• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
What about a classic Link mod? We could use the Hyrule Wariors costume as a basis.

What about Zack Fair? What about Pantless Marth? What about Armored Mewtwo? What about Classic Captain Falcon?
WHAT ABOUT MARIO WITH A BUCKET IN HIS HEAD?
Looks like Mario's head is in the bucket rather than the bucket being in his head. :awesome:

Select one object with the material in question, and then click on the "Select" menu at the bottom of the viewport and then go to the "Linked" sub menu (or press the Ctrl + L shortcut command from the viewport to go straight to the Linked menu), then select "Materials".
Alas, didn't work. It only selects objects that have the same material, and there are hundreds of different materials which share the same texture file.

I hope I can find a solution to this that doesn't involve tediously selecting each material in the outliner one by one that has the same texture file source. I've been searching for almost two years...

----

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So here's something neat: possible big MCU leak. Anonymous source, but hey, these don't come out often, and in the past an anonymous 4chan post leaked Age of Ultron's deleted scenes while the film was still in theaters, and nothing seems outlandish, sooooo maybe? At the very least it's an interesting read.

Light spoiler warning. It's mainly just one-sentence plot synopses, as well as casting information, plus future film/Netflix plans.
Mads Mikkelsen is playing Dr. Anthony Druid in DOCTOR STRANGE. He’s the main villain. Amy Landecker and Scott Adkins are playing his followers. Michael Stuhlbarg is playing a LHC scientist who assists Doctor Druid. Dormammu is referenced.

Kurt Russell is playing Stakar in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. He’s Star-Lord’s father and the main villain. Secondary villains include Tullk and Taserface. Ego, the Living Planet, will appear, and they’re scouting high-profile actors to voice him.

Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone and Christopher Lloyd have minor roles in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2.

The main villains of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING are Norman Osborn and the Vulture, with appearances by Spencer Smythe and Miles Warren.

Michael Keaton was approached to play Osborn, but declined because he didn’t want to commit to a multi-picture contract. Other actors are now being approached, including Jason Clarke and Dougray Scott.

Mark Rylance has been approached about playing the Vulture and Gary Oldman is in negotiations to play Smythe. Andrew McCarthy is in early talks to play Warren.

Peter won’t have a prominent love interest in the first movie, although he will have a crush on Liz Allan, who is being played by Laura Harrier. Flash Thompson will also appear, with Blake Jenner in talks to play him. Daniel Zovatto and Charlie Rowe are in talks to play Harry Osborn.

THOR: RAGNAROK will feature Cate Blanchett as Hela and Surtur will be unleashed in the third actor. Josh Brolin will have an appearance as Thanos that leads directly into AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.

Tessa Thompson is indeed playing Broomhilde, the warrior Valkyrie. She is Thor’s new romantic interest. It will be established Thor and Jane Foster’s relationship ended on amicable terms due to his responsibilities as the guardian of the Nine Realms preventing them from committing to a life together.

Villains of BLACK PANTHER are High Priest Achebe, Ulysses Klaue and M'Baku. Andy Serkis will reprise his role as Klaw. Martin Freeman is also reprising his role as Everett Ross.

Black Panther’s love interest will be Monica Lynne, reinvented as a political envoy employed by Ross. Other supporting characters are Shuri, T'Challa’s sister; N'Gassi, the royal adviser; Okoye, the leader of the Dora Milaje; Adenbi, Achebe’s loyal follower; and Jack Truman, Lynne’s handler.

Casting is still in early stages, but Marvel has already named Michael Jai White as one of the frontrunners for M'Baku, and had meetings with Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Nicole Beharie, Yaya DaCosta and Sharol Leal for the lead female roles, either Lynne or Shuri or both.

Carol Danvers will appear in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR before CAPTAIN MARVEL, and Emily Blunt is lined up to play her. Emily Carmichel in talks to direct.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 1 will be renamed. First draft has recently been delivered. Apparently set on Earth and centered on the assembly of the Infinity Gauntlet.

CAPTAIN MARVEL will feature the Kree as villains. Not much is set.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP will feature the return of Janet Van Dyne and Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne fighting an old enemy of Hank Pym’s past familiar with the Quantum Realm, but his identity hasn’t yet been determined.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 2 will be set in Space and feature the final battle against Thanos.

INHUMANS will most likely be scrapped.

Chris Evans is expected to renew his contract for more CAPTAIN AMERICA movies in Phase 4. Robert Downey Jr., however, is not. although there’s renewed interest in IRON MAN 4 lately.

Sequels for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, DOCTOR STRANGE, BLACK PANTHER and SPIDER-MAN already in discussions. They’re being optimistic, but more reserved with CAPTAIN MARVEL.

SECRET INVASION and SIEGE are popular storylines that are being considered as overarching storylines of Phase 4 and beyond.

There is a plan for the potential return of the Fantastic Four to the MCU. However, there are no contingencies for the X-Men, which are unlikely to ever return. There is interest in Namor, too.

There is interest in the Sentry, Spider-Woman, Hercules, Photon, Nova. the Young Avengers and the Thunderbolts for Phase 4 and beyond.

Blade, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider are being lined-up for Netflix shows.

BLACK WIDOW is actually of interest, but likely won’t happen in phase 3. Likewise, there’s been debate about a standalone WINTER SOLDIER movie.

There’s a running gag about producing a Supreme Squadron movie, but chances of it actually happening are virtually zero.
Yo Secret Invasion and Siege tho???

Also I'd love to see a Nova, Young Avengers and Thunderbolts movies at some point in the future, it'd be crazy.

Also, I really hope they introduce Miles, Sam and Kamala into the MCU at some point and have them star in a Young avengers movie. Seriously, they're probably my most favourite Avengers characters in ANAD Marvel right now.

D

Deleted member

You're forgetting about the song that we were damn well due for Midgar.
What about Mega Man? I know they wanted to focus on the Classic Series the most, but i feel they should at least gave us 1 or 2 tracks from the other series (X, Zero, Etc)

I could destroy the thread by posting millions of Songs from the X series alone (Zero's theme in X2, Spark Mandrill's Stage, Storm Owl in X4, the X vs Zero battle in X5) but the intro stage from X1 is the one that should have been in the game regardless if it had a remix or not.

As for the Zero series, there's only one choice for me. (im putting links because putting another video would probably slow down the page way too much)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh, speaking of that.

I went to try and make this, but unfortunately there is no easy way for me to get Dissidia Cloud voice clips. I could try but it would require a couple of hours work.

Would there be enough workable voice clips from Kingdom Hearts (or any other games I'm not thinking of), in your opinion?

Asking because you seem like a big fan of the character and your opinions are probably best on this matter.
First off, thanks for considering it again, appriciated.

Secondly... I mean they COULD work for grunts and such, but the thing with the Dissidia clips is that they literally match up to near direct translations for things like his victories, taunt, limit break charge, FS and stuff like that. I could always try and help you find em. We can take this to PMs if you'd like.

Burruni

Smash Hero
What about Mega Man? I know they wanted to focus on the Classic Series the most, but i feel they should at least gave us 1 or 2 tracks from the other series (X, Zero, Etc)

I could destroy the thread by posting millions of Songs from the X series alone (Zero's theme in X2, Spark Mandrill's Stage, Storm Owl in X4, the X vs Zero battle in X5) but the intro stage from X1 is the one that should have been in the game regardless if it had a remix or not.

As for the Zero series, there's only one choice for me. (im putting links because putting another video would probably slow down the page way too much)
Megaman got hella sweet compilations and remixes.
We got.
Untouched.
Generic Battle and Basic Boss themes

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This is really good! I'd love to see music like this in Sun and Moon!

D

Deleted member

CLASSIC Megaman got hella sweet compilations and remixes.
We got.
Untouched.
Generic Battle and Basic Boss themes
Yeah, i know how you feel about the amount of FF Music in Smash 4. I would like to see more of the FF series when it comes to its soundtrack (wheneter be more remixes or any remixes from that matter, songs from other games in the series like 4 and 6, or at the very least something like, i don't know, One Winged Angel pheraphs?)

I know it sucks that the Final Fantasy series is represented in such a barebones way in terms of music (i mean at least Street Fighter got both the original and remix versions for Ryu and Ken's themes respectively) but when it comes to any sub-series of the Mega Man series (aside from the Classic series) it has literally 0 tracks in the game.

Mega Man is not just classic Mega Man, yes i know, it's the most well known incarnation and the most important one without a dobut, but the X series is also well known and the X trilogy is really iconic for Super Nintendo fans (especially the 1st one, which is often considered as one of the most popular games on the system right alongside A Link to the Past, Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country) and in turn X1 is one of the most beloved games to have touched any sytem back in the 90's. So the fact that we don't have least the original Central Highway theme on the stage just rubs me the wrong way.

Yes we got trophies, yes we Mii costumes for X & Zero and yes we got Mega Man's Final Smash that is basically a love letter to the series as a whole, but the lack of any Post-Classic song just......baffles me.

All im asking for is at least ONE song from the X series, at the very minimum. Im OK if we don't have songs from Legends or Battle Network or whatever there is after, just give some music from the X series and im happy. Im not even asking for Remixed music, i find the X series soundtrack prefect as it is.

Then again, im really biased towards the X series, so that may play as a factor as to why im so upset about the lack of any music from the X series.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
First off, thanks for considering it again, appriciated.

Secondly... I mean they COULD work for grunts and such, but the thing with the Dissidia clips is that they literally match up to near direct translations for things like his victories, taunt, limit break charge, FS and stuff like that. I could always try and help you find em. We can take this to PMs if you'd like.
It's OK. I know where I can find them. Problem is they are all one sound file, so I would have to edit said file into a bunch of tiny clips to put into Smash, which might take a little while, as it includes cutscene voices that I need to sift through. It's do-able, I just really wanted to avoid it.

Though if you could PM me the English translations of Cloud's Smash dialogue, that would be helpful, so I know what ones to look for.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of which, which Pokemon fan games would you guys recommend? Id like to try some out.
Hacks:

Ruby Destiny Series(not associated with Ruby), Gaia, eet Version, Ash Gray, The Red Chapter, Vega, Sovereign of the Skies(Is in German though)

Fan Games:

Uranium, Reborn, Insurgence, Zeta and Omicorn, and Super pokemon Eevee

Please don't remind me of Uranium. I don't want to be reminded of how that tale got cut short. The theme is good though.

:094:
What do you mean?

The Game was revived and is being worked on as we speak. Electric Mudkip is contributing new tracks to the game for final release.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It got texture hacks a few months ago. Not sure how Smash 3DS hacking is doing in terms of progress though, but I would love it if there were more of them.

The only Smash 3DS hacking that I was ever able to do was to my equipment supply. I made legal equipment and implemented them onto each fighter. I then copied the customizations onto Smash Wii U.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looks like Mario's head is in the bucket rather than the bucket being in his head. :awesome:

Alas, didn't work. It only selects objects that have the same material, and there are hundreds of different materials which share the same texture file.

I hope I can find a solution to this that doesn't involve tediously selecting each material in the outliner one by one that has the same texture file source. I've been searching for almost two years...

----
I gave your blender artists post another read and I MIGHT just have a solution.

You say:

I have a model rip from a video game that is made of hundreds of materials -- much more than needed -- presumably because it is meant for a video game. It is made of hundreds of objects, each with one material, so I join all the objects together.
So you've joined every object together, right?

In that case, go into Edit Mode (has to be Edit Mode), and click on a face with the image texture in question. Press Shift + G to bring up the "Select Similar" menu, and select "Image". I've tested it, and it this selects every face on the same mesh/object that has the same image texture.

If you've already joined the world together into a single mesh, this should work for your purposes. If you need to re-texture stuff like this and want to re-join the mesh later, than you can do that.

Here's a visual example:

I've joined all of Destiny Islands from BBS into one mesh. I select a random face in Edit Mode with a wood texture on it.

I then Press Shift + G to bring up the "Select Similar" menu, and then click "Image". And this is what happens after that.

As you can see, it selected every face across the entire mesh that is using the same image texture.

You can then do whatever you need to from there.

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
That reminds me.

Did you guys know they're making Ice Age 5?
Ugh... It was the Space one, right?

When the hell are they gonna stop making those movies, anyway, When the next Ice Age comes in? Seriously...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still looking through the forum for when Greninja was confirmed

Greninja'd.jpg

I think I found THE FIRST usage of "Greninja'd", and it's before he was confirmed

Also, I find it ironic that the guy most adamant about how Greninja was fake because he's ugly absolutely loved Delphox, which I STILL think is one of the most ugly pokemon ever

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Every Rip Today on GilvaSunner has been for Earthbound/Mother

You smart monster Gilva!

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Gilva's rips are some of the best out there, though! Katamari on the Memes my personal favorite.

Really though, gotta love his stuff, even if it is just memes placed over a video game song.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yo Secret Invasion and Siege tho???

Also I'd love to see a Nova, Young Avengers and Thunderbolts movies at some point in the future, it'd be crazy.

Also, I really hope they introduce Miles, Sam and Kamala into the MCU at some point and have them star in a Young avengers movie. Seriously, they're probably my most favourite Avengers characters in ANAD Marvel right now.
You have no idea how much I'd love to see Kamala join the MCU, haha. I think with her especially, it's a matter of when not if, considering how successful she's been, especially for a brand new character. She's been around what, two years? She's already among the highest selling digital comics, haha. :p I can see her and Miles being established in Phase 4 or 5 after A) Peter Parker's been around long enough and B) Carol Danvers' been around long enough, considering their origins are tied to them. Sam depends entirely on whether or not they'd use him or Richard Rider, I think.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so i have a question in regards to pokemon sun and moon, though i feel like its a dumb question. they said that on may 10th they would reveal info on the games. did they mean may 10th in japan (since japan is ahead of us) or may 10th in the USA? help plz?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
so i have a question in regards to pokemon sun and moon, though i feel like its a dumb question. they said that on may 10th they would reveal info on the games. did they mean may 10th in japan (since japan is ahead of us) or may 10th in the USA? help plz?
10th in Japan.

In EST, it is 8am on Tuesday.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, looking through my Youtube statistics

The 3rd highest place in the world I get views from is "The Isle of Man"

I guess that's where men go when they go there own way

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Saw Civil War just now, pretty damn good film...definitely the best of the Captain America films...

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
From what's been said about things pre-release, Mordo's seemingly taking a back seat, since it's been confirmed the main villain is Mads' character. I think the movie's setting it up where Mordo starts as an ally but later turns, as apparently Mordo's a conglomerate of several characters from the comics in the movie version.
Wait, he's several Doctor Strange characters rolled into one?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So based on how things are going right now I would say the following things are likely in terms of "Direct" content.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Direct in May
Zelda E3 Direct in June
General Direct in June/July/August
NX Reveal Direct in September/October/November/December

Seems like their might be some lengthy gaps in between Directs though it's not going to be nearly as bad as the huge drought we had last year. Hopefully the General Direct they have will reveal some games that we don't know about this year and next year or even a game reveal at an E3 press conference like Codename STEAM had 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wait, he's several Doctor Strange characters rolled into one?
I believe it was stated a while ago, at least before the first trailer anyway. They didn't go into details, but Eijofor said he'd be complex and tiptoe the line a bit, while another source said Mordo's a composite character, so I'm left wondering who he's a composite of.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I gave your blender artists post another read and I MIGHT just have a solution.

You say:

So you've joined every object together, right?

In that case, go into Edit Mode (has to be Edit Mode), and click on a face with the image texture in question. Press Shift + G to bring up the "Select Similar" menu, and select "Image". I've tested it, and it this selects every face on the same mesh/object that has the same image texture.

If you've already joined the world together into a single mesh, this should work for your purposes. If you need to re-texture stuff like this and want to re-join the mesh later, than you can do that.

Here's a visual example:

I've joined all of Destiny Islands from BBS into one mesh. I select a random face in Edit Mode with a wood texture on it.

I then Press Shift + G to bring up the "Select Similar" menu, and then click "Image". And this is what happens after that.

As you can see, it selected every face across the entire mesh that is using the same image texture.

You can then do whatever you need to from there.
I addressed the shift+G thing in my first post. It didn't work for me.

What did you use to rip the model? I use JPCSP.
So I had a Destiny Islands model lying around and tried the same thing as you did. There's a wood texture material that selects a ton of faces like in your pic, but not all of the faces.

Try selecting the other textures like the ocean ones and see if you can get all the texture faces selected. I couldn't. I can show pics if you want.

----

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I believe it was stated a while ago, at least before the first trailer anyway. They didn't go into details, but Eijofor said he'd be complex and tiptoe the line a bit, while another source said Mordo's a composite character, so I'm left wondering who he's a composite of.
I haven't hered about that, interesting. Well nothing about that leak seems off, just wondering how a Blade and Ghost Rider Netflix show would work. The special effects on all the other ones are minimal, these two would probably need more focus on special effects.

Side note: Why is Cloak and Dagger a ABC show rather than a Netflix one?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ice Age is kind of my guilty-ish pleasure. The franchise has dropped in quality since the first film, but I watch them all the same.

:231:
That can also be applied to a lot of the Power Rangers series. Especially the post-Disney stuff. I mean, it's enjoyable to a degree, but they need to really get it together. The characterization isn't all that good, bar certain characters, or at the very least Dino Charge is making a far better attempt. Samurai was okay, with the villains being more interesting, and Antonio the only one with any decent personality of the Rangers. Megaforce was just... ugh. Robo Knight was the most interesting, and he didn't have natural emotions, meaning he's supposed to be rather bland(but he comes off as more emotional overall than the actual Red Ranger). Again, the villains are better. Dino Charge fixed this a bit, although maybe a Ranger or two are kind of boring. But the jokes are a bit better, they have more unique characters overall, and despite the serious lack of music during battles, it has a better story.

I'm just hoping Ninja Steel seriously does a way better job than the previous seasons. Dino Charge definitely got it back on track. One thing I will say is that despite the Saban era being popular, it did not have very good Rangers personality-wise for the most part. There's still some neat ones(Tommy especially), and In Space had a great cast. More or less, only 3 specific seasons had really good rangers and villains personality-wise. Even if narmy, In Space, Time Force, and Wild Force had a really good cast. Albeit, Cole's actor was mediocre, but the personality shown was felt overall as notable. Lost Galaxy had great villains, but boring as hell heroes. Kai especially was super bland. Like, freaking wow...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That can also be applied to a lot of the Power Rangers series. Especially the post-Disney stuff. I mean, it's enjoyable to a degree, but they need to really get it together. The characterization isn't all that good, bar certain characters, or at the very least Dino Charge is making a far better attempt. Samurai was okay, with the villains being more interesting, and Antonio the only one with any decent personality of the Rangers. Megaforce was just... ugh. Robo Knight was the most interesting, and he didn't have natural emotions, meaning he's supposed to be rather bland(but he comes off as more emotional overall than the actual Red Ranger). Again, the villains are better. Dino Charge fixed this a bit, although maybe a Ranger or two are kind of boring. But the jokes are a bit better, they have more unique characters overall, and despite the serious lack of music during battles, it has a better story.

I'm just hoping Ninja Steel seriously does a way better job than the previous seasons. Dino Charge definitely got it back on track. One thing I will say is that despite the Saban era being popular, it did not have very good Rangers personality-wise for the most part. There's still some neat ones(Tommy especially), and In Space had a great cast. More or less, only 3 specific seasons had really good rangers and villains personality-wise. Even if narmy, In Space, Time Force, and Wild Force had a really good cast. Albeit, Cole's actor was mediocre, but the personality shown was felt overall as notable. Lost Galaxy had great villains, but boring as hell heroes. Kai especially was super bland. Like, freaking wow...
What'd you think of RPM? It's my fav

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What'd you think of RPM? It's my fav
I was only speaking of the Saban PR seasons. RPM was amazing. Albeit, the theme song was meh, but the characters were great. Despite having far less ranger battles, as to focus on the actual characters and not the fights, I thought it did a great job.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Operation Overdrive is definitely the worst power ranger series though

People think Turbo was, and it is pretty up there. But Overdrive was lame.

But the Japanese footage for Turbo is just awesome. Carranger looks like it's pretty good.

Overdrive - Mystic Force - Turbo. My least favorite.

Although Mystic Force has one of the best looking megazords

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I haven't hered about that, interesting. Well nothing about that leak seems off, just wondering how a Blade and Ghost Rider Netflix show would work. The special effects on all the other ones are minimal, these two would probably need more focus on special effects.

Side note: Why is Cloak and Dagger a ABC show rather than a Netflix one?
Technically it's not even an ABC show, but a Freeform (new name for ABC Family) show. :p So really it's kind of uncharted territory. I admittedly don't know too much about Cloak and Dagger beyond the basic things, but they seem interesting enough to carry a show at least. Here's hoping it turns out well. There's speculation that if it's successful, Freeform might do The Runaways after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom