• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Been watching a lot of speedruns for various Metroid games...these guys are crazy, but it's neat seeing the different tricks they use to save frames...

It's actually kinda funny how many different kinds of 'runs' there are for Super...just goes to show how many ways you can play the game...
:samus:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Rule 48: If it exists, there will be a shipping chart of it.

Gaster x Boatman and Froggit x Whimscott gave me the chortles.

But no Aaron x Temmie is disappointing. That pairing's inclusion would have lead me to give this chart a solid tem out of tem.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Speaking of chortles, I've found a Mario shipping chart that's too good to pass.

Who the hell would ship the babies together? Or the relatives for that matter (Mario x Luigi, DK x Diddy, etc)?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Am halfway through Fates: Conquest and I must say that I'm having a much more enjoyable time with this one than I did Birthright. The story/characters are still weak, but the gameplay is very solid. It's a shame IS thinks they can't find a balance.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhQeuT0cTGM
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2X-YivEhc
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWN5p7zJ_VU

Not sure how many people on SWF are retro gamers but I thought I'd share some of the drama that's been going on in the NES
community the past three months as it's both heartwarming and hilariously salty. :laugh:

One of the key factors for certain retro games going up in price is due to collectors buying up multiple copies and trying to control the market prices for the given game, at least for Triple A rare titles.

A literal super collector, who until recently was recluse, has started selling off/donating his holy grail tier collection in order to make a statement to those who try to hold monopolies on various titles. Which has angered those who are interested in making profit by price manipulation (ex. bidding up eBay auctions to "protect the value"). It's basically an anti-Mariotehplumber story.

While there are communication issues, I'm just glad the SWF staff doesn't abuse their power like what happened in Part 3. Banning people out of jealousy/protecting your wallet is beyond petty. :facepalm:
Did look into this a little bit more. Seems he was actually temp-banned due to trolling other users and posting Donald Trump spam. Kind of a shame, especially them being a Trump supporter :rolleyes:, but in their defense they did join after they were being trolled themselves by other users.

Forum drama is certainly fickle, and it's definitely proof of just how much goes on behind the scenes that most users are naturally unaware of. Their staff probably could have handled it a bit better, but it's good to learn that money wasn't a factor in their decision making.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of chortles, I've found a Mario shipping chart that's too good to pass.

Who the hell would ship the babies together? Or the relatives for that matter (Mario x Luigi, DK x Diddy, etc)?
> Daisy x Bowser
> Baby Mario x Baby Luigi
> Waluigi x Wario
> Mario x Yoshi
> Bowser Jr. x Bowser
> Baby Peach x Baby Daisy
> Rosalina x End of the World

These are the prime examples of bad ships here.

LOL at Yoshi x himself though.

D

Deleted member

> Daisy x Bowser
> Baby Mario x Baby Luigi
> Waluigi x Wario
> Mario x Yoshi
> Bowser Jr. x Bowser
> Baby Peach x Baby Daisy
> Rosalina x End of the World

These are the prime examples of bad ships here.

LOL at Yoshi x himself though.
You haven't seen the worst of it. Some people ship Sonic with a tree, no joke.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
That exists? Yeeesh, and I thought Shrek x Shadow was bad.
Try Heather from Total Drama Island x a pineapple. I am not making this up love, this **** is real as it gets.

The original fanfiction itself is PERFECT example of why Fanfiction.net could be DeviantArt's partner in law with its disturbing or poorly written works.

Crickey!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Great, now look what you guys made me look up.

*EDIT* What the heck? Sorry, sorry, had no idea something was up with them!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Try Heather from Total Drama Island x a pineapple. I am not making this up love, this **** is real as it gets.

The original fanfiction itself is PERFECT example of why Fanfiction.net could be DeviantArt's partner in law with its disturbing or poorly written works.

Crickey!
Christ, what terrible things you can see on Fanfiction.net. I've seen my fair share of disturbing troll fics (one involving Sasuke and a snake), but that sounds like the worst of them all. :urg:

Peach x Doctor Mario made me laugh harder than I should.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Thank you for stating that Marth, Olimar and Pac-Man are indeed happily married and well... are into women.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Thank you for stating that Marth, Olimar and Pac-Man are indeed happily married and well... are into women.
LOL this was made by someone else from that social.

I tend to be more than happy to sing that exact fact into the high heavens whenever I can, though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
> Pit x Dark Pit hate

U ****ing wat m8?

Christ, what terrible things you can see on Fanfiction.net. I've seen my fair share of disturbing troll fics (one involving Sasuke and a snake), but that sounds like the worst of them all. :urg:

Peach x Doctor Mario made me laugh harder than I should.
Seen that one before and I found it bad. Not that I was disturbed by it, but it was plain bad by Naruto shipping standards.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Samus is a strong independent woman, who don't need no ship!..........wait....
Also, no Ike on the married list. Priam exists. Deal with it.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, there's evidence to support Ike getting married and having a kid to a woman.

Priam, his descendant, looks pretty similar.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Woah!

Coricus Coricus

Those pictures have viruses. Edit them out.
Wait, what?!

:eek:

Sorry, sorry! I got them out!

*starts scanning computer immediately*

I just copy-pasted them off of an image search without loading the sites they were on or saving them. Any chance that makes my computer any safer, or am I completely messed over just for bringing them over?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait, what?!

:eek:

Sorry, sorry! I got them out!

*starts scanning computer immediately*

I just copy-pasted them off of an image search without loading the sites they were on or saving them. Any chance that makes my computer any safer, or am I completely messed over just for bringing them over?
It's okay dude.

Happens to the best of us.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's okay dude.

Happens to the best of us.
Well now I'm freaking out a bit.

I've been trying to look up the answer to my question, and some things say if you so much as click on the image to go into the enlarged display without even going to the exact page like what I did you can catch a virus.

I'm running my antivirus but I've heard people say it's garbage.

Did I catch a virus just by clicking on it? :cry:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Whoah, James Rolfe says he's not only going to not review Ghostbusters 2016, he's not even going to watch it

Edit: Got the name wrong, I confused AVGN with NC. Name has been corrected

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only Sonic ship that matters is Sonic's face x the ground.

And the only Mario one that matters is :rosalina:x:4bowser:.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Again, I'm really sorry about all that, guys. I hope I didn't accidentally give any of you viruses with my careless linking. :urg:

I did a full system scan with my antivirus, downloaded some antimalware thing that supposedly fills in some of the gaps, did a full system scan with that too, and found nothing. But then, I've heard my antivirus is garbage.

Oh gosh, I think my new thing I'm gonna be worried about is that I have a ton of viruses that my garbage antivirus isn't detecting and that I'm going to drag everyone else down with me. :urg:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Again, I'm really sorry about all that, guys. I hope I didn't accidentally give any of you viruses with my careless linking. :urg:

I did a full system scan with my antivirus, downloaded some antimalware thing that supposedly fills in some of the gaps, did a full system scan with that too, and found nothing. But then, I've heard my antivirus is garbage.

Oh gosh, I think my new thing I'm gonna be worried about is that I have a ton of viruses that my garbage antivirus isn't detecting and that I'm going to drag everyone else down with me. :urg:
You'll be fine man.

D

Deleted member

We talking about ships? Should I make a boat joke or post joke shippings? Either way, I love how they're done in FE :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom