• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Everyone is doing music mods and I just want to know how to get them
someone redubbed lucina with laura baileys clips from saints row 3 (the player character from SR3) needless to say its uncensored swearing and it makes lucina amazing

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Can't speak about Brazil other than that BR Portuguese dubs are more common than EU Portuguese dubs (AFAIK), so I'll speak of my own experience.

I believe I may have said this multiple times, but here, most dubs are mostly done for shows (animated or not) aimed at young audiences. There are dubs of anime like Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Fairy Tail or Hayao Miyazaki's films, for example. Likewise, all of Disney's animated features are dubbed as well.

This goes for live-action films too: I remember watching the first Harry Potter film dubbed when I was a kid.

This is because the dubs are generally done under the mindset that the target audience still doesn't know how to read, or is still learning to do so and can't keep up with subs yet. In cinemas or DVD/Blu-ray releases, people are always given the option of sub and dub for features that get dubbed.

Actually, they even have a note in cinemas stating, with the exception of children movies, all films are shown in their original language with Portuguese subs. Anything foreign that isn't aimed specifically at the younger demographic very rarely gets a dub. Everyone is expected to handle subtitled content and general public opinion on the matter is subs > dubs due to preservation of the original language. Interviews with foreign people, foreign media of any kind... All of that is accompanied by subs.

I've seen in gaming websites people complaining about Japanese games being dubbed in English without the original Japanese audio followed by blaming Americans for imposing their culture on others'. Likewise, when some games get dubs in Portuguese, most people just say they'll play with the original audio (i.e. an American game in English).

Long story short, the overall mentality here is pretty much "dubs are for little kids who don't know yet how to read".

Despite all that, our dubs are actually quite well done. Sometimes, they even get well-known actors for major roles and a lot of people agree the dubs have good quality overall.
I see.

The mentality towards dubs here is thankfully different, will all major Hollywood films getting quality dubs - Deadpool had a amazing dub full of pop-culture references and the jokes (even the naught ones) very faithfully translated; and the Jungle Book having a Hindi song exclusive to it.

I guess the fact that English fluency is generally very low (some say only 5% of the population is conversationally fluent in English) here was a good thing. :p

Some animes like Doraemon are available only in Hindi, and their VAs have become celebrities themselves.

:231:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Mads Mikkelsen is playing Dr. Anthony Druid in DOCTOR STRANGE. He’s the main villain. Amy Landecker and Scott Adkins are playing his followers. Michael Stuhlbarg is playing a LHC scientist who assists Doctor Druid. Dormammu is referenced.
As long as Mikkelson doesn't die (or pull a Red Skull) that's good.

Kurt Russell is playing Stakar in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. He’s Star-Lord’s father and the main villain. Secondary villains include Tullk and Taserface. Ego, the Living Planet, will appear, and they’re scouting high-profile actors to voice him.

Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone and Christopher Lloyd have minor roles in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2.
Starhawk huh? Nice.

Also obligatory:

The main villains of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING are Norman Osborn and the Vulture, with appearances by Spencer Smythe and Miles Warren.

Michael Keaton was approached to play Osborn, but declined because he didn’t want to commit to a multi-picture contract. Other actors are now being approached, including Jason Clarke and Dougray Scott.

Mark Rylance has been approached about playing the Vulture and Gary Oldman is in negotiations to play Smythe. Andrew McCarthy is in early talks to play Warren.

Peter won’t have a prominent love interest in the first movie, although he will have a crush on Liz Allan, who is being played by Laura Harrier. Flash Thompson will also appear, with Blake Jenner in talks to play him. Daniel Zovatto and Charlie Rowe are in talks to play Harry Osborn.
Green Goblin is definitely one to be built up.
Spider-Slayers for a Spidey sequel possibly?
Liz means Molten Man might be a thing

THOR: RAGNAROK will feature Cate Blanchett as Hela and Surtur will be unleashed in the third actor. Josh Brolin will have an appearance as Thanos that leads directly into AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.

Tessa Thompson is indeed playing Broomhilde, the warrior Valkyrie. She is Thor’s new romantic interest. It will be established Thor and Jane Foster’s relationship ended on amicable terms due to his responsibilities as the guardian of the Nine Realms preventing them from committing to a life together.
Yeah I'm expecting Asgard to get trashed with Hela, Surtur and even Thanos joining in the fun.
Glad they're getting rid of the Jane Foster stuff because that was always the weakest aspect of the films.
Also Beta Ray Bill pls?

Villains of BLACK PANTHER are High Priest Achebe, Ulysses Klaue and M'Baku. Andy Serkis will reprise his role as Klaw. Martin Freeman is also reprising his role as Everett Ross.

Black Panther’s love interest will be Monica Lynne, reinvented as a political envoy employed by Ross. Other supporting characters are Shuri, T'Challa’s sister; N'Gassi, the royal adviser; Okoye, the leader of the Dora Milaje; Adenbi, Achebe’s loyal follower; and Jack Truman, Lynne’s handler.

Casting is still in early stages, but Marvel has already named Michael Jai White as one of the frontrunners for M'Baku, and had meetings with Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Nicole Beharie, Yaya DaCosta and Sharol Leal for the lead female roles, either Lynne or Shuri or both.
M'Baku will probably be like Kurse in Dark World as the muscle for the Achebe and Klaw then.

Carol Danvers will appear in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR before CAPTAIN MARVEL, and Emily Blunt is lined up to play her. Emily Carmichel in talks to direct.

CAPTAIN MARVEL will feature the Kree as villains. Not much is set.
Emily Blunt is the choice for Captain Marvel I've wanted since I saw Edge of Tomorrow.
Kree are pretty standard fair for her too.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP will feature the return of Janet Van Dyne and Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne fighting an old enemy of Hank Pym’s past familiar with the Quantum Realm, but his identity hasn’t yet been determined.
Sounds like Doctor Nemesis though having him team up with someone else would work better.

INHUMANS will most likely be scrapped.
That sucks but I suppose they are covering them with SHIELD so maybe tell that story through there and bring that in to the films at some point.

Sequels for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, DOCTOR STRANGE, BLACK PANTHER and SPIDER-MAN already in discussions. They’re being optimistic, but more reserved with CAPTAIN MARVEL.
Makes sense if they're making mentions of Dormammu, having Norman Osborn get some build up and the reception to Black Panther and Spidey in Civil War. Plus GOTG having plenty of buzz from the first one

There is a plan for the potential return of the Fantastic Four to the MCU. However, there are no contingencies for the X-Men, which are unlikely to ever return. There is interest in Namor, too.
Most people want the F4 back only because of what comes with them. Dr Doom, Silver Surfer, Galactus and the Skrulls.
Shame about X-Men but it's kinda expected with X-Men related stuff doing just fine on it's own as evidenced by Deadpool doing really well.
As for Namor:
IMPERIOUS REX!
And something about Black panther and Namor fighting each other.

There is interest in the Sentry, Spider-Woman, Hercules, Photon, Nova. the Young Avengers and the Thunderbolts for Phase 4 and beyond.
With Sentry they can do World War Hulk among other things so yes please.
Spider-Woman would be cool.
Hercules could help add a little more to the Thor films.
Makes sense for multiple Captain Marvels. Wonder if Mar-vell will show up as well.
Nova would be awesome. They've got some set up for it already too.

Blade, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider are being lined-up for Netflix shows.

BLACK WIDOW is actually of interest, but likely won’t happen in phase 3. Likewise, there’s been debate about a standalone WINTER SOLDIER movie.
She could definitely use more characterisation. So could Hawkeye really. have those two doing some spy stuff would be cool.
Having Bucky do his own thing would be cool, let him have some spotlight to himself.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So here's something neat: possible big MCU leak. Anonymous source, but hey, these don't come out often, and in the past an anonymous 4chan post leaked Age of Ultron's deleted scenes while the film was still in theaters, and nothing seems outlandish, sooooo maybe? At the very least it's an interesting read.

Light spoiler warning. It's mainly just one-sentence plot synopses, as well as casting information, plus future film/Netflix plans.
Mads Mikkelsen is playing Dr. Anthony Druid in DOCTOR STRANGE. He’s the main villain. Amy Landecker and Scott Adkins are playing his followers. Michael Stuhlbarg is playing a LHC scientist who assists Doctor Druid. Dormammu is referenced.

Kurt Russell is playing Stakar in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. He’s Star-Lord’s father and the main villain. Secondary villains include Tullk and Taserface. Ego, the Living Planet, will appear, and they’re scouting high-profile actors to voice him.

Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone and Christopher Lloyd have minor roles in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2.

The main villains of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING are Norman Osborn and the Vulture, with appearances by Spencer Smythe and Miles Warren.

Michael Keaton was approached to play Osborn, but declined because he didn’t want to commit to a multi-picture contract. Other actors are now being approached, including Jason Clarke and Dougray Scott.

Mark Rylance has been approached about playing the Vulture and Gary Oldman is in negotiations to play Smythe. Andrew McCarthy is in early talks to play Warren.

Peter won’t have a prominent love interest in the first movie, although he will have a crush on Liz Allan, who is being played by Laura Harrier. Flash Thompson will also appear, with Blake Jenner in talks to play him. Daniel Zovatto and Charlie Rowe are in talks to play Harry Osborn.

THOR: RAGNAROK will feature Cate Blanchett as Hela and Surtur will be unleashed in the third actor. Josh Brolin will have an appearance as Thanos that leads directly into AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.

Tessa Thompson is indeed playing Broomhilde, the warrior Valkyrie. She is Thor’s new romantic interest. It will be established Thor and Jane Foster’s relationship ended on amicable terms due to his responsibilities as the guardian of the Nine Realms preventing them from committing to a life together.

Villains of BLACK PANTHER are High Priest Achebe, Ulysses Klaue and M'Baku. Andy Serkis will reprise his role as Klaw. Martin Freeman is also reprising his role as Everett Ross.

Black Panther’s love interest will be Monica Lynne, reinvented as a political envoy employed by Ross. Other supporting characters are Shuri, T'Challa’s sister; N'Gassi, the royal adviser; Okoye, the leader of the Dora Milaje; Adenbi, Achebe’s loyal follower; and Jack Truman, Lynne’s handler.

Casting is still in early stages, but Marvel has already named Michael Jai White as one of the frontrunners for M'Baku, and had meetings with Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Nicole Beharie, Yaya DaCosta and Sharol Leal for the lead female roles, either Lynne or Shuri or both.

Carol Danvers will appear in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR before CAPTAIN MARVEL, and Emily Blunt is lined up to play her. Emily Carmichel in talks to direct.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 1 will be renamed. First draft has recently been delivered. Apparently set on Earth and centered on the assembly of the Infinity Gauntlet.

CAPTAIN MARVEL will feature the Kree as villains. Not much is set.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP will feature the return of Janet Van Dyne and Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne fighting an old enemy of Hank Pym’s past familiar with the Quantum Realm, but his identity hasn’t yet been determined.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 2 will be set in Space and feature the final battle against Thanos.

INHUMANS will most likely be scrapped.

Chris Evans is expected to renew his contract for more CAPTAIN AMERICA movies in Phase 4. Robert Downey Jr., however, is not. although there’s renewed interest in IRON MAN 4 lately.

Sequels for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, DOCTOR STRANGE, BLACK PANTHER and SPIDER-MAN already in discussions. They’re being optimistic, but more reserved with CAPTAIN MARVEL.

SECRET INVASION and SIEGE are popular storylines that are being considered as overarching storylines of Phase 4 and beyond.

There is a plan for the potential return of the Fantastic Four to the MCU. However, there are no contingencies for the X-Men, which are unlikely to ever return. There is interest in Namor, too.

There is interest in the Sentry, Spider-Woman, Hercules, Photon, Nova. the Young Avengers and the Thunderbolts for Phase 4 and beyond.

Blade, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider are being lined-up for Netflix shows.

BLACK WIDOW is actually of interest, but likely won’t happen in phase 3. Likewise, there’s been debate about a standalone WINTER SOLDIER movie.

There’s a running gag about producing a Supreme Squadron movie, but chances of it actually happening are virtually zero.
Wow there is a lot here. I won't go super in depth on this, until I see more of it, but I like the sounds of a lot of these! One thing I will say, is that I'm disappointed if inhumans really is scrapped, because I would like to see them pull it off. Hopefully it won't be though. A new fantastic four movie made by Marvel would be perfect as it would most likely be good. I'll watch this rumor!
I'll also watch for when you post these things, as I enjoy reading them. They are pretty neat and offer a lot of potential.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's pretty popular here, actually, and outsells the vanilla Coca Cola. Tastes like a sweetened and more "charged" version of Coca-Cola, closer to Pepsi's taste.

There is a Sikh guy that owns a store near me. It mostly has elaborate clothing but also has food. I buy it from time to time there. I like it

He also has a lot of erotic stuff...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
You know Hindi? :p

To be fair, with the way he spoke it, I didn't pick it up immediately. It was only after I read the name that it dawned on me. And besides, you'd never catch the joke if you didn't know Hindi.

My city (Brampton, Ontario) is like 50% Brown people and the campus that I go to has a lot of international students from India and Pakistan so i've heard a lot of Hindi/South Asian language in my time.

We even joke about the city being called Bramladesh sometimes lol.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some thunder started rumbling in the sky while I was cooking some dinner, and my dog literally jumped up on the window in fright.

IMAG0359.jpg

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I see.

The mentality towards dubs here is thankfully different, will all major Hollywood films getting quality dubs - Deadpool had a amazing dub full of pop-culture references and the jokes (even the naught ones) very faithfully translated; and the Jungle Book having a Hindi song exclusive to it.

I guess the fact that English fluency is generally very low (some say only 5% of the population is conversationally fluent in English) here was a good thing. :p

Some animes like Doraemon are available only in Hindi, and their VAs have become celebrities themselves.

Well, I suppose different places think differently.

As for Portuguese dubs, they've very well done, even though it's seen as a kids' thing. This is because they need to cater to the accompanying adults as well.

There isn't a particularly strong VA scene here, but dubs often get well-known actors or comedians for roles to the point they're advertised as being part of the cast and there are even interviews and news reports on those dubs' productions.

Yes, they're generally seen as a means for kids who haven't learned how to read to understand foreign works, but they're overall of very good quality, with humor and pop culture references being translated with the audiences in mind.

Similarly, subs often change the script a bit in order to have the meaning across, be it for expressions, humor and other similar terms. For example, in American movies or TV series, whenever someone mentions 911, it gets translated as 112 because 112 is the emergency number here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Whenever I look at those Smash Wii U hacks, it does make me wonder if attribute editing is possible too. I know that you could edit the fighter attributes in Brawl.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually, I'm surprised about no She-Hulk movie in that leak. I'd love to see her get a movie though
There's actually a reason for this. Disney bought Marvel after The Incredible Hulk was already in production, and while Marvel Studios has Hulk's (and related characters like She-Hulk's) film rights, Universal has the distribution rights. That's why The Incredible Hulk never got a sequel, and likely why no She-Hulk movie's planned. If they introduce her, it might be part of a bigger ensemble film than her own film.

Funny enough, Namor has the same issue. They supposedly have the film rights, but Universal has distribution rights. It's a weird situation.

Aaaaand ninja'd while typing. :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As for Portuguese dubs, they've very well done
I can confirm this isn't true in Brazil
They're usually bad, though still watchable
This also reminds me that they shoved a brazilian meme in the Civil War sub. It wasn't even in the right context

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Marvel Cant actually make a Hulk Movie( Unless a deal is made this year). Universal owns the rights currently. Although this says it isn't a problem, I find it to be a complicated scenario:
http://www.slashfilm.com/universal-hulk-rights/
There's actually a reason for this. Disney bought Marvel after The Incredible Hulk was already in production, and while Marvel Studios has Hulk's (and related characters like She-Hulk's) film rights, Universal has the distribution rights. That's why The Incredible Hulk never got a sequel, and likely why no She-Hulk movie's planned. If they introduce her, it might be part of a bigger ensemble film than her own film.

Funny enough, Namor has the same issue. They supposedly have the film rights, but Universal has distribution rights. It's a weird situation.

Aaaaand ninja'd while typing. :p
FFFFFFFFFFFF SAM WILSON! She-Hulk is one of the few female Marvel Heroes I remember liking. Dagger's getting a show, and Black Cat is an anti-Hero

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Whenever I look at those Smash Wii U hacks, it does make me wonder if attribute editing is possible too. I know that you could edit the fighter attributes in Brawl.
I'd love to see that, honestly.

Can you just imagine a little mac who can Side-B multiple times and still manage get back on the stage? Or perhaps a Donkey Kong who rather than a vertical recovery, his recovery sends him flying straight up? These are kinda ****ty examples, but Smash 4 modding seems fun. If only I knew how to do it, though...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd love to see that, honestly.

Can you just imagine a little mac who can Side-B multiple times and still manage get back on the stage? Or perhaps a Donkey Kong who rather than a vertical recovery, his recovery sends him flying straight up? These are kinda ****ty examples, but Smash 4 modding seems fun. If only I knew how to do it, though...
I was more thinking about speed attribute changes for certain fighters. For an idea on what I mean, here's a table that I composed the other day...

No. | Character | Walk Speed | Run Speed | Air Speed | Falling Speed
01 | Mario :4mario: | 1.1 | 1.6 | 1.15 | 1.5
02 | Luigi :4luigi: | 1.08 | 1.5 | 0.92 | 1.25
03 | Peach :4peach: | 0.86 | 1.45 | 1.19 | 1.15
04 | Bowser :4bowser: | 0.858 | 1.792 | 1 | 1.4
05 | Yoshi :4yoshi: | 1.15 | 1.86 | 1.28 | 1.28
06 | Rosalina :rosalina: | 1.09 | 1.65 | 1.25 | 1.2
07 | Bowser Jr. :4bowserjr: | 0.88 | 1.424 | 1.08 | 1.65
08 | Wario :4wario: | 0.847 | 1.5 | 1.21 | 1.61
09 | Donkey Kong :4dk: | 1.3 | 1.705 | 1.15 | 1.63
10 | Diddy Kong :4diddy: | 1.25 | 1.824 | 0.88 | 1.75
11 | Mr. Game & Watch :4gaw: | 1.125 | 1.55 | 1.15 | 1.24
12 | Little Mac :4littlemac: | 1.35 | 2.24 | 1 | 1.8
13 | Link :4link: | 1.188 | 1.4 | 0.88 | 1.6
14 | Zelda :4zelda: | 0.87 | 1.3 | 1.08 | 1.22
15 | Sheik :4sheik: | 1.4 | 2.02 | 0.88 | 1.75
16 | Ganondorf :4ganondorf: | 0.73 | 1.2 | 0.8 | 1.65
17 | Toon Link :4tlink: | 1.23 | 1.75 | 1.14 | 1.28
18 | Samus :4samus: | 1.062 | 1.51 | 1.03 | 1.25
19 | Zero Suit Samus :4zss: | 1.4 | 2.1 | 1.2 | 1.7
20 | Pit :4pit: | 1.2 | 1.663 | 0.9 | 1.48
21 | Palutena :4palutena: | 1.23 | 1.9 | 1.14 | 1.4
22 | Marth :4marth: | 1.5 | 1.785 | 1.02 | 1.58
23 | Ike :4myfriends: | 0.87 | 1.5 | 1.08 | 1.65
24 | Robin :4robinm: | 0.891 | 1.15 | 1 | 1.5
25 | Duck Hunt :4duckhunt: | 1.16 | 1.63 | 1.1 | 1.55
26 | Kirby :4kirby: | 0.93 | 1.57 | 1.04 | 1.23
27 | King Dedede :4dedede: | 0.98 | 1.36 | 0.7 | 1.95
28 | Meta Knight :4metaknight: | 1.19 | 1.9 | 0.8 | 1.56
29 | Fox :4fox: | 1.45 | 2.2 | 0.96 | 2.05
30 | Falco :4falco: | 1.28 | 1.92 | 0.93 | 1.8
31 | Pikachu :4pikachu: | 1.24 | 1.855 | 0.92 | 1.55
32 | Charizard :4charizard: | 1.21 | 2 | 1.09 | 1.4
33 | Lucario :4lucario: | 1.05 | 1.5 | 1.1 | 1.56
34 | Jigglypuff :4jigglypuff: | 0.7 | 1.1 | 1.35 | 0.95
35 | Greninja :4greninja: | 1.43 | 2.08 | 1.18 | 1.85
36 | R.O.B. :4rob: | 1.122 | 1.568 | 1.08 | 1.6
37 | Ness :4ness: | 0.875 | 1.465 | 0.96 | 1.31
38 | Captain Falcon :4falcon: | 0.94 | 2.32 | 1.18 | 1.85
39 | Villager :4villager: | 1.04 | 1.27 | 0.94 | 1.32
40 | Olimar :4olimar: | 0.9 | 1.47 | 0.82 | 1.3
41 | Wii Fit Trainer :4wiifit: | 1.166 | 1.7 | 0.97 | 1.3
42 | Shulk :4shulk: | 1.1 | 1.52 | 1.06 | 1.5
43 | Dr. Mario :4drmario: | 0.957 | 1.392 | 1.0005 | 1.5
44 | Dark Pit :4darkpit: | 1.2 | 1.663 | 0.9 | 1.48
45 | Lucina :4lucina: | 1.5 | 1.785 | 1.02 | 1.58
46 | PAC-MAN :4pacman: | 1.045 | 1.52 | 1.04 | 1.35
47 | Mega Man :4megaman: | 1.078 | 1.456 | 1.1 | 1.8
48 | Sonic :4sonic: | 1.4 | 3.5 | 1.15 | 1.45
49 | Mewtwo :4mewtwo: | 1.21 | 2.05 | 1.25 | 1.68
50 | Lucas :4lucas: | 0.82 | 1.5 | 1.05 | 1.37
51 | Roy :4feroy: | 1.15 | 1.95 | 1.24 | 1.8
52 | Ryu :4ryu: | 0.75 | 1.6 | 1.12 | 1.6
53a | Cloud (Normal) :4cloud: | 1.1 | 1.97 | 1.1 | 1.68
53b | Cloud (Limit Break) :4cloud: | 1.265 | 2.167 | 1.32 | 1.848
54 | Corrin :4corrin: | 1.2 | 1.5 | 1.15 | 1.65
55 | Bayonetta :4bayonetta: | 0.9 | 1.6 | 0.97 | 1.77
56 | Mii Brawler :4miibrawl: | 1.15 | 1.72 | 1.2 | 1.7
57 | Mii Swordfighter :4miisword: | 1.188 | 1.5 | 0.97 | 1.6
58 | Mii Gunner :4miigun: | 1.05 | 1.3 | 1.05 | 1.45

There's only so much that you can do with equipment bonus effects after all.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I really have nothing to add to the marvel comic convo, the modding convo, or the debate convo, so now for something completely off-topic that I may or may not get backlashed for:

Have any of you heard of this guy?: https://www.youtube.com/user/jdaster64piano/videos

He's got some amazing video game piano music on his channel. Most of it's Nintendo songs, and a lot of those are Mario, Pokemon, and Kirby songs, but I'll be damned if he doesn't do an amazing job at what he does. Here's a few examples of his stuff, tell me what you think:

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.

@MaskO' @AwesomeAussie27 and Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan I think you are the main 3 to be interested in it.

Persona 5 Updated Speculation listing.

Protagonist: Code Name Joker, we still don't have a ton to go off of. Speculation... namely is in Arsene itself. I think that it'll actually be a Wind-elemental persona. The main trailer we first saw in its unveil, which presumably is taken from the opening, contains it erupting in a sort of tornado... and the giant wings.

Ryuji: Code Name Skull, combat wise he's basically Thunder-elemental with heavy focus on physical (thank you small snippet from one of the trailers "leaking" some skills of Captain Kidd). With him... I can't decide if I fall with him following tradition of being the best bud of Magician or Emperor.

Anne: Code Name Panther, Carmen seems to be taking a page from Sakura Hikona, being Fire-Elemental with some supportive healing behind it. Given her design similarity to Catherine and the nature of Carmen in lore... I can't see her not being the Lovers arcana.

Morgana: Honestly, I see them taking a bit of the Yosuke/Koromaru role of heavily prioritized speed and being with some focus on the debuff spells. The element.. I'm not sure of. And... I'm just gonna guess Star arcana because they seem to be mirroring Teddie.

Yusuke: Code Name Inari (a fox god), we've... gotten very little about him. Very intelligent and "upper crust" type of kid I'd see tied to Fortune... maybe it's the painting factor making me think of Persona 3 again. Goemon itself... I actually think will be a very physically-focused persona with fire or wind as its main element (by nature of the pipe)

Futaba: Code Name Navi. Honestly, a LOT of her came in one bit of the trailer. She's confirmed Hermit, persona is Necronomicon, and most of all... we see the elements of the game. Physical split into "Melee" and "Range." Fire, Ice, Electric, and Wind which is traditional, alongside Light and Dark at the end. But... then we have two other elements. One appears to be the return of Nuclear. The other... I can't tell if it's one of the other SMT elements like Force or Gravity or something new because the purple rings just isn't striking me as an element I recall.

From here... it's gonna be a bit more of straw grasping and assignent.

Code Name Queen: The Black haired Bruiser Biker Babe. Noteworthy that one of the character refers to her as the Student Council President. Considering now seeing that her spectral bike has a face on the front... I'm conceding that it is likely her Persona in full. The true physical nightmare of a character we've seen before in the likes of Kanji, Aigis, and Shinjiro. Fittingly, I assume her arcana to be Chariot but it is noteworthy that the outfit she had in "day clothing" had a pin with B/J on it... Boaz and Jachin, the pillars of the traditional High Priestess card which is on the face of the normal HP arcana card and ordained the chest of the full moon shadow of that arcana.

Code Name Noir: "Pretty Lady" Musketeer. The character we know least of as her persona is never seen to any extent and has the least screentime. By nature of her ridiculous weaponry (halberd and grenade launcher) I am going to put her down as the glass cannon and likely will be the source of the Nuclear damage in the party. I'm going to guess Empress at this point because I don't have much to go on besides "Female" and "Knows French".

And... there's one other major thing to note about characters.

We're lacking any type of news whatsoever on our 4th male character.
And of course, the next big update for the game's news will be at E3.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I really have nothing to add to the marvel comic convo, the modding convo, or the debate convo, so now for something completely off-topic that I may or may not get backlashed for:

Have any of you heard of this guy?: https://www.youtube.com/user/jdaster64piano/videos

He's got some amazing video game piano music on his channel. Most of it's Nintendo songs, and a lot of those are Mario, Pokemon, and Kirby songs, but I'll be damned if he doesn't do an amazing job at what he does. Here's a few examples of his stuff, tell me what you think:
He's got an account on this site actually, but... I never knew that he did remixes. I should listen to these later.

:094:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just wanna say

You guys were talking about the naruto fandom yesterday and it just reminded me

During Pokemon X and Y speculation, I argued that Greninja was probably going to be water/ dark because of his ninja theme

While the majority seemed to think he'd be water/ fighting.

They mocked me, saying stuff like "Haven't you watched naruto? What do ninja's have to do with dark? They are more about fighting"

I tried to bring up ninja's hiding in the shadows, etc. But they were like "That is not the modern portrayal of ninjas"

...Naruto fans. Poisoning pokemon

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just wanna say

During Pokemon X and Y speculation, I argued that Greninja was probably going to be water/ dark because of his ninja theme

They mocked me, saying stuff like "Haven't you watched naruto? What do ninja's have to do with dark? They are more about fighting"

I tried to bring up ninja's hiding in the shadows, etc. But they were like "That is not the modern portrayal of ninjas"
Greninja got leaked with it's typing. Someone's either lying or meant speculation for final evolution

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Speaking of Marvel characters, it's interesting to note how iconic Rocket Raccoon has gotten when during 2011, many Marvel vs Capcom fans complained about him , believing him to be too obscure and unpopular to deserve being in UMvC3.

Sonic curbstomped Pokemon? Gee, I wonder if his great comics and TV shows has anything to do with it.

Now where the hell is our second, third and fourth Sonic rep Sakurai? :troll:
Fixed!:troll:

D

Deleted member

I just wanna say

...Naruto fans. Poisoning pokemon
Wait, we were talking about the Naruto fandom yesterday? No, wait, that's not the point of your post...
Well, I still remember when people speculated about them being Grass/Dark and Water/Fighting because the three would all be even in a type matchup

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
It might have been it's prevolution.

But, for a long time people thought Chesnaught would be grass/ dark

and Greninja was water/ fighting

I remember the types leaked WRONG
Greninja's mainly focused on special attack and speed, right?

I just can't imagine a ninja just walking slowly up to somebody and straight-up punching them in the face.

Now, shurikens, smoke bombs, and major stealth? That sounds more like a ninja. It sounds like Greninja.

Gah, pokemon typing's weird, sometimes...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Greninja got leaked with it's typing. Someone's either lying or meant speculation for final evolution

I found the original leaked image of Greninja and it's typing was NOT revealed with it

In the starter speculation forum on serebii, NO ONE had a clue about Greninja's typing when he was revealed.

Example of a post from serebii forums

"So I take it the Greninja is still not confirmed anything yet....ugh I really hate it's design. The only thing I like about it is his fighting stance. "

I'm currently looking through it to the exact posts I'm referring to

Edit:

Page 1019 of Starter Speculation/ Serebii forums

"I still believe this too. Looking at the secondary evolutions of the lines it's obvious that Frogadier, Braixen and Quilladin go Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic and Grass/Dark."

just the first example I could find.

This IS after Greninja's pic was revealed. But I believe Greninja's name was revealed before his image.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom