• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I almost forgot that I still have download codes from the Humble Nintendo bundle of games I already own.

Still need to decide how to give them away.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm working on a Niko Toon Link alt (Inspired from Hyrule Warriors Legends) myself, I'll show it once its done too.
Hopefully no one beats me to it.....

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Going off of what Zoroarking said
Not only is there the bait and switch aspect, but from a character standpoint, what Zemo did makes perfect sense. He doesn't want there to be so many powered people. He's seen firsthand the destruction they can cause. Zemo's incredibly calculated, so everything he does is to advance his own agenda.

Honestly that's also what makes Zemo such a great villain. He won. He succeeded in tearing the Avengers apart. The only thing he failed at was his attempted suicide, ironically enough. The MCU's gotten a bit of a reputation for rather weak villains, barring guys like Loki, Grant Ward, Kingpin, and Kilgrave (the latter three being from the tv shows, allowing for more time for development). I'm glad Zemo didn't fall into that sort of "trap" at all.

Fair enough. I understand the bait and switch thing, and it wasn't bad, but it made enough sense. He was definitely interesting as a villain. He setup everything quite well, and as I said, it will be neat to see what they do with the fractured relationships they have with the avengers now. I also am curious as to when we will see him again. He didn't have his full get up, so I wonder if that will happen in one of the later Marvel movies.
Roger Smith mentions you last night and then you magically appear.

It begins! I wonder how long until one gets used in a fake leak like that mewtwo one.
"Hello (insert forum name here), I come today with an exciting leak! Smash Bros is indeed getting ported to the NX. Here are some pictures of pallete swaps, and a new character, Shadow the Hedgehog. Don't mind the graphics, it's just in the concept phases right now, but it's totally legit! You will all see in due time!"

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I find it funny that Awakening suggests that Stahls Gimmick is being the last person to do things while his REAL gimmick, is being an average joe, and a Eager eater. Also for being a main character, I wish Chrom had more support conversations (Especially Donnel/Chrom considering Donnels prologue) even if his marriage is scripted.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I finally beaten Black 2 despite the Elite 4 giving me trouble.

I freaking love the PWT. Also I decided to do my take on a 30-man roster for Smash

Vets:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4dk::4wario::4yoshi::4falcon::4littlemac:
:4link::4zelda::4ganondorf::4samus::4pit::4fox::4shulk::4ness::4kirby:
:4marth::4pikachu::4charizard::4mewtwo::4villager::4wiifit::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:

Newcomers:
Inklings
Gen 7/8 Pokemon
Isabelle

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Yeah, so who wants some free 3DS/Wii U games from the Nintendo Humble bundle? Here are your choices (with memory sizes):
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (Wii U) - 301 MB
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (3DS) - 2,312 blocks
  • Freedom Planet (Wii U) - 326 MB
  • Retro City Rampage: DX (3DS) - 122 blocks
  • Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (3DS) - 13,489 blocks
I'm offering them all of them free of charge. But I've made some rules/notes:
  • To not make it look like I'm picking favorites, only one game per person.
  • I am doing a strict first come, first serve rule.
  • These are for North American 3DS/Wii U systems. Other regions can't take them.
  • Make sure you have enough free space (games sizes posted above) before you ask for them.
EDIT: ALL GONE! Congrats to those and enjoy!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Tfw when people believe Kirby can bust solar systems because of Dark Nebula's "awakening".

That's also my face when people think Naruto can defeat Goku. :troll:

But let's be real, this looks nowhere near actual solar system busting at all. If it was, how come Kirby or the crystal ground is not affected by the "blast". I think it's simple reality warping in Gamble Galaxy instead of real destruction.

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Yeah, so who wants some free 3DS/Wii U games from the Nintendo Humble bundle? Here are your choices (with memory sizes):
  • These are for North American 3DS/Wii U systems. Other regions can't take them.
  • Make sure you have enough free space (games sizes posted above) before you ask for them.
I'm kinda interested in Pirate's Curse actually, so I'll take that one (Wii U version).

:094:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
This is why I don't take the Naruto fandom serious in anyway. I remembered when everyone hyped up the possibility of him being a planet buster thanks to The Last: Naruto The Movie. While he can barely block an attack that sliced the artificial moon in half near the film's climax. Goku survived the worst and nearly endangered the universe with his fight against Beerus.

Can Naruto bust planets? Can he fly at speeds faster than light? Can he last long in a fight against a universal god? These questions would be answered in the most biased way by these fans.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
This is why I don't take the Naruto fandom serious in anyway. I remembered when everyone hyped up the possibility of him being a planet buster thanks to The Last: Naruto The Movie. While he can barely block an attack that sliced the artificial moon in half near the film's climax. Goku survived the worst and nearly endangered the universe with his fight against Beerus.
How about remembering when a sect of them sent death threats to the creator because Hinata was the final bride
People are nuts

_Sheik

Smash Lord
May I have Street Fighter IV 3D? Pretty please?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
How about remembering when a sect of them sent death threats to the creator because Hinata was the final bride
People are nuts
No one can forget that day. It was saltier than a track running field when the final ending got revealed.

Shipping wars can never reach that magnitude of crazy unless we involve Hetalia in this. I can tell you all plenty of horror stories I had when being a part of that fandom.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

But let's be real, this looks nowhere near actual solar system busting at all. If it was, how come Kirby or the crystal ground is not affected by the "blast". I think it's simple reality warping in Gamble Galaxy instead of real destruction.

People thought that was dark matter destroying a planet or something?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
People are nuts
You had no idea how many times I cringed when I've seen the internet backdraft on the ending.

"**** you Kishimoto, Sakura is better than that ugly ****!"

"This is the worst ending ever. What the hell happened with Orochimaru!"

"The kids look ugly as ****. It feels more like a fanfiction than a real ending."

Glad that my fellow One Piece fans can get that bad unless it involves long arcs like Dressrosa.

]Shipping wars can never reach that magnitude of crazy unless we involve Hetalia in this. I can tell you all plenty of horror stories I had when being a part of that fandom.

Believe me, I've seen enough of the fandom to realize how cringey or insane the fangirls can get (You don't even compare to the worst fans). The few male Hetalia fans are sane in comparison to them. They take shipping too damn serious or hate on female characters for getting in the way of there ships. That's why I've strayed away from the fanfiction or Hetalia communities easily.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
People thought that was dark matter destroying a planet or something?
Not just a planet, but a solar system just because of the change of background.

It's pretty dubious at best and couldn't be anything more destructive than a supernova.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If its still available I guess I'll take Shantae for the 3DS...

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Wario Bros. Wario Bros.

So I just noticed this:

And I'm not judging or anything, I liked that game too, but is there a competitive scene for that game? I mean, if there's one for Shrek Super Slam, there's gotta be one for this, right...?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wario Bros. Wario Bros.

So I just noticed this:

And I'm not judging or anything, I liked that game too, but is there a competitive scene for that game? I mean, if there's one for Shrek Super Slam, there's gotta be one for this, right...?
I haven't played that competitively because I couldn't even convince them to play it casually either.

But there use to be a competitive thread on SmashBoards but I think it died due to lack of interest.

I still enjoy that game though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I started Durarara!! today.

It has an Irish character in it, but as expected, she just has an American accent.

That makes me sad.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wario Bros. Wario Bros.

So I just noticed this:

Today I learned Shrek Super Slam has a competitive scene. Huh.

I loved that game back in the day. Solid party-fighter. :p Gingy main for life.

What matters is not the duration but what it stops.
As a Braum main in League I can confirm this from the amount of Jinx Rockets I've had to block
Well it DOES keep people off the point absurdly well. . .

>Being a support main
My kind of people.
I mean I was a jungle main 1st and a support main 2nd but still!

Jungle second.
Sejy was my fave for jungle.
This was my main from season 2 on.
Him getting buffed out the wazoo in season 3 was amazing. he was already a sleeper top tier back then if memory serves but I was ok with him becoming mainstream because it meant buffs and people knew how to react to ult. He was also the reason I started playing the game in the first place.

Vi was a nearly instant love (after her first super nerf because I hated how OP she initially was).

For support I played a **** ton of Janna and Leona. I also played Taric like 2 weeks before the pros realized how completely broken and stupid his moveset was.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This... This didn't happen to come from the Sonic Twitter, did it...? Feels very much like something they'd post.
Nah.

It's just an SFM thing by a fan.

The Sonic Twitter made a similar joke yesterday but these videos came first.

Burruni

Smash Hero
This was my main from season 2 on.
Him getting buffed out the wazoo in season 3 was amazing. he was already a sleeper top tier back then if memory serves but I was ok with him becoming mainstream because it meant buffs and people knew how to react to ult. He was also the reason I started playing the game in the first place.

Vi was a nearly instant love (after her first super nerf because I hated how OP she initially was).

For support I played a **** ton of Janna and Leona. I also played Taric like 2 weeks before the pros realized how completely broken and stupid his moveset was.
Leona was my other big support.
I have a thing for big shields in bottom lane.
I had to stop because I had too much greed with my E engages.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
XYZ Descriptions said:
XY&Z028: The Winding Woods... The Dawn of Evolution! (May 26th)
>Serena and the others are worried about Ash after he disappeared into the forest at night and still didn't return by morning, so they all decide to go look for him. But as Ash is lost in the forest, that other Pokémon that disappeared as well appears before him. What is the answer Ash found in the forest?

XY&Z029: Ash Greninja VS Mega Abomasnow! The Giant Water Shuriken Triggers!! (Jun 2nd)
>After interacting with the Pokémon in the forest, Ash has matured a bit further. No longer lost on what to do, Ash once again issues a battle. Ash summons up everything he has gained so far on his journey: The knowledge, the experience and the memories made with the Pokémon. But the ultimate opponent appears before him: Mega Abomasnow.

XY&Z030: Find Carbink! Goodra and Dedenne!! (Jun 9th)
>On their way to Lumiose City, Ash and his friends decide to stop by the wetlands where Goodra lives. Ash and the others are delighted at seeing Goodra again, but then trouble suddenly arrives! Incredibly, a single Carbink appears to be going on a rampage in the wetlands. Ash and his friends attempt to stop the Carbink together with Goodra and the wetland Pokémon, but then Team Rocket show up.
So the XYZ anime sounds pretty good!

Ash loses to Wulfric and he has a Mega Abomansnow. So the fight should be pretty interesting, especially since it seems we could learn more about Ash Greninja.

And it looks like Goodra is indeed coming back! Which means Ash's team is going to be pretty powerful, so I wonder how the league will go from here.

And speaking of XYZ, I just watched the one where Sylveon evolves. IT was actually a pretty good episode. They definitely played around with shipping, and romance but it wasn't done badly, and the actual plot worked well.

I hope they continue to change and adapt the anime to be better as it goes on.

EDIT: The episodes sound quite serious. Which is a different direction then usual.... But I think it will be good.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Japan is definitely way ahead, which isn't all that surprising. Too bad that this news can end up spoiling those who watch the English dub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom