• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Operation Overdrive is definitely the worst power ranger series though

People think Turbo was, and it is pretty up there. But Overdrive was lame.

But the Japanese footage for Turbo is just awesome. Carranger looks like it's pretty good.

Overdrive - Mystic Force - Turbo. My least favorite.

Although Mystic Force has one of the best looking megazords
Overdrive did at least have more memorable characters than Turbo, which helped. Disney was pretty good with characterizations. Mystic Force suffered only because they overused their budget on S.P.D. so were forced to use mostly MagiRanger footage. This is why the Red Ranger had a severely high amount of focus. That said, Mystic Force has very memorable characters and music too(mostly the background instrumentals. The theme song is one I like, but it's not honestly that great). OO has a catchy theme song, but I agree it's overall bad, even if it has fairly better made characters than some PR series. Not all of them, but it has at least better Rangers overall than Lost Galaxy does.

My only real issue with OO was Will's actor going nuts and stealing a charity item as a Morphicon simply because he was casted a Black Thief. Like, I agree that it was an unfortunate role, but you were an excellent actor regardless. You made the role good because you showed you weren't some criminal but an actual good person who just happened to be Black and just happened to be good at Thievery. I thought the role did a lot of good instead, despite the stereotype.

Turbo had great music, but the acting was a bit meh. The villains were pretty cool, though. I do admit I do not like Alpha 6, like, at all. He was lame.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So here's something neat: possible big MCU leak. Anonymous source, but hey, these don't come out often, and in the past an anonymous 4chan post leaked Age of Ultron's deleted scenes while the film was still in theaters, and nothing seems outlandish, sooooo maybe? At the very least it's an interesting read.

Light spoiler warning. It's mainly just one-sentence plot synopses, as well as casting information, plus future film/Netflix plans.
Mads Mikkelsen is playing Dr. Anthony Druid in DOCTOR STRANGE. He’s the main villain. Amy Landecker and Scott Adkins are playing his followers. Michael Stuhlbarg is playing a LHC scientist who assists Doctor Druid. Dormammu is referenced.

Kurt Russell is playing Stakar in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. He’s Star-Lord’s father and the main villain. Secondary villains include Tullk and Taserface. Ego, the Living Planet, will appear, and they’re scouting high-profile actors to voice him.

Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone and Christopher Lloyd have minor roles in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2.

The main villains of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING are Norman Osborn and the Vulture, with appearances by Spencer Smythe and Miles Warren.

Michael Keaton was approached to play Osborn, but declined because he didn’t want to commit to a multi-picture contract. Other actors are now being approached, including Jason Clarke and Dougray Scott.

Mark Rylance has been approached about playing the Vulture and Gary Oldman is in negotiations to play Smythe. Andrew McCarthy is in early talks to play Warren.

Peter won’t have a prominent love interest in the first movie, although he will have a crush on Liz Allan, who is being played by Laura Harrier. Flash Thompson will also appear, with Blake Jenner in talks to play him. Daniel Zovatto and Charlie Rowe are in talks to play Harry Osborn.

THOR: RAGNAROK will feature Cate Blanchett as Hela and Surtur will be unleashed in the third actor. Josh Brolin will have an appearance as Thanos that leads directly into AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.

Tessa Thompson is indeed playing Broomhilde, the warrior Valkyrie. She is Thor’s new romantic interest. It will be established Thor and Jane Foster’s relationship ended on amicable terms due to his responsibilities as the guardian of the Nine Realms preventing them from committing to a life together.

Villains of BLACK PANTHER are High Priest Achebe, Ulysses Klaue and M'Baku. Andy Serkis will reprise his role as Klaw. Martin Freeman is also reprising his role as Everett Ross.

Black Panther’s love interest will be Monica Lynne, reinvented as a political envoy employed by Ross. Other supporting characters are Shuri, T'Challa’s sister; N'Gassi, the royal adviser; Okoye, the leader of the Dora Milaje; Adenbi, Achebe’s loyal follower; and Jack Truman, Lynne’s handler.

Casting is still in early stages, but Marvel has already named Michael Jai White as one of the frontrunners for M'Baku, and had meetings with Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Nicole Beharie, Yaya DaCosta and Sharol Leal for the lead female roles, either Lynne or Shuri or both.

Carol Danvers will appear in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR before CAPTAIN MARVEL, and Emily Blunt is lined up to play her. Emily Carmichel in talks to direct.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 1 will be renamed. First draft has recently been delivered. Apparently set on Earth and centered on the assembly of the Infinity Gauntlet.

CAPTAIN MARVEL will feature the Kree as villains. Not much is set.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP will feature the return of Janet Van Dyne and Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne fighting an old enemy of Hank Pym’s past familiar with the Quantum Realm, but his identity hasn’t yet been determined.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 2 will be set in Space and feature the final battle against Thanos.

INHUMANS will most likely be scrapped.

Chris Evans is expected to renew his contract for more CAPTAIN AMERICA movies in Phase 4. Robert Downey Jr., however, is not. although there’s renewed interest in IRON MAN 4 lately.

Sequels for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, DOCTOR STRANGE, BLACK PANTHER and SPIDER-MAN already in discussions. They’re being optimistic, but more reserved with CAPTAIN MARVEL.

SECRET INVASION and SIEGE are popular storylines that are being considered as overarching storylines of Phase 4 and beyond.

There is a plan for the potential return of the Fantastic Four to the MCU. However, there are no contingencies for the X-Men, which are unlikely to ever return. There is interest in Namor, too.

There is interest in the Sentry, Spider-Woman, Hercules, Photon, Nova. the Young Avengers and the Thunderbolts for Phase 4 and beyond.

Blade, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider are being lined-up for Netflix shows.

BLACK WIDOW is actually of interest, but likely won’t happen in phase 3. Likewise, there’s been debate about a standalone WINTER SOLDIER movie.

There’s a running gag about producing a Supreme Squadron movie, but chances of it actually happening are virtually zero.
I just realized something. Dr. Druid isn't a Doctor Strange character nor is he a villain... Wut?

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So here's something neat: possible big MCU leak. Anonymous source, but hey, these don't come out often, and in the past an anonymous 4chan post leaked Age of Ultron's deleted scenes while the film was still in theaters, and nothing seems outlandish, sooooo maybe? At the very least it's an interesting read.

Light spoiler warning. It's mainly just one-sentence plot synopses, as well as casting information, plus future film/Netflix plans.
Mads Mikkelsen is playing Dr. Anthony Druid in DOCTOR STRANGE. He’s the main villain. Amy Landecker and Scott Adkins are playing his followers. Michael Stuhlbarg is playing a LHC scientist who assists Doctor Druid. Dormammu is referenced.

Kurt Russell is playing Stakar in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. He’s Star-Lord’s father and the main villain. Secondary villains include Tullk and Taserface. Ego, the Living Planet, will appear, and they’re scouting high-profile actors to voice him.

Sylvester Stallone, Sharon Stone and Christopher Lloyd have minor roles in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2.

The main villains of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING are Norman Osborn and the Vulture, with appearances by Spencer Smythe and Miles Warren.

Michael Keaton was approached to play Osborn, but declined because he didn’t want to commit to a multi-picture contract. Other actors are now being approached, including Jason Clarke and Dougray Scott.

Mark Rylance has been approached about playing the Vulture and Gary Oldman is in negotiations to play Smythe. Andrew McCarthy is in early talks to play Warren.

Peter won’t have a prominent love interest in the first movie, although he will have a crush on Liz Allan, who is being played by Laura Harrier. Flash Thompson will also appear, with Blake Jenner in talks to play him. Daniel Zovatto and Charlie Rowe are in talks to play Harry Osborn.

THOR: RAGNAROK will feature Cate Blanchett as Hela and Surtur will be unleashed in the third actor. Josh Brolin will have an appearance as Thanos that leads directly into AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR.

Tessa Thompson is indeed playing Broomhilde, the warrior Valkyrie. She is Thor’s new romantic interest. It will be established Thor and Jane Foster’s relationship ended on amicable terms due to his responsibilities as the guardian of the Nine Realms preventing them from committing to a life together.

Villains of BLACK PANTHER are High Priest Achebe, Ulysses Klaue and M'Baku. Andy Serkis will reprise his role as Klaw. Martin Freeman is also reprising his role as Everett Ross.

Black Panther’s love interest will be Monica Lynne, reinvented as a political envoy employed by Ross. Other supporting characters are Shuri, T'Challa’s sister; N'Gassi, the royal adviser; Okoye, the leader of the Dora Milaje; Adenbi, Achebe’s loyal follower; and Jack Truman, Lynne’s handler.

Casting is still in early stages, but Marvel has already named Michael Jai White as one of the frontrunners for M'Baku, and had meetings with Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Nicole Beharie, Yaya DaCosta and Sharol Leal for the lead female roles, either Lynne or Shuri or both.

Carol Danvers will appear in AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR before CAPTAIN MARVEL, and Emily Blunt is lined up to play her. Emily Carmichel in talks to direct.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 1 will be renamed. First draft has recently been delivered. Apparently set on Earth and centered on the assembly of the Infinity Gauntlet.

CAPTAIN MARVEL will feature the Kree as villains. Not much is set.

ANT-MAN & THE WASP will feature the return of Janet Van Dyne and Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne fighting an old enemy of Hank Pym’s past familiar with the Quantum Realm, but his identity hasn’t yet been determined.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR - PART 2 will be set in Space and feature the final battle against Thanos.

INHUMANS will most likely be scrapped.

Chris Evans is expected to renew his contract for more CAPTAIN AMERICA movies in Phase 4. Robert Downey Jr., however, is not. although there’s renewed interest in IRON MAN 4 lately.

Sequels for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, DOCTOR STRANGE, BLACK PANTHER and SPIDER-MAN already in discussions. They’re being optimistic, but more reserved with CAPTAIN MARVEL.

SECRET INVASION and SIEGE are popular storylines that are being considered as overarching storylines of Phase 4 and beyond.

There is a plan for the potential return of the Fantastic Four to the MCU. However, there are no contingencies for the X-Men, which are unlikely to ever return. There is interest in Namor, too.

There is interest in the Sentry, Spider-Woman, Hercules, Photon, Nova. the Young Avengers and the Thunderbolts for Phase 4 and beyond.

Blade, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider are being lined-up for Netflix shows.

BLACK WIDOW is actually of interest, but likely won’t happen in phase 3. Likewise, there’s been debate about a standalone WINTER SOLDIER movie.

There’s a running gag about producing a Supreme Squadron movie, but chances of it actually happening are virtually zero.
To be fair it seems more a wishlist turned to sound like a leak.plus the F4 returning to the MCU similar to spiderman it's actually been discussed alot seeing as there both skipping Comic con and some people with sources saying that marvel and fox have been on contact with each other

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Never in my entire life did I expect to see the words "Nintendo", "Partnered", and "Microsoft" all in the same sentence.

I'm not gonna lie, it's obviously just a basic skin swap that just about anyone could have made sans a few things, but that looks dope as hell. I may seriously have to pick up Minecraft for Wii U now.

Also, all them characters yo.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Microsoft and Nintendo partnership isn't surprising in the least bit. Phil Spencer loves Nintendo.

Halo DS was going to be a thing at one point.

Nintendo and Sony would surprise me.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Microsoft and Nintendo partnership isn't surprising in the least bit. Phil Spencer loves Nintendo.

Halo DS was going to be a thing at one point.

Nintendo and Sony would surprise me.
Fair point. It's still something that just seems weird on a surface level is all. Kind of like if you told a 90's kid Nintendo would partner with SEGA someday.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Beat me to it, I will never stop playing now.
Uh... We might be getting the NX reveal here soon. And when I mean soon, I mean possibly tomorrow. https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/4ij4e3/any_idea_what_this_is_referring_to/
Not expecting anything. Unless it ties it to Sun and Moon, which is probably some serious strawgrasping on my end.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Mario Mash Up pack is the closest we'll get to having the Dragonborn (Skyrim Mash Up pack), Commander Shepard (Mass Effect Mash Up pack) and Mario in one game.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Dragon ball super is officially a fan fiction guys.not only is future trunks back but the name of the next big villian is named black goku lol I could not make this up if I tried:joyful:

Link to translated article:https://twitter.com/Styling_hipster/status/729521519391449088
Why hasn't this show been released in English yet or at least with non-fan subtitles? lol

Kind of creepy IMO, but it's good to see the Wii U version have some sort of incentive towards buying it now given how late to the party it was. Hopefully a Zelda or Metroid pack is also in development.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I addressed the shift+G thing in my first post. It didn't work for me.

What did you use to rip the model? I use JPCSP.
So I had a Destiny Islands model lying around and tried the same thing as you did. There's a wood texture material that selects a ton of faces like in your pic, but not all of the faces.

Try selecting the other textures like the ocean ones and see if you can get all the texture faces selected. I couldn't. I can show pics if you want.

----
Trust me, Shift + G is the right answer here.

If I select a wood texture on Destiny Islands, do this step, and it still doesn't select every wooden object, the reason for this is because some parts of the geometry have textures that look near identical, if not flat out are identical in appearance. This is because this model uses multiple textures that look very similar, or uses copies of a texture on different objects. Images demonstrating this are in the spoiler.

As you can see, the walls in the first Blender image and the dock in the second image, use the same texture, but for some reason, the dock is using copy number 6 of said texture, while the walls use the original. This is most likely because the two sets of faces have their own object data due to originally being separate objects. In the case of the hut roof in the third image, it's using a different texture, that happens to look the very same before close inspection. The file name indicates it's a completely different texture, though.

If you say, for example, wanted to re-texture all three of these sets of faces with the same texture, and wanted to quickly select them all at once to do that, here's how you do so. I'll go through it from beginning to end in case you are missing something:

First you select a single face. In this case, I select one on the walls near the dock.

Then you press Shift + G, which brings up the following menu. You select "Image".

Then when you do that, all faces with the same copies of the same image texture, will be selected, like this:

However, some faces with textures that look the same, will not be selected:

This is because these faces are using either a different, albeit similar looking texture, or are using a copy of the same texture (which to Blender, means it may as well be a different texture altogether).

However, you can still select these faces quickly, while keeping the rest of the selection. Simply hold Shift and select another face you want - in this case, an unselected part of the hut roof.

And simply do Shift + G > Image again. This is the result.

As you can see, it added the unselected patch of the hut roof to the selection, without undoing any of our previous selection. It also added a part of the door on the right platform, since it was obviously using the same copy of the same texture as the patch of the hut roof we just selected.

So with that, just keep doing this for all of the unselected parts, and you can have all of the plank wood textured areas selected in no time at all.

A couple of repeats of this process later (and it only took a minute), and I have gone and selected every texture that can be described as being wooden in some way, and only those textures.

From here you can do whatever you need to with them. Like applying a new texture to all selected faces.

Or you could change the faces in some way, like extruding them. Whatever you need to do.

Also I just downloaded this model from Models Resource.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
@retro gamer

I made a slight mistake in the time of the sun and moon news in EST.

8am is PST time

EST is 7am.

So if you want to see it live, then follow that time instead.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Too much fast.

Gotta go faster next time.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Yokai Watch is at 17th on the UK charts, not that impressive
and Ace Attourney trilogy is on sale in Europe this week. I finally get to outtry it
What's the current price, please? This might heavily change my decision of getting SNES games for my New 3DS VC with the wee bit of spare money I have left.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What's the current price, please? This might heavily change my decision of getting SNES games for my New 3DS VC with the wee bit of spare money I have left.
If I remember correctly the trilogy costs about 30 euros, but starting this thursday, it's only 15, whereas Dual Destinies gets a discount to 10 euros
EDIT: DD is 10 euros, accidentally read the pound price first

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Is the Avatar uploader broken again? Just as the glorious return happens?!

SHAME ON YOU SMASHBOARDS AVATAR UPLOADER.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Are we having a Moon and Sun freak out? Is that what's going on while I'm standing around naked?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
It's always the less than 24 hours before exciting news happens time frame that seem to be the slowest moment.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They said we'd get news May 10th. Look at the day it is today. And put some undies on dammit!
I'd very much like to but like the overweight bully in high school Smashboards has seemingly stolen my clothes again.

Never let them tell you that beautiful popular kids can't be bullied children.

Take it away Lady Gaga...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im loving smash 4 mods(which im not actually going to use untill im dead certain the wiiu is no longer getting updates from nintendo) people have figured out how to give each costume its own voice pack...ergo replacing one color for sonic with shadow
(or in a much cooler case giving bayonettas game 1 costume her voice from that game...ergo giving her bayo1 quotes because its the same VA)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's that time of year again.

"checks google" Well that's just about as randomly awesome as May the Forth. :laugh:

Is the Avatar uploader broken again? Just as the glorious return happens?!

SHAME ON YOU SMASHBOARDS AVATAR UPLOADER.
I don't know what's buggier, the avatar uploader or the social group plugin? Someone better tag Warchamp again.

D

Deleted member

im loving smash 4 mods(which im not actually going to use untill im dead certain the wiiu is no longer getting updates from nintendo) people have figured out how to give each costume its own voice pack...ergo replacing one color for sonic with shadow
(or in a much cooler case giving bayonettas game 1 costume her voice from that game...ergo giving her bayo1 quotes because its the same VA)
Smash mods would be cool if I knew how to use them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom