• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pikmin 4 being moved to NX is looking more and more likely.

Looks like i'm buying the console ASAP.
So.
Popped back for my reactions to things.

Got bingo.
#FE not getting a dub may be one of the things that push me off of getting the game.
SCREW YOU LEAK WE /ARE/ GETTING RH:TB+
MEDLI CRASHES ON THE SCENE.
I am demanding Gundam Wing x Kirby art now.
ALSO A KIRBY RPG SYSTEM BUT STILL A KIRBY GAME?! THIS IS BETTER THAN KIRBY THE FIGHTERS
WHERE IS PIKMIN 4, MIYAMOTO?!

Also I officially renounced the Paper Mario series.

Personally? I want Malon, Saria, and
May I ask why you quoted me?

Also good luck with whatever you do while you are MIA. Sorry I didn't say goodbye the first time

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh I enjoyed the Direct, don't mistake that. I think it was fairly solid.

It just had one gigantic element that nearly brought it all down for me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This E3 has the potential to be one of Nintendo's best ones ever.
If it's anything like E3 2006, which I think it will be, I definitely agree. There are a lot of parallels between Nintendo's situation then and now.

And that E3 had 3D & 2D Mario, console and handheld Zeldas, Smash, Metroid, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, WarioWare, multiple new IPs and notable third party support. Tough competition, perhaps insurmountable, but I really do believe Nintendo has more than a few aces up their sleeve for NX.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Pikmin 4 being moved to NX is looking more and more likely.

Looks like i'm buying the console ASAP.

May I ask why you quoted me?

Also good luck with whatever you do while you are MIA. Sorry I didn't say goodbye the first time
...For some reason I deleted what I was going to say.
Kat was also in Starfox 2.
OFFICIALLY RELEASED OR NOT.
SHE WAS /PLAYABLE/ OVER A DECADE BEFORE KRYSTAL

Edit: i'm a dirty liar because Kat wasn't playable but was in it.
Two other females WERE added to the team as playable in the game, though.

Last edited:
And that E3 had 3D & 2D Mario, console and handheld Zeldas, Smash, Metroid, Star Fox, Fire Emblem, WarioWare, multiple new IPs and notable third party support.
That was all at one E3? I know it was a console reveal but. . .

Lord have mercy if we go from last year's E3 to something like this I don't think the fanbase will be able to handle it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I will be absolutely shocked if Pikmin 4 hits the Wii U. I've always been of the opinion it was meant for the NX, at least since it was announced. It would be much more useful to pad out the NX's launch/launch-window then throw it out on the Wii U to flounder.

I'm banking on Paper Mario and Zelda being the last two notable games for the Wii U, and then Nintendo goes full NX.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ok, rewatched the Direct...and some additional thoughts on things...

forgot about that free to play (kinda) Mini Mario amiibo game they introduced...and Pony Solitaire lol...I'll take my regualr Solitaire that I can play anytime on my computer thank you...

Monster Hunter...seems another game that could be worth investing in...I have 48 hrs to decide if I should get the Monster Hunter 4 from the eshop, since it is $20 with tax...any thoughts/recommendations/suggestions? I do tend to play a lot of games that involve slaying giant monsters afterall...
The Marth costume is interesting, I wonder if it'll just be Marth or if we can get other Fire Emblem characters as well...

Hyrule Warriors Legends...additional DLC being added after release as well as Medli...probably gonna make the pre-order so I can get the artbook, since I'm a sucker for those...(of course my local Gamestop never got the Fates bundle available for the public outside of pre-orders....buggers)...and Ganondorf's new alternate...it's a little strange seeing his Toon outfit stuck onto a realistic rendition...I did sort of expect something like this to happen since the default for Ganondorf is the dual swords which was most likely taken from Wind Waker...but it's a little disappointing that Ganondorf/Ganon is being viewed as just one character as Pig Ganon as a separate character would've been amazing, but oh well...

As for the SNES games only being on the New 3DS, that paired with the Xenoblade Chronicles 3D...I can almost sense other games in the future getting similar treatment as it would be easier on development to not limit themselves to weaker hardware, so I may have to consider picking one up, though it'll take me ages to save up for it...I don't really like it though, since it basically makes my current 3DS obsolete which means it feels like I wasted money on it, and I don't really have money to waste...couple this with the upcoming NX and several games for all three current Gen systems for Nintendo and everything else...

Spoilered because there are lots of letters and grammatical errors...
...well back to this polarizing game...while I'm not a fan of the artstyle myself...wasn't really a fan of the cartoony style in Wind Waker but yet it remains one of my favourite Zelda games, plus there's a bunch of older games who's graphics are utter **** (like pokemon Red that I'm playing right now), anyways this is something that I most likely will get used to anyway upon playing it...
As for the gameplay, it appears that it does retain some elements of exploration Metroid is known for; using various weapons to open new areas and defeat enemies, possibly discovering new areas of this planet your traversing, as well as encountering new threats as you go...I do like the focus on the direction of the GFed vs. Space Pirates, as it has me thinking on what we could see in the future with the Metroid series when you think about Prime 4 and Sylux..
There is one thing that bothers me though...there is this fear in the back of my mind in regards to this game and that's the multiplayer aspect of it...Nintnedo lately have been doing this with quite a few games where there is a greater emphasis on multiplayer, like how Smash had no Adventure Mode with Smash Tour and 8-Player Smash added and such, and with Triforce Heroes...all these games that are 'More fun with friends'...this is something I don't want in a Metroid game especially since most of my friends have no interest in video games let alone own a 3DS let alone will get this game...I am somewhat of an outcast amoung my friends not because they look down on me for playing games but because they never want to play...If this game has too much of a focus on multiplayer I already know I won't enjoy it as much...
However if the single player experience is still a solid experience and doesn't feel like it's left to be desired, I feel like I may very well enjoy the game; it may not be Samus that I'm playing as, it may not be hyper realistic, it may not be Prime 4...but this game deserves a chance at the very least...I feel like Metroid needs a proper chance to become a juggernaut of a franchise I feel it's very capable of becoming, but for that to happen the fans need to be a bit more open, There are plans for the series in the future afterall and I'm sure a console title won't go the same route, in terms of artstyle and multiplayer, we see here anyways...This game is all about expanding the Metroid Prime Universe afterall...

No Zelda U news which I fully expected...Nintendo flat-out told us this Direct is focusing on Summer releases, which means any holiday titles will be saved for later, possibly E3...it's funny reading the comments on the youtube and so many people asking 'Where's Zelda U?' I like when people don't pay attention...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can you have a 3ds and new 3ds tied to the same Nintendo account or do I have to loose all data on my new 3ds so I can transfer my 3ds' data on it.

My new 3ds came with games...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Can you have a 3ds and new 3ds tied to the same Nintendo account or do I have to loose all data on my new 3ds so I can transfer my 3ds' data on it.

Once you switch accounts the one on your older 3DS will end up getting deleted unless you save it. Which isn't hard and is possible.

Just don't recommend it when trying to sell your 3DS.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That was all at one E3? I know it was a console reveal but. . .

Lord have mercy if we go from last year's E3 to something like this I don't think the fanbase will be able to handle it.

Well Nintendo's E3 2005 pretty much only had Zelda, some minor spin-offs and lower budget titles, and hints towards a bigger 06. At least as far as the home console was concerned. So it's not without precedent. But yeah, E3 2006 was probably Nintendo's best (2010 being the runner up) and even with clearly all the attention and resources they've diverted to NX... it'll be hard to beat.

BananaBake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aardvark001
3DS FC
2853-0928-1374

RIP system transfer
Try Taking an SD card reader that can work for MicroSDHC cards and copy all the files from your Old 3DS to the SDHC card on your new one

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Well Nintendo's E3 2005 pretty much only had Zelda, some minor spin-offs and lower budget titles, and hints towards a bigger 06. At least as far as the home console was concerned. So it's not without precedent. But yeah, E3 2006 was probably Nintendo's best (2010 being the runner up) and even with clearly all the attention and resources they've diverted to NX... it'll be hard to beat.
I just imagine them showing off the console, the time before E3 then unleash a trailer that says

FINAL FANTASY IS BACK ON NINTENDO CONSOLES

FINAL FANTASY XV on (insert new console name)
And end it with Zelda U

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have no problem with the old data being deleted from my 3ds after transfer

What I mean is, my new 3ds came with games on it and special themes. Which would be deleted if I transfer old data onto it

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just imagine them showing off the console, the time before E3 then unleash a trailer that says

And end it with Zelda U
Before E3? Before E3 if they show the NX (which they might - makes sense to acclimate people to whatever the concept ends up being) I don't imagine many, if any, NX software announcements will follow. I suspect they'd save those until E3. But I could see Zelda getting announced then, if only because most people are expecting a TP situation at this point anyway.

Personally I do think FF is going to return to Nintendo consoles though. FF7 more than likely, FFXV I could see too. Nintendo and SE seem to have kissed and made up. FF7 on the NX would be wild, it's almost hard to imagine. It'd be like when Sonic started showing up on Nintendo systems.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Surely there's a Mario game being developed for NX release too?

If the console launches with Pikmin, Zelda and a 3D Mario game it's got a shot.

Seriously, tack Smash for NX onto there too (Complete Edition or whatever) and people will buy it.

Does anyone think Nintendo have beem quiet lately, and are investing in the NX or it seems pretty business as usual in terms on game releases?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

New Source Gaming discussion on the direct. Let me know what you think of it!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Before E3? Before E3 if they show the NX (which they might - makes sense to acclimate people to whatever the concept ends up being) I don't imagine many, if any, NX software announcements will follow. I suspect they'd save those until E3. But I could see Zelda getting announced then, if only because most people are expecting a TP situation at this point anyway.

Personally I do think FF is going to return to Nintendo consoles though. FF7 more than likely, FFXV I could see too. Nintendo and SE seem to have kissed and made up. FF7 on the NX would be wild, it's almost hard to imagine. It'd be like when Sonic started showing up on Nintendo systems.
I'm talking about FF XV during E3. But this is all true and they do show off software at Console Revealings.

They did it for the PS4 and Xbox One. If they ever did show off a game, it'll be Mario or Zelda

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You know, what would be pretty cool and maybe somewhat plausible at the same time?
The original FFVII released to virtual console on the Wii U...does anybody else think this could happen as well? I mean everyone's talking about FFVII remake coming to the NX and at this point we don't know how far along Square is with the game but from what I heard we won't see this for another couple of years...

As for NX launch titles...man, they really need Prime 4 it's bad enough the franchise had to miss yet another console generation, but if they bring it out as part of the initial line-up? Just imagine how big that would be...I know it won't happen at launch though...a new F-Zero game would be huge as well since they are currently even worse off than Metroid...doesn't help that Nintendo's focusing on Mario Kart as their main racing game...

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You know, what would be pretty cool and maybe somewhat plausible at the same time?
The original FFVII released to virtual console on the Wii U...does anybody else think this could happen as well? I mean everyone's talking about FFVII remake coming to the NX and at this point we don't know how far along Square is with the game but from what I heard we won't see this for another couple of years...

As for NX launch titles...man, they really need Prime 4 it's bad enough the franchise had to miss yet another console generation, but if they bring it out as part of the initial line-up? Just imagine how big that would be...I know it won't happen at launch though...a new F-Zero game would be huge as well since they are currently even worse off than Metroid...doesn't help that Nintendo's focusing on Mario Kart as their main racing game...
I've said that since Cloud was first revealed.

FFVII can be easily ported by using the Steam version and it can run on 3DS, Wii U and NX.

I believe this will happen to get the Nintendo audience familiar with Cloud and to hold them off until FF7 remake is on NX

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Say, how much are the SNES games on the New 3DS?
Just so I can plan ahead of time whenever I get around to upgrading.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hey guys, guess what I just realized.
Slippy, a longtime and well known star fox character, now has his own side game.
Slippy for Smash 5
I'm only half joking

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think this Direct would've had a lot more impact if Pokemon didn't insist on being its own special little snowflake and they just amalgamated the Sun & Moon announcement into this one. Assuming also that it didn't leak beforehand. Which I guess it would've... given the contents of this Direct also leaked... jeez. Nintendo needs a good plumber. Better than the one who sits around eating shrooms with his brother all day.

Slippy, a longtime and well known star fox character, now has his own side game.
Slippy for Smash 5
I'm only half joking
He's probably next in line tbh. Sorry Krystal... maybe if you show up next time. If there is a next time...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Slippy for Smash 5
I'm only half joking
Guess the comparison's of Slippy being the Tingle of Star Fox are getting more and more apparent, eh?..

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, so #FE isn't going to be in English? It's Japanese with subtitles. That's ...odd

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not really. It's a game that takes place in Japan. If anything I'd consider it being more faithful to its real life counterpart.
A lot of games that take place in Japan are in English in the localized versions

I'd say the majority of games that are localized that take place in Japan are in English

Last edited:
FF talk regarding NX worries me. I would not even be remotey surprised if 15 and 7r come to NX but that is not something i want to be dissappinted on :x

Slippy for Smash 5
I'm only half joking
I am 0% joking when i say i really want Slippy.

Unload the toad!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, I enjoyed most of the Direct. Once again, I got to save up for some of those games.

Kirby Planet Robobot looks interesting. I still need to pick up Kirby Triple Deluxe though.

Paper Mario Color Splash looks very nice. I'm most interested in the story and how it's going to play. I hope it is at least as good as Sticker Star (didn't really like Super Paper Mario... literally bored me to sleep that I actually stopped playing and took a nap).

Hyrule Warriors Legends... of course I'm going to get it. I enjoyed the Wii U game for sure. Can't wait to play as Toon Link, Skull Kid, Tetra, King of Hyrule, Linkle, and now Medli, too. I am happy we are getting many Toon characters.

Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge looks interesting. We finally have Mini Rosalina, Mini Yoshi, Mini Bowser, Mini Bowser Jr., and Mini Diddy Kong toys. And I like that they all have unique abilities. From the looks of it, it seems the gameplay might be more like the original Mario vs. Donkey Kong for the GBA. But will I definitely buy it? That remains to be seen.

D

Deleted member

Awww, shoot, I'm late to the announcment of Monster Hunter Generations....(Because of FE conquest, which I've been having a blast with.)

Hehe, funny how that the beggining of the week I was loving what I saw from cross... And here it is, coming to the US. Man, my luck is either really good or really bad. But luckily good in this case.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You take **** way too seriously. It's all for fun. It's a "theory". It's not fact. He's not hurting you. You're the one taking it way too seriously.

How has his Rosalina theory hurt you. You sound so personally harmed and affected by it.

Some of his stuff is really damn solid and can be taken seriously. It's up to the person to decide whether or not it's solid. I'm sorry that people like the Rosalina theory? You don't? Fine. Deal with it.

He's an online personality. It's easy for you to to **** on the guy (you'll say you aren't, but you're calling the content bad and suggesting he's way to egotistical) when he's the one in the spotlight and you're not.
Ah, the good old "YOU TAKE IT TOO SERIOUSLY BRUH" defense for those who don't have an actual counterpoint but need to be contrarian in some way. Classic.

MatPat actually treats many of his theories as facts, often using older theories as basis for newer ones, and generally doesn't take well to being wrong. When he puts so much faith in them and puts the effort into making them, then yes, it is perfectly reasonable for people to critique them, as they are a tangible piece of work. Keep in mind, I think he has some good videos, but they are minority. By voicing that, I am giving feedback as a viewer.

And I never said that it's wrong to like his Rosalina theory, quit putting words in my mouth. I said that it bothers me when his theories mess up a fandom, as in, a large portion of people treat his theories as absolute fact and will harass you for thinking otherwise. I've had this happen tons of times and I feel it's perfectly reasonable to be annoyed by it, especially when his theories often have nothing to do with what I could be discussing. And yes, this is a direct result of him trying to treat certain theories as fact.

And no, whether or not his theories are solid is objective. Theories, by nature, need evidence backing them. A lot of MatPat's don't have substantial evidence, and require he ignore facts or make stuff up to make his point.

And once again, criticism and disliking his content =/= ****ing on the guy. It seems you are the one who can't accept other people having an opinion, since you're the one getting insulting over a difference in opinion. If that's all you are gonna do, there is no point in me trying to be civil and intelligent about this.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's funny to me that some people act like Zelda U will be the best thing in the universe and it will "save" everything.
Nintendo and the NX will need a lot more than that, honestly.

About the Direct, one of the things that surprised me a lot was the Hyrule Warriors Legends DLC, they made new characters for a port and now DLC.
That makes me hopeful for the next Smash (if it is a port).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All I know about Rosalina is someone in here keeps trying to ship her with her father.

Luigi is not into that kind of stuff man

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Looks like Bandana Dee is not in Robobot...

My hype levels are decreasing fast.
But you still get the amiibo you wanted. Sure, it isn't wearing the blue bandana or holding a spear but it's still Waddle Dee. They wouldn't make an amiibo for a generic enemy. I think the Waddle Dee amiibo will be related to Bandana Dee just like the Toad amiibo is related to Captain Toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom