• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Today I learned Shrek Super Slam has a competitive scene. Huh.

I loved that game back in the day. Solid party-fighter. :p Gingy main for life.
Wait, there is a real comptetitive scene? I know there was one that was just a joke, but if there is a real one, that's awesome. It's true it was a great game.

Edit: There is even a tier list.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait, there is a real comptetitive scene? I know there was one that was just a joke, but if there is a real one, that's awesome. It's true it was a great game.

Edit: There is even a tier list.

It looks pretty cringe worthy to me

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've got my primary voting slip

I'm eventually probably going to end up voting trump if it comes down to trump vs hillary

BUT, in the primary I'm thinking about voting Sanders

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Saw Civil War a second time today!

Just the idea of someone considering voting for Trump makes me literally sick to my stomach...
I think the same thing about someone considering voting for Hillary

For me it isn't about voting for Trump, it's voting against Hillary

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, Pirate's Curse is interesting...first boss was easy as ****...

and how dare they threaten to cut my hair...my 'Monster Whipper'...

lol, some of the dialogue so far is pretty laughable...smh

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Well, Pirate's Curse is interesting...first boss was easy as ****...

and how dare they threaten to cut my hair...my 'Monster Whipper'...

lol, some of the dialogue so far is pretty laughable...smh
Just wait until you get to "Run Run Rottytops". It takes FOREVER to do. Like, seriously.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just the idea of someone considering voting for Trump makes me literally sick to my stomach...
Look.

I don't like Trump either, but this attitude only makes everything worse.

People are allowed to vote for who they want and deserve to do it without ridicule.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm in Canada so this doesn't matter to me as much as Americans, but if I don't like any of the candidates, or none of them give me a good enough reason to vote...I don't...

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Some Smash 4 texture hacks I have made/ worked over the past few days:

The lighter red/ pink Ryu was one that I helped a guy on discord with and the Zelda on is WIP, if you look closely enough :p
What I really thought was a missed opportunity when it comes to Ryu's alts is the fact there's no Ken colors. I mean, I thought it was obvious enough to do, but they never did it for some reason.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
What I really thought was a missed opportunity when it comes to Ryu's alts is the fact there's no Ken colors. I mean, I thought it was obvious enough to do, but they never did it for some reason.
Yeah I would've thought they done something similar to Little Mac where they had Ryu and his SF2 colors and then Ken with his SF2 colors :ohwell:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So Knuckles team is basically Team Chaotix + Team Dark And Knuckles. I assume Omega would join them too

#Team Knuckles all the way

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I think you all should realize,

#TeamBig now and forever. He shall help us find our missing frogs in the ponds of life.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think you all should realize,

#TeamBig now and forever. He shall help us find our missing frogs in the ponds of life.
Honestly I assume Big would be on Team Sonic, because he's got the rest of Team Rose on his side

I wonder who Jet and crew would join?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think the same thing about someone considering voting for Hillary

For me it isn't about voting for Trump, it's voting against Hillary
Likewise, I'm the opposite. I really don't like Hillary and am still hoping against all hope that Sanders pulls a miracle, but if it came down between her and Trump I'd pick Hillary in a heartbeat. I just don't want Trump anywhere near the oval office.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd like to get into politics, at least as far as knowledge goes, since I'm actually able to vote now.

But I'm super far behind on the backgrounds of the majority of the current candidates. For years, I didn't care quite enough to actively follow politics.... so where do I begin now?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd like to get into politics, at least as far as knowledge goes, since I'm actually able to vote now.

But I'm super far behind on the backgrounds of the majority of the current candidates. For years, I didn't care quite enough to actively follow politics.... so where do I begin now?
Just know they're all pretty terrible at this point.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's so weird listening to American politics because I have to keep shutting up the part of my brain that says "you know there's more than 2 parties right?"

Not to say it's perfect in the UL either. I remember a while back he Liberal Democrats (Left) got a lot of votes from people disillusioned with Labor (centre-left) but then the LD went and teamed up with the Conservatives (right). No prizes for guessing who's numbers came crashing down in the election after that.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Likewise, I'm the opposite. I really don't like Hillary and am still hoping against all hope that Sanders pulls a miracle, but if it came down between her and Trump I'd pick Hillary in a heartbeat. I just don't want Trump anywhere near the oval office.
Pretty much. I don't think I'm as sold on Sanders as much as everyone else my age due to the issues with his math in terms of his economic plan, but I'd prefer to see him over Clinton. Clinton I have the most confidence in doing a good job, I just don't like her as a person and I do agree that she isn't the most trustworthy (not that I give a **** about her emails).

Stopping Trump is my biggest concern this election cycle sadly. -_-

With the exception of Trump who keeps flip-flopping on his positions/policies/things he makes up as he goes along, you can find most candidates positions or history on certain issues through basic Google searches.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Something struck me like a hammer just now.

In Zootopia, do you remember that naked yoga teacher elephant? Do you remember what her name was?

Nangi. Nangi the elephant.

Nangi is the female Hindi word for 'naked'. I'm absolutely certain this was intentional.

Seriously, Disney? :joyful:

:231:

Last edited:

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

In Zootopia, do you remember that naked yoga teacher elephant? Do you remember what her nane was?

Nangi is the female Hindi word for 'naked'.

The more you know, you know? :p

even I didn't noticed

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

In Zootopia, do you remember that naked yoga teacher elephant? Do you remember what her name was?

Nangi is the female Hindi word for 'naked'. I'm absolutely certain this waa intentional.

Is it wrong to not notice any of those things in a Disney movie?

D

Deleted member

What happened that all of a sudden everyone is making Smash skin mods?
Like, did I miss anything regarding Smash modding?

Also, on the topic of politics, people should think more in who they vote instead of who they vote against
Voting on someone means that you agree with their views and ideals
So, yeah, I'd like for people to think before they say they'd vote for someone like Trump just because they don't want the other candidate to win
Things like "none of the above" exist for this reason

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Look.

I don't like Trump either, but this attitude only makes everything worse.

People are allowed to vote for who they want and deserve to do it without ridicule.
I'm not "ridiculing" anyone, I'm just saying the idea of someone voting for Trump makes me want to vomit.

I'm Canadian, so I have no vote in whether or not he's elected, but he's just as bad for the rest of the world as he is for the US. I firmly believe that he will cause a war with his big stupid mouth (well, if he doesn't end up being assassinated first).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I accidentally ran into @SegaNintendoUbisoft 's Twitter while browsing Twitter and decided to browse it.

I ran into a particular tweet with some pretty big news through this that I am surprised nobody is talking about. I've compiled the relevant info into this post.

Sonic the Hedgehog has surpassed Super Mario and Pokémon in total combined sales, meaning it is now the best selling video game series of all time.

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/library/pdf/printing_annual/2015/all_ar2015_e.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

NOTE: "Super Mario" consists only of the core Mario series, being stuff like the classic 2D platformers, the New Super Mario Bros games, and the 3D platformers like Super Mario 64. "Mario" is anything with the Mario name on it, and that still beats Sonic's total sales by quite a bit (mainly thanks to the phenomenal sales of Mario Kart), but this is still a really impressive feat and I never even expected Sonic to surpass Pokémon's sales in the modern era, let alone Super Mario.

In all cases, these sales include physical units, digital downloads, and even expansion packs.

Super Mario Bros. first released on the NES on September 13th, 1985.
Sonic the Hedgehog first released on June 23rd, 1991.

By the time the first Sonic the Hedgehog had released, Super Mario World was the latest Super Mario game released, being the 6th game in the franchise.

Pokémon's numbers are as of February 29th, 2016.

Super Mario's official total sales numbers are as of September 2015, however, the Wikipedia listing is also accounting for the confirmed 1.46 million units sold of Super Mario Maker as of December 2016.

Since December, Pokémon has only had Pokkén and VC ports.
Super Mario has only had a Super Mario World VC port on the New 3DS.
Sonic has only had Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (3DS) and SEGA 3D Classics Collection. Most of what Sonic released in 2015 was Free to Play titles, which do not factor into the sales number, nor do their microtransactions, meaning Sonic just had an almost completely blank year sales wise.

Mario & Sonic Olympics factor into "Mario" and Sonic the Hedgehog sales, but not "Super Mario" sales.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm not "ridiculing" anyone, I'm just saying the idea of someone voting for Trump makes me want to vomit.

I'm Canadian, so I have no vote in whether or not he's elected, but he's just as bad for the rest of the world as he is for the US. I firmly believe that he will cause a war with his big stupid mouth (well, if he doesn't end up being assassinated first).
I don't keep track of politics, but I can clearly say that Trump's arrogant demeanor is the last thing the US needs right now. And in a time where we need to pay huge attention towards climate change, the US needs to become more eco-friendly than it has been throughout the years.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
So I accidentally ran into @SegaNintendoUbisoft 's Twitter while browsing Twitter and decided to browse it.

I ran into a particular tweet with some pretty big news through this that I am surprised nobody is talking about. I've compiled the relevant info into this post.

Sonic the Hedgehog has surpassed Super Mario and Pokémon in total combined sales.

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/library/pdf/printing_annual/2015/all_ar2015_e.pdf

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

NOTE: "Super Mario" consists only of the core Mario series, being stuff like the classic 2D platformers, the New Super Mario Bros games, and the 3D platformers like Super Mario 64. "Mario" is anything with the Mario name on it, and that still beats Sonic's total sales by quite a bit (mainly thanks to the phenomenal sales of Mario Kart), but this is still a really impressive feat and I never even expected Sonic to surpass Pokémon's sales in the modern era, let alone Super Mario.

In all cases, these sales include physical units, digital downloads, and even expansion packs.

Super Mario Bros. first released on the NES on September 13th, 1985.
Sonic the Hedgehog first released on June 23rd, 1991.

By the time the first Sonic the Hedgehog had released, Super Mario World was the latest Super Mario game released, being the 6th game in the franchise.
Well, I mean... When you think about it, Sonic's ideas are honestly a LOT more creative than Mario's ideas... Mario's always, "Save the princess, save the princess save the princess" While Sonic's usually about stopping Dr. Eggman, but it's deviated, sometimes. Like with Iblis (too bad that game was horrible) and the Storybook games.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, I mean... When you think about it, Sonic's ideas are honestly a LOT more creative than Mario's ideas... Mario's always, "Save the princess, save the princess save the princess" While Sonic's usually about stopping Dr. Eggman, but it's deviated, sometimes. Like with Iblis (too bad that game was horrible) and the Storybook games.
That's...really besides the point.

The point is that Sonic is now officially the best selling video game series of all time. This is impressive considering the more mixed reception of the franchise. Nobody really expected it to trounce Pokémon, let alone Super Mario.

Looks like this article will need to change.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
On the topic anime dubs, and be mindful that this is someone who's watched dubbed anime before and played Japanese games in English (and loved the English dubs of Kid Icarus: Uprising and Xenoblade Chronicles), I do think there's a bit of a sense of entitlement when it comes to them at times.

I say this because, if I were to wait for a European Portuguese dub (my native language) for the many anime I've watched, I probably would've died twice before they'd happen.

Then again, nowadays I stick to watch some stuff it's currently airing, so I just watch episodes as they air in Japan (meaning, in Japanese). Well, that was before I started to play Hyrule Warriors. XD I haven't watched a single episode in a while. :p

On politics, I don't really care about them. About Trump, I'll say this: the man is unfit to be a representative of a country, let alone one of the most influential on a global scale. Even when not considering his ideas, I don't have a very good impression of his personality. The man fits into the "fat, dumb and overly patriotic American" stereotype in a not particularly good way.

Most people I've talked to outside of the Internet all have a negative image of Trump. It's not good in a globalized world that a country leader has a bad image outside of their country's borders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom