• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You've gotta admit, the first version from Brawl was good too

They should have brought back THAT version
That was okay, but I could listen to Ver2's Ice Cream Island 30 second riff all day. Man I love Kirby's Adventure. :laugh:

They brought Ver1 back as well. It's on the Halberd again.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
You've gotta admit, the first version from Brawl was good too

They should have brought back THAT version
It is back, on Halberd.

BB ver. 2 is garbage in my opinion; I never liked overly treble-y Kirby remixes, and the transitions between themes are really forced. Honestly, GCO, Ice Cream Island, and Dedede's Theme are the only new remixes I really liked this time around; Brawl's were far better arranged (although the difference of tone of the stage might have been the reason).

I can only imagine how much better off it would've been if Yoshi's Woolly World had been an Epic Yarn stage; you want Butter Building remixes, that game's got you covered.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
http://deadline.com/2016/05/tetris-...off-threshold-global-china-cannes-1201758000/
So not only are we getting a Tetris movie, but it will be the first in a trilogy.
You can't make this up.
And I thought the announcement of a tween/teen targeted Betty Boop reboot was bad....

Thanks to the concert hype and the 55% Amazon Japan download code discount, Tokyo Mirage Sessions sales are boosting in Japan this week. It's currently #2 on the weekly eShop sales over Splatoon (the game is a year old by now) and under Minecraft. On top of that, more reviews of the game are starting to pop up thanks to the concert. Glad that positive WoM is working there, but I doubt it will be that big for the West thanks to censorship rallies.

I'm not sure what songs I'd like for Smash. But we need this in the next game.

Or maybe some tracks that AREN'T from Final Fantasy VII (Square, you disappoint).
This. Final Fantasy games on actual Nintendo platformers exist, Square and Sakurai! You'd think you could have an opportunity of appealing to all fans instead of FFVII fangirls like myself. I want the Final Fantasy I Battle and Dancing Mad as tracks in the future.

Congrats to TMS's sudden boost, I had the feeling it would happen soon. But like KingShadow said, it won't do well westward due to cultural differences (Or shall I say unpopularity of the J-Pop genre) and somewhat inconsistent censorship. And I thought what happened with the Breath of Fire games was bad.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just read an article that dogs don't like being pet on the head.

So, I attempted to pet my dog and see what it did.

It moved my hand towards it's head

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And I thought the announcement of a tween/teen targeted Betty Boop reboot was bad....
We've got two years left until we see how truly bad it will be. I'm curious as to how they'll target her to teenage girls since today's generation is all about Miley Cyrus and her twerking.

And let's not forget teenage cellphone humor and old memes. :troll:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Admittedly Halberd had some pretty neat tracks.

But yeah, Butter Building had no spot over on that stage.

Stuff like 02's theme, Dedede theme V.1, and Legendary Air Ride Machine were pretty great on there, though.

http://deadline.com/2016/05/tetris-...off-threshold-global-china-cannes-1201758000/
So not only are we getting a Tetris movie, but it will be the first in a trilogy.
You can't make this up.
I would only accept this movie if it was a drama.

"Cube Block... I love you."

"Red Line! You don't have to do this!"

"I have to, Cube Block... it's my destiny."

*Bwoop Bwoop BREEP!*

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This. Final Fantasy games on actual Nintendo platformers exist, Square and Sakurai! You'd think you could have an opportunity of appealing to all fans instead of FFVII fangirls like myself. I want the Final Fantasy I Battle and Dancing Mad as tracks in the future.

Congrats to TMS's sudden boost, I had the feeling it would happen soon. But like KingShadow said, it won't do well westward due to cultural differences (Or shall I say unpopularity of the J-Pop genre) and somewhat inconsistent censorship. And I thought what happened with the Breath of Fire games was bad.
IDK, the idea could work

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
It is back, on Halberd.

BB ver. 2 is garbage in my opinion; I never liked overly treble-y Kirby remixes, and the transitions between themes are really forced. Honestly, GCO, Ice Cream Island, and Dedede's Theme are the only new remixes I really liked this time around; Brawl's were far better arranged (although the difference of tone of the stage might have been the reason).

I can only imagine how much better off it would've been if Yoshi's Woolly World had been an Epic Yarn stage; you want Butter Building remixes, that game's got you covered.
That was okay, but I could listen to Ver2's Ice Cream Island 30 second riff all day. Man I love Kirby's Adventure. :laugh:

They brought Ver1 back as well. It's on the Halberd again.
They did?

..Oh.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Eh, I never really cared too much about songs not fitting on stages.

Unless it's.. Scrap Brain on Green Hill Zone. Seriously, I never got that.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Or Big Brain Academy's Title Theme and Environmental Noises on Distant Planet.

Plenty of Pikmin 2 tracks would have been more appropriate IMO.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

But Environmental Noises was the best track for Distant Planet. :troll:

But the real flaw is the fact that Super Sonic Racing is on Green Hill but not Can You Feel The Sunshine?. Who wouldn't want to relive the days when that doll haunted our childhoods?

_Silver_

NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576

But the real flaw is the fact that Super Sonic Racing is on Green Hill but not Can You Feel The Sunshine?. Who wouldn't want to relive the days when that doll haunted our childhoods?
You Can Do Anything could have been on there

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Environmental Noises has to be the most pointless track ever.

Like... it's not even music. I can replicate Environmental Noises by turning the music off and opening a window.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You Can Do Anything could have been on there
Agreed. I feel like one of the only few American Sonic fans that like it more than Sonic Boom.

Sure it's pretty cheesy and not as straightforward, but it has that Sonic vibe way more than jazzy backup singers saying "Sonic Boom" over and over again.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Environmental Noises has to be the most pointless track ever.

Like... it's not even music. I can replicate Environmental Noises by turning the music off and opening a window.
Exactly, it's juts a pointless waste of talent that should have been saved for another Pikmin track. If I want environmental noises in my video games, I can mute the sound and just open my window (of course, without any bugs flying in) like you said.

So you just want more jokes about a ****ty creepypasta that only made the Tails Doll into a meme instead of a real character?

K. And the actual story was never that convincing to begin with.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I can be rather choosy with the music tracks that get played, especially back in Brawl. Depending on the stage, there can even be cases where I'd only have one music track be chosen.

For one example, while Route 209 does sound relaxing, it sounds out of place at Spear Pillar and Kalos Pokemon League, as those stages feel too intense for a relaxing music track to be used.

_Silver_

NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Agreed. I feel like one of the only few American Sonic fans that like it more than Sonic Boom.

Sure it's pretty cheesy and not as straightforward, but it has that Sonic vibe way more than jazzy backup singers saying "Sonic Boom" over and over again.
They also could have added a song from Sonic Rush, one of the Advance games, or Generations

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I can be rather choosy with the music tracks that get played, especially back in Brawl. Depending on the stage, there can even be cases where I'd only have one music track be chosen.

For one example, while Route 209 does sound relaxing, it sounds out of place at Spear Pillar and Kalos Pokemon League, as those stages feel too intense for a relaxing music track to be used.
Relaxing music has never worked as planned when it comes to Smash tracks. While they're nice, you don't necessarily want to listen to Route 10 while lava pillars are literally shooting up around you and the such.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
They also could have added a song from Sonic Rush, one of the Advance games, or Generations
We did get Right There, Ride on from the first Sonci Rush, though there were better tracks to choose from. As well as the Generations version of Rooftop Run.

But more tracks from those games would have been nice. Like Speed Highway for example (Up and down and all around!).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Relaxing music has never worked as planned when it comes to Smash tracks. While they're nice, you don't necessarily want to listen to Route 10 while lava pillars are literally shooting up around you and the such.
On a similar dilemma, the Rainbow Road music tracks don't exactly work well with Mario Circuit, as they feel more compatible with space-themed stages like Mario Galaxy. I get why the Rainbow Road music tracks are used on Mario Kart stages only, but the out of place dilemma exists, because Rainbow Road is a Smash 3DS exclusive stage.

_Silver_

NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Or
That other handheld-exclusive 2 part spinoff
Oh yeah. Sonic Rivals. One of the more forgettable Sonic games, sadly.
We did get Right There, Ride on from the first Sonci Rush, though there were better tracks to choose from. As well as the Generations version of Rooftop Run.

But more tracks from those games would have been nice. Like Speed Highway for example (Up and down and all around!).
or maybe Seaside Hill.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be honest, I don't mind there being no real Sonic remixes. Beyond the Classics, there aren't many games with tracks that I feel would benefit from a Smash remix.

Wish they used more Generations tracks though. Like this:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Korean kids are good at singing.

They do Broadway and Disney songs too.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In terms of Sonic Lost World representation, I felt like the following music track should've been added onto the Windy Hill Zone stage.

D

Deleted member

You guys start talking about music and you don't even mention Mega Man ****ING X.

Come on, Mega Man X deserves some love when it comes to music.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's like you guys forgot the one stage that desperately needs music more than Midgar

Seriously, it's not like Guile's Theme and Chun-Li's themes are perfect and memorable
Also put in Mushroom Hill on Windy Hill Zone and this theme on Pokemon Stadium 2:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I'm honestly surprised we didn't see a remix of Windy Hill for Smash.
Granted, the song was a year old at that point, but even Mario and Sonic at the Sochi Olympics had a remix of it.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Seriously, it's not like Guile's Theme and Chun-Li's themes are perfect and memorable
You say that as if you forgot Guile's Theme used to be a widespread meme.

Guile's Theme's certainly memorable... even if it used to serve a terrible purpose.

I do agree there needs to be more SF songs, though.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So a while back you guys were talking about a potential for Marvel VS Capcom 4, and who you guys wanted to be newcomers to be in 4 and who should return, the characters I want are for all the characters from the previous games to comeback in 4, I know dev time limitations and all that, its just I always feel bad when a character doesn't get to return is all.

Anyhow newcomer's I'd want in MVC4, would be Jubilee, and just going to say, before anyone pulls, but her powers suck, may I just remind you, she shoots fireworks from her hands, you know explosions, cause that is what fireworks are. Also I know someone's going to say this, I want mutant Jubilee, not Vampire Jubilee, and those who have no idea what I'm talking about, seriously look it up, Jubilee becomes a vampire at one point.

Also be nice if they added the other missing members from the Original X-Men team, that being Beast and Prof X if they found away to get him to work, since Prof X power doesn't particularly lend itself to a fighting game all that well. And that would be all the Original members of the first team of the X-Men, nope no sirree most defiantly did not leave one out at all, absolutely not.

I'd love for them to add to add all members of Fantastic Four, but while Fox exists, we know that won't happen :(

Also can't really comment on the Capcom side, since both Phoenix and Amaterasu would already be added if all former cast members got added back in. I suppose if you twisted by leg I'd say I would like to see Chibiterasu could be added, with his partners being used, and possibly Athena/Apollo/Edgeworth, if they could find away to not make them to similar to Phoenix.

You guys also remember the idea of Nintendo VS. Capcom, well I think there is at least one important decisions that they would need to make about the roster, mainly concerning the Zelda characters, that being which version of Link and Zelda do they use.
Now before anyone says anything I'm merely saying this, because Capcom likes to give characters little quip, as seen in MVC3, so I'm just saying, depending on which Link is used they'd have to make sure they keep his partner in character.

I mean we all know the most likely Link they would choose is OoT Link, but thing is Navi isn't really all that funny, but Link's other partners actually have better defined personalities, so they have an easier time coming up with dialogue for them.

Another thing I think they 'd want to be careful on, is if they decided to put in one of the Pokemon player avatars, they'd have to make sure that all the Pokemon that they added, didn't detract from the actual Pokemon they added, although if they choose to add a Pokemon trainer player avatar, most likely one they'd choose would be Red, since he is the most iconic one.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
In terms of Sonic Lost World representation, I felt like the following music track should've been added onto the Windy Hill Zone stage.

Man, Lost World has some phenomenal music. Probably some of the best in the series. Can we just have the entire soundtrack in Smash?

Ivander

Smash Legend
No....TMS doesn't even compare to what happened with Breath of Fire....)`:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom