• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The next phase has arrived! This issue is jam-packed with amazing feats of daring!

AllHeroes5.png
Black Widow stop. This is the second day in a row. Stop being Squirrel Girl.
Wonder Woman, Hawkeye, and Scarlet Witch meet their demise. Poor Scarlet Witch especially.
M-Day wasn't her fault. :(
Joker outran the Flash. Take that for what you will.
Alfred keeps missing Batman.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The next phase has arrived! This issue is jam-packed with amazing feats of daring!

View attachment 107062 Black Widow stop. This is the second day in a row. Stop being Squirrel Girl.
Wonder Woman, Hawkeye, and Scarlet Witch meet their demise. Poor Scarlet Witch especially.
I guess they're starting to get popular now. That's cool. I feel like I started something xD (even though it was still done way before me lol.)

Also, Happy Birthday @Fumi-Chan! Kinda funny how our Birthday's are only one day apart lol.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

View attachment 107062 Black Widow stop. This is the second day in a row. Stop being Squirrel Girl.
I prefer to think that Joker simply tricked him with a acid and than escape in the confusion. Make more sense.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Found that Sonic leak:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/337725671/sonic-25th-anniversary-leaks

Unsurprisingly, it's calling itself Sonic Adventure 3. The "leaked" stuff is being uploaded here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJWoRMEiOq5K4C-V3bC863A

Looks pretty fake to me based on this alone:

I know the video this screen is from is an "Alpha" footage for an intro but...SPAR?

Spar is an Irish supermarket/petrol station chain. Go there a lot myself, chicken fillet rolls are great. Why in the hell would that be used as a texture for something in a Sonic game, even if it's alpha?

I laughed at this bit on the level list, though, and a comment someone made after:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The next exciting issue has come out! What sorts of antics will our heroes and villains get into today?

AllHeroes6.png

AllHeroes7.png

Alfred finally gets Batman his supplies, lots of innocent bystanders today, Krypto apparently makes an appearance, Aquaman's a Fish-Kabob, and Joker is both out of character AND #TeamCap.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm watching Matt Patt play "Chica's Magic Rainbow"

It's pissing him off

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Found that Sonic leak:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/337725671/sonic-25th-anniversary-leaks

Unsurprisingly, it's calling itself Sonic Adventure 3. The "leaked" stuff is being uploaded here.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJWoRMEiOq5K4C-V3bC863A

Looks pretty fake to me based on this alone:

I know the video this screen is from is an "Alpha" footage for an intro but...SPAR?

Spar is an Irish supermarket/petrol station chain. Go there a lot myself, chicken fillet rolls are great. Why in the hell would that be used as a texture for something in a Sonic game, even if it's alpha?

I laughed at this bit on the level list, though, and a comment someone made after:

Yeah, I'm gonna call fake.

Another rumor also came up. I don't have the link to the 4Chan page, there was another Sonic rumor from someone claiming to be Wentos the Traveling Salesman, someone who leaked Sonic games in the past.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
According to this and some other tweets, the game is called "Sonic v Dr.Eggman."
I'm also calling fake on this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sonic v Dr Eggman

The epic battle we've always wanted to see...

We've waited so long

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Another rumor also came up. I don't have the link to the 4Chan page, there was another Sonic rumor from someone claiming to be Wentos the Traveling Salesman, someone who leaked Sonic games in the past.
According to this and some other tweets, the game is called "Sonic v Dr.Eggman."
Yeah I just found that, it was actually the one I was looking for because Donnie from TSSZ tweeted about it.

Calling fake, but the fact they mentioned that "the 25th Anniversary game will celebrate Eggman as much as Sonic" is actually something I want to see now that I think about it. Especially fitting considering the still somewhat recent passing of Chikao Ohtsuka (then again, that'd make it even more bittersweet).

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yeah I just found that, it was actually the one I was looking for because Donnie from TSSZ tweeted about it.

Calling fake, but the fact they mentioned that "the 25th Anniversary game will celebrate Eggman as much as Sonic" is actually something I want to see now that I think about it. Especially fitting considering the still somewhat recent passing of Chikao Ohtsuka (then again, that'd make it even more bittersweet).
I'd like to see that as well.

Now that I think about it, I would love to see Dr.Eggman get his own spin-off game.

Inb4 someone posts Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Death! Romance! In-Character moments! OUT of character moments!

AllHeroes8.png

Spidey sparing a life. Classic Spidey!
"Hey Black Widow...wanna know my...secret identity?"
And Joker's finally in character! He would use his Stockholm-induced lover and previous victim as bargaining chips...and then kill the one who refuses.
Doctor Strange getting taken out by Joker though? A bit less believable. Rest in peace, Doctor Strange.

Burruni

Smash Hero

View attachment 107069
And Joker's finally in character! He would use his Stockholm-induced lover and previous victim as bargaining chips...and then kill the one who refuses.
Doctor Strange getting taken out by Joker though? A bit less believable. Rest in peace, Doctor Strange.
Getting into bed with someone named Black Widow seems like a deathwish.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

View attachment 107069
I don't think Batman needed much convincing

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The ninth installment! Lots of watching, lots of missing attacks!

AllHeroes9.png

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So at this point, it's probably safe to assume the 25th anniversary game ISN'T gonna be in 2016. Them droughts man.

Has anyone seen the new image on Scottgames?
Scott, this does NOT count as FNAF not getting any more games.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Sonic v Dr.Eggman?
It better have the subtitle Dawn of Heroes, and have overly bloated cameos form Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Cream, Big, Rouge, Mario, Luigi, Metal Soni, Silver, Blaze, Marine, Batman, Superman, Chaos, Tikal, Spider-man, Captian America, Wolverine, Vector, Charmy, Espio, Shadow and Eggan Nega

Also we can't forget the part where Peach comes in a steals the show...

Did I stretch that joke out to far?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The celebratory tenth issue! Lots of personal character moments for both Marvel and DC's cast.

AllHeroes10.png

Green Lantern forgot to eat. Superman forgot how his heat vision worked. What could Nightwing be doing? Is this his plan? Spider-Man...loses his Spider-Sense?!?

Thor and Hulk get ready for Ragnarok, Cap and Widow relive The Winter Soldier, while the Bats get Killing Joke flashbacks.

But...it's followed up with...another DOUBLE-ISSUE!
AllHeroes11.png

Alfred hits his mark again! Lots of abandoned bases...what could they mean?!
Lots of sparring and sparing.
And Superman...forgets how to fly?!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IMO Sonic Adventure 3 is just a name to me at this point.

Sonic Adventure 2 was quite the departure from it's predecessor as it was. Had the same base concept, but got rid of a lot of what made Adventure good IMO.

Then Sonic '06 was a spiritual successor to the original Sonic Adventure, but it was a disaster.

Then Sonic Unleashed was originally called Sonic Adventure 3 internally, but they changed it because they felt it was pointless to call it that when it's only Sonic as the playable character.

Call it Sonic Adventure 3 if it actually is a real attempt at a successor to that formula, but simply going back to that base formula won't guarantee a good game to me. I don't like Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic '06 was a disaster.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Might honestly let you guys take another spin at Fury Road considering the resurgence in Hunger Games Simulator. Anyway, I'm planning to go on vacation for my birthday to the beach! What are you guys' summer plans?

Also SiIvagunner should definitely give those supposed Sonic Adventure 3 leaked songs his magic High Quality Touch.

For those who care, I am close to finishing my most ambitious High Quality Fanrip yet. The actual song is done, and I could just call it a day and upload it now, but I still want to make sure the tracks are balanced enough volume-wise so that the rip is as high quality as possible. I also ripped the 2012 version of Pumpkin Hill. Both videos should be uploaded by tomorrow.

Here's what the ambitious Fanrip is: It's an unused, full and uncut version of Waluigi Pinball from Mario Sports Mix, originally split in multiple files (The original filenames tipped me off that they were related to each other.) I had previously only ripped the used, shorter version, but now you have the chance of listening to the whole thing!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OKAY SO SOMETHING WENT WRONG WITH THIS ONE.

Our big Arena Event issue...and it messes up. I thought the Arena Survival description was describing the event. Apparently not. The...flavor text is a sign that character survived. Consider it a collector's misprint. I edited in a SURVIVES to those who survived.
AllHeroes12THANOS.png
And just like that, Thanos is apprehended by The Living Tribunal for his crimes against the multiverse...but the show must go on. He took out Superman in the only fitting way, but he also took out Batman, Batgirl, The Flash, and Ant-Man.

Will Nightwing avenge the Bat Family and take down Joker? How will the Avengers respond to Ant-Man's death? How does Widow feel about her role as a pawn? Find out next time!
AllHeroes12THANOS.png

Maybe

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I don't want a Sonic Adventure 3 so much as I just want the Chao Garden back.

I'd really just rather them use Classic Sonic in more Generations styled 2D games than another 3D game anyway.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The denouement of last time's incredibly depressing Thanos event, which cost the lives of many of our heroes, we go into a depressing night.

AllHeroes13.png

Black Widow's not having any of Harley's ****. Mistah J's not gonna be happy...so she thinks. Truth is? Joker couldn't care less.

But if Thor's fire failed to start...what fire did Joker see?!?

But then suddenly...ANOTHER DOUBLE-ISSUE!

AllHeroes14.png

No one goes to the Feast except Joker...who then met his (un?)timely death. Who summoned Deathstroke? Was this planned by our heroes?
The next phase...
AllHeroes15.png

Tragedy is afoot, though. It appears Alfred was never informed of Master Wayne's death at the hands of Thanos. Either that, or he's just deep in denial. :(

Also finally someone replied. :p

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
It's quite surprising that Urien is probably the only Semi Clone that appears in a Major Game first before the original (For obvious reasons).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The next few days were rather quiet, so I put them all together! It reads like one complete story arc...but eventually, one contestant grows tired of the stalemate!

AllHeroes21.png

Yes, that's right. Not only does Thor clearly get drunk and fall out of a tree to his death, but after a lot of group bonding, we see the Death of Captain America! Immediately, his fellow Avengers Black Widow and Hulk plot against the DC death-dealer. But what will come of their plot? But beware...next time, an old foe returns...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still disappointed the S'more Oreos aren't called S'moreos

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The celebratory tenth issue! Lots of personal character moments for both Marvel and DC's cast.

View attachment 107071
Green Lantern forgot to eat. Superman forgot how his heat vision worked. What could Nightwing be doing? Is this his plan? Spider-Man...loses his Spider-Sense?!?

Thor and Hulk get ready for Ragnarok, Cap and Widow relive The Winter Soldier, while the Bats get Killing Joke flashbacks.

But...it's followed up with...another DOUBLE-ISSUE!
View attachment 107072
Alfred hits his mark again! Lots of abandoned bases...what could they mean?!
Lots of sparring and sparing.
And Superman...forgets how to fly?!
xD Hahaha, the one with The Flash and Spiderman falling cracked me up!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And now finally, ladies and gentlemen, our pulse-pounding conclusion to our superhero thriller! Results are included as well. Let's see our winner after an old foe makes a surprise reappearance!

AllHeroes22THANOSRETURNS.png

And there we are folks! The winner, by means of TOTAL DEUS EX MACHINA, is...

THE HULK! Fitting that he won on a site dedicated to Smash. :p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And now finally, ladies and gentlemen, our pulse-pounding conclusion to our superhero thriller! Results are included as well. Let's see our winner after an old foe makes a surprise reappearance!

View attachment 107090

Ah...the final climactic battle between nightwing and the remaining avenger's and Thanos comes in and kills them

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
The next few days were rather quiet, so I put them all together! It reads like one complete story arc...but eventually, one contestant grows tired of the stalemate!

View attachment 107087
Yes, that's right. Not only does Thor clearly get drunk and fall out of a tree to his death, but after a lot of group bonding, we see the Death of Captain America! Immediately, his fellow Avengers Black Widow and Hulk plot against the DC death-dealer. But what will come of their plot? But beware...next time, an old foe returns...
=u= Ah, GODDAMNIT. Bye Thor Odinson.

View attachment 107090

No objections here. xD

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The next Sonic Game should be......

Sonic the Hedgehog 5. Yep. Just go all out and just say its continuing the classic series

Or Sonic & Knuckles 2; aka the sequel of my dreams

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yesterday I went to bed at 5 in the morning and woke up at 10 in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep

Edit: I guess that's actually today, but I count ANYTHING before I go to bed as "Yesterday"

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
The next Sonic Game should be......

Sonic the Hedgehog 5. Yep. Just go all out and just say its continuing the classic series

Or Sonic & Knuckles 2; aka the sequel of my dreams
If SEGA were to ever do a Sonic 5, I just hope they don't rely on the classic series too much. Sonic 4 (both episodes) left me with a bit of disappointment when they felt more like a "reimagining" of the first two games rather than their own thing.

:094:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If SEGA were to ever do a Sonic 5, I just hope they don't rely on the classic series too much. Sonic 4 (both episodes) left me with a bit of disappointment when they felt more like a "reimagining" of the first two games rather than their own thing.

:094:
They were too gimmicky, namely the overreliance on the Homing Attack. What they need to do is either find their own thing, or actually properly reuse the Classic engine. Not the Advance/Rush engines. They're not bad, but don't work as well as the ones in 1/2/3/Knuckles. Those were topnotch engines. I get they lose the original engines' coding, but when people can make faithful ports themselves, and Sega can't do so nearly as well, something is wrong. It's your own damn engine. Just reuse it already, properly. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom