• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

From photoshopping Miku to actually hacking her in games.

The absolute madman.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You know, I've been wondering.

How exactly would/does cloud processing work, anyway? I know it has something to do with something or other being run on the internet, but can I get an explanation on the specifics?
Basically, imagine Nintendo has a bunch of powerful computer processors set up in a server room at their buildings across the world.

You pay a rental fee to use that processing power they have to play games with enhanced graphical fidelity, or even run more demanding games outright. It's offered to you through cloud technology. You're basically connected to the processor over the internet.

This way, they could realistically sell the console at a much lower price than average, but would make back a lot of money through the cloud processing rental service. For example, imagine the next Zelda game, on the vanilla NX, is basically the same as the Wii U version - hypothetically, I would say upscaled to 1080p resolution, 30FPS, no anti-aliasing or ambient occlusion, or anything like that.

Now imagine you could pay a monthly fee that you can opt out of, let's say...$30 for argument's sake. Pay that fee, and suddenly you can run a lot of your games with some kind of graphical upgrade, like native 1080p, 60FPS, you have some anti-aliasing, and you have ambient occlusion.

This way, the console would be cheap and the processing power is meh, and you simply rent more processing for those bigger games or when you know you'll be playing a lot of games on your NX and want them to look really nice.

Cloud Processing is already a thing so it's not just something I'm making up. There are companies that offer it to other companies and such, so they can run better software and the like, or some companies just use it internally so they don't have to outfit all of their PCs with really powerful tech individually. But it's not really broken into gaming yet, and since Nintendo has patented something that sounds similar to it, I would imagine they plan to be the first to implement it heavily into gaming.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was a problem fetching the tweet

From photoshopping Miku to actually hacking her in games.

The absolute madman.
I saw Tracker tweeting about this. It actually looked really well done, so I've got to give him that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Basically, imagine Nintendo has a bunch of powerful computer processors set up in a server room at their buildings across the world.

You pay a rental fee to use that processing power they have to play games with enhanced graphical fidelity, or even run more demanding games outright. It's offered to you through cloud technology. You're basically connected to the processor over the internet.

This way, they could realistically sell the console at a much lower price than average, but would make back a lot of money through the cloud processing rental service. For example, imagine the next Zelda game, on the vanilla NX, is basically the same as the Wii U version - hypothetically, I would say upscaled to 1080p resolution, 30FPS, no anti-aliasing or ambient occlusion, or anything like that.

Now imagine you could pay a monthly fee that you can opt out of, let's say...$30 for argument's sake. Pay that fee, and suddenly you can run a lot of your games with some kind of graphical upgrade, like native 1080p, 60FPS, you have some anti-aliasing, and you have ambient occlusion.

This way, the console would be cheap and the processing power is meh, and you simply rent more processing for those bigger games or when you know you'll be playing a lot of games on your NX and want them to look really nice.

Cloud Processing is already a thing so it's not just something I'm making up. There are companies that offer it to other companies and such, so they can run better software and the like, or some companies just use it internally so they don't have to outfit all of their PCs with really powerful tech individually. But it's not really broken into gaming yet, and since Nintendo has patented something that sounds similar to it, I would imagine they plan to be the first to implement it heavily into gaming.
Well I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Nintendo charging for online, but I guess they'd at least be charging for something they're actively hosting on their tech that they have to upkeep rather than just putting up a paywall. I would hope that they would charge a lot less than that for a monthly fee considering they want to stay affordable and this would basically be paying the equivalent of six games a year or more than the system itself would likely cost for the boost, but. . . This wouldn't mean they would automatically extend to charging for online multiplayer and such, would it?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well I'm not entirely sure how I feel about Nintendo charging for online, but I guess they'd at least be charging for something they're actively hosting on their tech that they have to upkeep rather than just putting up a paywall. I would hope that they would charge a lot less than that for a monthly fee considering they want to stay affordable and this would basically be paying the equivalent of six games a year or more than the system itself would likely cost for the boost, but. . . This wouldn't mean they would automatically extend to charging for online multiplayer and such, would it?
I said nothing about them needing to charge for online PLAY. Just that they would offer you enhanced processing power using cloud technology, not actual online play.

I would imagine the revenue from people renting the processing power would be enough to fund that.

But to be honest, I could see Nintendo charging for online on the NX. Their online infrastructure up to now has always been bad, and that's kinda why it's been free.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The voice actor of Tiki wants a sequel for Tokyo Mirage Sessions so bad, but I think that the concert and drama CD will be the last thing Avex will do with the IP. Got to admire her enthusiasm though.

At least she got herself a nice cake for the good performance she did onstage yesterday. It's pretty nice if you think about it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Can't blame an actress for wanting to do more with role she had fun with. She definitely rocked the house with her performance (assuming she did since there are no videos of it online). But hey, that's what Marketing 101: Blue Ray Releases are all about mates.

At least Avex can make some decent money with everything out of the concert (tickets and limited edition merchandise) and the incoming Drama CD. I might import that last one depending on if its a side story never featured in the game itself. Surie got herself a nice cake just as cute as the character she plays and It's delicious.

Burruni

Smash Hero
The voice actor of Tiki wants a sequel for Tokyo Mirage Sessions so bad, but I think that the concert and drama CD will be the last thing Avex will do with the IP. Got to admire her enthusiasm though.

At least she got herself a nice cake for the good performance she did onstage yesterday. It's pretty nice if you think about it.
God knows when she'll be able to do it next if the FE:Mobile meets a mix of varying barriers: Doesn't reuse old characters, doesn't use voice clips, doesn't resuse her stuff FROM Awakening

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I've been working on my own Hunger Games simulator, based on a certain theme. It has a ton of unique events. I don't want to overload the thread with them too much, but I think some might find this one fun. Hoping the unique events work.

AllHeroes1.png

Contemplated making the roster bigger, but it's stacked enough as it is, even without folks like Wolverine, Daredevil, or Lex Luthor. Also wanted to keep Marvel and DC even. :D Also poor "Richard" Grayson.
Who do you want to win?

ALSO it might need to wait since the website's giving an Error 502.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I've been working on my own Hunger Games simulator, based on a certain theme. It has a ton of unique events. I don't want to overload the thread with them too much, but I think some might find this one fun. Hoping the unique events work.

View attachment 107035
Contemplated making the roster bigger, but it's stacked enough as it is, even without folks like Wolverine, Daredevil, or Lex Luthor. Also wanted to keep Marvel and DC even. :D Also poor "Richard" Grayson.
Who do you want to win?
The second I saw that I knew who you were censor dodging

Although it took me a while to find him

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

View attachment 107035
Who do you want to win?
Haha, Thor Odinson, just because it sounds hilarious. xD

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Man there's a lot of Hunger Games simulators happening right now.

Not enough Yo Kai Watch 2 chats.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also now I'm so embarrassed because I spelled Doctor Strange's first name wrong despite him being one of my favorites.

Now I'm sad. I did the noob mistake. D:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man there's a lot of Hunger Games simulators happening right now.

Not enough Yo Kai Watch 2 chats.
I mean.
We don't have anything besides "it's announced."
It's a weird mix.
Because for the localization we've got next to nothing.
And from the japanese version being like 2 years old anyone who is truly interested in information can dig it from that.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

View attachment 107035
Who do you want to win?

ALSO it might need to wait since the website's giving an Error 502.
So many great choices...

I'll go for my favorite, Wade "Deadpool" Wilson.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently the yokai I want to use most in Yokai Watch 2 is a competitive beast! I'm so glad for that

Especially since he's only B rank

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
These hunger games sims sure are popular, huh?
Also now I'm so embarrassed because I spelled Doctor Strange's first name wrong despite him being one of my favorites.

Now I'm sad. I did the noob mistake. D:
*pats*

It'll be okay, Opo. We all have off days.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was working on that one for a while and suddenly everyone else was doing one. D: Regardless, here's the Cornucopia. Didn't put unique events in the Cornucopia really, since it's pretty standard stuff. Later stuff, however...it's gonna get good.

AllHeroes2.png

Aquaman is hardcore. I like to think he called in an octopus for that. HULK RIP.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Completely out of nowhere, Prison Break is getting a reboot/sequel:

I used to watch this show sometimes when I was younger. Pretty interested to hear it's making a return.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was working on that one for a while and suddenly everyone else was doing one. D: Regardless, here's the Cornucopia. Didn't put unique events in the Cornucopia really, since it's pretty standard stuff. Later stuff, however...it's gonna get good.

View attachment 107045
Aquaman is hardcore. I like to think he called in an octopus for that. HULK RIP.
Aqua man strangling hulk in a fist fight is best thing ever

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I've heard rumblings about the Prison Break reboot for a while.

Don't remember where but it's sort of been "a thing".

I personally have no attachment to the series but it's nice for the fans.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, so I messed up and had to re-do the simulator for my unique events to work. In true comic book fashion, Hulk is revived through a retcon. :p

AllHeroes2.png

Today, Cap's a savage, Flash is Hawkeye, and Deadpool's probably alive beyond the fourth wall.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Okay, so I messed up and had to re-do the simulator for my unique events to work. In true comic book fashion, Hulk is revived through a retcon. :p

View attachment 107052
Today, Cap's a savage, Flash is Hawkeye, and Deadpool's probably alive beyond the fourth wall.
Deadpool is dead? But he can't die! Plus he was my favorite :( .

Go Joker... I guess.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

View attachment 107052
But Deadpool can't die! He's immortal!

EDIT: Greninja'd! And the Lego art style is neat!

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

View attachment 107052
"he Joker," huh? :p

Was that just a mistake taking the screenshots or something?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>go to check out a Sonic general on 4chan as I heard of a new rumour
>find nothing on it
>the entire thread is basically just debating about comic continuity stuff
>every game related post is ignored

Damn, it really is dry season.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Another phase has occurred. Will your favorite hero survive? Find out inside!

AllHeroes3.png

Ignore that Nightwing's there twice. Cropping and such.
Spider-Man's incredibly in-character while Joker's out of character. Also Cap's still savage for some reason. Bloodlust.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Another phase has occurred. Will your favorite hero survive? Find out inside!

View attachment 107057
Ignore that Nightwing's there twice. Cropping and such.
Spider-Man's incredibly in-character while Joker's out of character. Also Cap's still savage for some reason. Bloodlust.
So much tripping. Did Sakurai help design this Hunger Games, by chance? :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"he Joker," huh? :p

Was that just a mistake taking the screenshots or something?
As said above, cropping is hard. :p I suck.

Aww...none of my unique night events kicked in this time...
AllHeroes4.png
Black Panther died. D: So did Cyborg. D:.

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom