• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
A friend of my mother had no contact with her parents who lived in Paris for a while, though they turned out to be okay. That's a relief
Thank you Jesus! Happy to hear they are alright!

I'm curious who you guys think would make interesting characters for Pokken Tournament. For some reason, I was convinced that Lopunny would fit in the game quite well

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Satski's a swordswoman actually...
You get the point, don't you?

I know Satsuki is a woman. I've watched Kill la Kill in its entirety. In fact, all of those characters come from anime I've watched.

But that's besides the point or do the "anime swordsmen" haters exclude Lucina for being a woman? I don't think they do.

Gonna ignore this guy huh

Okay...:/
I just picked some characters out of anime I've watched, hence why I didn't include DBZ stuff in there. :p

(Yes, I haven't watched DBZ. What are you gonna do now? :smirk:)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You get the point, don't you?

I know Satsuki is a woman. I've watched Kill la Kill in its entirety. In fact, all of those characters come from anime I've watched.

But that's besides the point or do the "anime swordsmen" haters exclude Lucina for being a woman? I don't think they do.

I just picked some characters out of anime I've watched, hence why I didn't include DBZ stuff in there. :p

(Yes, I haven't watched DBZ. What are you gonna do now? :smirk:)
Yeah, I get the point. They all pretty much fall into the same category when being picked on.

Also I can't believe you've never watched DBZ.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I hate generalizing people and pointing fingers but you gotta admit most of the 'anime' complaints came from Ridley, and K. Rool fans. Or fans of popular franchises in the west

The arguments sparked up during height of Gemastu with Chrom and Shulk, still was bad when Robin and Lucina were reveal, got worst when Shulk and Dark Pit were leaked, went off the goddamn wall when Roy was datamined the FIRST time and became a damn meme when Cloud came in.

It's one of the reasons why Isaac is gonna get flak from anyone and everyone.

I don't wanna blame anyone but it's just an insult towards those franchises because of the human look and less of the cartoony fighters

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Question, does anybody know who Sora is owned by, I ask this because he's making an appearance in Dissida 012 along with Roxas, so wouldn't that mean he's owned by Square if they're aloud to use him in that game?
I don't think Disney has any ownership over Sora; I think they just give Square the ability to use Disney stuff in KH.

If he's confirmed for Disney Infinity, however, feel free to happily claim how wrong I was.
While the games are a collaborative effort, if anything Disney owns Sora.

Avalanche Software, the folks behind Disney Infinity, said that there would be no legal hurdles with including Sora in the game and that they're open to it in the future. Then there's also the fact that the Keyblade is in the game and there's a costume change disk for Mickey Mouse to make him become King Mickey.

And also there was a time when Sora was meetable at Disney World. :p

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I hate generalizing people and pointing fingers but you gotta admit most of the 'anime' complaints came from Ridley, and K. Rool fans. Or fans of popular franchises in the west

The arguments sparked up during height of Gemastu with Chrom and Shulk, still was bad when Robin and Lucina were reveal, got worst when Shulk and Dark Pit were leaked, went off the goddamn wall when Roy was datamined the FIRST time and became a damn meme when Cloud came in.

I don't wanna blame anyone but it's just an insult towards those franchises because of the human look and less of the cartoony fighters
In defense of the "to many animes" argument, Dedede agree with it.
And as we all know
If a perfect being believe something, it's certainly the right thing to believe.:troll:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Also it's not really unfair when people think about it, Smash Bros is a Japanese franchise, so it makes perfect sense for us to have characters that are inspired from Japanese culture.

Nirbion

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nirbion
3DS FC
3093-7091-7179
Since I only could find this Linkle-Artwork with background (or didn't knew where to look, lol), why waste time to search more in the internet instead of just doing it myself? I don't know if this transparent version already exists, but I thought, anyone can still use it, so I'm just dropping it here. I didn't corrected JPEG-Pixelcompression, but I hope it's still usefull for you. Have fun!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
But...the only good version of Trunks is the swordsman D:
Yeah but that Trunks gets beaten every time he uses the sword. The only time it was effective was against Frieza and King Cold.

Got beaten twice by Android 17 & 18 using it and got it broken

Got beaten by Android 13, 14 & 15

And he pretty much dropped it after Cell came around.

Swords are useless in Dragon Ball.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also did I mention that he said Commander Video will never be in Smash Bros?

I know right, 8/8 too l8, never gonna happen mate.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also I can't believe you've never watched DBZ.
Too many episodes/manga chapters.

I tend to avoid mainstream long-running stuff for that reason. Plus, I'm not interested in the series overall.

Same goes for Naruto, One Piece, Bleach... Too long. I prefer shorter stuff. The only long runners I can tolerate are the monthly manga, which get much less chapters per year.

The only mainstream long-runner I read is Fairy Tail, and even so, I don't regard it as a good series. It's average at best and I'm actually getting a bit tired of it.

Also it's not really unfair when people think about it, Smash Bros is a Japanese franchise, so it makes perfect sense for us to have characters that are inspired from Japanese culture.
Basically, this. People are complaining about Japanese-styled characters in a Japanese game.

Who would know that a Japanese video game series would take inspiration from other Japanese media? :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

In defense of the "to many animes" argument, Dedede agree with it.
And as we all know

If a perfect being believe something, it's the right thing to believe.:troll:
The irony of it is.....
Dedede is an anime character.

In fact.....
The true anime of the Smash series.
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4yoshi::4wario2:(Had an OVA, interactive anime games, and an educational video in Wario's case)
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4mewtwo:(I don't think I need to explain this...)
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:(KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY, THAT'S A NAME YOU SHOULD KNOW! Also, Kirby and Dedede were part of that educational video that had Mario and Wario)
:4falcon:(WATASHI WA SHINEN! SHINENZUUUUUU!)
:4villagerf:(Technicality; there was an anime movie, and it starred a female villager)
:4marth:(Had an OVA)
:4pit::4palutena:(Anime shorts)
:4sonic:(Had an OVA and GOTTA GO FAST)
:4megaman:(Well technically, I don't think the Classic series had an anime, but there have been Mega Man anime series)
:4ryu:(Had a couple things IIRC)
:4cloud:(Unless Advent Children doesn't count)

I think that's it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Too many episodes/manga chapters.

I tend to avoid mainstream long-running stuff for that reason. Plus, I'm not interested in the series overall.

Same goes for Naruto, One Piece, Bleach... Too long. I prefer shorter stuff. The only long runners I can tolerate are the monthly manga, which get much less chapters per year.

The only mainstream long-runner I read is Fairy Tail, and even so, I don't regard it as a good series. It's average at best and I'm actually getting a bit tired of it.

Basically, this. People are complaining about Japanese-styled characters in a Japanese game.

Who would know that a Japanese video game series would take inspiration from other Japanese media? :rolleyes:
I only really watch Soul Eater now a days. That's really the only long running anime I watch. (And fine... SAO...)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But...the only good version of Trunks is the swordsman D:
Ok, fair point.

Yeah but that Trunks gets beaten every time he uses the sword. The only time it was effective was against Frieza and King Cold.

Got beaten twice by Android 17 & 18 using it and got it broken

Got beaten by Android 13, 14 & 15

And he pretty much dropped it after Cell came around.

Swords are useless in Dragon Ball.
Hey, that sword was able to wreck Frieza much harder than Goku did and kill King Cold.

Just because it wasn't able to do jack to the Androids and Cell doesn't mean it was useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The irony of it is.....

In fact.....
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig::4yoshi::4wario2:(Had an OVA, interactive anime games, and an educational video in Wario's case)
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4lucario::4greninja::4mewtwo:(I don't think I need to explain this...)
:4kirby::4metaknight::4dedede:(KIRBY KIRBY KIRBY, THAT'S A NAME YOU SHOULD KNOW! Also, Kirby and Dedede were part of that educational video that had Mario and Wario)
:4villagerf::4villager:(Technicality; there was an anime movie, and it starred a female villager)
:4megaman:(Well technically, I don't think the Classic series had an anime, but there have been Mega Man anime series)

I think that's it.
Actually the Classic Series did have an OVA called Operation: Shooting Star, and also the male Villager was in the Animal Crossing movie in a supporting role.

D

Deleted member

Actually the Classic Series did have an OVA called Operation: Shooting Star, and also the male Villager was in the Animal Crossing movie in a supporting role.
The only thing that comes up for the former is an action RPG for the Battle Network series.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Probably due to how many franchises Nintendo has that have massive western influence.

:4fox::4dk::4samus::4wario2::4littlemac:&:4link: get passes because of how many games did more for the western audience than the Japanese.

Plus when you combine the fact that anime is the cool thing to hate because of its insufferable fanbases, it leans towards a more Us vs Them mentality. When in fact the only non-Japanese character in Smash is :4diddy:.

Fans just want a Real American Western Nintendo character in their eyes.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
"wow, i am so suprised cloud is in the game, i think he looks cool" (No seriously this is one of the most nonchalant reactions to Cloud that I've ever seen)
And his reason for why he doesn't like Cloud, I've got to say, is kinda petty...
"How many swordfighters do we need?"
GUYS...there is only 11 sword using characters out of 56 characters. It only takes up 1/4 of the roster, there is plenty of variety, people are really over using this excuse where it doesn't even make sense anymore.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
They'd have a better bet with a Western 3rd Party than a Western Nintendo character.

Ah.
I should have just looked under "Mega Man OVA".
There's also another game which wasn't a game but rather an "interactive adventure" for the PS1 which was also a Japan-only, but I can't find it... :(

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
There's also another game which wasn't a game but rather an "interactive adventure" for the PS1 which was also a Japan-only, but I can't find it... :(

You're talking about Super Adventure Rockman.

That game is pretty much well known as the game Roll dies in

It's non-canon BTW

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I find it funny how a lot of the speculation scene has thought that SE was being too stingy for a character, yet the opposite seems to be the case.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The irony of it is.....

In fact.....
:4villagerf:(Technicality; there was an anime movie, and it starred a female villager)

I think that's it.

So... we need more anime character like Dedede:troll:

Seriously, I need to watch those Wario anime.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I think i got what is the thing with the paper jam lp.

Like, I checked their upload plan and I noticed that they wouldn't release the next part tomorrow and Wednesday, this lead me to believe they won't until release as both clocked an hour before stopping.

What I think happened is they were given the game and were allowed to upload an hour of footage when they get it.

If my theory is true, I shouldn't see new vid this week but this also mean that i won't expect to have new info unless some release like video reivew stuff.

Oh and the 4th part of the slower lp released, nothing new :(

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's amazing to see how much Sakurai's mentality with characters has changed over the years. A game ago characters like Villager, Miis, and Pac-Man weren't deemed worthy. Then come a few years later...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
It's amazing to see how much Sakurai's mentality with characters has changed over the years. A game ago characters like Villager, Miis, and Pac-Man weren't deemed worthy. Then come a few years later...
and then later on he'll change his mind about ridley. the guy is unpredictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom