• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Quick question, with the talk of modding Smash 4, that means we have the game's raw data correct? Now how long would it take to rip the patch's data and just compare it. I imagine it's a little trickier than finding changes in Team Fortress 2.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I hope this is the last patch.

Patch culture is the worst thing in any game ever.

Also, request to nintendo: buff Zelda jab again. :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Yeah man, think of Roy's feelings next time before you go saying something like that.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I actually just read the posts before mine.

What the heck guys.

Roy sucks enough already.

Yoshi is mid tier and Corrin nerfs literally did nothing.

Sheik is fine as is.

DK, ROB, Ike, and Megaman are way too good for buffs atm. Same for Marcina too but DB2 actually working would be awesome.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They should buff Charizard a lot.

Yeah, he's fine as is.

But let's bring him all the way to S tier. Just because. :4charizard:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Charizard actually should have a really fast airspeed. That'd be cool since he has wings and stuff. Heavyweight that gains aerial mobility is a neat concept.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Give Zard Yoshi airspeed so he can spam Bair
That kills at 50%.

Are you mad?
Charizard actually should have a really fast airspeed. That'd be cool since he has wings and stuff. Heavyweight that gains aerial mobility is a neat concept.
No. No he shouldn't. A buff? Sure.

Super fast? Hell no!

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Yeah, there's evidence to support Ike getting married and having a kid to a woman.

Priam, his descendant, looks pretty similar.
You know Ike has a sister right? So he doesn't necessarily have to get married, plus the whole speculation of Ike never getting married doesn't come from no where, since at the end of Radiant Dawn

He just up and leaves the continent, and only Soren or Ranulf go with him if they have A-Rank with Ike, so just cause Piarm exists, doesn't mean Ike got married. Oh and incase your wondering, in FE you don't have to be a direct descendant to be called someone's descendant, Marth is descendant from the hero Anri, but he's effectively Anri's great-great...great-Nephew

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know Ike has a sister right? So he doesn't necessarily have to get married, plus the whole speculation of Ike never getting married doesn't come from no where, since at the end of Radiant Dawn

He just up and leaves the continent, and only Soren or Ranulf go with him if they have A-Rank with Ike, so just cause Piarm exists, doesn't mean Ike got married. Oh and incase your wondering, in FE you don't have to be a direct descendant to be called someone's descendant, Marth is descendant from the hero Anri, but he's effectively Anri's great-great...great-Nephew
Priam has Ragnell.

Ike took it with him.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
  • The patch size will be 61MB for the Wii U version and a whopping 325MB for the 3DS version
Has there ever been this much of a difference between patch data sizes before, where they were only balance patches and didn't add any content?

Because 325MB is pretty huge for a 3DS patch, and there's no real reason why it should be so much bigger if it's just balance stuff like the Wii U patch. Best I can think of is that a certain change in the 3DS version requires re-installing a major file or something.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Has there ever been this much of a difference between patch data sizes before, where they were only balance patches and didn't add any content?

Because 325MB is pretty huge for a 3DS patch, and there's no real reason why it should be so much bigger if it's just balance stuff like the Wii U patch. Best I can think of is that a certain change in the 3DS version requires re-installing a major file or something.
I didn't know they were still getting patched.
I thought Sakurai was done with that whole thing.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why do I feel so old by turning 17 today? Dx
You do not have the right to feel old if you're only 17....because that just makes me feel like some old geizer...

(happy birthday btw)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Other possibility could be another stage going multiplat like the duck hunt one.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Other possibility could be another stage going multiplat like the duck hunt one.
I was thinking that too, but I'm trying to be conservative since they said absolutely no new content would be coming to either version.

Another stage going multiplat may not be considered new to consumers, but I would imagine they wouldn't do it since it's still new to that specific version it's added to.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be honest I doubt it's anything major.
I can't see a reason why after all this time they would suddenly throw in something new into only the 3DS version.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be honest I doubt it's anything major.
I can't see a reason why after all this time they would suddenly throw in something new into only the 3DS version.
Well throwing an already existing Wii U stage into the 3DS version woudn't take any development time at all.

Literally all they would have to do is reduce the vertices on models and lower the textures and maybe adjust the size for the 3DS standards. For something like Pac-Land, they wouldn't even need to do as much that.

The reverse isn't true though. Adding 3DS stages to Wii U would take time if they want to update everything for the Wii U (though honestly, still not that much.

--------------------------

I was just thinking about cancelling this today but I guess it's too late now.

Time to become a weeb dragon/piece of corn. :4corrin:

------------------

Oh snap

Should be noted that this is the exact same time as the Zelda Treehouse stream, so it could just be a mistake/stretched use of the "Nintendo Direct" term.

Unless the stream starts with a Direct or something.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Give me Pikachu buffs because it literally can't KO, and up throw to Thunder isn't really that reliable of a kill confirm (especially with DI away).

Brawl NAir pls, landing lag buffs maybe but I don't think they're going to change that.
You're using the wrong words there, because if Pikachu can't make any KOs, then it would've been placed at a very low tier position.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well now I'm freaking out a bit.

I've been trying to look up the answer to my question, and some things say if you so much as click on the image to go into the enlarged display without even going to the exact page like what I did you can catch a virus.

I'm running my antivirus but I've heard people say it's garbage.

Did I catch a virus just by clicking on it? :cry:
Go run trend micro house call. That should do it.

And if there's nothing you should be good.

As for the patch, Buff R.O.B. cause why not?

Fix corrin's speed.

Buff lower tiers, don't nerf previously buffed low tiers.

And I guess balance bayo without butchering her.

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
So I thought I'd try my hand at a Hunger Games simulator...
upload_2016-5-17_18-0-22.png

I call it... Clash Of The Cartoons! The only show where you can witness your favourite characters kill each other in a desperate bid to stay alive! (Sorry for any crushed childhoods...)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well throwing an already existing Wii U stage into the 3DS version woudn't take any development time at all.

Literally all they would have to do is reduce the vertices on models and lower the textures and maybe adjust the size for the 3DS standards. For something like Pac-Land, they wouldn't even need to do as much that.

The reverse isn't true though. Adding 3DS stages to Wii U would take time if they want to update everything for the Wii U (though honestly, still not that much.

------------------

Oh snap

Should be noted that this is the exact same time as the Zelda Treehouse stream, so it could just be a mistake/stretched use of the "Nintendo Direct" term.

My thoughts are if there is a stage it'd be the WiiFit one but without the mirror.

I hope they clarify that potential direct soon.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I was just thinking about cancelling this today but I guess it's too late now.

Time to become a weeb dragon/piece of corn. :4corrin:

------------------

Oh snap

Maybe...just maybe...the Treehouse IS the direct...

View attachment 107111

I call it... Clash Of The Cartoons! The only show where you can witness your favourite characters kill each other in a desperate bid to stay alive! (Sorry for any crushed childhoods...)
No Scooby Doo, No Wile E Coyote, No Bart Simpson 0/10 tribute lineup...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of the treehouse, I wonder if they got some new presenters.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 107111
>Mabel
>No Dipper
>First row is half "who?" and the other half "this shouldn't be here"
Star is going to kill everyone anyways

n8han11

Smash Journeyman
No Scooby Doo, No Wile E Coyote, No Bart Simpson 0/10 tribute lineup...
>Mabel
>No Dipper
>First row is half "who?" and the other half "this shouldn't be here"
Star is going to kill everyone anyways
I will admit, it appears poorly planned out, but for my first run, I decided to stick to 6 characters from each of the 4 networks I'm most familiar with. Although I will admit I probably could have balanced the popular with the obscure better... Wonder if this is how Sakurai feels when designing a roster...

Burruni

Smash Hero

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I saw these and thought they were pretty good:

Rowlet's in the second capture the theme perfectly imo.
If that guy gets rid of the 3rd form and replaces it with the mega forms for most of them it'd be better. His forms look too similar IMO

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I beat Conquest Lunatic mode!

Chapter 27 was probably the easiest of the lategame chapters, though I had to lowman it for my strategy. Basically, what I learned was that if you're in the rooms, the Maidens won't entrap you, so I had Camilla fly into the Ninja room and let Corrin and Xander get Entraped. Camilla killed the Ninja, Corrin killed the Sorcerer, and Xander killed the Sniper. They then used the stairs to set up for my assault on Garon, and since the AI is dumb in this case (they will aggro onto the units not in the stairs), they left the hallway wide open for Camilla to be positioned for Aura boost, and Corrin and Xander to get the kill.

Endgame is a pain (Inevitable End Maids with Enfeeble, why?) and I just decided to one-turn it. For this, I used a captured Falco knight from Chapter 24, stuffed her with Magic boosters and an Elise support, and gave her some Rescues. Corrin gets a bunch of boosts thrown on her as well, then she pairs up with Gunter. The Falco Knight Rescue chained Corrin to Takumi, and I had to rely on either Dragon Fang processing twice or Vengeance not processing at all across two rounds to get the kill. Took a few tries to get, but it was finally done.

All in all, this was a very challenging, but fun mode. It really tests you to plan ahead and deal with everything the game throws at you, but only a couple times did I feel that it was being unfair in that regard. So whenever I beat a level, I always felt I overcame something and got a sense of accomplishment, and for that, I would place Conquest among my favorites Fire Emblem games to beat. If I were to place it in terms of challenge out of the games I've played, I'd only place it below Thracia, but I haven't played FE12 Reverse Lunatic mode, so that may be higher.

Top 5 units: Xander, Keaton/Selena, Corrin, Camilla, and Niles.

I saw these and thought they were pretty good:

Rowlet's in the second capture the theme perfectly imo.
Those are honestly pretty good fakes, they definitely capture the theme that they seem to be going for without being too detailed or out there with the designs.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Xenoverse 2 confirmed

The return of Dumplin and my character Carbon to save the DBZ universe.

And dat Episode of Bardock and History of Trunks
This should be good.

First game was a great start, but held back by some minor annoyances (A LOT of minor annoyances). Hopefully they figure out what to improve and what to scrap.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone on reddit told me that Rosalina is "nigh impossible to punish when her shield is broken".

Holy **** why do I even bother with this community?

And of course my advice on how to actually fight Rosalina in Smash gets downvoted because "NUUUUUH SHE NEEDZ NURFS MY FOR GLORY WIN RATE CAN'T HANDLE HER!!!"

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, finally calmed down a bit from my moral compass ego shame, currently running the program I was recommended. . .

. . .Ooh, they're patching again? Hopefully this will finally mean people will calm down and stop going on about the DLC being pay-to-win. I mean it probably won't, but hopefully.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Alright, finally calmed down a bit from my moral compass ego shame, currently running the program I was recommended. . .

. . .Ooh, they're patching again? Hopefully this will finally mean people will calm down and stop going on about the DLC being pay-to-win. I mean it probably won't, but hopefully.
The Smash 4 "competitive" community is literally dependent on patches. It's literally a patch culture.

They will never stop complaining.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Nah, I think the complainers are just the loudest.

Smash 4's competitive community has plenty of people who just play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom