• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd love to see a cel-shaded Sonic game. I was playing Generations with a cel-shading mod, along with other enhancements, and it looks gorgeous.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Also, I adamantly fought for Greninja being real, apparently.

Like, aggressively

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't really see what there is to discuss though.

Fans can think what they want, but Nintendo recognises "Mario" and "Super Mario" as two separate brands, again because they legitimately have generational installments in both.

"Mario" is split up between Kart, Party, Tennis, etc, because they literally have "Mario" in the name and not "Super Mario", and each one gets generational installments. They're big enough to be their own franchises and they are intended appeal to a different demographic. As far as I know, Nintendo themselves never combine the numbers of "Mario" and "Super Mario" (my data for "Super Mario franchise" sales comes from Nintendo's own website).

Sonic, by contrast, doesn't have generational installments or anything like that in specific spin-off series', most spin-offs are a once off thing, maybe two games if the first does well (like with All-Star Racing). Most of Sonic's games tend to also be core series games, and even when they have a different genre, they sometimes are still part of Sonic's more defined canon (like Sonic Battle). And the naming is always simply "Sonic *insert name here*". SEGA don't have a derivative "Modern Sonic" and "Classic Sonic" brand, or anything of the sort to call for sales to be split up. Part of this is because Mario spin-offs are aimed at non-Mario fans, while Sonic spin-offs are aimed at actual Sonic fans and happen only every so often.

All I'm going by is official data.

This also has less to do with being a fan of this franchise or the other, and more with this being a pretty big moment in gaming history. It's amazing for ANY franchise to surpass Super Mario and Pokémon.
I don't see what there is to discuss either, as I've already said official data can be read in different ways.

I agreed it was impressive Sonic beat out Pokemon. Sonic beat out Super Mario, but it didn't beat out Mario as a whole. Whether that matters or not in any sense is up to Mario/Sonics fans to argue about over Wikipedia editing battles.

I really wish people would stop assuming I post facts only to circlejerk or something. I'm a gaming enthusiast and aspiring developer, first and foremost.
Then you need to stop acting like you're circling jerking when people are trying to agree/disagree with you. If you want to take this any further or think I'm spreading more "misinformation" then you can send me a PM. ;)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Greninja got leaked with it's typing. Someone's either lying or meant speculation for final evolution

I found the original leaked image of Greninja and it's typing was NOT revealed with it

In the starter speculation forum on serebii, NO ONE had a clue about Greninja's typing when he was revealed.

Example of a post from serebii forums

"So I take it the Greninja is still not confirmed anything yet....ugh I really hate it's design. The only thing I like about it is his fighting stance. "

I'm currently looking through it to the exact posts I'm referring to

Edit:

Page 1019 of Starter Speculation/ Serebii forums

"I still believe this too. Looking at the secondary evolutions of the lines it's obvious that Frogadier, Braixen and Quilladin go Water/Fighting, Fire/Psychic and Grass/Dark."

just the first example I could find.

This IS after Greninja's pic was revealed. But I believe Greninja's name was revealed before his image.
Annuga is actually right. The pokebeach rumors had the typings and many other things leaked.

Many didn't believe it until they saw it's info slowly come true. As always though there were many who still thought it was just lucky guessing.

I believed it once the info came true though.

I don't understand how people thought he'd be fighting orwhy chestnaught would be dark.

I saw most speculating ground or fighting for chestnaught.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Annuga is actually right. The pokebeach rumors had the typings and many other things leaked.

Many didn't believe it until they saw it's info slowly come true. As always though there were many who still thought it was just lucky guessing.

I believed it once the info came true though.

I don't understand how people thought he'd be fighting orwhy chestnaught would be dark.

I saw most speculating ground or fighting for chestnaught.
I do think your right, if I remember

But a lot of people said something like "It's mistranslated"

Maybe denial?

There were enough people that refused to believe it though, and I guess others that never looked enough into it

Others wanted visual proof, which the picture didn't provide

Edit: And this is just my experience on Serebii.net forums. For all I know other forums might have been more ...reasonable.

Edit2 : Looking through the pages, it's PAGE AFTER PAGE of "Greninja is a fighting type/ IS Greninja a fighting type/ Can a fighting type have extrasensory?"

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So here's something neat: possible big MCU leak. Anonymous source, but hey, these don't come out often, and in the past an anonymous 4chan post leaked Age of Ultron's deleted scenes while the film was still in theaters, and nothing seems outlandish, sooooo maybe? At the very least it's an interesting read.

Light spoiler warning. It's mainly just one-sentence plot synopses, as well as casting information, plus future film/Netflix plans.
Mads Mikkelsen is playing Dr. Anthony Druid in DOCTOR STRANGE. He’s the main villain. Amy Landecker and Scott Adkins are playing his followers. Michael Stuhlbarg is playing a LHC scientist who assists Doctor Druid. Dormammu is referenced.

Kurt Russell is playing Stakar in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. He’s Star-Lord’s father and the main villain. Secondary villains include Tullk and Taserface. Ego, the Living Planet, will appear, and they’re scouting high-profile actors to voice him.

Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone and Christopher Lloyd have minor roles in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2.

The main villains of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING are Norman Osborn and the Vulture, with appearances by Spencer Smythe and Miles Warren.

Michael Keaton was approached to play Osborn, but declined because he didn’t want to commit to a multi-picture contract. Other actors are now being approached, including Jason Clarke and Dougray Scott.

Mark Rylance has been approached about playing the Vulture and Gary Oldman is in negotiations to play Smythe. Andrew McCarthy is in early talks to play Warren.

Peter won’t have a prominent love interest in the first movie, although he will have a crush on Liz Allan, who is being played by Laura Harrier. Flash Thompson will also appear, with Blake Jenner in talks to play him. Daniel Zovatto and Charlie Rowe are in talks to play Harry Osborn.

THOR: RAGNAROK will feature Cate Blanchett as Hela and Surtur will be unleashed in the third actor. Josh Brolin will have an appearance as Thanos that leads directly into AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.

Tessa Thompson is indeed playing Broomhilde, the warrior Valkyrie. She is Thor’s new romantic interest. It will be established Thor and Jane Foster’s relationship ended on amicable terms due to his responsibilities as the guardian of the Nine Realms preventing them from committing to a life together.

Villains of BLACK PANTHER are High Priest Achebe, Ulysses Klaue and M'Baku. Andy Serkis will reprise his role as Klaw. Martin Freeman is also reprising his role as Everett Ross.

Black Panther’s love interest will be Monica Lynne, reinvented as a political envoy employed by Ross. Other supporting characters are Shuri, T'Challa’s sister; N'Gassi, the royal adviser; Okoye, the leader of the Dora Milaje; Adenbi, Achebe’s loyal follower; and Jack Truman, Lynne’s handler.

Casting is still in early stages, but Marvel has already named Michael Jai White as one of the frontrunners for M'Baku, and had meetings with Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Nicole Beharie, Yaya DaCosta and Sharol Leal for the lead female roles, either Lynne or Shuri or both.

Carol Danvers will appear in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR before CAPTAIN MARVEL, and Emily Blunt is lined up to play her. Emily Carmichel in talks to direct.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 1 will be renamed. First draft has recently been delivered. Apparently set on Earth and centered on the assembly of the Infinity Gauntlet.

CAPTAIN MARVEL will feature the Kree as villains. Not much is set.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP will feature the return of Janet Van Dyne and Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne fighting an old enemy of Hank Pym’s past familiar with the Quantum Realm, but his identity hasn’t yet been determined.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 2 will be set in Space and feature the final battle against Thanos.

INHUMANS will most likely be scrapped.

Chris Evans is expected to renew his contract for more CAPTAIN AMERICA movies in Phase 4. Robert Downey Jr., however, is not. although there’s renewed interest in IRON MAN 4 lately.

Sequels for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, DOCTOR STRANGE, BLACK PANTHER and SPIDER-MAN already in discussions. They’re being optimistic, but more reserved with CAPTAIN MARVEL.

SECRET INVASION and SIEGE are popular storylines that are being considered as overarching storylines of Phase 4 and beyond.

There is a plan for the potential return of the Fantastic Four to the MCU. However, there are no contingencies for the X-Men, which are unlikely to ever return. There is interest in Namor, too.

There is interest in the Sentry, Spider-Woman, Hercules, Photon, Nova. the Young Avengers and the Thunderbolts for Phase 4 and beyond.

Blade, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider are being lined-up for Netflix shows.

BLACK WIDOW is actually of interest, but likely won’t happen in phase 3. Likewise, there’s been debate about a standalone WINTER SOLDIER movie.

There’s a running gag about producing a Supreme Squadron movie, but chances of it actually happening are virtually zero.
I want to believe this, but
isn't the villain of Doctor Strange supposed to be Baron Mordo?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to see Dormammu in a Dr. Strange movie

He's one of my MvC mains

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do think your right, if I remember

But a lot of people said something like "It's mistranslated"

Maybe denial?

There were enough people that refused to believe it though, and I guess others that never looked enough into it

Others wanted visual proof, which the picture didn't provide

Edit: And this is just my experience on Serebii.net forums. For all I know other forums might have been more ...reasonable.
http://www.pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

This was the full rumor. I never followed Serebbii forums but they seem to doubt rumors, so that makes sense.

I only followed the pokecommunity in which it was divided 50 50 there.

Most brought it though after fairy was confirmed.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Civil war is literally the best marvel movie.Like it did so much right!That fight scene,the humor,Peter's banter,its just an amazing movie.And just for a die hard fan whose seen every movie from start to now its a good pay off.Now to wait for doctor strange and Gotg 2.Might skip thor 3 though, even though it has the hulk it in, i cant think my body could stand another thor movie

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
http://www.pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

This was the full rumor. I never followed Serebbii forums but they seem to doubt rumors, so that makes sense.

I only followed the pokecommunity in which it was divided 50 50 there.

Most brought it though after fairy was confirmed.
"
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting. (WPM Note: Two days later [on Monday], the source informed me he had mixed up the secondary types of Chespin and Froakie’s final evolutions. This bullet point reflects the correction.)"
Yep, this is it right here. Water/ fighting and Grass/ dark. He makes a note at the end which is confusing on what he "Corrected"

From that perspective it looks like the originally wrote water/ dark and grass/ fighting but was "corrected" by people since it was "mistranslated". I'm not sure if the author knew the correct typing or not. If he truly believed it to be grass/ fighting and water/ dark he should have/ would have changed it

Regardless, he was being used as a source to "confirm" the grass/ dark and water/ fighting

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"
  • The Starter final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting. (WPM Note: Two days later [on Monday], the source informed me he had mixed up the secondary types of Chespin and Froakie’s final evolutions. This bullet point reflects the correction.)"
Yep, this is it right here. Water/ fighting and Grass/ dark. He makes a note at the end which is confusing on what he "Corrected"

From that perspective it looks like the originally wrote water/ dark and grass/ fighting but was "corrected" by people since it was "mistranslated". I'm not sure if the author knew the correct typing or not. If he truly believed it to be grass/ fighting and water/ dark he should have/ would have changed it

Regardless, he was being used as a source to "confirm" the grass/ dark and water/ fighting
That's right! He did mix them up. But it was correct fast, but it was done to small, so that explains why it got of hand with people's ideas of what was real or fake in it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IThen you need to stop acting like you're circling jerking when people are trying to agree/disagree with you. If you want to take this any further or think I'm spreading more "misinformation" then you can send me a PM. ;)
You're gonna need to define what "acting like you're circlejerking" is because I'm not seeing it and I'm definitely not trying to.

I posted about a bit of news and how it's a pretty big milestone for the franchise involved and gaming in general. Which is not an opinion, that's a fact. Then you made some weird, vague comments and acted as if the fanbase was relevant, or as if they were arguing over it, which they aren't (if they are, please provide evidence of this because I have not seen it).

I didn't reply to you in PM because I see nothing private or personal about this matter from my perspective, and PM's are for private and personal messages. I also don't appreciate the random snark out of nowhere. It's not like I was really disagreeing with you on anything.

If YOU want to make it private or personal, you can PM me (can't guarantee if I'd answer though), but from my perspective, we're talking about video games.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This person on twitter thinks T Tube is one of the most insider poke tubers and because T tube said that it sounds like a direct Monday, it must be true said the person.

EDIT: Alright I was able to clear things up for them, so that's nice.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Super Punch Out was on the 3DS e-Shop

AND NOBODY TOLD ME
:mad:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Decided to start 90's Spidey. Animation isn't as nice as I remember
The animation has aged like hot garbage due to awful funding Marvel had and the reused assets are a prime example of that.

But the writing is fantastic and really fun stories as well.

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
I'm honestly just waiting for GBA games to get on there... I mean, the 3DS can emulate them perfectly well, why haven't they done it, yet?
GBA games WERE on the 3DS...

For the Ambassador Program only. :troll:

If you knew that already, then great for you.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Smash 4 mods are pretty fun. Just stinks that there isn't really anything yet for characters I actually play. :V

I'm genuinely surprised that English Cloud isn't a thing yet, I would have thought that'd be step 1 with voice mods. I get Steve Burton gets mixed reception, but I've heard the dude since 2001, he IS Cloud to me.

On that note, KH Cloud mod when... Actually I can't imagine a cape would be easy at this point.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Smash 4 mods are pretty fun. Just stinks that there isn't really anything yet for characters I actually play. :V

I'm genuinely surprised that English Cloud isn't a thing yet, I would have thought that'd be step 1 with voice mods. I get Steve Burton gets mixed reception, but I've heard the dude since 2001, he IS Cloud to me.

On that note, KH Cloud mod when... Actually I can't imagine a cape would be easy at this point.
I could've swore there was a Smash Mod video with Cloud being voiced by Steve Burton.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Oh, speaking of that.

I went to try and make this, but unfortunately there is no easy way for me to get Dissidia Cloud voice clips. I could try but it would require a couple of hours work.

Would there be enough workable voice clips from Kingdom Hearts (or any other games I'm not thinking of), in your opinion?

Asking because you seem like a big fan of the character and your opinions are probably best on this matter.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm hoping it evolves enough so it's easy to completely take a character and remodel/color everything different. Ness could easily be remade into Brian from Quest 64(namely they share tons of similar moves, although animations need changing). It's more or less kind of similar to how Ganondorf was made in Melee.

But it's neat that the hacks are coming along so well. There's so much fun potential, including a proper Wolf. Albeit, I hope a Wolf hack is done for both versions.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really need help on this. Those who are experienced with Blender should answer this. @Curious Villager ?

How do I select all faces that share an image source? I've been trying to "clean up" Birth by Sleep map models ripped from the game for mapping purposes.

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?347460-Select-all-materials-that-share-image-file-source-(really-need-help)

And yes, I've tried shift+G (select similar faces), but that doesn't work either.

----
Select one object with the material in question, and then click on the "Select" menu at the bottom of the viewport and then go to the "Linked" sub menu (or press the Ctrl + L shortcut command from the viewport to go straight to the Linked menu), then select "Materials".

Last edited:

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I'm hoping it evolves enough so it's easy to completely take a character and remodel/color everything different. Ness could easily be remade into Brian from Quest 64(namely they share tons of similar moves, although animations need changing). It's more or less kind of similar to how Ganondorf was made in Melee.

But it's neat that the hacks are coming along so well. There's so much fun potential, including a proper Wolf. Albeit, I hope a Wolf hack is done for both versions.
Speaking of which, I keep seeing Wii U hacks, but is there any 3DS hacks? I mainly use 3DS, so I was wondering...

Soul.

Speaking of which, I keep seeing Wii U hacks, but is there any 3DS hacks? I mainly use 3DS, so I was wondering...
It got texture hacks a few months ago. Not sure how Smash 3DS hacking is doing in terms of progress though, but I would love it if there were more of them.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I...I've been around the internet long enough, I'm not falling for that...
The 3DS does have an actual GBA Backwards Compatibility Mode. It's called AGB_FIRM.

It was added in ver. 3.0.0-5 to allow the Ambassador games to run perfectly. Nintendo did have ambitions of using emulation with the Ambassador games and future VC releases, but it was scrapped for unknown reasons.

So they added a GBA mode so those games could have better compatibility.

Source: (https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/FIRM#AGB_FIRM)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I want to believe this, but
isn't the villain of Doctor Strange supposed to be Baron Mordo?
From what's been said about things pre-release, Mordo's seemingly taking a back seat, since it's been confirmed the main villain is Mads' character. I think the movie's setting it up where Mordo starts as an ally but later turns, as apparently Mordo's a conglomerate of several characters from the comics in the movie version.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
The 3DS does have an actual GBA Backwards Compatibility Mode. It's called AGB_FIRM.

It was added in ver. 3.0.0-5 to allow the Ambassador games to run perfectly. Nintendo did have ambitions of using emulation with the Ambassador games and future VC releases, but it was scrapped for unknown reasons.

So they added a GBA mode so those games could have better compatibility.

Source: (https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/FIRM#AGB_FIRM)
...Huh. The more you know, I guess.

D

Deleted member

What about a classic Link mod? We could use the Hyrule Wariors costume as a basis.

What about Zack Fair? What about Pantless Marth? What about Armored Mewtwo? What about Classic Captain Falcon?
WHAT ABOUT MARIO WITH A BUCKET IN HIS HEAD?

The possibilities for Costume mods are endless!......
.......oh yeah and having a Steve Burton voice mod for Cloud would be cool though. (altough i would like Bowser with his voice from Bowser's Inside Story too).

Speaking of voice actors, i dound a video that edits Fox's voice with his voice from Melee (not an actual mod, just an edit)

Someone will eventually turn this into an actual mod......maybe.

D

Deleted member

I want Smash mods so I can add N's Final Battle theme, FE4's recruitment theme, Road Taken and Battle Against the Four Fiends
Also waiting for a Miss Cloud mod so I can finally main Cloud properly

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I want Smash mods so I can add N's Final Battle theme, FE4's recruitment theme, Road Taken and Battle Against the Four Fiends
Also waiting for a Miss Cloud mod so I can finally main Cloud properly
You're forgetting about the song that we were damn well due for Midgar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom