• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So I'm playing Melee and I hear something and I pause to go look at what it was and this happens.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Wasn't even intentional either. :laugh:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 4 Part 1.PNG

Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 4 Part 2.PNG

How not to camouflage 101 with Garbodor and Mamoswine?
That false prophet's forcing the other three into raids now. Damn devil.
In this world, it's jump off a cliff and body slam someone, or get pushed off a cliff.
God damn it, Spiritomb's at it again with breaking logic. It doesn't help that Chikorita's doing archery now.

:094:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Litten and Magikarp are a team now!

But eevee needs to die before he causes problems

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
View attachment 106950
View attachment 106951
How not to camouflage 101 with Garbodor and Mamoswine?
That false prophet's forcing the other three into raids now. Damn devil.
In this world, it's jump off a cliff and body slam someone, or get pushed off a cliff.
God damn it, Spiritomb's at it again with breaking logic. It doesn't help that Chikorita's doing archery now.

:094:
Apparently Hawlucha forgot how to fly (RIP)

and the image of Mamoswine hiding behind a bush is more amusing to me than it should be...

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so if you ever want to go down a trip look up every guest character whos been in tony hawks pro skater and know that there universes are now canonically tied together and that every game that they are connected to crossover wise is now connected to tony hawks pro skater

it gets really trippy when you realize shrek starwars and th e marvel cinematic universe are all canon with DOOM, Halo, and the legend of zelda never mind the dc universe

Tony hawks proskater is the focal point of all media and we must come to terms with this fact

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
so if you ever want to go down a trip look up every guest character whos been in tony hawks pro skater and know that there universes are now canonically tied together and that every game that they are connected to crossover wise is now connected to tony hawks pro skater

it gets really trippy when you realize shrek starwars and th e marvel cinematic universe are all canon with DOOM, Halo, and the legend of zelda never mind the dc universe

Tony hawks proskater is the focal point of all media and we must come to terms with this fact
I know about Spiderman, Wolverine, Boba Fett and Eddie, but what's the Zelda cameo? I stopped playing the Tony Hawk games after Underground 2

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, assuming the site leak is real

Which do you think it's going to be

Rowlett being Grass/ Flying, Litten being Fire/Ground and Popplio being Water/ Fighting

OR

Rowlett eventually being Grass/ Ground, Litten being Pure Fire, and Popplio being Water/ Fighting

D

Deleted member

In that case, what about W? One of the main protagonist crossdresses almost all the time, the one time he didn't was when he was kidnapped by zombies. Coincidentally, W is the best starting point

Have you never seen Monster House?

Ash is Paula Deen confirmed

>Rowlet
>Worst starter
Pick one
I just don't think KR is my cup of tea, I tried watching it before but well...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
On the topic of Nintendo going into movies, what series would work?

Pokemon is STILL churning out movies but that's the Pokemon Company's domain.

Let's see...

Mario has a lot of wiggle room to tell any number of stories
Legend of Zelda seems like an obvious choice but they'd need to work out what to do with Link's muteness. Keep it or let him speak.
Donkey Kong is more or less in the same boat as Mario albeit with a lot more budget dedicated to fur.
I think Yoshi would be part of a Mario movie rather than his own. He can't even get his own baddie in the games. It's always Bowser.
Metroid is a tricky one. They've tried and failed to make it movie before. How do you make a Metroid movie without remaking aliens? By making whatever Other M was apparently.
Kirby has been adapted to an anime that kept Kirby completely faithful to his mute baby self so a Movie could work.
The best one of the Original 8 I think is Star Fox. You got a cast of heroes with their different personalities, a simple yet solid backstory and they could either add in Krystal or increase Katt's role to fit the pre-requite unnecessary love interest.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Metroid would be easy to make a movie of

Just have half the movie a close up of samus' face as she monologues

D

Deleted member

But...you liked Fourze

Ah well, not for everyone. The actor of the Rider that revived the franchise hates Kamen Rider
I mean, I liked it more than the others but I still didn't have much desire to watch it

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Metroid would be easy to make a movie of

Just have half the movie a close up of samus' face as she monologues
I feel a good Metroid movie would mostly consist of flashbacks to Samus's past while she goes through the first game.

Continuing on...

F-Zero doesn't have much of a story so there's room to work with but it would be nice if Captain Falcon was the main character and not playing mentor to generic anime hero #4614
Earthbound and Mother 3... I don't think they'd work as movies. Maybe a Netflix series.

Fire Emblem seems like a good one to do but then you got the "Spirits Within" problem that you'll lose interest if you make an original story instead of adapting one of the bigger games.
Ice Climbers... In my opinion the world needs a cutesy movie about ice climbing instead of everyone slowly dying from the cool and trying to murder each other.
Game & Watch... Let's see how the emoji movie turns out first.

Wario seems more like Saturday Morning Cartoon material or a villain in a Mario movie
Kid Icarus, especially now it got some personality could work.
Pikmin already had a couple of short movies. How's they turn out? I haven't watched them yet.
ROB... I got nothing.

Animal Crossing already had a movie. Don't think it ever got dubbed.
Wii Fit... I got less than what I got for ROB.
Punch Out would need to try and be different from Rocky but I think it could work.
Xenoblade has the opposite problem to most in that it has too much story. I have no idea how to cram-a-lam that into 90 minutes.
Duck Hunt...

Splatoon has an interesting world but it'd take a lot to make an intense movie about a paintball war.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't actually like Gaim that well.

It felt a little weird to me. Half of the series felt like it was going one direction and then suddenly it feels like someone different took over and the show went in a completely different direction

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
So, assuming the site leak is real

Which do you think it's going to be

Rowlett being Grass/ Flying, Litten being Fire/Ground and Popplio being Water/ Fighting

OR

Rowlett eventually being Grass/ Ground, Litten being Pure Fire, and Popplio being Water/ Fighting
Those leaks can take a hike for all I care, especially after the one horror show that I saw not too long ago. Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Psychic are my inputs.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Those leaks can take a hike for all I care, especially after the one horror show that I saw not too long ago. Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, and Water/Psychic are my inputs.
I dunno, I think this one has some credibility

It was people taking things directly off the Japanese pokemon site afterall

D

Deleted member

I doubt the site "leak" is real, first that it makes no sense for Rowlett to change type, all Pokemon that did lose a type were either due to the type being added later(Scizor and Steelix) or because it was part of their gimmick(Eevee and Nincada)
Second, there's no way they're revealing their evos so soon, XY's only got them one month prior to the release and it makes no sense for them to be stored so early in the site
My bet is that they're either placeholders that mean nothing or one new dual type or two new pure type Pokemon

Lily's Slave

Smash Rookie
Certainly nice to have a small leak from an official piece of media than the chaos Smash DLC season brought about, that's for sure.

Turns out this is a thing (ty based EB Games Australia).

At least Zelda fans will have something to play this year :troll:
Ganondorf: "I summon three Stalmasters in attack mode"
Navi: "Did you just summon three monsters in one turn? That's against the rules"
Ganondorf: "Screw the rules Im evil'

Also card games on horseback.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I dunno, I think this one has some credibility

It was people taking things directly off the Japanese pokemon site afterall
For all we know, the Ground and Fighting stuff may be involved with something completely different.

The reason for why I think Litten's final form would be Fire/Dark is because it would depict its final form as being a stealthy predator, especially if it learns Dark-type attacks like Crunch, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, and Foul Play.

As for Popplio's final form being Water/Psychic, it could utilize its psychic powers to control its water bubbles, AND battle in an acrobatic manner. By controlling the bubbles psychically, it can pull off stunts that not even its pre-evolutions could ever accomplish. Of course, Popplio's 1st evolution could always get Water/Psychic right off the bat, much like with how Marshtomp becomes a Water/Ground-type after evolving from Mudkip.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For all we know, the Ground and Fighting stuff may be involved with something completely different.

The reason for why I think Litten's final form would be Fire/Dark is because it would depict its final form as being a stealthy predator, especially if it learns Dark-type attacks like Crunch, Sucker Punch, Dark Pulse, and Foul Play.

As for Popplio's final form being Water/Psychic, it could utilize its psychic powers to control its water bubbles, AND battle in an acrobatic manner. By controlling the bubbles psychically, it can pull off stunts that not even its pre-evolutions could ever accomplish. Of course, Popplio's 1st evolution could always get Water/Psychic right off the bat, much like with how Marshtomp becomes a Water/Ground-type after evolving from Mudkip.
Well, I don't really like the idea of Litten being pure Fire type, but it's what I'm going to believe from this point until I get further evidence.

This theory has the most evidence at this point.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Normally I would agree, but after reading Rowlet's pokedex entry, he seems to already cover that in his base form, and he isn't even a dark type...

Maybe I'm just bias for birds ;P ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Typically, expecting easy/obvious evolutions types/final form motifs is setting yourself up for disappointment from the get go (this early on, at least). Neither Torchic nor Piplup grew up to be Flying types despite both being based on birds and even learning several Flying type moves. Then there was Quilladin being revealed to learn Mud Shot during pre-XY release, yet Chesnaught didn't end up being Grass/Ground.

The official site "leak" seems difficult to doubt, but it could also end up meaning nothing. Shouldn't matter one way or the other until we see more, anyhow.

D

Deleted member

Even if you believe those are the types for the starter evos, it makes more sense to believe they're Litten's and Popplio's types not the Rowlet's who ALREADY HAS A SECONDARY TYPING

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Typically, expecting easy/obvious evolutions types/final form motifs is setting yourself up for disappointment from the get go (this early on, at least). Neither Torchic nor Piplup grew up to be Flying types despite both being based on birds and even learning several Flying type moves. Then there was Quilladin being revealed to learn Mud Shot during pre-XY release, yet Chesnaught didn't end up being Grass/Ground.

The official site "leak" seems difficult to doubt, but it could also end up meaning nothing. Shouldn't matter one way or the other until we see more, anyhow.
I guess I just find that treating Popplio as a Water/Fighting-type to be very weird, as it doesn't really act like a Fighting-type Pokemon. If its evolutions are Water/Psychic-types, that would help it expand its acrobatics further by using psychic powers to control the water balloons.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Keep in mind the images for the Ground and Fighting types were found on an official source....they were both added for a reason...

They are very likely typings for the starters as they evolve since they are found with their current typings...but it is possible they may be used for future pokemon, however what doesn't make sense is the order the types are listed...

It doesn't really make sense for Ground to be listed before Fire if Litten will become Fire/Ground, but if Rowlet changes typings...which is also a possibility whether or not it already has a secondary typing...If the intended concept for Rowlet is to become a Burrowing Owl for example changing his typing to ground does make sense in some way...
Another theory is these typings are only for the second stages, meaning Rowlet and Popplio would gain/change their secondary typing while Litten maintains a pure fire typing but may still gain a secondary type as it evoles to it's third stage...

But perhaps they were intentionally ordered wrong to throw us off, there's no other information found on the site as far I know and any new information can easily be added when it is needed so why would they add something that won't be used immediately?

Like I said they were added for a reason...

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I guess I just find that treating Popplio as a Water/Fighting-type to be very weird, as it doesn't really act like a Fighting-type Pokemon. If its evolutions are Water/Psychic-types, that would help it expand its acrobatics further by using psychic powers to control the water balloons.
We've seen 2 minutes of footage and read a few paragraphs of info on the starters.

Ordinarily, one can claim to know how they're "supposed" to act after the games come out, not before.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Which one should I pick up:

Doom 4, Overwatch or TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hopefully those zelda cards are a game, not just cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom