• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
If there is a direct coming up, all I could ask for is more info about E3.

We know next to nothing about it and it irks me so much.

Because Zelda U obviously isn't going to be enough to fulfill an entire E3 lineup.

Burruni

Smash Hero
If there is a direct coming up, all I could ask for is more info about E3.

We know next to nothing about it and it irks me so much.

Because Zelda U obviously isn't going to be enough to fulfill an entire E3 lineup.
Yes it is.
Because there's no digital event.
And Zelda U is the only game having a physical appearance.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Yes it is.
Because there's no digital event.
And Zelda U is the only game having a physical appearance.
Ok, in my defense I didn't know that.

Either way...

Still interested at what's gonna be there, this year.

And I have no idea about anything about E3 so I think it's best if I shut up now.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ok, in my defense I didn't know that.

Either way...

Still interested at what's gonna be there, this year.

And I have no idea about anything about E3 so I think it's best if I shut up now.
Sorry if that came off a bit aggressively.
Nintendo, like Ubisoft, EA, and a few others, effectively have pulled out of E3.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Man, fans work FAST!

Ok...that's awesome....

now where's the Litten amiibo? I need something to throw money at :p

This actually has me wondering if Nintendo will release pokemon amiibos for sun and Moon for select pokemon, like the starters and maybe the boxart legends...and whether or not the games will even have amiibo functionality...

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Ok...that's awesome....

now where's the Litten amiibo? I need something to throw money at :p

This actually has me wondering if Nintendo will release pokemon amiibos for sun and Moon for select pokemon, like the starters and maybe the boxart legends...and whether or not the games will even have amiibo functionality...
Huh...

An actual Pokémon amiibo line...

That'd take TONS of work if they made one for all of them...

I would get a Rowlet one if they were real, though.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Huh...

An actual Pokémon amiibo line...

That'd take TONS of work if they made one for all of them...

I would get a Rowlet one if they were real, though.
I think I read somewhere that Masuda is interested in implementing amiibos in some way, of course making figures for what is going to be now 800+ pokemon is pretty much impossible, and it demands a lot from teh fans especially those who want all of them, but of course a half dozen or so promotional amiibo is a possibility, like I said one of each for the starters and the legends and possibly a couple other pokes (hawaiian pikachu?)...Imagine if they released special limited edition amiibo that can be used for unlocking an event legendary...there's quite a bit they can do with this if they wanted...

----

On another note....GameXplain once again released yet another analysis video...and they pointed out, once again how the sun and moon logos resemble the symbols for each version of Fates, specifically in the video on the legends' heads as they attack...nothing that hasn't been pointed out before but that has me thinking, what if the differences between each version are going to be more than just different version exclusives?Just like in Fates...
Perhaps they could have different story elements and maybe even the region will vary slightly...like we can access different islands in one version, it's likely we may travel between islands using ferries or ships and usually in pokemon games we're given a ticket that takes us to the destination and in different version we could have two different tickets that are for different islands...

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think I read somewhere that Masuda is interested in implementing amiibos in some way, of course making figures for what is going to be now 800+ pokemon is pretty much impossible, and it demands a lot from teh fans especially those who want all of them, but of course a half dozen or so promotional amiibo is a possibility, like I said one of each for the starters and the legends and possibly a couple other pokes (hawaiian pikachu?)...Imagine if they released special limited edition amiibo that can be used for unlocking an event legendary...there's quite a bit they can do with this if they wanted...

----

On another note....GameXplain once again released yet another analysis video...and they pointed out, once again how the sun and moon logos resemble the symbols for each version of Fates, specifically in the video on the legends' heads as they attack...nothing that hasn't been pointed out before but that has me thinking, what if the differences between each version are going to be more than just different version exclusives?Just like in Fates...
Perhaps they could have different story elements and maybe even the region will vary slightly...like we can access different islands in one version, it's likely we may travel between islands using ferries or ships and usually in pokemon games we're given a ticket that takes us to the destination and in different version we could have two different tickets that are for different islands...
I would love if Pokemon did something like that. The differences between X and Y were so small that buying both seemed ridiculous, especially considering how easy it is to trade version exclusives.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I would love if Pokemon did something like that. The differences between X and Y were so small that buying both seemed ridiculous, especially considering how easy it is to trade version exclusives.
It definitely gives more incentive to buy both versions...

This could also help with version exclusives, for example; let's say Sun version has a Sun Bear and Moon version has a Wolf...to get the Wolf in Moon you get access to a more mountainous island with icy glaciers and such, but instead in Sun you'd get access to a more rainforesty area, both islands would have different pokemon based on that island's climate...

also it could be possible that the towers/shrines/whatever they're called that was shown in the trailers where we saw the legends can be found on their respective islands, instead of them being the same tower...as you can see Solgaleo's standing on a platform that has the sun logo, it is likely Lunaala is hovering over a similar platform with the moon logo, it could be possible that these towers may be in different locations (you may be able to access the other one post-game similar to how you can get both Lugia and Ho-oh in either Gold or Silver but you get the other one post-game)...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of Sun and Moon:

If the Villa from Platinum doesn't return, there needs to be riots because that be perfect...

Also if surfing pikachu isn't available....

And lastly, World Tournament please....?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

----

I honestly would like to see them do that. As of right now, the only Pokémon games that have notable differences between versions would be Ruby/Sapphire (some story differences) and the BW games (specific areas), but none of them differ to the level of Birthright/Conquest. At the very least, I'd like to see them aim for what they did with those two pairs, if not go farther and expand on the differences to give Sun and Moon their own characters aside from minor story differences and Pokémon.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
If Pokémon takes the amiibo-route, I think amiibo cards would be the way to go instead of figures.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Speaking of Sun and Moon:

If the Villa from Platinum doesn't return, there needs to be riots because that be perfect...

Also if surfing pikachu isn't available....

And lastly, World Tournament please....?
i want the battle frontier.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If Pokémon takes the amiibo-route, I think amiibo cards would be the way to go instead of figures.
Also a possibility...like I said certain pokemon will likely get figures and they could very well release amiibo cards for a bunch of other pokemon...

Another possibility I thought of is if they start implementing amiibo functions into the TCG...the Pokemon TCG has already experimented with the e-reader in the past and amiibo cards are almost like an enhanced version of this...it could be as simple as adding a small chip or scan code that can be scanned by devices that could I dunno unlock the pokemon on the card or something...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
i want the battle frontier.
Well that's basically confirmed to some degree, as the backpacker who seems to be from Aloa in sun and moon, talks about how his region has this great battle facility and says you will see it in time.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well that's basically confirmed to some degree, as the backpacker who seems to be from Aloa in sun and moon, talks about how his region has this great battle facility and says you will see it in time.
Oh man.
Can't wait for Battle Manor Part 2.
Maybe they'll give you FIVE rulesets.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
oh i hope so then. this generation needs more post game content. X and Y failed at that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah, as much as I prefer physical amiibos, Pokemon cards are the best way to go. What'd be neat is if they made them identical to official TCG/OCG cards so you can use them in the card game as well.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'm gonna cry if Eternal Flower Flowette ends up like the Azure Flute. Along with the other content from X and Y like the "Thousand" moves.

Hopefully Sun and Moon will tie in to the Kalos games and events in some way or form.

----

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm gonna cry if Eternal Flower Flowette ends up like the Azure Flute. Along with the other content from X and Y like the "Thousand" moves.

Hopefully Sun and Moon will tie in to the Kalos games and events in some way or form.

----
Maybe those Thousand moves are being saved for the upcoming(?) Zygarde forms.

And Eternal Flower Floette BETTER get released (at least they gave us chances to get Arceus without the Azure Flute).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I am completely lost in this Pokemon discussion. I must be more out of the loop than I thought.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For a hacked ditto, you could just hack one into an earlier game and trade it up

The DS games can be hacked easily

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If Pokemon does amiibo, all it needs is a Pokeball amiibo that stores data of any Pokemon.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
A Pokemon amiibo line would be too much.

Too much.

Because there's going to be some poor soul or 5 who spends the 9417.75 total it'd take if they made all 725 confirmed Pokemon thus far.

Yeah, it's probably best to not make Pokemon amiibo.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

The things that happen when you Smash at 2 in the morning...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
About Smash 4 mods. Wake me up when someone finds a way to get church lady Bayonetta in the game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not sure what hurts more.

The pain in my mouth after the filling, or the fact I have to get even more done at €130 a piece. And I have to get a root canal sometime.

I'm starting to think Summer of Sonic is a bust for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom