• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
New Mega Man Game Confirmed!
For mobile :(
But it's still kind of good.
New Monster Hunter to!
Speak of the bunyip, Capcom is actually doing something good with Mega Man again.

But I'm not surprised about no console game since they are playing things safe for now. This should have been obvious with all the milking of Monster Hunter and Resident Evil remasters.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Based on type match-ups alone, Water/Steel actually has less weaknesses than Grass/Ground and Fire/Fighting. And since Empoleon gets Ice Beam AND outspeeds Torterra, it can pretty much wipe out Torterra before it even has a chance to Earthquake Empoleon (assuming that the Yache Berry and Focus Sash don't get in the way).
But that isn't what I was talking about. If you only run STAB moves, Torterra has the advantage on both

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But that isn't what I was talking about. If you only run STAB moves, Torterra has the advantage on both
LOL, in gen 1 I primarily ran moves of the same typing as the pokemon, except for pokemon that didn't really get moves of their type

So, I had blastoise with hydro pump and surf

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Torterra does need to have defense EV investment if it's to be guaranteed to survive an Infernape Flare Blitz though, and even that becomes impossible if Infernape is holding a Life Orb, and Torterra is not using a defense boosting nature. And if Flare Blitz manages to burn Torterra, then it can't 1-hit KO Infernape with Earthquake without a lucky critical hit.

On the bright side though, at least Tortrerra relies less on items and luck to get the 1-hit KOs on Infernape and Empoleon with Earthquake.

D

Deleted member

People talking about starter viability as if anyone gives a crap about competitive
Torterra will probably OHKO your rival's Infernape and that's the only time you'll need to put him in front of a Fire type, if you're crazy enough to put him in front of one anyways

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I don't see how it's not a parody, almost everything is exaggerated and there's a lot of self-awareness
And yeah, he is really abusive but I'm not taking it seriously anyways
Sorry but parodying one show that, isn't even in the genre, doesn't make it a parody of the Yuri genre. Oh and incase your wondering what the show its actually parodying is called its Maria-sama ga Miteru.

Plus a parody would lampoon a lot of tropes from with in the genre. Something else to note, there aren't that many Yuri anime, so you can't really argue its a parody, when it really isn't lampooning any of the common tropes found in normal Yuri anime, one trope that a yuri parody anime could easily do, is completely mock the idea that the series must end with a tragic death, or one of the girls must actually not be gay to start with.

Sorry, but I see the way the room mate written as very serious, and I find it very uncomfortable, seeing as the world as long history of abusive problems to the LGBT community.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Strange. First a Yo-Kai Watch game on Fumi's birthday, now a Mega Man game right after we talk about it.
Hmm...that is strange...

Maybe this has become the "wishes come true" thread...

In that case...

I HOPE THE 25TH ANNIVERSARY SONIC GAME IS OPEN WORLD AND HUGE AND EXPANSIVE

I HOPE WE GET THAT S3&K REMAKE

WOULDN'T MIND PC PORTS OF UNLEASHED AND COLOURS EITHER

ALSO, WHEN'S THAT ROSALINA ACTION RPG NINTENDO? WITH A LUMA RAISING GAME TOO!

AND GIVE ME THAT SUPER MARIO ROSALINA AMIIBO ALREADY, AS WELL DK AND WARIO

AND I WOULDN'T MIND A ROSALINA FIGMA OR NENDOROID WHILE YOU'RE AT IT

ALSO I WISH SOMEONE WOULD GIVE ME A JOB ALREADY BECAUSE I WANT TO FEEL FINANCIALLY SECURE BY THE TIME SUMMER OF SONIC ROLLS AROUND

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"Aiming for 399 euros/ 399 dollars."

10k, if you're going to post fake leaks and rumours, at least not drop the ball when naming the price lmao
It's $339, but yeah I'm finding it fishy that two very different monetary systems have the exact same unit amount for the system too.

I'm actually expecting the system to be in the $300-$400 dollar range just because I'm not going to deliberately get my hopes up about something illogical just so I can throw a tantrum later, but I highly doubt they're going to charge the same price with both dollars and euros.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
LOL, in gen 1 I primarily ran moves of the same typing as the pokemon, except for pokemon that didn't really get moves of their type

So, I had blastoise with hydro pump and surf
Even today, I may give a Pokemon more than one attack of the same type, but now that only really happens if the two attacks have different categories (one is physical, while the other is special), or one of the attacks have certain properties that affect their power or accuracy.

For an example, I give a Kyogre Surf and Water Spout. Water Spout would be the superior attack until Kyogre's current HP drops below 60% its maximum value. Once Kyogre's HP drops below 60% its maximum value, then Surf would take over.

Similarly, I give Walrein Ice Beam and Blizzard, but Blizzard would only be used if Hail is in effect, and is not being suppressed by Cloud Nine, Air Lock, or another weather condition.

And then there's Entei with Sacred Fire and Overheat. Overheat would use Entei's decent special attack stat, and even though Overheat does weaken Entei's special attack stat, it will not affect Sacred Fire and Entei's other physical attacks.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Time to start wrapping this run up.
Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 5.PNG

WHAT THE HELL MAGIKARP?! THE GODS ARE BECOMING CORRUPT AND KILLING THEIR OWN FOLLOWERS!
Praise the man of no logic and the living trash for eliminating the overrated devil though.

Pokemanz Hunger Games Night 5 Part 1.PNG

Pokemanz Hunger Games Night 5 Part 2.PNG

Litten couldn't eat the corrupted fish in time. RIP.
And Jynx goes out with a big bang. And not with a man or a fellow woman either. :troll:

:094:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
didn't Nintendo say the NX was meant to be cheaper then current consoles?

How the Hell is $400.00 cheaper?
They might have meant cheaper than the current consoles when they launched.

To be honest, I don't mind paying €300-€400 myself, if the system launches with a few good games within the first 6 months.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry but parodying one show that, isn't even in the genre, doesn't make it a parody of the Yuri genre. Oh and incase your wondering what the show its actually parodying is called its Maria-sama ga Miteru.

Plus a parody would lampoon a lot of tropes from with in the genre. Something else to note, there aren't that many Yuri anime, so you can't really argue its a parody, when it really isn't lampooning any of the common tropes found in normal Yuri anime, one trope that a yuri parody anime could easily do, is completely mock the idea that the series must end with a tragic death, or one of the girls must actually not be gay to start with.

Sorry, but I see the way the room mate written as very serious, and I find it very uncomfortable, seeing as the world as long history of abusive problems to the LGBT community.
I didn't even know it was parodying a specific show, but anyways, it's still a parody, even if not of what I thought it was, it's not supposed to be taken seriously

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Messed around with the Hunger Games simulator in my spare time.

Got some, uh... interesting results.

little mac kills everyone.PNG

wtf vegeta.PNG

how nice.PNG

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Time to start wrapping this run up.
View attachment 107001
WHAT THE HELL MAGIKARP?! THE GODS ARE BECOMING CORRUPT AND KILLING THEIR OWN FOLLOWERS!
Praise the man of no logic and the living trash for eliminating the overrated devil though.

View attachment 107002
View attachment 107003
Litten couldn't eat the corrupted fish in time. RIP.
And Jynx goes out with a big bang. And not with a man or a fellow woman either. :troll:

There is a True God :troll:

But NOOOO NOT EASL!!!!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Oh, I just thought of a way the NX could go for the prices everyone seems to be expecting out of it for some reason.

"Hello. We would like to announce that we are selling the Nintendo NX for the price of $199.99. However, we have decided due to cost effectiveness that we will not be packaging any controllers in with the system. Instead, they will be sold separately, and you may purchase them for the affordable price of $149.99.

You're welcome, customers."

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, I just thought of a way the NX could go for the prices everyone seems to be expecting out of it for some reason.

"Hello. We would like to announce that we are selling the Nintendo NX for the price of $199.99. However, we have decided due to cost effectiveness that we will not be packaging any controllers in with the system. Instead, they will be sold separately, and you may purchase them for the affordable price of $149.99.

You're welcome, customers."
Also it's not backwards compatible and comes with no games. NX games cost $100 each

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They might have meant cheaper than the current consoles when they launched.

To be honest, I don't mind paying €300-€400 myself, if the system launches with a few good games within the first 6 months.
Even so, wasn't the PS4 400? Xbox one was 350 right?

I'd still buy it but that wouldn't make sense as being cheaper.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 6 Feast.PNG

Chikorita's archery practice paid off.
Fairies aren't just dragon killers, ya know. They also slaughter mascots.
The man with no logic gets free chicken.
Pokemanz Hunger Games Day 6.PNG

Garbodor's hunting down a water source to poison. Man, we know you want to win, but don't pollute. That ain't cool.
Spiritomb hacks into reality once more and builds a slingshot.
Pokemanz Hunger Games Night 6.PNG

That's what you get for trying to poison the waterhole, Garbodor.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Even so, wasn't the PS4 400? Xbox one was 350 right?

I'd still buy it but that wouldn't make sense as being cheaper.
*looks up*

X1 is $350 NOW, but it launched at $499 because Kinect was a pack-in.

PS4 is about accurate, though.

They'll probably go cheaper than exactly $400 in that case, just don't go expecting something like $199 to happen unless you think it's coming with some massive drawback.

It's hypothetically possible, it's just that it's not the most likely and expecting it only for the price to end up being higher is going to end with a tantrum party on the part of the fandom.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only possibility I can see for the NX launching at lower than the €300-€400 average for home console releases, is if the NX's big new innovation (or one of them), is utilising cloud processing.

IIRC, Nintendo claimed a patent for that or something recently, so it's possible they might be doing that.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The only possibility I can see for the NX launching at lower than the €300-€400 average for home console releases, is if the NX's big new innovation (or one of them), is utilising cloud processing.

IIRC, Nintendo claimed a patent for that or something recently, so it's possible they might be doing that.
You know, I've been wondering.

How exactly would/does cloud processing work, anyway? I know it has something to do with something or other being run on the internet, but can I get an explanation on the specifics?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I was talking in a Discord about shooters. We got on the subject of Doom because I mentioned that I really want to play the campaign for Doom 4.

Someone mentioned Brutal Doom.

****. No.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*looks up*

X1 is $350 NOW, but it launched at $499 because Kinect was a pack-in.

PS4 is about accurate, though.

They'll probably go cheaper than exactly $400 in that case, just don't go expecting something like $199 to happen unless you think it's coming with some massive drawback.

It's hypothetically possible, it's just that it's not the most likely and expecting it only for the price to end up being higher is going to end with a tantrum party on the part of the fandom.
Ah so I was almost fully accurate. So I could see 300, maybe 250, but I doubt that.

300 is good though, as it be 100 dollars cheaper then PS$ at launch, which was and still is deemed higher then X1, and way cheaper then X1, so that would be pretty good, especially for a new console.

Soul.

Wasn't there a rumor about the NX handheld getting a Tegra-based SoC. If it actually has that, then that would be amazing.

As long as the screen resolution is 540p or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom