I rarely scream during reveals. Most of those YouTubers are forcing their reactions to get views (such as Etika)..

I must admit I did let out a surprised shout when I saw the FF logo showing up in the Cloud trailer, but I was then speechless because I was completely dumbfounded.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I rarely scream during reveals. Most of those YouTubers are forcing their reactions to get views (such as Etika)..
Yeah his cloud reaction was pretty absurd in how forced it was. He just happened to have paper to throw around on hand.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
No, you must scream
Scream as high as you can
Scream to release your anger
Scream as if you were in a horror game
Scream like Pewdiepie to get views
Scream until you wake up your parents
Scream like u do when ur ded hits u wtih the belt
I think if I forced myself to scream like that I would just start laughing.

I probably would have screamed if I was alone. But I was in the middle of a public building so instead I only audibly gasped and probably breathed heavily.

I was pretty hyped :p

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Rob Paulsen did a lot of great characters.

Pretty awesome voice actor, honestly.
Still does a lot of awesome characters, I saw this picture out of context and thought he died for a minute, lol. Also, for those of you that don't know, Ash Paulsen from Gamexplain is indeed his son.

Maximilian's was the best one.
This is because it's the only genuine one. I don't really like reaction videos, but I looked his up immediately because I know he's a huge fan of fighting games and Cloud. You could see his excitement without him having to throw things everywhere.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Eh it depends on the character. I freaked out for mega man and Robin. But everything Else has been a smile

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I think the only thing that could get me to really scream would be all of my top three being revealed at once.

Though if Banjo alone got in, I'd probably laugh myself into tears.
Maximilian's was the best one.
"It's weird that he's in a Nintendo game."

*Cue trailer*

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only trailer I actually reacted loudly was Robin, though the fact Lucina appeared first caught me by surprise.

It was only when Robin was confirmed that I entered full hype mode. He was one of my most wanted characters, after all. The fact he brought the concept of a magic fighter to Smash was great.

All in all, the fact both characters were in was pretty great. I wasn't disappointed at all that Lucina was a clone, actually, given I had only expected her as a costume for Marth. The fact she could stand out a bit on her own was nice. Overall, I was just happy that she made into the roster in the first place.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I share the same sentiment that Maximilian Dood had the best reaction. It was genuine and it really showed when he was noticing all the small details and it makes sense considering he's a big fan of the game.

Etika....yeah, he overreacted. There was no reason to have a reaction like that besides shock.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't think screaming at the top of your lungs is a very natural reaction to almost anything related to video games, but hey, that's just me.

D

Deleted member

Well, if I had to make a Top 5 of the reveals that made the most effect on me :

#1 - :4shulk:
#2 - :4robinm:
#3 - :sonic:
#4 - :4cloud:
#5 - :diddy:/:4mewtwo:

Brawl icons are used for reveals back in the pre-Brawl era.

Shame that :4palutena:, who was my 3rd most wanted during the pre-4 era, was soooooooooooooooo predictable though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Does anyone here knows if Zelda Phantom Hourglass is playable on Wii U after reaching that part where you have to close your DS in order to proceed? I'm not spending my money on it if it's not, I can still play my copy on 3DS anyway... just wondering
If you suspend the game by pressing ZR and back you go on a quick sleep mode and solve the puzzle. I doubt they would have rereleased the game if there was a section that would render it unbeatable.... ^^;

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Cloud was the most hype reveal trailer for me. Mega Man reveal was really hype as well, but also because the game was being announced in general.

Shulk was leaked before the trailer, Ryu was leaked before the trailer, Mewtwo was shown before his trailer, Pac-man was announced before the public saw the trailer. I'm a Chrom supporter so the Robin trailer was the worst for me. Palutena was expected. I'm not a huge fan of Villager and Wii Fit trainer. The rest were good trailers but didn't get me as hyped as Cloud.

I'm so glad to have been able to see the Cloud reveal live. It took me like 2 years and a half to witness another REALLY hype reveal trailer like Mega Man's.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There's one reason why the Robin/Lucina trailer was as big as it is

Still tied with Mac and Cloud for best trailers. Palutena for most boring and Rosalina's trailer was **** because it teased me Air Ride 2 and I'm upset

Well, if I had to make a Top 5 of the reveals that made the most effect on me :

#1 - :4shulk:
#2 - :4robinm:
#3 - :sonic:
#4 - :4cloud:
#5 - :diddy:/:4mewtwo:

Brawl icons are used for reveals back in the pre-Brawl era.

Shame that :4palutena:, who was my 3rd most wanted during the pre-4 era, was soooooooooooooooo predictable though.
This might be fun.
1. :4cloud:
2. :4robinm:/:4lucina: (these were my 2nd and 3rd most wanted. I was so happy)
3. :4feroy:
4. :4littlemac:(most wanted at the time. seemed like a shoo in so I want that hyped)
5. :4palutena:(exact same situation as Mac. The reference to the anime shorts made up for it)

D

Deleted member

Only two reveals I was really surprised were Greninja and Robin
Everyone else was either predictable(though Mega Man was still super hype) or I didn't see the reveal live to have a proper reaction(WFT and Little Mac)
I though Greninja was Mewtwo and got disappointed but I literally jumped when it was shown it was actually Greninja
I had to contain myself with Robin because it was like, 11am and my father and grandmother were on the room but both of them looked at me when I made a loud gasp from trying to contain a scream

Chrono.

2. :4megaman:
  3. :4robinm:
  4. :4palutena:
  5. :4feroy::4ryu:
For reveals in general, Royu were leaked but that didn't deflate the HYPE for me.

EDIT: not sure why autocorrect capitalized hype lol

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
I had Lucas and Cloud spoiled for me by friends about an hour and a minute before their respective reveals, the former because I couldn't see it live, and the latter because my stream was lagging due to crappy Starbucks Wi-Fi.

Come to think of it, the last newcomer I was genuinely in the dark about was Robin/Lucina. No wonder I'm ambivalent towards data-mining leaks. I really hope the December presentation is at a time where I can watch it live with good Wi-Fi and not on my phone.

That said, hypest reveals:
:4pacman::4lucas::4feroy::4villager::4robinm:

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I had Lucas and Cloud spoiled for me by friends about an hour and a minute before their respective reveals, the former because I couldn't see it live, and the latter because my stream was lagging due to crappy Starbucks Wi-Fi.

Come to think of it, the last newcomer I was genuinely in the dark about was Robin/Lucina. No wonder I'm ambivalent towards data-mining leaks. I really hope the December presentation is at a time where I can watch it live with good Wi-Fi and not on my phone.
It's not exactly a leak if it's just your internet being bad that they knew first :p

D

Deleted member

Most Hyped Reveals
  1. :4shulk: - Yeah, the leaks ruined the surprise, but as time progressed, I became more confident in his inclusion anyway.
  2. :4megaman: - Even if you're not a fan of the Blue Bomber, I can guarantee that your face lighted up during that reveal trailer.
  3. :sonic: - I didn't watch his reveal trailer initially, but just seeing him in screenshots was enough to hype me up.
  4. :4ryu: - Another surprise ruined, but seeing his moveset in action made me eager to try him out.
  5. :4cloud: - An actual surprise in contrast to Shulk's and Ryu's reveals. I can't wait to try his moveset as well. I'm also glad to see Final Fantasy represented in Smash, though I would have preferred a character from I-VI.

Khoru

Smash Champion
robin's was the most exciting to me because i'd resigned myself to gematsu being it and i... really dislike chrom
also i recognized the ff7 opening theme instantly but it took me like a day to process

D

Deleted member

Palutena was my least favorite trailer tbh
We already knew she was coming, the trailer didn't even try to surprise you by showing her at the very beginning, she got revealed at E3 of all places and her moveset looked(and is) disappointing and boring

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Sakurai is an Artist not a Businessman

Is my latest writeup for Source Gaming. I feel that this is important point that people tend to forget among the console wars. Sakurai wants to create art, not worry about sales.

What do you guys think?
Like this article though this game is still primarily a celebration of all things Nintendo. You could argue that celebrating gaming as a whole is also an aspect of Smash, but it clearly isn't something that is the main focus, otherwise we wouldn't have/had so many Nintendo characters in Smash that aren't significant to gaming as a whole and we would have had an "indie rep" by now despite none of the indie characters having the importance, iconic-status or popularity among mainstream console gaming audience that the third-party characters we got have.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Favorite trailers/reveals? oh boy...
1) :rosalina: - my favorite Nintendo character. I was practically shaking with excitement.
2) :4robinm::4lucina: - This was so cool, and it made me try out Awakening, which is now among my favorite 3DS games.
3) :4megaman: - it just...felt really exciting to see Mega Man in the game's initial reveal. I knew the game would be hype, right then.
4) :4cloud: - He wasn't leaked! Praise Sakurai!
5) :4pacman: - I wanted him in since Mega Man was revealed, and I loved his trailer music, as it came from my favorite pacman game.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think I would etika myself if they ever announced Banjo-Kazooie in Smash.

In reality it would probably be a gasp and then a load of expletives praising Samurai.

Palutena was my least favorite trailer tbh
We already knew she was coming, the trailer didn't even try to surprise you by showing her at the very beginning, she got revealed at E3 of all places and her moveset looked(and is) disappointing and boring
mini-rant start
Im still pissed off how ****ty Palutena's base specials are.

Saurai picked the absolute most boring abilities (except maybe warp) for her basic specials and put all of the cool ones as customs.

This wouldn't be a problem if Customs were able to be used online or in tournaments. But nope. Reflector AND a ****ing counter at the same time. I just want to have lightweigt and super speed. Palutena becomes one of the most interesting and fun characters with them

/rant

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
2. :4mewtwo:
3. :4megaman:
4. :4shulk:
5. :4pacman:

I watched these trailers a decent amount of times.
I don't think any character can top the Cloud reveal for me but there are a few that could be close.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
mini-rant start
Im still pissed off how ****ty Palutena's base specials are.

Saurai picked the absolute most boring abilities (except maybe warp) for her basic specials and put all of the cool ones as customs.

This wouldn't be a problem if Customs were able to be used online or in tournaments. But nope. Reflector AND a ****ing counter at the same time. I just want to have lightweigt and super speed. Palutena becomes one of the most interesting and fun characters with them

/rant
See I'm very curious about Palutena.
If Smash 5 ever becomes a thing.
How is her base move-set gonna be set-up.
Will their be a combination of her customs or is this it for the rest of time.

I think I would etika myself if they ever announced Banjo-Kazooie in Smash.

In reality it would probably be a gasp and then a load of expletives praising Samurai.
As someone who never grew up with Banjo and was first shown off to him through nuts and bolts.
I too would like to see him return to Nintendo. (Even if only through Smash.)
I mean, he's already met a few of the characters on the roster.
:4diddy::4sonic::4mii: (These are the one's I know of)
Plus he was made by the Brits at Rare :)
And the music would also be glorious to boot.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
See I'm very curious about Palutena.
If Smash 5 ever becomes a thing.
How is her base move-set gonna be set-up.
Will their be a combination of her customs or is this it for the rest of time.

As someone who never grew up with Banjo and was first shown off to him through nuts and bolts.
I too would like to see him return to Nintendo. (Even if only through Smash.)
I mean, he's already met a few of the characters on the roster.
:4diddy::4sonic::4mii: (These are the one's I know of)
Plus he was made by the Brits at Rare :)
And the music would also be glorious to boot.
He hasn't met the Miis. They were both in the first Sonic Racing game, but Miis were exclusive to Nintendo and Banjo was exclusive to Xbox 360.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom