• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Is it bad that this barely surprised me? Rule 63 is almost as sure as 34, even if it's almost three decades late.

What's the feminine form of Edward? I'll just call her Elise.

Making everything better.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Is it bad that this barely surprised me? Rule 63 is almost as sure as 34, even if it's almost three decades late.

"Edwarda" is the feminine form of "Edward".

Also only Japan would turn a classic horror character into a skinny, kawaii lolita waifu.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhQeuT0cTGM
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2X-YivEhc
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWN5p7zJ_VU

Not sure how many people on SWF are retro gamers but I thought I'd share some of the drama that's been going on in the NES community the past three months as it's both heartwarming and hilariously salty. :laugh:

One of the key factors for certain retro games going up in price is due to collectors buying up multiple copies and trying to control the market prices for the given game, at least for Triple A rare titles.

A literal super collector, who until recently was recluse, has started selling off/donating his holy grail tier collection in order to make a statement to those who try to hold monopolies on various titles. Which has angered those who are interested in making profit by price manipulation (ex. bidding up eBay auctions to "protect the value"). It's basically an anti-Mariotehplumber story.

While there are communication issues, I'm just glad the SWF staff doesn't abuse their power like what happened in Part 3. Banning people out of jealousy/protecting your wallet is beyond petty. :facepalm:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

To be honest, there is alot of horror movie character turned into kawaii girl like that.
Freddy and Jason for exemple.
But...I won't show any exemple here, for the sake of everyone.:4wiifit:

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhQeuT0cTGM
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2X-YivEhc
Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWN5p7zJ_VU

Not sure how many people on SWF are retro gamers but I thought I'd share some of the drama that's been going on in the NES community the past three months as it's both heartwarming and hilariously salty. :laugh:

One of the key factors for certain retro games going up in price is due to collectors buying up multiple copies and trying to control the market prices for the given game, at least for Triple A rare titles.

A literal super collector, who until recently was recluse, has started selling off/donating his holy grail tier collection in order to make a statement to those who try to hold monopolies on various titles. Which has angered those who are interested in making profit by price manipulation (ex. bidding up eBay auctions to "protect the value"). It's basically an anti-Mariotehplumber story.

While there are communication issues, I'm just glad the SWF staff doesn't abuse their power like what happened in Part 3. Banning people out of jealousy/protecting your wallet is beyond petty. :facepalm:
It is shocking how much the guy on the left looks like a guy on my floor. Like. . .identical.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It is shocking how much the guy on the left looks like a guy on my floor. Like. . .identical.
I read this in the wrong context and thought you had a bunch of guys pinned down on the floor.

#ZebeiforWWE

Burruni

Smash Hero
"Oh man watch out this boss has the ability to heal himself for a ton of HP!"
> Curada Mist
> Everyone else is set to burst duty
> Leave the fight with full HP.

Basic enemies are giving me more strife in Bravely Second than the bosses, dood.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
You can search by dislikes on YT?

I don't know what's funnier, the Infinite Warfare controversy being that high or that a Justin Bieber song is the most disliked thing on YT (assuming this playlist is correct).

I don't know what joke to use to respond to this post. :laugh:

They live over in California so if you live there they may be someone you know. The guy apparently runs a popular used game store so he's well versed in the retro game community.

It's a fun podcast to listen to even if you're not a retro gamer as they do cover movies/comic books/YT/being an adult gamer. I'd definitely recommend listening in on it or watching some of the segments on YT as it's fairly down to earth in tone.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Cute.

Only a matter of time until Jaqueline Skellington is a thing.

D

Deleted member

Im in the mood for some Mega Man talk.

So i will make some questions. (that literally the only thing i do aside from posting Golden Sun comics)

1-Which game of the Classic Series is your favorite?

2-Who is your favorite Robot Master and why?

3-Out of all the Special Weapons in the series, which one is your favorite? (outside of the ridicously overpowered Metal Blade)

4-If you had to make your own Robot Master:
What would be his/her name?

What would be his/her Power?

What would be the weapon that you get after defeating him/her?

What kind of stage would he/she have? What kind of hazards and enemies said stage would have?

5-What am i fighing fooooooooooor?

6-What is your favorite Ice Cream flavor?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

So i will make some questions. (that literally the only thing i do aside from posting Golden Sun comics)

What kind of stage would he/she have? What kind of hazards and enemies said stage would have?

Anchor Man, with an anchor on a chain he swings around.
The power Meg gains would be a grappling hook
The stage would consist of spike pillars.
Vanilla
Vanilla

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

3-Out of all the Special Weapons in the series, which one is your favorite? (outside of the ridicously overpowered Metal Blade)

Cookies and Cream....

I've barely ever played any Megaman games if I'm being honest...but Cookies and Cream ice cream is ****ing AMAZING!!!!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

TotalBiscuit laughed so hard in a 30 minute session with a game that he had to go to the hospital and is now out of commission for a few days.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anchor Man, with an anchor on a chain he swings around.
The power Meg gains would be a grappling hook
The stage would consist of spike pillars.
Vanilla
Vanilla
> Anchor Man

He better be burgundy colored.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You can tell they're just itching to talk about it and that they know we're just itching to hear about it, but that they need to buy time in order for their presentation of it to not look like total garbage and that they're stalling accordingly.

It makes me wonder what the heck the Wii U has that it's missing for them to emphasize that, though.

And if anyone is thinking of getting worked up over a gimmick existing. . .please don't. We've had strong indications of this for a while now and pitching a fit before we even see it isn't going to help anything since it's already locked into coming out at this point anyway, so let's just wait until about half an hour after it's revealed before making any judgements and try to be as level headed as possible about whatever it does when the time does come. . .unlike usual.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You can tell they're just itching to talk about it and that they know we're just itching to hear about it, but that they need to buy time in order for their presentation of it to not look like total garbage and that they're stalling accordingly.

It makes me wonder what the heck the Wii U has that it's missing for them to emphasize that, though.

And if anyone is thinking of getting worked up over a gimmick existing. . .please don't. We've had strong indications of this for a while now and pitching a fit before we even see it isn't going to help anything since it's already locked into coming out at this point anyway, so let's just wait until about half an hour after it's revealed before making any judgements and try to be as level headed as possible about whatever it does when the time does come. . .unlike usual.
Not getting worked up and level-headedness isn't something people on the internet are known for...

Either way, as much as some people are opposed to the idea, I'm quite interested to see what they have in store...perhaps it may turn out to be much more than just another gimmick...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Too much is happening, so many people on Twitter are greeting me on my birthday and tagging me on Twitter!
It's INSANE!
Well no kidding, your favorite game's sequel getting announced for localization on your birthday? Of COURSE everyone wants to congratulate you!

You won the announcement timing lottery, Fumi!

D

Deleted member

Too much is happening, so many people on Twitter are greeting me on my birthday and tagging me on Twitter!
It's INSANE!
Happy Birthday BluePikmin (i know that's not your name anymore but i still want to call you like that).

I just hope this video makes you laugh........(i hope you don't take this video the wrong way..........)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Metal Man because of his cool design, stage, theme and weapon
Magnet Missile
Guitar Woman, she's a rockstar who can shoot electricity from her guitar, het stage is a typical concert with the enemies being musical instruments and wild fans
Stardust Crusaders getting fully dubbed
Stroopwafel

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Anyone that doesn't have Strawberry and Cookies & Cream as your favorite Ice Cream flavors have awful taste

D

Deleted member

1. Mega Man 7
It's one of the best looking 16-bit games and I generally prefer how it plays compared to the NES games. I also feel it's really well balanced while being just wicked fun all around.

2. Slash Man
He looks really cool is one reason, the other reason is I find it also cool that he's based on melee combat and not a projectile.

3. Possibly Flame Sword from Mega Man 8 (Slash Man's is fun, too)
I love the beautiful animation and appearance when you use it (plus I like slashing things).

D

Deleted member

Everyone knows that chocolate ice cream is the only flavor
Anything else cannot be considered ice cream

Chrono.

lol Super fakemons popping up now.

They turned Litten into the most bland of the 3, Popplio turns into Pennywise and Rowlet turns into a Bleach OC.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Hey y'all I'm sure if this is the right place or not but

I'm trying to install custom skins on my Sm4sh and I cant figure out how. I've gotten the music just fine. I just need to figure out the folder names on where to put the files for the custom skins. Sorry if this isn't the right place to talk about it, but I lurk this thread every now and again and I've seen mods talked about before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom