• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If Cloud doesn't get Miss Cloud alt costume, at least make his colors reference the SNES protagonists
Terra pallete would be neat

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Anyone with Mario Maker able to answer my question
Can you put a POW Block / Spring / Yoshi / Anything you can keep still ontop of a POW Block, pick up the POW Block below the thing and carry both at the same time?
Just curious. :4pacman:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With what we know of the remainder of Smash content from the data characters can be roughly divided into two categories: Those from in-game series and those from a series currently not in game. All remaining veterans bar Snake and the Ice Climbers are the former.

Only one from each can make it or two from the first category plus another retro/stand alone stage.

King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Princess Daisy
Waluigi
Paper Mario
Wolf
Krystal
Bandana Dee
Ridley
Squirtle
Ivysaur
Geno

Ice Climbers & Melee or Brawl Stage.
Inkling & Inkopolis/Urchin Underpass
Chibi-Robo & obligatory tiny stage
Isaac & Lighthouse

Snake & Shadow Moses
Shovel Knight & Plains of Passage
Shantae & Scuttle Town
Simon Belmont & Castle Dracula
Banjo Kazooie & Spiral Mountain
Master Chief & the complete destruction of the suspension of disbelief.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The palette swap should be true to Yo****aka Amono's artwork where Terra is blonde rather than the green-haired in-game sprite.

Mfw I like the ingame sprites more than their official artwork
Especially Kefka

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Something I don't think people appreciate enough is the art style of SSB4.

Compared to how they tried to make Brawl Call of Duty; Nintendo Edition graphics-wise, this is such an awesome and cartoony art style...a shame our favorite sneaky guy isn't here to see it.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sakurai is an Artist not a Businessman

Is my latest writeup for Source Gaming. I feel that this is important point that people tend to forget among the console wars. Sakurai wants to create art, not worry about sales.

What do you guys think?

Chrono.

What if Cloud's newcomer art ends up being done by Yo****aka Amano?

the sheer nightmare fuel

Ivander

Smash Legend
What if Cloud's newcomer art ends up being done by Yo****aka Amano?

the sheer nightmare fuel
I'd actually like to see an newcomer art done by Amano. Sure, his art tends to be either hit or miss, but I would like to see what he would do with the Nintendo characters.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I love how good Smash 4's roster is. I went into it not expecting too much since Brawl had so many good newcomers, but damn Sakurai REALLY surprised me.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I like Yo****aka's monster art and Faris(Dat longcoat). But then there's things like White haired Bartz.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Is my latest writeup for Source Gaming. I feel that this is important point that people tend to forget among the console wars. Sakurai wants to create art, not worry about sales.

What do you guys think?
There are hundreds of people helping Sakurai with Smash. Tons of them could just want more sales, and more money.

I know Sakurai's the director, but we can't just ignore the entire development team.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

What do you guys think?
And people say Sakurai cares for the console wars when he went out of his way to praise the PlayStation's hardware and saying he outright doesn't care for the "wars".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I love how Yo****aka gets censored
Reminds me of everyone's favorite Xenoblade character, Dickson
EDIT: Holy ****, Dickson doesn't get ahto censored anymore

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyone with Mario Maker able to answer my question
Can you put a POW Block / Spring / Yoshi / Anything you can keep still ontop of a POW Block, pick up the POW Block below the thing and carry both at the same time?
Just curious. :4pacman:
I believe it would work, I'm not positive though.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
There are hundreds of people helping Sakurai with Smash. Tons of them could just want more sales, and more money.

I know Sakurai's the director, but we can't just ignore the entire development team.
Sakurai has total control over the roster, and planning. Based on the stories I've read it's very much Sakurai's game, through and through. We are talking about a guy who acted out scenes in Subspace Emissary so the animators could properly animate the characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I cringe every time I hear someone complain about Brawl's graphics.
They look great, especially for a Wii game.

Honestly if you compare pre-release screens to the finished game, it looks more like they went for a realistic epic look and then tried to make it colourful halfway through development.

The cut equipment damage supports this. I wish they had followed through with the original vision. The Suspace Emissary would have felt much less out-of-place that way.

Last edited:

Soul.

I wonder what kind of stages they'll show on December.
Smashville for 3DS pls, it should have been in already

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Wait what.

RIP Dittson (or whatever he was called)
I wonder if an Admin is a Xenoblae fan :p

Never forget. 2014-2015

Sakurai has total control over the roster, and planning. Based on the stories I've read it's very much Sakurai's game, through and through. We are talking about a guy who acted out scenes in Subspace Emissary so the animators could properly animate the characters.
I have so much respect for Sakurai, especially when he made up Greninja's moveset in one night or whatever.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I cringe every time I hear someone complain about Brawl's graphics.
They look great, especially for a Wii game.

Honestly if you compare pre-release screens to the finished game, it looks more like they went for a realistic epic look and then tried to make it colourful halfway through development.

The cut equipment damage supports this. I wish they had followed through with the original vision. The Suspace Emissary would have felt much less out-of-place that way.
Yes, they do look good, especially for a Wii game. However I don't really like the art style, as I found it too shoddy and realistic. :/

Ivander

Smash Legend
I like Yo****aka's monster art and Faris(Dat longcoat). But then there's things like White haired Bartz.
Well, White Haired Bartz in Dissidia is still much better than zombie-skin Bartz. But Dancer Bartz is still the best, even if Bartz's design in Dissidia was really good.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm also not a fan of Twilight Princess's art style... (Pls no keel me Kenny)

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Eh brawl still pretty ugly when compared to other wii games.Mario galaxy,capcom vs tatsunoko,Xenoblade,Zack & Wiki all look better than it..Its not an hidious game but its defintely hasnt aged to will graphically wise

Chrono.

Loving the remixes of this so far.

Bartz looks fun as usual too.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

What do you guys think?
This is a reason why I like the sequelisation quote so much because that quote made Sakurai quit his job which btw, you really want to do this if you go there and it;s not about money.

I guess I really respect these kind of people because to me, it show a certain persistency and we know how persistent Sakurai is (he blows my mind tbh).

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
And people say Sakurai cares for the console wars when he went out of his way to praise the PlayStation's hardware and saying he outright doesn't care for the "wars".
I honestly feel like none of the big gaming companies care about the " console war". We have Phil Spencer, head of the Xbox division, who has said he wishes that idea would go away and to appreciate the other consoles. We have Nintendo, who, according to an employee through a podcast, has reported that they have all types of video game consoles (Most likely recent ones) for employees to play and strengthen their video game knowledge. And then there's Sony, who most likely also appreciate the other 2 gaming giants. It's all just healthy competition, each company having their own ideas on running things. But in the end, its all just about playing and appreciating video games.

I'm glad Sakurai also doesn't have the mindset of "taking sides", and has included so many classic 3rd party icons withian Smash 4. Hopefully this may continue and show in the future.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
User was warned for this post
Poor Yoshi and his weight...
]censor dodge

Last edited by a moderator:

Zynux

Smash Lord

What do you guys think?
Ignoring the obvious, that he is a director of a product that winds up on store shelves to be sold, the push for third party characters says the opposite to me.

Third parties not only bring in the hype and media circus but probably sell. The addition of Cloud and Ryu were very good business and marketing moves, proving that popular guest characters have a place to reel in the consumers similar to the reactions to Megaman and such. So I would say he is a businessman.

Of course, he is an artist too since it still seems that he has a good deal or control over what content does or does not get into the game. It is also obvious that he cares little for console rivalries.

I'm also not a fan of Twilight Princess's art style... (Pls no keel me Kenny)
Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask did the darker atmosphere far better then TP did.

I didn't feel any sense of dread in TP, I just felt it to be boring, bland, and uninspired.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom