• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Math homework killed me, but got last in the hunger games. Makes me feel bad...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Swampasaur: Not overall disappointing. My 3 favorites lost, sure, but they did a damn good job in the end. Presea, Ash, and Mexican Cirno for the win~

...I didn't notice Ridley was in the line up till he died. Guess he wasn't too big. :troll:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Don't worry, I was simply overexaggerating. Every Smash character is important, it's just that Dedede is objectively the bestmy favorite.
xD Don't worry, I understand! I personally prefer Meta Knight.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
@IntelliHeath1 posted this in the smash NeoGAF thread but it's so adorable that i'm posting it here too

So many potential avatars.

(dibs on Pit)
While I wish there was a Falco, the Fox is definitely a close second. May use that as a profile pic if nobody else wants him.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Jesus Christ Ash calm down. You're 10.
I think exploring 6 regions and getting 5 girlfriends in the span of a year does that to a child's life.
Probably explains why people are jealous of him. What took people 25 years to get to 6/7 regions only took 1 year and 5 girlfriends for Ash.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Let's do this boys and grills! Welcome to Hunger Games: Pokemanz Edition!
Pokemanz Hunger Games.PNG

Rowlet, the worst starter! Litten, the edgy anthro swag lord! Popplio, the seal of approval! Gengar, the best Pokémon! Gardevoir, the Waifumon! Garbodor, the actual trash! Pikachu, the cash cow! Blaziken, Captain Falcon's other form! Lucario, the newest mascot! Zoroark, the failed mascot! Hawlucha, HAWLUCHA LIBRE! Jigglypuff, the irrelevant puffball! Jynx, the controversy queen! Greninja, the Nerf gun collector! Magnezone, the cop from the underground! Eevee, Overrated Incarnate! Spiritomb, the Wonder Guard hacker! Magikarp, the true god! Chikorita, Johto's hard mode! Omastar, Lord Helix! Dragonite, the OG Dragon! Mamoswine, the prehistoric monster! Farfetch'd, Hatsune Miku's dad! And Vivillon, devil number 666! Which one of these Pokémon will be the winner?! Place your bets, mates!

:094:

AndreaAC

View attachment 106909
Rowlet, the worst starter! Litten, the edgy anthro swag lord! Popplio, the seal of approval! Gengar, the best Pokémon! Gardevoir, the Waifumon! Garbodor, the actual trash! Pikachu, the cash cow! Blaziken, Captain Falcon's other form! Lucario, the newest mascot! Zoroark, the failed mascot! Hawlucha, HAWLUCHA LIBRE! Jigglypuff, the irrelevant puffball! Jynx, the controversy queen! Greninja, the Nerf gun collector! Magnezone, the cop from the underground! Eevee, Overrated Incarnate! Spiritomb, the Wonder Guard hacker! Magikarp, the true god! Chikorita, Johto's hard mode! Omastar, Lord Helix! Dragonite, the OG Dragon! Mamoswine, the prehistoric monster! Farfetch'd, Hatsune Miku's dad! And Vivillon, devil number 666! Which one of these Pokémon will be the winner?! Place your bets, mates!

This is gonna get insane...I just hope Popplio doesn't die too soon. :|

View attachment 106909

Hoping Gardevoir, Magnazone, or Chickorita wins.

Especially Gardevoir
Eevee, Overrated Incarnate!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
View attachment 106909

Since my favorite, Onix, isn't here, voting for Magikarp instead~

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
View attachment 106909

#Team Litten mate!!!

Otherwise
:129:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Gonna put all my chips on one of Popplio or Gengar.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 106909

0/10 no Chandelure.
I'm rooting for Greninja or Poplio because water.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone get annoyed when a let's player "Get's scared"/ acts scared and actually makes negative progress in the game because of it?

Gets scared and runs away.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Does anyone get annoyed when a let's player "Get's scared"/ acts scared and actually makes negative progress in the game because of it?

All the time. I hate how their reactions are just over exaggerated to the max. It's why I avoid watching Pewdiepie and Markiplier. I mean, what's your typical reaction when you're playing a horror game? Usually it's just a "woah" and you jump a little bit. But when it comes to Let's Players, they fly to the other end of the room screaming at the top of their lungs and really their screams are scarier than the actual jumpscare. It's annoying and unnecessary.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Pokemanz Hunger Games Cornucopia Fused Part 1.png

Pokemanz Hunger Games Cornucopia Fused Part 2.png

By far the biggest events were the deaths of Hatsune Miku's dad and cop from the underground in their battle against Falcon's other form and worst starter. Falcon did all of the dirty work, obviously.
YEAH BEST MON GENGAR SWIPING THAT MACE. SHOW 'EM WHO'S BOSS.
Holy **** though Popplio's Posiden now.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Rowlet's off to a pretty good start...

KEEP IT UP, HOODINI! I BELIEVE IN YOU!

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 1 Part 1.PNG

Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 1 Part 2.PNG

Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 1 Part 3.PNG

****ing cash cow murders the anarchy king while he was resting. That's just evil right there.
Magikarp proves his awesomeness by picking flowers without hands.
Spiritomb apparently has an ankle.
WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAWLUCHA'S GONNA DO ONCE HE GETS TO HIGHER GROUND YO
Someone's trying to kill the butterfly devil with holy water. Let's see where this goes.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
View attachment 106924
View attachment 106925
View attachment 106926
****ing cash cow murders the anarchy king while he was resting. That's just evil right there.
Someone's trying to kill the butterfly devil with holy water. Let's see where this goes.

True God grabs throwing knives and picks flowers....

Wonder Guard Hacker sprains his ankle...

I don't even...

Ivander

Smash Legend

Doesn't part of that come from the fact that they are talking and focused on talking to "the audience"? I mean, there is definitely a clear difference between focusing on the game, listening to sounds and being silent compared to talking to people and not paying attention to the game as much.
For some Let's Players, part of it I'm sure has to do with some trying to be funny, be comedic, do improve comedy, etc. Also, part of it definitely comes from them wearing headphones daily and trying to hear themselves. And I know this as a person who wears headphones almost 3/4 a day.

Still, it is annoying when the obvious exaggerated screams do come, but it can be quite a treat when the real legit ones do come. But that's just me in general.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
You know, speaking of Let's Players, anyone here remember Polaris?

I swear they're the cheekiest Youtuber group I've seen in a long time.

I remember they did a Donkey Konga Vs. There was a little camera in the top left with footage, as usual.

What they were doing wasn't synced up with the game AT ALL. I feel like they just recorded themselves just hitting the stupid bongos rather than actually playing the game.

I can't find it anywhere, though. If I could, I would put it up for proof. But take my word for it.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Pokemanz Hunger Games Night 1 Part 1.PNG

Pokemanz Hunger Games Night 1 Part 2.PNG

Pokemanz Hunger Games Night 1 Part 3.PNG

*Mamoswine is running through the forest, with the roars of Gardevoir and Dragonite booming behind him*
Mega Glaile: Mamo!
Mamoswine: G-glail? What are you doing here?!
Glail: Forget about that and listen: I'm not letting you die here. We've been friends since, what, when we just hatched out of those eggs, and you were one of the few Pokémon that gave me a reason to stay alive. And now, it's time to return the favor. I-I'm going to do what I was born for. A nice, refrigerated explosion!
Mamo: No! D-don't-"
Gardevoir: We have you now, Ma- hey, who's this gu-
~Guile's Theme plays~
Glail: You don't need to know my name. All you need to know is this: you screw with the Ice types, they screw with you!
*Mega Glaile explodes, obliterating Dragonite and Gardevoir*

Failed mascot's getting a waifu I see~
Chikorita's blazing it to all hell and back.
SPIRITOMB WHAT THE HELL YOU HAVE ANKLES AND CAN START FIRES
... Hawlucha, when you got to high ground, you were supposed to body slam someone. Disappoint/ 10.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
View attachment 106927
View attachment 106928
View attachment 106929
*Mamoswine is running through the forest, with the roars of Gardevoir and Dragonite booming behind him*
Glail: Forget about that and listen: I'm not letting you die here. We've been friends since, what, when we just hatched out of those eggs, and you were one of the few Pokémon that gave me a reason to stay alive. And now, it's time to return the favor. I-I'm going to do what I was born for. A nice, refrigerated explosion!
~Guile's Theme plays~
Glail: You don't need to know my name. All you need to know is this: you screw with the Ice types, they screw with you!

... Hawlucha, when you got to high ground, you were supposed to body slam someone. Disappoint/ 10.

The True God: 'Let there be LIGHT!!!

I said, LET THERE BE LIGHT!!!!

forget it...'

some god...

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Oh wait holy **** I just realized is Chikorita's name from what Annuga said earlier about it this thread?

Also, the Owl and the Rat cuddling together sounds pretty cute.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 2 Part 1.PNG
Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 2 Part 2.PNG

Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 2 Part 3.PNG

Garbodor's water might as well have been poisoned.
"Here is a wild Pikachu living in its natural habitat. These creatures, despite their appearance, are cold-blooded killers that do nothing else but sleep all day. They're essentially the incarnate form of sins."
EASL sure loves going out alone.

Where's my boy Magnezone?
Blaziken roasted him at the Cornucopia. Farfetch'd suffered the same fate.

AndreaAC

View attachment 106927
View attachment 106928
View attachment 106929
~Guile's Theme plays~

:| Seal of Approval cries himself to sleep...? sigh, I wish that weren't so true. :/

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Pokemanz Hunger Games Night 2 Part 1.PNG

Pokemanz Hunger Games Night 2 Part 2.PNG

Pokemanz Hunger Games Night 2 Part 3.PNG

Mamoswine wants to keep the satanic cash cow alive and suffer. He'll kill him when the moment's right.
Greninja suddenly went through a change in religious beliefs.
Popplio you little...! Don't mess with best mon ever again.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 3 Part 1.PNG

Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 3 Part 2.PNG

"Falcon bashes Best Pokémon's head in with a mace."
"Bash." "Head." "In." "With a mace." "Gengar out of all of them." "Who is a ****ing ghost."

What the hell.jpg

WOAH THOUGH. There's still some logic left in this world! Yeah Mamoswine! Rest in hell cash cow! As a special treat, Mamoswine even shows off everything wrong with Rowlet's typing.
Lucario, what is with you and fishing? Are you secretly a cat?

Jiggs is popular with the sponsors
That's what happens when you're a famous singer, I guess.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
View attachment 106942
View attachment 106943
"Falcon bashes Best Pokémon's head in with a mace."
"Bash." "Head." "In." "With a mace." "Gengar out of all of them." "Who is a ****ing ghost."

View attachment 106944

WOAH THOUGH. There's still some logic left in this world! Yeah Mamoswine! Rest in hell cash cow! As a special treat, Mamoswine even shows off everything wrong with Rowlet's typing.
Lucario, what is with you and fishing? Are you secretly a cat?

That's what happens when you're a famous singer, I guess.

Seems like it'd be the kind of thing Rowlett would do...Try and get in good with Pikachu

Didn't really help in the end though...

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Pokemanz Hunger Games Night 3 Part 1.PNG

Pokemanz Hunger Games Night 3 Part 2.PNG

Eevee you ****! Viv did the right thing and refused to kill either of them. Your sins have been cleared, Viv. Either way, I'm going to take it that all Eeveelutions are false prophets, since they sure hate gods.
Litten and Popplio both singing themselves to sleep? Maybe it's a song for their fallen comrade.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Good try but you'll have to try harder than that to make me watch that 3D anime :cool:
That's some beautiful hair tho
In that case, what about W? One of the main protagonist crossdresses almost all the time, the one time he didn't was when he was kidnapped by zombies. Coincidentally, W is the best starting point
Everyone is questioning how you kill a house

I question how a house becomes alive. Let alone fits on those little platforms.
The insane need to work together against the sane
Have you never seen Monster House?
Ash X Butter confirmed? Go Sam!
Ash is Paula Deen confirmed
View attachment 106924
View attachment 106925
View attachment 106926

>Rowlet
>Worst starter
Pick one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom