• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
Does anyone here knows if Zelda Phantom Hourglass is playable on Wii U after reaching that part where you have to close your DS in order to proceed? I'm not spending my money on it if it's not, I can still play my copy on 3DS anyway... just wondering

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
In this day and age there are people who call Ike a Marth clone

I pray for people like this.
ikr? Is that 2008

I can't wait for the "Isaac is a clone of Cloud who's a clone of Shulk" comments that will come if Isaac makes it.

Nirbion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nirbion
3DS FC
3093-7091-7179
What if Cloud's newcomer art ends up being done by Yo****aka Amano?

the sheer nightmare fuel
Srsly, I would lllllove if Amano would do the Smash-artwork. Yeah, Nomura's artwork would have more mass-appeal, but Amano's is pure art. I want to see other Nintendo-characters in his style.

We'll get Nomura anyway for Smash-Art, I'm 99% sure. He's the character-designer from Cloud, so it's a given he'll do it

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
For now, I am gonna stay away from Gamefaqs, Reddit, and Youtube for a while because the salt got up to the point of making me shaking my head. People on those sites do know that DLC is optional, right?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
If we don't at least get two more iconic third-parties to fill in enough characters for an 8-player Smash, it would feel like an unfinished cliffhanger with the lack of a few certain gaming icons.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask did the darker atmosphere far better then TP did.

I didn't feel any sense of dread in TP, I just felt it to be boring, bland, and uninspired.
Well it's a good thing that isn't the atmosphere Twilight Princess was trying to achieve, seeing as it was going for an epic high fantasy vibe, which it nailed.

Unless we're talking about the Twilight Realm, which did go for a dark and isolated atmosphere (which it also nailed).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If we don't at least get two more iconic third-parties to fill in enough characters for an 8-player Smash, it would feel like an unfinished cliffhanger with the lack of a few certain gaming icons.
I think we will get one more, but:
Imagine Next month:
Snake, Banjo, K rool and one other popular Nintendo Choice.
That be pretty hype and meet all conditions.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Speaking of Paris quickly, can we take a moment to appreciate how ingenious this is:

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Oh boy. Things just got a little bit... interesting to say the least.

View attachment 83366
Sounds like a naive publicity stunt on their end, though it's possible some of their ranks have a conscious or were affected. And honestly anonymous tends to act like small time digital terrorists. I wouldnt hold my breath concerning the possible results, but I wouldnt be bothered if they actually managed to do something helpful for once.

doth thou accept that being blue develops an instant creepy obsession for yokai watch?
I think every blue being is given their own obsession.

I'm already half way there with Indivisible. I just need one last push :upsidedown:

in other news. . I just listened tho this song for half an hour straight
This is not an interesting song. I like it. . .but I have no idea how brain handled this for half an hour.

and now im starting this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKeSpS8owmA&list=PL5T9Z4g1TKWLD07b10kBNB25auwqlSaEh&index=20

My ears must hate me for this monotony.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I think every blue being is given their own obsession.

I'm already half way there with Indivisible. I just need one last push :upsidedown:

in other news. . I just listened tho this song for half an hour straight
This is not an interesting song. I like it. . .but I have no idea how brain handled this for half an hour.

and now im starting this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKeSpS8owmA&list=PL5T9Z4g1TKWLD07b10kBNB25auwqlSaEh&index=20

My ears must hate me for this monotony.
You don't know true monotony until you've listened to this.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
This video is so ignorant it's...honestly infuriating.

Does he not realize PAC-MAN is in Smash? MEGAMAN is in Smash?

Like..can we just sit down and discuss this video? I'm kind of just shocked how ignorant it is. All the points are basically irrelevant to how important it is that he's in Smash.

"HE WASN'T LEAKED" LUCAS WASN'T LEAKED

"HE REPRESENTS A RELATIONSHIP" What?

"FF7 REMAKE THOUGH" And?

"BUT THE NX" And? Don't call people out for making baseless assumptions when, there you are...

AreJay25

The hilarious thing is that fake text leaks will probably continue for a while.

Sakurai could literally say "this is all of the DLC we'll be releasing", and leaks will say "lol nope say hello to my good friend banjo"

Chrono.

This video is so ignorant it's...honestly infuriating.

Does he not realize PAC-MAN is in Smash? MEGAMAN is in Smash?

Like..can we just sit down and discuss this video? I'm kind of just shocked how ignorant it is. All the points are basically irrelevant to how important it is that he's in Smash.

"HE WASN'T LEAKED" LUCAS WASN'T LEAKED

"HE REPRESENTS A RELATIONSHIP" What?

"FF7 REMAKE THOUGH" And?

"BUT THE NX" And? Don't call people out for making baseless assumptions when, there you are...
He legitimately believes Goku and Shrek have a chance now.

Not to mention he thinks Cloud has been in development way before Mewtwo, which doesn't make sense at all (and his reasoning being ""B-b-but Sakurai lied about DLC!!" which... isn't true at all)

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

Not to mention he thinks Cloud has been in development way before Mewtwo, which doesn't make sense at all (and his reasoning being ""B-b-but Sakurai lied about DLC!!" which... isn't true at all)
Im sorry Shrek and Goku have no chance and Im just happy we get a new awesome character lol I love rpgs soo I guess im glad Cloud is in

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I think Etika is faking this stupidity.

He can't be this insane.

You know what? Screw Ice Cap Zone. Screw His World. This is the best Sonic song hands down.
Nope, Quartz Quadrant still got you beat on that regard

AreJay25

I'd like to point out the like/dislike ratio on the video.

5,775 to 194.

5,775 people basically agree that Goku and Shrek are likely characters.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Should we still report on fake leaks or just go by what LIQUID12A LIQUID12A said and just don't predict anything

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/316860910/smash-december-direct-leak
Maybe we just shouldn't care

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/316860910#p316864556
After Cloud these just arent as fun anymore...Still funny though

Not when they don't list at least 1 first party newcomer. Because I honestly don't see there being no 1st party newcomer, if not more, the fanbase would flip. It be bad to not have any Nintendo newcomers as DLC either.
Also there are no ballot winners....
And no one will probably accurately predict what will go down in December.

Last edited:

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
It's Etika. You shouldn't expect any less.

5,775 to 194.

It's Etika's audience. You shouldn't expect any less.

With that said, this is exactly what I was worried about with Cloud's inclusion. From now on, any and all predictions for upcoming third-party characters, whether in the present or in the future, is going to be a brawl-for-all crapshoot. Nothing is sacred anymore.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

5,775 to 194.

Etika's fanbase is just that DAMN stupid

I can't believe I was subscribed to his ass

We should pretty much listen to what he's saying:

It's Etika. You shouldn't expect any less.
It's Etika's audience. You shouldn't expect any less.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Not when they don't list at least 1 first party newcomer. Because I honestly don't see there being no 1st party newcomer, if not more, the fanbase would flip. It be bad to not have any Nintendo newcomers as DLC either.
Also there are no ballot winners....
And no one will probably accurately predict what will go down in December.
Fake leak aside.I personally believe were getting nothing but 3rd parties from here on out.Just makes sense to get iconic 3rd party characters as DLC than B-/C+ Nintendo characters

5,775 to 194.

You know maybe I should be praying for them instead of the clone dummies. . .

You wanna know the worst part? If you were to try and argue the stupidity you would be dogpiled on by rabid fans who fail to see logic.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I want to believe the 5 we currently know are the last of the pre-ballot characters. And any leak saying there's more I severely doubt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom