• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
DUDE THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I won't let your post go to waste!
I'll be sure to look into it soon!
No problem! Just be aware of the rabbit hole you're about to go down. :laugh:

In other news, but also related, another source is now backing up the "Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, and Blade are getting Netflix series" rumor. I'll remain skeptical as always, but man, that's exciting. The main thing keeping me skeptical is how they'd manage the effects level needed for Ghost Rider on a Netflix budget.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm a big fan of the MCU, so naturally my opinion might be a bit biased.

But yes do it.

For the record:
Primary material (Phase 1) : Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Avengers.
Primary material (Phase 2) : Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
Primary material (Phase 3) : Captain America: Civil War

Secondary material (ABC and Netflix shows) : Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Daredevil, Jessica Jones (note that the latter two, which are Netflix shows, are considerably darker)

Supplementary material (Other, basically) : The Marvel One-Shot features (the original Agent Carter short, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer, The Consultant, Item 47, and All Hail the King), the WHIH news videos (a series covering Ant-Man, and one covering Civil War. Basically they're in-universe news broadcasts).

And in case you want a timeline in which to watch the primary and secondary materials (not including supplementary for simplicity reasons) :
Iron Man>The Incredible Hulk>Iron Man 2>Thor>Captain America: The First Avenger>(You can watch Agent Carter here if you like, but you can also see it more down the line if you wish, as it takes place after the first Cap film)>The Avengers>Iron Man 3>Agents of SHIELD season one episodes 1-7>Thor: The Dark World>Agents of SHIELD season one episodes 8-16>Captain America: The Winter Soldier>Agents of SHIELD season one episodes 17-22>Guardians of the Galaxy>Daredevil season one>Agents of SHIELD season two episodes 1-19>Avengers Age of Ultron>Agents of SHIELD season two episodes 20-22>Ant-Man>Agents of SHIELD season three episodes 1-10>Jessica Jones season one>Daredevil season two>Agents of SHIELD season three episodes 11-19>Captain America: Civil War>Agents of SHIELD season three episodes 20-22.

ALTERNATIVELY, if you want to watch everything in in-universe chronological order, check out this timeline.
Everything clocks in at a total of about 120 hours, but it's incredibly worth it, especially since Feige basically said they're not gonna try to dumb things down for newcomers anymore, so to speak. :p It's a ton of stuff, but it's really good. Even the weaker movies/episodes are worth it in their own right for the connections they make.

If you want a look at the upcoming stuff...

Luke Cage series on Netflix later this September.
Doctor Strange is in theaters this November.
Agents of SHIELD season four sometime this fall.
Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in May 2017.
Spider-Man Homecoming in July 2017.
Thor Ragnarok in November 2017.
Jessica Jones season two, Iron Fist season one, and Defenders season one estimated to be released for Netflix in 2017.
Cloak and Dagger is confirmed to be in the works as a Freeform series, estimated for "sometime in 2017."
Black Panther in theaters in February 2018.
Avengers Infinity War Part One in theaters May 2018.
Ant-Man and the Wasp in July 2018.
Captain Marvel in March 2019.
Avengers Infinity War Part Two in May 2019.
Punisher Netflix series is in the works with no estimated release date yet.
*EDIT*: Almost forgot. Damage Control also has a put pilot order. So at the very least, they're legally obliged to air the pilot episode if nothing else.

Of note, Infinity War Parts One and Two are getting a retitle soon to avoid confusion: they're two separate-but-interconnecting films, as opposed to one film split in half (some are predicting they'll become Avengers Infinity Gauntlet and Avengers Infinity War).

As well, there used to be an Inhumans film appearing in Phase Three right after Infinity War, but it's been postponed further, but still in the works. It'll likely be a Phase Four film, alongside the confirmed Guardians of the Galaxy Volume Three and the Black Widow solo film that they've "committed to."

Here I am just hoping Phase Four has a Scarlet Witch and Vision film. :p

I didn't know how much I wanted this until now.
Dang that's a long post. A link to Wikipedia probably would have sufficed instead. :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

In other news, but also related, another source is now backing up the "Moon Knight, Ghost Rider, and Blade are getting Netflix series" rumor. I'll remain skeptical as always, but man, that's exciting. The main thing keeping me skeptical is how they'd manage the effects level needed for Ghost Rider on a Netflix budget.
Simple: Bring back Nicolas Cage.
The man already comes built with special effects. What more could anyone want?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Looking for advice. Something pretty devastating happened to me.
I was trying o play Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour with my dad, when it told me that the save data was corrupt and had to be deleted.
I checked a few other games with similar results. Most horrifyingly, Amazing Island, one of my favorite games from when I was younger and on which I had made numerous monsters, was corrupted as well.
Do any of you know if there's anything I can do?

Chrono.

Excited for Moon Knight, if true.

Damn, them Bayo nerfs. If 0-to deaths are gone then i'm okay. Hope they didn't over do it though. I suppose we'll know in a few weeks.

Also finally watched the Star Wars Rebels season finale. Late as hell but what else is new?

Maul, Vader, and Asohka in the same episode, and now we have a blind guy and a padawan going Sith. Crazy

. . .So is Ashoka dead or what? It seemed like that was the implication but then they show her walk into the temple

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was trying o play Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour with my dad, when it told me that the save data was corrupt and had to be deleted.
I checked a few other games with similar results. Most horrifyingly, Amazing Island, one of my favorite games from when I was younger and on which I had made numerous monsters, was corrupted as well.
Unfortunately, when it comes to corrupted data, there really isn't much that you can do about it.

Unless you have a back-up. If you don't, I'm afraid that your save data may be lost forever.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's almost nothing you can do.

I got a corrupted Memory Card on both my GC and PS2. Lost all my saved files from NFL Street, Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Gems Collection, Melee, Sonic Adventure DX/2 Battle, DBZ Budokai 1 and 100% Completion of Kirby Air Ride.

There's also my PSP wher I lost EVERYTHING on Dissidia 012, My hacked emulator and rom games (which had 100% on Zero Mission and Megaman X1) and Power Stone Collection

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Unfortunately, when it comes to corrupted data, there really isn't much that you can do about it.

Unless you have a back-up. If you don't, I'm afraid that your save data may be lost forever.
It's almost nothing you can do.

I got a corrupted Memory Card on both my GC and PS2. Lost all my saved files from NFL Street, Sonic Mega Collection, Sonic Gems Collection, Melee, Sonic Adventure DX/2 Battle, DBZ Budokai 1 and 100% Completion of Kirby Air Ride.

There's also my PSP wher I lost EVERYTHING on Dissidia 012, My hacked emulator and rom games (which had 100% on Zero Mission and Megaman X1) and Power Stone Collection
Thanks for the response. I've read that putting a memory card or SD card in a freezer for an hour can sometimes fix it. Has anyone here heard that too?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So in what is likely one of the last bits of Disney Infinity news, we now know of another character that was planned and worked on for 3.0, but now will never release.

RIP Spider-Gwen :(

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That Spot Pass present that came with HW:L DLC was great.

I had binged on the game yesterday and saved up over 700,000 Rupees. Then I scanned some amiibo in and got even more, then got the Spot Pass present of 500,000 Rupees, bringing me to the total below.

After pouring all of my Rupees into badges for Medli and into leveling her up from Lv. 1, she's now almost as high leveled as my Toon Link already, and Toon Link being my second highest level character after Link (who is at Lv. 74 IIRC).

Also you get some Gold tier Fairy food, and because of that, my main fairy has gone from being around Lv. 60, to almost Lv. 99. My weakest Fairy also has caught up to the others as well, as she was lagging behind before (I only give fairies their preferred food as they get better traits that way).

Progression is just so much more convenient in this game than it is in Wii U HW.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Medli is pretty great.

Her C4 attack is amazing. It absolutely does not care about enemy captain guards, and you can do aerial combos from it too after you get them in the air.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is it me, or are most new Weekly Shonen Jump manga introduced since 2015 less impressive compared to the series introduced within pre-2015?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Bayonnaise the only one touched in the update? Kinda tells me that they don't want to make anymore balance updates after this.

And I'll play some of the new HW DLC today.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it me, or are most new Weekly Shonen Jump manga introduced since 2015 less impressive compared to the series introduced within pre-2015?
It appears so, but there are some diamonds in the rough. But who's to say things can't change since I didn't expect SnS to do good in the past.

Black Clover is a rather decent battle manga that's out as of now, but its similarities with Naruto sort of ruin it. I can't stop thinking of Naruto whenever I even see Asta on panel (though he's much more obnoxious and loud than pre-timeskip Naruto). Hinomaru Sumo is a unique take on the sumo wrestling genre as well, the fights are just as realistic as you'd expect out of an actual show. But its lack of popularity and huge sales (40k) will prevent it from getting an anime this year. And lastly, Straighten Up! is definitely a great interpretation of dancing as a sport or dancing competitions in general. I really love the interacting between the protagonist and his dance partner since day one, even the development feels pretty natural. But it appears to be struggling with your favorite summoning manga being around. Never read Samon, but my impressions of the first three chapters weren't that impressive. Maybe you can tell me about it and I can probably see if it's worth the read.

The other new manga in the magazine just don't really catch my interest. Kimetsu no Yaiba is another demon slaying manga that we've seen before many times, even the art isn't that impressive. Yuuna no Yuragi-san is another generic ecchi harem that is better off on another magazine instead. If I-Shoujo and Ai Robot flopped previously, then what's the point of even trying to make that genre popular in the magazine. Even the "waifus" themselves aren't really interesting characters on their own. Mononofu is trying to popularize the idea of shogi to the main audience with a rather dim-witted character. The way the game works is accurate in there, but not in a way where it interests me. Just can't really get into it no matter how hard I try. Doesn't help the fact that people are overanalyzing the protagonist (they think he is diagnosed with autism, which I doubt any manga would ever do).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Amazon is saying Pokémon Sun & Moon has multiple islands.

Extremely obvious but have something to somewhat confirm it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
**** man amazing island? man losing that save data is rough youll never remember all the monsters you made

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just saw the newest episode of the Pokemon XY&Z,

Ash's battle against Wulfric was pretty good. Avalugg may be a meh Pokemon in the games, but good lord, the anime makes it out to be an impressive Pokemon, especially when Wulfric started out with Abomasnow to activate Snow Warning so that Avalugg would benefit from Ice Body. In fact...
Avalugg solely took out out all of Ash's Pokemon!

The other thing I like about this episode is that this is the first time since the original series that Ash has lost two gym battles in a single region. Nice to see they changed things up a bit.

But man the episode's ending hit me in the feels.
Wulfric's commentary on why Ash lost, as well as seeing his Greninja badly injured, made Ash leave into the Winding Words and isolate himself, staying there overnight and into the next day. They play sad music for the remainder of the episode, and we see Serena being very upset, like she's about to cry, the next morning.

Like, damn. Poor Serena. I felt bad for her here.

And the preview for the next week's episode... dear lord, I'm not ready.
I'm just going to post the preview here for all to watch. It's better that I show, rather than tell, what I mean by "I'm not ready for next week's episode."

The writers are pushing Ash x Serena even further with that ending footage in the preview, only this time, something tells me this scene could be... emotional. I don't know why, but I have a feeling something bad is going to happen there, but I can't lay my finger on it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I saw an interesting thing pointed out for sun and moon.

People speculate that this girl is the main rival.
Someone pointed out that she also could be in the concept art:

So could she be the main rival after all?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
It appears so, but there are some diamonds in the rough. But who's to say things can't change since I didn't expect SnS to do good in the past.

Black Clover is a rather decent battle manga that's out as of now, but its similarities with Naruto sort of ruin it. I can't stop thinking of Naruto whenever I even see Asta on panel (though he's much more obnoxious and loud than pre-timeskip Naruto). Hinomaru Sumo is a unique take on the sumo wrestling genre as well, the fights are just as realistic as you'd expect out of an actual show. But its lack of popularity and huge sales (40k) will prevent it from getting an anime this year. And lastly, Straighten Up! is definitely a great interpretation of dancing as a sport or dancing competitions in general. I really love the interacting between the protagonist and his dance partner since day one, even the development feels pretty natural. But it appears to be struggling with your favorite summoning manga being around. Never read Samon, but my impressions of the first three chapters weren't that impressive. Maybe you can tell me about it and I can probably see if it's worth the read.

The other new manga in the magazine just don't really catch my interest. Kimetsu no Yaiba is another demon slaying manga that we've seen before many times, even the art isn't that impressive. Yuuna no Yuragi-san is another generic ecchi harem that is better off on another magazine instead. If I-Shoujo and Ai Robot flopped previously, then what's the point of even trying to make that genre popular in the magazine. Even the "waifus" themselves aren't really interesting characters on their own. Mononofu is trying to popularize the idea of shogi to the main audience with a rather dim-witted character. The way the game works is accurate in there, but not in a way where it interests me. Just can't really get into it no matter how hard I try. Doesn't help the fact that people are overanalyzing the protagonist (they think he is diagnosed with autism, which I doubt any manga would ever do).
This is correct. I was one of those fans who was skeptical of Soma and Sket Dance at first, then grew to love them both after getting as sense of their craziness. I really miss the latter...

Black Clover does have some room to grow as a manga. It's our first truly magic based action/adventure in a while since Magico (except this will obviously trump it because it was cancelled prematurely). Asta can get annoying, but his crazy brashness is what helps the Black Bulls and their kingdom multiple times. I can say that he's that perfect fusion of Naruto and Rock Lee done right in a manga. It's unoriginal, but it is at least an interesting experience throughout. HZ is definitely one I've been following. I like how the characters really learn from their mistakes (like losing tournaments) and actually learn better techniques to use against other skilled wrestlers. It's funny how a manga involving fat, muscular man get such a massive fujoshi following. Straighten Up! is a cute manga, I love everything about it. The development is actually done well instead of being completely rushed like most competition based manga out there. I hope it hangs on for at least another year before cancellation. Just read Samon the Summoner already, I don;t have to tell you to read something that had a slow start. I definitely gets funnier from there (Samon is such an adorable sadist).

Your thoughts on KnY is similar. It's interesting in some aspects, but the art truly keeps me from being immersed in it. Kind of a tragic start, but at least it can get better from there unlike Iron Demon. Yuragi-san just tries to hard to be the next To Love0Ru and fails miserably. I like me a good ecchi manga, but this one is not really impressing me at all. Even the main girl is just Lala is Ghost Form. Not to mention the male protagonist being a blatant One Punch Man parody with a young age. I'll definitely declare it as **** if the Black God in the current arc goes down easily. Mononofu isn't that bad. This is about a rookie that wants to try getting into shogi. So you can expect the pacing and matches to be slow. But I feel it will be cancelled soon after seeing today's TOC. Agreed, the whole "MC has autism" theory everyone is spouting is BS. The repetitive behavior and tendency to have crooked smiles is a character quirk (Like Luffy with meat and Naruto with "Dattebayo!"). Nothing more, nothing less.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just saw the newest episode of the Pokemon XY&Z,

Ash's battle against Wulfric was pretty good. Avalugg may be a meh Pokemon in the games, but good lord, the anime makes it out to be an impressive Pokemon, especially when Wulfric started out with Abomasnow to activate Snow Warning so that Avalugg would benefit from Ice Body. In fact...
Avalugg solely took out out all of Ash's Pokemon!

The other thing I like about this episode is that this is the first time since the original series that Ash has lost two gym battles in a single region. Nice to see they changed things up a bit.

But man the episode's ending hit me in the feels.
Wulfric's commentary on why Ash lost, as well as seeing his Greninja badly injured, made Ash leave into the Winding Words and isolate himself, staying there overnight and into the next day. They play sad music for the remainder of the episode, and we see Serena being very upset, like she's about to cry, the next morning.

Like, damn. Poor Serena. I felt bad for her here.

And the preview for the next week's episode... dear lord, I'm not ready.
I'm just going to post the preview here for all to watch. It's better that I show, rather than tell, what I mean by "I'm not ready for next week's episode."

The writers are pushing Ash x Serena even further with that ending footage in the preview, only this time, something tells me this scene could be... emotional. I don't know why, but I have a feeling something bad is going to happen there, but I can't lay my finger on it.
I was looking at the screens, it looks really good. And can I just say
Holy **** Wulfric is strong.

Avalugg weighs over 1000 pounds, and he has bonnie, dedenne, and squishy on his back to and he bench presses them...

Jeez!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I went to bed with Windows 7 and woke up to Windows 10.

Wtf? And my computer is running slower

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Windows 10 and Microsoft edge but are pretty bad.

As for why, your computer might have been set to automatic updates.
Well, I was somehow about to decline the update, and have windows 7 again

But the computer is still acting differently

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And DB is Joker vs Sweet Tooth.
Could go either way instead of being another stomp like Flash vs Quicksilver.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517

So ****ing accurate it hurts (almost literally)! :rotfl:
It gets better when you know what video the screams come from.

Gilva's rips are always just the best thing.

If I had a favorite, it'd probably be this one:
(Oh, word for the wise: a little bit of language in this video, considering how it's comprised of memes)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Beat the first AA game! Loved all but Case 5 which took way too long. Ending of it was alright. Time to start AA2! *penalized 3 times already on the first case* wtf am I doing wrong? *Maggey explains you can present profiles* I am upset now. 3 Penalties. brb gonna go von Karma

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just realized the people calling James Rolfe sexist for not wanting to see Ghost Busters doesn't really matter

Because the people saying that believe that all males are sexist just by the fact they are male.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Beat the first AA game! Loved all but Case 5 which took way too long. Ending of it was alright. Time to start AA2! *penalized 3 times already on the first case* wtf am I doing wrong? *Maggey explains you can present profiles* I am upset now. 3 Penalties. brb gonna go von Karma
I took a long hard look at AA once... I was never really into strategy games. But I can see the appeal of it, though. One of my siblings used to be a huge AA nut, and just happened to buy the Pheonix Wright trilogy on mobile. While mobile games never really worked out for me, I'd be willing to give this game a shot...

I just realized the people calling James Rolfe sexist for not wanting to see Ghost Busters doesn't really matter

Because the people saying that believe that all males are sexist just by the fact they are male.
Still don't know why they genderbent the entire cast, though. I mean, movie at least looks nice, but I kinda prefer the original.

Probably gonna see it when it comes out in theaters, though. Good or bad, I do at least like Ghostbusters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I took a long hard look at AA once... I was never really into strategy games. But I can see the appeal of it, though. One of my siblings used to be a huge AA nut, and just happened to buy the Pheonix Wright trilogy on mobile. While mobile games never really worked out for me, I'd be willing to give this game a shot...

Still don't know why they genderbent the entire cast, though. I mean, movie at least looks nice, but I kinda prefer the original.

Probably gonna see it when it comes out in theaters, though. Good or bad, I do at least like Ghostbusters.
Actually, the genre's called Visual Novel, as it almost exclusively focuses on story and you can't afford to miss details

To appeal to feminazis and steal their cash by claiming how progressive they are of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom