• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm glad that her broken 0-to-deaths are getting removed, but I'm getting mixed messages on whether Bayonetta is still a good character or not.
Doesnt affect me I guess, I'm bad either way, but it'd be nice to get a consensus on that.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Kinda feeling down for a while now, kneeling over the grave of Nintendo, decided to look up how much the highest selling games on Saturn and Dreamcast sold.

They both sold 2.5 million copies each.

Wii U has seven games that did noticeably better than that, and New Super Luigi U is very-very-very close to a tie with that number of units.

. . .Everything about Nintendo's position is bad, but everything about SEGA's old position seems to have been somehow worse.

. . .Still don't know why I'm doing this.

. . .Oh wait, I know why. It's because I want hope that doesn't exist. :urg:

*EDIT* No, I'm sorry. I just. . .I'll probably slip back into denial in a few hours and go back to being slightly less of a shame to society. I'm just sad that there's no way to disprove Nintendoomed.
At least wait until the NX releases before you start feeling down about Nintendo's situation...they had one bad generation after coming off of one of the highest selling consoles in gaming history...

I'm not saying the NX will be the next smash hit, like the Wii or DS...but if Nintendo plays their cards right they should be in a much better position they are in currently...right now Nintendo is basically focusing on damage control they are aware the Wii U was less than stellar...

Remember something important when you compare Nintendo and Sega...

Nintendo
-Mario
-Pokemon
-Zelda
-Donkey Kong
-Yoshi
-Animal Crossing
-Fire Emblem
-Smash
-Splatoon

Sega
-Sonic
that's it...Bayonetta didn't sell all that well, keep in mind...despite her being quite popular as a character...

There's a bit of a difference...sure, Nintendo's third party lineup is abysmal but they've got one of the strongest first party lineups out there, one that continues to grow with the success of Splatoon and the resurgence of Fire Emblem...

There's also the fact that Nintendo has always had a strong showing in the handheld department, sure it's not the same as a home console as that is a bigger market, but their history in this department shows how promising their future is in that regard...
I've heard of some rumours of the NX pretty much being a Console/Handheld hybrid of sorts, if this is true that's actually quite a big deal...perhaps this is the new concept the NX will introduce, the new way to play?...the Wii U was actually not far off since you can use the gamepad anywhere within range of your console...but to be able to take your controller anywhere to play your games is a different story entirely...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Bayonetta is ****ing done.

It doesn't even look like she can combo off of her divekick anymore.
i wonder how long will we have to wait before they launch the patch. also rosalina and cloud deserved some nerfs as well. sakurai just doesn't seem to have common sense sometimes (or in this case almost all the time).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
i wonder how long will we have to wait before they launch the patch. also rosalina and cloud deserved some nerfs as well. sakurai just doesn't seem to have common sense sometimes (or in this case almost all the time).
Sakurai isn't even this team anymore. This all 100% Namco.

Take your Sakurai complaints somewhere else, he isn't the culprit for end of the Witch Hunts

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Dr Doom vs Joker?

I guess if you're ONLY looking at how iconic they are. I feel like Joker wouldn't be able to do anything to Dr Doom, based on his resiliance, intelligence, and technology.

Actually, I've changed my mind. I think what the Joker could do is to attack Dr. Doom's people of Latveria. He doesn't usually kill his opponents, just drives them mad. And Dr Doom is so serious and stone faced (kind of like Batman in that regard) that maybe their opposites would actually attract (in a vs setting) and they would be a good match. The Joker can be pretty hard to find when he wants to be.

Interesting. I went in thinking this would be a dumb battle, but the more I think about it, the more interesting it sounds.

But not for Death Battle. Based on their MO, this would not be a good battle. (They tend to do knock out, no holds barred slugfests)

Also, try out my newest Mario Marker level: 924B-0000-0240-C29A :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Joker vs Kingpin would be a better fight.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
At least wait until the NX releases before you start feeling down about Nintendo's situation...they had one bad generation after coming off of one of the highest selling consoles in gaming history...

I'm not saying the NX will be the next smash hit, like the Wii or DS...but if Nintendo plays their cards right they should be in a much better position they are in currently...right now Nintendo is basically focusing on damage control they are aware the Wii U was less than stellar...

Remember something important when you compare Nintendo and Sega...

Nintendo
-Mario
-Pokemon
-Zelda
-Donkey Kong
-Yoshi
-Animal Crossing
-Fire Emblem
-Smash
-Splatoon

Sega
-Sonic
that's it...Bayonetta didn't sell all that well, keep in mind...despite her being quite popular as a character...

There's a bit of a difference...sure, Nintendo's third party lineup is abysmal but they've got one of the strongest first party lineups out there, one that continues to grow with the success of Splatoon and the resurgence of Fire Emblem...

There's also the fact that Nintendo has always had a strong showing in the handheld department, sure it's not the same as a home console as that is a bigger market, but their history in this department shows how promising their future is in that regard...
I've heard of some rumours of the NX pretty much being a Console/Handheld hybrid of sorts, if this is true that's actually quite a big deal...perhaps this is the new concept the NX will introduce, the new way to play?...the Wii U was actually not far off since you can use the gamepad anywhere within range of your console...but to be able to take your controller anywhere to play your games is a different story entirely...
Yeah. In a better mood I'd be the one saying that, I just took a bit of a hit from one too many ill-chosen comment section browsings.

Although. . .now I'm slightly happier via being distracted as to what SEGA's next biggest franchise is.

If I'd call anything SEGA's secondary franchise at this point. . .probably SMT. It gets a lot of discussion without actually being begged for Smash representation and it's their . . .third highest selling series? It's pretty low on the totem pole compared to nearly anything Nintendo has, but I think it's safe to say SEGA made a good call buying that. Puyo-Puyo is second, of course, but the heck if I see that brought up much around here. SMT seems to be doing better internationally from my personal anecdotal understanding.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For some reason, Creepy Pasta's put me in a scared mood even if they are too ridiculous to be scared of the creepy pasta itself

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Yeah. In a better mood I'd be the one saying that, I just took a bit of a hit from one too many ill-chosen comment section browsings.

Although. . .now I'm slightly happier via being distracted as to what SEGA's next biggest franchise is.

If I'd call anything SEGA's secondary franchise at this point. . .probably SMT. It gets a lot of discussion without actually being begged for Smash representation and it's their . . .third highest selling series? It's pretty low on the totem pole compared to nearly anything Nintendo has, but I think it's safe to say SEGA made a good call buying that. Puyo-Puyo is second, of course, but the heck if I see that brought up much around here. SMT seems to be doing better internationally from my personal anecdotal understanding.
I know how you feel though, sometimes I can't help but feel a bit depressed thinking about the future for Metroid though...I want to be optimistic but a foggy future is something that scares me...Federation Force just leaves a lot to be desired as it appears to not be the game that I'm waiting for, and thinking that the future of the franchise may hinge on how well this game does...which at this point isn't looking too good...

To think I have to satisfy my craving by playing a bunch of older Metroid games...Pretty soon I'm gonna have to dust off the old Prime Trilogy and get back into that, which I've been wanting too for a while actually...

but with the NX on the horizon and the Wii U's failure seemingly behind us it's almost like starting fresh and we'll see how things turn out...for all we know Nintendo could have a new Metroid game waiting to be released for their new system...same is true for many other franchises such as 3D Mario, Animal crossing and a long overdue F-Zero game...with hopefully a much stronger third party lineup (Final Fantasy VIIR and XV is a good start)

Thinking about what could possibly be in store has me feeling a bit more optimistic...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Pops out of the shadows*

Late reply, but whatever, I've been busy.
The problem people have (and admittedly I can see why) is that he's basically judging an entire film based on what is practically snippets of footage.

And it doesn't help that he posted it online like some big announcement, making it come off as some sort of high horse declaration.
Actually, no. I don't think you watched his video then. He said himself that the film could be good for all he knows. But his problem is, well, it's a pointless remake. No one asked for it and it looks bad, thus, there's no point in him for paying money for it.

And really? Are you familiar with him outside of his AVGN series? He's known as a HUGE ghostbusters fan, it's one of his favorite franchises, of course he's going to comment about this. And he did it in the most polite way possible, he could've been way more blunt with all the bull**** that's been going on in the behind the scenes of this movie and the female leads just being female leads as a sexism card excuse. If this were the same quality of film with male leads, it would be even more hated, not only would the hate still be the same, but it's one defence, being the female leads, would be gone. Poof goes the defenders.

I mean, seriously.

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/ente...ses-/8204b8b3-fe2c-448b-a16b-61a850982e69.htm

He gets all of this ****, as a sexist pig, just because he chose not to watch a film. That happened to have female leads.

And BTW, actually, a lot of people do actually know that the film is going to be medicore, at the very best. Why? The plot of the movie and drama behind the scenes was revealed by a supposed leaker on reddit. And well, thanks to what the trailers show along with some of the toys. The leak is indeed, real...

*Goes back into the shadows*

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just wait until you learn who the villain of the new ghostbusters movie is...

LOL, it's just ridiculously stupid. But, honestly not in a fun way

Edit: Actually he's shown in the second trailer

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just wait until you learn who the villain of the new ghostbusters movie is...

LOL, it's just ridiculously stupid. But, honestly not in a fun way
I already know. Not only because of the leak, but because of the trailer confirming the leak today.

Lily's Slave

Smash Rookie
In other news, who here wanted to see Kid Trunks and Kid Gohan fuse? Or how about Future Trunks and Future Gohan?

What's that? No one?

To bad.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of wonder if the reason minecraft is adding new mods is because the merchandise, such as the "Minecraft minis" ran out of mobs and now is making things like "Steve in minecart" and "Zombie on fire" and "Ghast spitting fire"

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Do you think this patch was solely to prevent Bayo goign the way of Brawl Meta Knight or will there be more when it actually drops?

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Do you think this patch was solely to prevent Bayo goign the way of Brawl Meta Knight or will there be more when it actually drops?
I personally think (and I think a lot of others here do, too) that a lot of people complained about Bayonetta "THE ONE TRUE COMBO?" And such, and Namco just saw all of this, so they kind of just booped out a little patch just to nerf her so people would stop complaining. I am hoping there's more balancing when the update drops, though. There's no reason for them not to at least go around other characters and buff/nerf them a little bit. Like, you know... nerf Corrin's counter, already.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking about substituting milk for Almond milk

Then I read about almond milk and realized, while it has VERY little calories

It also has VERY little protein and calcium

It's essentially useless to me

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was thinking about substituting milk for Almond milk

Then I read about almond milk and realized, while it has VERY little calories

It also has VERY little protein and calcium

It's essentially useless to me
Milk has everything in the right proportion. There's a reason babies can survive on milk alone.

Also, no protein or calcium? Then what's the point?

:231:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is it worth looking into Marvel's entire story? Talking about the movie versions.

I'm getting interested now that I have seen Civil Wat.
I'm a big fan of the MCU, so naturally my opinion might be a bit biased.

But yes do it.

For the record:
Primary material (Phase 1) : Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers.
Primary material (Phase 2) : Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
Primary material (Phase 3) : Captain America: Civil War

Secondary material (ABC and Netflix shows) : Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones (note that the latter two, which are Netflix shows, are considerably darker)

Supplementary material (Other, basically) : The Marvel One-Shot features (the original Agent Carter short, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer, The Consultant, Item 47, and All Hail the King), the WHIH news videos (a series covering Ant-Man, and one covering Civil War. Basically they're in-universe news broadcasts).

And in case you want a timeline in which to watch the primary and secondary materials (not including supplementary for simplicity reasons) :
Iron Man>The Incredible Hulk>Iron Man 2>Thor>Captain America: The First Avenger>(You can watch Agent Carter here if you like, but you can also see it more down the line if you wish, as it takes place after the first Cap film)>The Avengers>Iron Man 3>Agents of SHIELD season one episodes 1-7>Thor: The Dark World>Agents of SHIELD season one episodes 8-16>Captain America: The Winter Soldier>Agents of SHIELD season one episodes 17-22>Guardians of the Galaxy>Daredevil season one>Agents of SHIELD season two episodes 1-19>Avengers Age of Ultron>Agents of SHIELD season two episodes 20-22>Ant-Man>Agents of SHIELD season three episodes 1-10>Jessica Jones season one>Daredevil season two>Agents of SHIELD season three episodes 11-19>Captain America: Civil War>Agents of SHIELD season three episodes 20-22.

ALTERNATIVELY, if you want to watch everything in in-universe chronological order, check out this timeline.
Everything clocks in at a total of about 120 hours, but it's incredibly worth it, especially since Feige basically said they're not gonna try to dumb things down for newcomers anymore, so to speak. :p It's a ton of stuff, but it's really good. Even the weaker movies/episodes are worth it in their own right for the connections they make.

If you want a look at the upcoming stuff...

Luke Cage series on Netflix later this September.
Doctor Strange is in theaters this November.
Agents of SHIELD season four sometime this fall.
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in May 2017.
Spider-Man Homecoming in July 2017.
Thor Ragnarok in November 2017.
Jessica Jones season two, Iron Fist season one, and Defenders season one estimated to be released for Netflix in 2017.
Cloak and Dagger is confirmed to be in the works as a Freeform series, estimated for "sometime in 2017."
Black Panther in theaters in February 2018.
Avengers Infinity War Part One in theaters May 2018.
Ant-Man and the Wasp in July 2018.
Captain Marvel in March 2019.
Avengers Infinity War Part Two in May 2019.
Punisher Netflix series is in the works with no estimated release date yet.
*EDIT*: Almost forgot. Damage Control also has a put pilot order. So at the very least, they're legally obliged to air the pilot episode if nothing else.

Of note, Infinity War Parts One and Two are getting a retitle soon to avoid confusion: they're two separate-but-interconnecting films, as opposed to one film split in half (some are predicting they'll become Avengers Infinity Gauntlet and Avengers Infinity War).

As well, there used to be an Inhumans film appearing in Phase Three right after Infinity War, but it's been postponed further, but still in the works. It'll likely be a Phase Four film, alongside the confirmed Guardians of the Galaxy Volume Three and the Black Widow solo film that they've "committed to."

Here I am just hoping Phase Four has a Scarlet Witch and Vision film. :p

Joker vs Kingpin would be a better fight.
I didn't know how much I wanted this until now.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So Bayonetta didn't get nerfed as much as getting smashed with a barbed wire bat?

Interesting.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So Bayonetta didn't get nerfed as much as getting smashed with a barbed wire bat?

Interesting.
You remember that nerf truck :4diddy: got hit by in 3 straight patches and :4sheik: was hit by 1.1.5? Bayo got that

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
This is nothing like Diddy/Sheik changes.

Bayonetta got kinda destroyed.

Sheik and Diddy are still top tier and are the two best characters in the game atm.

Bayo is still playable and has good tools but isn't nearly as good.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The funny thing is, until the update is officially out, it's pretty much impossible to know how the nerfs will affect Bayonetta.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Medli is out now in Hyrule Warriors (Legends) for those who want to try her out. I wonder when the new Smash 4 patch will be officially out....

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Around 1 PM in Japan on Friday, at least from what I've heard.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm a big fan of the MCU, so naturally my opinion might be a bit biased.

But yes do it.

For the record:
Primary material (Phase 1) : Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers.
Primary material (Phase 2) : Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
Primary material (Phase 3) : Captain America: Civil War

Secondary material (ABC and Netflix shows) : Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones (note that the latter two, which are Netflix shows, are considerably darker)

Supplementary material (Other, basically) : The Marvel One-Shot features (the original Agent Carter short, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer, The Consultant, Item 47, and All Hail the King), the WHIH news videos (a series covering Ant-Man, and one covering Civil War. Basically they're in-universe news broadcasts).

And in case you want a timeline in which to watch the primary and secondary materials (not including supplementary for simplicity reasons) :
Iron Man>The Incredible Hulk>Iron Man 2>Thor>Captain America: The First Avenger>(You can watch Agent Carter here if you like, but you can also see it more down the line if you wish, as it takes place after the first Cap film)>The Avengers>Iron Man 3>Agents of SHIELD season one episodes 1-7>Thor: The Dark World>Agents of SHIELD season one episodes 8-16>Captain America: The Winter Soldier>Agents of SHIELD season one episodes 17-22>Guardians of the Galaxy>Daredevil season one>Agents of SHIELD season two episodes 1-19>Avengers Age of Ultron>Agents of SHIELD season two episodes 20-22>Ant-Man>Agents of SHIELD season three episodes 1-10>Jessica Jones season one>Daredevil season two>Agents of SHIELD season three episodes 11-19>Captain America: Civil War>Agents of SHIELD season three episodes 20-22.

ALTERNATIVELY, if you want to watch everything in in-universe chronological order, check out this timeline.
Everything clocks in at a total of about 120 hours, but it's incredibly worth it, especially since Feige basically said they're not gonna try to dumb things down for newcomers anymore, so to speak. :p It's a ton of stuff, but it's really good. Even the weaker movies/episodes are worth it in their own right for the connections they make.

If you want a look at the upcoming stuff...

Luke Cage series on Netflix later this September.
Doctor Strange is in theaters this November.
Agents of SHIELD season four sometime this fall.
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in May 2017.
Spider-Man Homecoming in July 2017.
Thor Ragnarok in November 2017.
Jessica Jones season two, Iron Fist season one, and Defenders season one estimated to be released for Netflix in 2017.
Cloak and Dagger is confirmed to be in the works as a Freeform series, estimated for "sometime in 2017."
Black Panther in theaters in February 2018.
Avengers Infinity War Part One in theaters May 2018.
Ant-Man and the Wasp in July 2018.
Captain Marvel in March 2019.
Avengers Infinity War Part Two in May 2019.
Punisher Netflix series is in the works with no estimated release date yet.
*EDIT*: Almost forgot. Damage Control also has a put pilot order. So at the very least, they're legally obliged to air the pilot episode if nothing else.

Of note, Infinity War Parts One and Two are getting a retitle soon to avoid confusion: they're two separate-but-interconnecting films, as opposed to one film split in half (some are predicting they'll become Avengers Infinity Gauntlet and Avengers Infinity War).

As well, there used to be an Inhumans film appearing in Phase Three right after Infinity War, but it's been postponed further, but still in the works. It'll likely be a Phase Four film, alongside the confirmed Guardians of the Galaxy Volume Three and the Black Widow solo film that they've "committed to."

Here I am just hoping Phase Four has a Scarlet Witch and Vision film. :p

I didn't know how much I wanted this until now.
DUDE THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I won't let your post go to waste!
I'll be sure to look into it soon!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This is nothing like Diddy/Sheik changes.

Bayonetta got kinda destroyed.

Sheik and Diddy are still top tier and are the two best characters in the game atm.

Bayo is still playable and has good tools but isn't nearly as good.
Should probably wait a month or so before claiming that. There's always the chance of players discovering new tricks.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Medli is free of charge.

Not part of the Master Wind Waker Pack, so you can play as her without spending a cent.

However, I'll bet her Lv. 2 and Lv. 3 weapons may be part of the Adventure Mode map included in the DLC, which is what happened when Cia, Volga and Wizzro were added for free when the Master Quest DLC pack for the Wii U game was released.

Of course, I did buy the Season Pass... It's cheaper and them slick Wind Waker Robes for the Great King. :4ganondorf:

Last edited:

Chrono.

I believe so, yes. You do have to pay for the Master Wind Waker Pack though (Which I don't think is in the Wii U version).
Damn it.

I might just buy Legends at this point, between that and all the changes it made from the original (being less grindy, as well as Adventure Mode being less time consuming) have kinda sold me on it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Should probably wait a month or so before claiming that. There's always the chance of players discovering new tricks.

This and the reason why I said Diddy was hit hard was because from between of the time of Mewtwo's release to the release of Hyrule/Peach's Castle, Diddy got massive changes in each of those 3 patches.

To where they wanted no sign of Hoo Haa or any chance of that UpAir killing at a reasonable percent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom