• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait, I'm pranked?

How is that even possible? I haven't bought any Premium upgrades and the one someone gave me for free expired about a year ago.

I'm confused... :dizzy:
People that are premium can't be pranked. Only normal users

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Uh, what's so bad about it? I started watching it because of a friend but I found it pretty funny so far
You know who the main character share a room with? Well to be frank, it comes across terribly like an abusive relationship, and show came across to me as saying the main character is wrong for being a lesbian.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Hey guys, daily reminder that Mei is fat and adorable

Wait, I'm pranked?

How is that even possible? I haven't bought any Premium upgrades and the one someone gave me for free expired about a year ago.

I'm confused... :dizzy:
All regular users are eligible to be pranked by a Premium user.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
LOL, someone at serebii just made the argument that there is no way that Rowlett would become ground type because that would mean Popplio would be x2 strong against Litten and x4 strong against Rowlett with ice attacks. A clear advantage over the others.

Y'see the problem with that? Rowlett is ALREADY x4 weak against ice attacks.
I mean, Torterra has the best type advantage out of the Sinnoh starters, so it wouldn't be new. Don't want Rowlet to become Ground though

D

Deleted member

You know who the main character share a room with? Well to be frank, it comes across terribly like an abusive relationship, and show came across to me as saying the main character is wrong for being a lesbian.
All I see is a parody of the Yuri genre tbh
And there has been nothing of it trying to say she is wrong for being lesbian, unless they pull the High School Lesbian trope by the end saying it was "just a phase", then I could understand what you mean

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yo-Kai Watch 2 for North America?

Well, I really loved my run on the first game so I can promise them a sale for the sequel. The version I'll pick I don't know.

But releasing it somewhat near Pokémon Sun & Moon sounds pretty disastrous.
Considering the 3DS lifespan is closing soon, I'd say September 30th is a pretty good time, even if it's next to Sun/Moon in release date.

I want all of the YW games to be localized as soon as possible.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't think I could get into Overwatch even if it is a better team shooter game thing than TF2.

I just really don't like it's art style

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The Burrowing Owl theory relies on the types, which as I said, has nothing to connect the two
Also, Megas=/=evolutions

Uh, what's so bad about it? I started watching it because of a friend but I found it pretty funny so far
It is just a theory, Rowlet is an owl...if an owl becomes a ground type, it'll likely be based on a species of owl that lives in the ground, nothing more to it really...some typings make less sense in the pokemon world...

Also just because its temporary doesn't mean its a fact you should ignore...Charizard loses its flying type upon mega evolving...
Just because no other starter hasn't permanently lost its typing doesn't mean it won't...no precedence doesn't mean impossible...

I still think we should take this information with a grain of salt since we don't have that much to go off of but also be open to the possibility of it being true...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Im in the mood for some Mega Man talk.

So i will make some questions. (that literally the only thing i do aside from posting Golden Sun comics)

1-Which game of the Classic Series is your favorite?

2-Who is your favorite Robot Master and why?

3-Out of all the Special Weapons in the series, which one is your favorite? (outside of the ridicously overpowered Metal Blade)

4-If you had to make your own Robot Master:
What would be his/her name?

What would be his/her Power?

What would be the weapon that you get after defeating him/her?

What kind of stage would he/she have? What kind of hazards and enemies said stage would have?

5-What am i fighing fooooooooooor?

6-What is your favorite Ice Cream flavor?
1. Mega Man 8 (Perfect revival to a classic series)

2. Napalm Man because the dude is a tank (literally and figuratively)

3. Air Shooter (Never felt so satisfying to kill Air Man)

4. Shovel Man (Power Shovel will be your weapon for swinging and digging dirt piles. His powers would include digging, hauling dirt and treasure, swinging the shovel, shovel charging, and tossing his own shovel. The stage I can imagine takes place in a mine full of various pitfalls, tall grass, dirt hills, insectoid robots, gem spikes, and a giant pill bug miniboss).

5. I'm fighting for Man's Red Flower.

6. Strawberry FTW!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1. Mega Man 8 (Perfect revival to a classic series)

2. Napalm Man because the dude is a tank (literally and figuratively)

3. Air Shooter (Never felt so satisfying to kill Air Man)

4. Shovel Man (Power Shovel will be your weapon for swinging and digging dirt piles. His powers would include digging, hauling dirt and treasure, swinging the shovel, shovel charging, and tossing his own shovel. The stage I can imagine takes place in a mine full of various pitfalls, tall grass, dirt hills, insectoid robots, gem spikes, and a giant pill bug miniboss).

5. I'm fighting for Man's Red Flower.

6. Strawberry FTW!
Disney Wiki also says he says "Man's Red Flower"

But I literally just watched the animated jungle book, and he clearly says "Man's Red Fire"

Mowgli even repeats him "Fire, I don't know how to make fire"

Is "Man's Red Flower" from the new one?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
All I see is a parody of the Yuri genre tbh
And there has been nothing of it trying to say she is wrong for being lesbian, unless they pull the High School Lesbian trope by the end saying it was "just a phase", then I could understand what you mean
Like I said, her room mate also comes across as an abusive prick. And I don't see a parody of the yuri genre at all.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Considering the 3DS lifespan is closing soon, I'd say September 30th is a pretty good time, even if it's next to Sun/Moon in release date.

I want all of the YW games to be localized as soon as possible.
Considering YW often gets flak because of the similar concept to Pokemon, I think it's pretty dumb. Not to mention we Europeans got the first game 3 weeks ago

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Pokemon GO makes me curious.

Will people mainly be able to find Unova Pokemon in America, and mainly Kalos Pokemon in France and all that?

If they actually did go by region and what Pokemon are in what country, that'd be a very nice touch, if not make the game more tedious.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Like I said, her room mate also comes across as an abusive prick. And I don't see a parody of the yuri genre at all.
I don't see how it's not a parody, almost everything is exaggerated and there's a lot of self-awareness
And yeah, he is really abusive but I'm not taking it seriously anyways

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Honestly.
YW2 needs to have SIGNIFICANT changes for me to consider buying it.
YW2 actually is probably going to be the best in the series, considering the stupid IMO changes they are making in YW3

And it's going to have the game 1 bosses as useable

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Mega Man talk? This will be fun.

1. Mega Man 8 is my favorite (Yes, I like a disappointing game that has had inferior level design and music. And I tend to ignore the ****ty voice acting too.)

2. Splash Woman (First female Robot Master, based on a mermaid, and has one of the best weapons in the game)

3. Astro Crush is the best weapon hands down. Even if it belongs to a sniveling coward like Astro Man.

4. My Robot Master would be Dundee Man. You would fight him in a level that's practically the outbacks of Australia. You fight animals based on animals like echidnas, kangaroos, wombats, crocodiles, camels, and even a Bunyip midboss. The way he fights is tossing a bolas to constrict Mega Man, shooting with his rile shaped arm cannon, tackling him head on, or even calling birds with a didgeridoo tune. The weapon you obtain is the Dundee Bolas, which can contract and kill enemies with ease.

5. I fight for Amiibos. True story.

6. Mango is bloody great. Too bad you can rarely find it cheap in any store.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Disney Wiki also says he says "Man's Red Flower"

But I literally just watched the animated jungle book, and he clearly says "Man's Red Fire"

Mowgli even repeats him "Fire, I don't know how to make fire"

Is "Man's Red Flower" from the new one?
It's in both the original and the new one. But the new film emphasizes more on the red flower with Kaa's introduction.

Man's Red Flower specially a reference to the second chorus when he tries to convince Mowgli to make the fire after the latter said he didn't know how.

"Now don't try to kid me, mancub
I made a deal with you
What I desire is man's red fire
To make my dream come true
Now give me the secret, mancub
Cmon clue me what to do
Give me the power of man's red flower
So I can be like you"

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm still worried that Pokémon GO could be ruined with microtransactions.

I'll sign up, but I'll keep my on it.
Yeah but if the initial download is free then it doesn't matter.

Either it's good and you get a free game with reasonable microtransaction options if you want them, or it's bad and you lose nothing because it's a free download.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's in both the original and the new one. But the new film emphasizes more on the red flower with Kaa's introduction.

Man's Red Flower specially a reference to the second chorus when he tries to convince Mowgli to make the fire after the latter said he didn't know how.

"Now don't try to kid me, mancub
I made a deal with you
What I desire is man's red fire
To make my dream come true
Now give me the secret, mancub
Cmon clue me what to do
Give me the power of man's red flower
So I can be like you"
Why does he call it flower if he knows it's fire

I guess for rhyme

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should make a mega man game where you capture and battle with a team of robot masters, lol

What I thought of after misreading the title "Expect New Mega Man, Monster Hunter"

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I mean, Torterra has the best type advantage out of the Sinnoh starters, so it wouldn't be new. Don't want Rowlet to become Ground though
Based on type match-ups alone, Water/Steel actually has less weaknesses than Grass/Ground and Fire/Fighting. And since Empoleon gets Ice Beam AND outspeeds Torterra, it can pretty much wipe out Torterra before it even has a chance to Earthquake Empoleon (assuming that the Yache Berry and Focus Sash don't get in the way).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom