• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
lol Super fakemons popping up now.

They turned Litten into the most bland of the 3, Popplio turns into Pennywise and Rowlet turns into a Bleach OC.
you can tell this is fake because there reusing that fake grass starter who was supposed to be the base form

At a presentation which means 2 hours of waiting. Pretty much my only mobile game is going under maintenance. Square Enix plz
Seeing all this ice cream arguingm dare I say we have a food fight?
I've watched the movie so many times, why not 1 more?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I try to bring Mega Man into the discussion, and you guys start talking about Ice Cream instead. (and that was a joke question)

Why do i even bother.......

Last edited by a moderator:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

They turned Litten into the most bland of the 3, Popplio turns into Pennywise and Rowlet turns into a Bleach OC.
*sees Litten evo*

Oh that? We've know about that for a while. Here's an in-battle screenshot. :troll:

Anyway. . .yeah, they look awfully fake on a number of levels. Owl the Edge and Litten Within don't even look like Pokemon, and that last thing. . .I have higher expectations for Popplio than that. Yeah I'm not going to set the world's highest standards for a clown motif, but I expect way better of it than that. No matter how bashed Popplio is, it's still way too good for this.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Rowlett is know for it's strong kicks

Burrowing Owl's are known for their strong legs and living in underground burrows

Rowlett is theorized to become Grass/ Ground

Rowlett could very well be a burrowing Owl

D

Deleted member

Im in the mood for some Mega Man talk.

So i will make some questions. (that literally the only thing i do aside from posting Golden Sun comics)

1-Which game of the Classic Series is your favorite?

2-Who is your favorite Robot Master and why?

3-Out of all the Special Weapons in the series, which one is your favorite? (outside of the ridicously overpowered Metal Blade)

4-If you had to make your own Robot Master:
What would be his/her name?

What would be his/her Power?

What would be the weapon that you get after defeating him/her?

What kind of stage would he/she have? What kind of hazards and enemies said stage would have?

5-What am i fighing fooooooooooor?

6-What is your favorite Ice Cream flavor?
1. It's between 2, 3, 9, and Powered Up.

2. Shade Man from Mega Man 7 because he's an anthropomorphic vampire bat and that's cool.

3. Black Hole Bomb from Mega Man 9, and no, not just because it's part of Mega Man's Final Smash.

• Cat Man.
  • Pouncing and clawing.
  • Cat Claw, which would essentially be Slash Claw 2.0.
  • A house with robots resembling cat toys as enemies and poisonous kitty litter as a hazard.
5. This has nothing to do with the classic series.

6. Cookies and Cream.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Rowlett is know for it's strong kicks

Burrowing Owl's are known for their strong legs and living in underground burrows

Rowlett is theorized to become Grass/ Ground

Rowlett could very well be a burrowing Owl
I would think a burrowing owl is more likely to be Ground/Flying than anything.

But who knows, tbh.

Chrono.

Im in the mood for some Mega Man talk.

So i will make some questions. (that literally the only thing i do aside from posting Golden Sun comics)

1-Which game of the Classic Series is your favorite?

2-Who is your favorite Robot Master and why?

3-Out of all the Special Weapons in the series, which one is your favorite? (outside of the ridicously overpowered Metal Blade)

4-If you had to make your own Robot Master:
What would be his/her name?

What would be his/her Power?

What would be the weapon that you get after defeating him/her?

What kind of stage would he/she have? What kind of hazards and enemies said stage would have?

5-What am i fighing fooooooooooor?

6-What is your favorite Ice Cream flavor?
1. None, but I don't really like the Classic series much.

2. Either Turbo Man, Galaxy Man or Nitro Man

3. Tornado Hold, Tengu Blade and Mega Ball

4. Nah.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1. None, but I don't really like the Classic series much.

2. Either Turbo Man, Galaxy Man or Nitro Man

3. Tornado Hold, Tengu Blade and Mega Ball

4. Nah.
What? Turbo Man is a Robot Master?

D

Deleted member

Well, this has been better than what I expected so far
Screenshot_2016-05-16-15-29-39.png

Screenshot_2016-05-16-15-16-39.png
Screenshot_2016-05-16-15-17-09.png
So, are we still discussing ice cream and Mega Man?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are dismissing the theory the typings are connected to the starters, including serebii, under the argument

"Well, they could have something to do with pokemon that will be revealed lately"

I'm pretty sure that argument is a fallacy

Sure, IF it happens it could very well prove the types don't have anything to do with the starters and IF the same image of the typing are linked to them.

But that's a lot of "Maybe's" to dismiss speculation that has actual evidence

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I actually like the rowlet and poplio one. Li isn't terrible but needs mor.

Also there is a theory that the leaked owl is the middle form of Rowlet.

And @Fumi-Chan! Happy Birthday!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I know. That's why I don't think Rowlett is a burrowing owl, or that it will become ground type. A burrowing owl Pokemon would more likely be Ground/Flying all the way through. In my opinion, anyway.
Just like how a penguin became a Steel type and not an Ice type...

D

Deleted member

Why do people even think Rowlett is going to be a burrowing owl? Besides the Ground type placeholder in the site, there's nothing to support this theory
Besides, they mean nothing because there's no way to link them to the starters
And as I said before: a)No Starter has ever lost a typing; and b)They woulsn't reveal ther evos this soon

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do people even think Rowlett is going to be a burrowing owl? Besides the Ground type placeholder in the site, there's nothing to support this theory
And as I said before: a)No Starter has ever lost a typing; and b)They woulsn't reveal ther evos this soon
There is also the comment about his legs

Remember Smash rules for characters getting in? These pokemon rules sound like the same thing IMO

Example: Cloud can't get in because he was never on a Nintendo console

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There is also the comment about his legs

Remember Smash rules for characters getting in? These pokemon rules sound like the same thing IMO

Example: Cloud can't get in because he was never on a Nintendo console
The comment about his legs imply Fighting more than Ground though lol
It's also said that it sneaks upon its prey, loke a Dark type, so I doubt that description means anything

Apples to oranges

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The comment about his legs imply Fighting more than Ground though lol
It's also said that it sneaks upon its prey, loke a Dark type, so I doubt that description means anything

Apples to oranges
I'm using the legs comment to associate him with a burrowing owl more than saying it leans him toward being ground type.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Because it is highly unlikely for an owl to turn into a mole if it becomes a ground type...
If Rowlet becomes a ground type it makes the most sense for it to become a Burrowing Owl since this is a species of owl commonly known for living in the ground...

These typings were found alongside the starters' typings and only the starters' typings hence why there is speculation around them gaining these typings...

We've never had a lot of things in pokemon and yet they happen eventually...Rowlet is still a first stage pokemon so it could lose its flying typing later on as it evolves...we only have one other case of a starter having dual types on its first stage and Bulbasaur simply became a bigger version of itself with its bulb becoming a flower so there wasn't any reason for it to lose its poison type...whereas other dual typed starters we're second or final stage...and charizard is the only one to lose its secondary typing upon mega evolving...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yo-Kai Watch 2 for North America?

Well, I really loved my run on the first game so I can promise them a sale for the sequel. The version I'll pick I don't know.

But releasing it somewhat near Pokémon Sun & Moon sounds pretty disastrous.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I just thought of FNAF Amiibo functionality

You touch the amiibo to the controller, and the animatronic jump scares!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Pokémon & Yo-Kai Watch, I should really check on the progress of the English fan translation of "Keitai Denjū Telefang" (another monster collecting game I enjoy).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of Pokémon & Yo-Kai Watch, I should really check on the progress of the English fan translation of "Keitai Denjū Telefang" (another monster collecting game I enjoy).
Hey, isn't that the game pirates tried to release as pokemon games?

D

Deleted member

Because it is highly unlikely for an owl to turn into a mole if it becomes a ground type...
If Rowlet becomes a ground type it makes the most sense for it to become a Burrowing Owl since this is a species of owl commonly known for living in the ground...

These typings were found alongside the starters' typings and only the starters' typings hence why there is speculation around them gaining these typings...

We've never had a lot of things in pokemon and yet they happen eventually...Rowlet is still a first stage pokemon so it could lose its flying typing later on as it evolves...we only have one other case of a starter having dual types on its first stage and Bulbasaur simply became a bigger version of itself with its bulb becoming a flower so there wasn't any reason for it to lose its poison type...whereas other dual typed starters we're second or final stage...and charizard is the only one to lose its secondary typing upon mega evolving...
The Burrowing Owl theory relies on the types, which as I said, has nothing to connect the two
Also, Megas=/=evolutions
Ugh....
why did you dig up this trash? I know you like traps, but at least choose shows that are good...
Uh, what's so bad about it? I started watching it because of a friend but I found it pretty funny so far

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, someone at serebii just made the argument that there is no way that Rowlett would become ground type because that would mean Popplio would be x2 strong against Litten and x4 strong against Rowlett with ice attacks. A clear advantage over the others.

Y'see the problem with that? Rowlett is ALREADY x4 weak against ice attacks.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wait, I'm pranked?

How is that even possible? I haven't bought any Premium upgrades and the one someone gave me for free expired about a year ago.

I'm confused... :dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom