• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Eh, I mean, this is the same channel that put Godzilla(who has a ridiculous amount of feats.) against a monster from an obscure game.
And Shrek vs Sans, another one-sided fight that should never exist.

Or Sanic vs Sonic.EXE, because creepypasta characters are honestly weak against broken dank memes.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I remember when mysterious "guests" occasionally showed up in places where you usually are required to have an account. Or even when you need to have a premium or be a staff member for that matter. I suppose those where probably bots yes.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm doing a Runbow giveaway on twitter if anyone is interested.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Im pretty sure that whenever we get more NX news, we will have ****tons of guests AND users viewing the thread, regardless if we get the oh so rumored Smash NX or not.......

.......if we ever get NX news..........
We likely are...I highly doubt Nintendo would give us absolutely nothing regarding the NX or its launch lineup until it actually releases....

....right? >.>

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
So, I've decided to go on a huge playlist of games featuring characters people want in Smash. I got a hold of four games, and already beat one. In order of how I'm playing them:
  • Chibi-Robo (NGC)
  • Metroid Prime: Hunters (NDS)
  • Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (NGC)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (NGC)
Any reccomendations for games that I should put on the list?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
You got a weird perception

Edit: Trump, the loud boastful idiot that says "hateful" comments

Hilary, the lying manipulating ACTUALLY evil *****
Mine was only as how much of a threat they were but, if we take personality and competence, than yeah Trump is Hater and Hillary is Dominator.

It's just that I think that a racist, short-tempered man who don't really know anything about politics and lie 76% of the time is more dangerous for the US than Hillary (honestly I don't really know what she want to do or talk about but, while she doesn't look that great, she seems less dangerous than Trump).

Seriously, how bad is she?

Trump is lord hater and Hillary is the other. Specifically because of what he said, which is just like what I hear pretty often "Vote Trump or Hillary will win." :p
As I just said, personality wise it's totally Trump=Hater and Hillary=Dominator.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, I've decided to go on a huge playlist of games featuring characters people want in Smash. I got a hold of four games, and already beat one. In order of how I'm playing them:
  • Chibi-Robo (NGC)
Replace Hunters with a console Prime game

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
  • Chibi-Robo (NGC)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES), Kirby Return to Dreamland (Wii), Mario Tennis (N64), The Mysterious Murasame Castle (NES), Fire Emblem Path of Radiance (GCN), Rayman Origins (Wii), Sonic Generations (PS3), Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS), Golden Sun (GBA), Splatoon (Wii U), Xenoblade X (Wii U), Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker (Wii U), and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (PS2/3DS).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Trump? Hilary?

Mr. Lizard People of Minnesota for President. He's an official person that I can totally vote for, look it up.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
  • Chibi-Robo (NGC)
Any Donkey Kong Country game sans Returns (SNES/GBA)
Golden Sun and/or The Lost Age (GBA)
Any Rhythm Heaven game (NDS)
Splatoon (Wii U)
Metal Gear Solid 1, 3, 4, and 5 (PS1-4)
Rayman Origins (Wii U)
Kirby 64 (N64)
Advance Wars and or AW2: Black Hole Rising (GBA)
Any Metroid Prime game (GCN-Wii)
Starfox 64/Assault (64/GCN)
Starfox Adventures (GCN)
Crash Bandicoot 1-3 (PS1)
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (GBA)
Banjo Kazooie and/ or Tooie (N64)

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Any Donkey Kong Country game sans Returns (SNES/GBA)
Golden Sun and/or The Lost Age (GBA)
Any Rhythm Heaven game (NDS)
Splatoon (Wii U)
Metal Gear Solid 1, 3, 4, and 5 (PS1-4)
Rayman Origins (Wii U)
Advance Wars and or AW2: Black Hole Rising (GBA)
Any Metroid Prime game (GCN-Wii)
Starfox 64/Assault (64/GCN)
Starfox Adventures (GCN)
Crash Bandicoot 1-3 (PS1)
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire (GBA)
Banjo Kazooie and/ or Tooie (N64)
...Pardon my ignorance.
Why is MGS:2 excluded on that?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
...Pardon my ignorance.
Why is MGS:2 excluded on that?
I believe that's the MGS where it's Raiden that's playable and not Snake.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
  • Chibi-Robo (NGC)
Xenoblade Chronicles X

And might as well Xenoblade Chronicles

And
Twilight Princess
Majora's Mask
Prime Trilogy
Super Metroid
Zero Mission
Splatoon

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
I believe that's the MGS where it's Raiden that's playable and not Snake.
Snake's still playable in the game's Tanker chapter and even in Raiden's segment he still shows up.
Plus skipping an MGS game before 4 is just gonna make the game mind**** you even harder.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I made my research and yeah, Hillary wouldn't be really great. Since she's probably going to win over Sanders (sniff) and the republicains gave up to Trump, I wouldn't want to live in america. Sucks for you guys who live there. :ohwell:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I found an AMAZING online tool that I think a lot of people here would appreciate.

It's called Waifu2x.

The name may deceive you into thinking it's something really dumb, but it's actually an extremely impressive image resizer. Essentially, if you put an image through it, it COMPLETELY RE-RENDERS IT at either x1.6 or x2 of the original size. What this means is that you get an image that's larger than the one you put through the program, but because it re-renders it altogether, it comes out looking pristine and sharp, without any blurriness or noise.

Although it's primarily meant for 2D art like anime and manga, I've tested it on some 3D CGI images and what not too and it actually seems to work on those too. It does have size restrictions and such too but they're pretty generous and most art you would want to update would have low file sizes and such anyway.

Here's an example, using some old art of Link from Ocarina of Time. The top image is before putting it through the tool, the bottom is after it's been put through. Make sure you click "view full size" if it isn't coming up for you.

77353773-329d-4960-80ae-ce6f7bf2835d.png

This is great if you have a high resolution monitor and want to use some artwork as a wallpaper, but the size is too small and it comes out blurry or doesn't fill the screen, and is great if you want to use old artwork in a project and update it for presentation purposes. I HIGHLY recommend bookmarking this.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
True that. If your looking to complete the MGS trilogy your best suited off playing all the MGS games. Looking back there's some games I listed in my list like Golden Sun TLA that stars Felix as opposed to Isaac even though Isaac is playable towards the end of the game and Kirby 64 which I believe doesn't have Bandana Dee at all.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Tfw when people believe Kirby can bust solar systems because of Dark Nebula's "awakening".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I leave to watch civil war and the thread is filled with guests that disappear when I get back.....

Well then!

As for the movie:

It was amazing! Really well done!

The movie was extremely well done! From start to finish it had a great story and action. It’s weird that crossbones was advertised as the big villain in products such as lego sets. Yet he dies 10 minutes in lol. Zeemo was a neat idea for the main cause of everything. It’s interesting because the 4 avenger’s episodes on last night were all focused on him. I guess it was a hint of some kind. The setup for Black Panther was pretty good to. I liked how he was portrayed. Spiderman was also great! Aunt May being young was weird, but not bad. Tony bringing Spiderman in was done in a strange way though. Like what made him choose Spiderman? How’d he know about him? His identity? A little more explanation would be good, but I still like the conversation they had. Scott Lang was also hilarious, as was Spiderman. They way everyone came together was pretty good. All felt smooth enough, so I liked it. My favorite scene was definitely the airport fight. Scarlet witch also lived up to being one of the strongest. She saved everyone on Cap’s sides ***, and could probably have taken them all own like it was nothing. Giant Man was pretty cool in action as well. My favorite line was when Peter goes HOLY **** at the sight of him. It was perfect!

Moving on though. The rest of the film was very nice, and it was good to see everyone learn how futile their fighting was. Black Panther was also very good in the rest of the film. The last part of the movie was good. One thing I found pointless was the whole thing about their being multiple Winter soldiers, all stronger then Bucky. The setup made me think that there was going to be a big fight with all the heroes uniting against the soldiers. But that didn’t happen and they were all dead. I found it dumb to have them be brought up like that, if they didn’t matter. Zeemo turning Stark against Steve was a surprising twist, especially after he realized he was wrong, but then his quest for revenge consumed him. Bucky being the one who killed stark’s parents and getting his arm ripped off was surprising. That whole fight scene got intense to. The ending was pretty good, with Tony and Steve coming to a realization of their mistakes and I liked the note in the end. Steve then busting out the other heroes was good to.

The Stan Lee Cameo was funny as well. I’m curious to see where they will go from here. Doctor Strange should be good, and I imagine guardians will be the bigger pillar in setting up Infinity War. I also wonder based on the end credits scenes, if they will bring all the rescued here’s to Wakanda, where Bucky is being stored. As Black Panther says let them come when Captain tells how the government and Stark will show up if they find out he’s there. I can’t wait to find out how Black Panther will continue this story line when it releases. The ending credits scene for Spiderman was funny as well. I liked how he made reference to how he fought Giant Man and captain America as if they were school bullies. His fancy device on his arm looks interesting and I wonder how it will play into his and Stark’s relationship in Homecoming.
Overall this might be one of my favorite, if not, my favorite marvel movie. It was done quite well, and I enjoyed it! Definitely worth watching!

D

Deleted member

Well I leave to watch civil war and the thread is filled with guests that disappear when I get back.....

Well then!

As for the movie:

It was amazing! Really well done!

The movie was extremely well done! From start to finish it had a great story and action. It’s weird that crossbones was advertised as the big villain in products such as lego sets. Yet he dies 10 minutes in lol. Zeemo was a neat idea for the main cause of everything. It’s interesting because the 4 avenger’s episodes on last night were all focused on him. I guess it was a hint of some kind. The setup for Black Panther was pretty good to. I liked how he was portrayed. Spiderman was also great! Aunt May being young was weird, but not bad. Tony bringing Spiderman in was done in a strange way though. Like what made him choose Spiderman? How’d he know about him? His identity? A little more explanation would be good, but I still like the conversation they had. Scott Lang was also hilarious, as was Spiderman. They way everyone came together was pretty good. All felt smooth enough, so I liked it. My favorite scene was definitely the airport fight. Scarlet witch also lived up to being one of the strongest. She saved everyone on Cap’s sides ***, and could probably have taken them all own like it was nothing. Giant Man was pretty cool in action as well. My favorite line was when Peter goes HOLY **** at the sight of him. It was perfect!

Moving on though. The rest of the film was very nice, and it was good to see everyone learn how futile their fighting was. Black Panther was also very good in the rest of the film. The last part of the movie was good. One thing I found pointless was the whole thing about their being multiple Winter soldiers, all stronger then Bucky. The setup made me think that there was going to be a big fight with all the heroes uniting against the soldiers. But that didn’t happen and they were all dead. I found it dumb to have them be brought up like that, if they didn’t matter. Zeemo turning Stark against Steve was a surprising twist, especially after he realized he was wrong, but then his quest for revenge consumed him. Bucky being the one who killed stark’s parents and getting his arm ripped off was surprising. That whole fight scene got intense to. The ending was pretty good, with Tony and Steve coming to a realization of their mistakes and I liked the note in the end. Steve then busting out the other heroes was good to.

The Stan Lee Cameo was funny as well. I’m curious to see where they will go from here. Doctor Strange should be good, and I imagine guardians will be the bigger pillar in setting up Infinity War. I also wonder based on the end credits scenes, if they will bring all the rescued here’s to Wakanda, where Bucky is being stored. As Black Panther says let them come when Captain tells how the government and Stark will show up if they find out he’s there. I can’t wait to find out how Black Panther will continue this story line when it releases. The ending credits scene for Spiderman was funny as well. I liked how he made reference to how he fought Giant Man and captain America as if they were school bullies. His fancy device on his arm looks interesting and I wonder how it will play into his and Stark’s relationship in Homecoming.
Overall this might be one of my favorite, if not, my favorite marvel movie. It was done quite well, and I enjoyed it! Definitely worth watching!
The other winter soldiers were there to be a big enough threat to make them follow Zemo
The way it was done is more similar to a Bait-and-Switch Boss, the writers WANTED us to think they were going to be fought and used that expectation to surprise us more with the plot twist

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Found this old edit I recall someone asking me to make. Might be relevant right now.

zlCfzSJbaRIp0NpuD5.png

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I might go see Civil War tomorrow.

Also, woooooooo I'm officially graduated and stuff now. \o/

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Hey ya'll. Long time no see. Thought I'd pop in and let the peeps here know I'm making Smash WiiU mods now.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The other winter soldiers were there to be a big enough threat to make them follow Zemo
The way it was done is more similar to a Bait-and-Switch Boss, the writers WANTED us to think they were going to be fought and used that expectation to surprise us more with the plot twist
Hm, I guess so, that's fair enough. I feel like they didn't really need it though.
I might go see Civil War tomorrow.

Also, woooooooo I'm officially graduated and stuff now. \o/
Congrats!

Hey ya'll. Long time no see. Thought I'd pop in and let the peeps here know I'm making Smash WiiU mods now.

The legend returns! and with some awesome legend of Zelda skins!

What's up?

These are awesome! your brawl mods were great, so I can't wait to see what you do here!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hm, I guess so, that's fair enough. I feel like they didn't really need it though.

Congrats!

What's up?

These are awesome! your brawl mods were great, so I can't wait to see what you do here!
Going off of what Zoroarking said
Not only is there the bait and switch aspect, but from a character standpoint, what Zemo did makes perfect sense. He doesn't want there to be so many powered people. He's seen firsthand the destruction they can cause. Zemo's incredibly calculated, so everything he does is to advance his own agenda.

Honestly that's also what makes Zemo such a great villain. He won. He succeeded in tearing the Avengers apart. The only thing he failed at was his attempted suicide, ironically enough. The MCU's gotten a bit of a reputation for rather weak villains, barring guys like Loki, Grant Ward, Kingpin, and Kilgrave (the latter three being from the tv shows, allowing for more time for development). I'm glad Zemo didn't fall into that sort of "trap" at all.

Roger Smith mentions you last night and then you magically appear.

It begins! I wonder how long until one gets used in a fake leak like that mewtwo one.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Congrats!

What's up?

Roger Smith mentions you last night and then you magically appear.

It begins! I wonder how long until one gets used in a fake leak like that mewtwo one.
I'm starting off simple for now, until I get the hang of it (there's still a few issues I need to sort out before I can release these Tink textures), but you can believe I'll be jumping into vertex editing and seeing what I can really do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom