• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Im sorry, but how is stuff like Elise kissing Sonic a good vision? Let alone all of the other dumb ideas the game had? (Eggman's horrible redesign for instance, or the boring as hell hub that had little to no reason to be there, the art direction of super cartoony animals in a "realistic" environment, etc)

Even if Sonic 06 wasn't a buggy mess, it would still be mostly bad.
Please, don't compare Sticker Star to THAT.
Sonic '06 was in essence, a true successor to the original Sonic Adventure. Meaning it had a truly great concept.

Also please don't overblow the kiss. I didn't like it either, but all she did was smooch him on the cheek. People do that to animals all the time IRL, and they aren't even anthro.

Elise being so obsessive over Sonic in the ending was the only truly bothersome part of their relationship, other than that it was just bland and unnecessary nothing to write home about.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still can't believe Ganondorf is now the only character to have a Toon originated design to be de-Tooned.

Dat Wind Waker Hyrule Warirors outfit is super badass

D

Deleted member

Um.

Why do multiple "leaks" and some picture of a plush toy from Mexico all involve the coconut head koala?

Is there something I missed?
Silly Coricus, everyone know that coconuts and koalas are extremely common in Hawaii so of course GF would combine them to make a Pokemon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
An ordinary koala with its head replaced with a coconut...

Gee, how original!
Watch it be real to lol.
Um.

Why do multiple "leaks" and some picture of a plush toy from Mexico all involve the coconut head koala?

Is there something I missed?
I don't really know, it seems to be the new thing they are latching onto.

Oh and it gets better, here is their thread dedicated to proving a leak that had a character be able to be straight or gay based on choices you make.

And it actually makes sense in the weirdest way possible...

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25431981/its-time-boys-you-got-my-dong-expansions-ready

Oh and Badge arcade is giving away 2 free plays each day till the 9th!

It's to celebrate 1 million downloads!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I honestly believe that the TRUE reason as to why they are releasing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE with Subs is because they would take a long time to dub the game with professional english voice actors.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Silly Coricus, everyone know that coconuts and koalas are extremely common in Hawaii so of course GF would combine them to make a Pokemon!
Coconuts, sure.

Koalas. . .that's just a popular suggestion for an unused animal that got tacked on there.

I'm just having a hard time grasping why THIS is what people are latching onto. Are you really THIS desperate for a koala, fandom?

The answer is apparently yes.

Also that thing's eyes are soulless and it burns.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Now see, I could wait longer like people always say, and see if anything actually changes from the blatantly obvious Sticker Star problems Bill talked about like a GOOD thing in that trailer, but...

Also my favorite game of all time is nearly 12 years old. God man...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

here is their thread dedicated to proving a leak that had a character be able to be straight or gay based on choices you make.
Because what Pokemon clearly needs is pointless romance
After the horse game though, I'm almost sure GF and Intelligent Systems share ideas so I wouldn't be surprised

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I honestly believe that the TRUE reason as to why they are releasing Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is beign released with Subs is because they would take a long time to dub the game with professional english voice actors.
Either that or people would complain it's not "true Japanese". Which I would not be surprised.

Because what Pokemkn clearly needs is pointless romance
You say that, but some would say otherwise.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Screenshot_2016-03-04-01-23-04.png

I feel ya Shigsy.

I feel ya.

Also
>Nintendo officially partnering with Game Theory while his terrible Rosalina theory is still a thing

Actual sin.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Sticker Star is the only Paper Mario game I haven't played if you don't count count the mix/crossover-thing that is Paper Jam.

I don't have an opinion on it myself as a result, but I know that for the most part it was pretty poorly-received. So the fact that they're apparently going with a similar formula for Color Splash surprises me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's happening.
This is a once in a lifetime event.
This looks beautiful!
And Ryu the cat is puuurrrrfffeccct!
Because what Pokemon clearly needs is pointless romance
After the horse game though, I'm almost sure GF and Intelligent Systems share ideas so I wouldn't be surprised
If I remember correctly it does not involve romance. I think I posted the leak here, let me see.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I just remembered.

Project Guard became Star Fox related in the end... but whatever happened to that giant robot game?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, guys anything new?

Nothing, apparently
I wasn't bashing so much as I was making a joke about the look on Shigsy's face.

The comment about his Rosalina theory isn't bashing, it's objectively true. It's terrible and wrong as it flat out ignores facts and makes stuff up to make it's point. Even for Game Theory standards, that's bad.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
View attachment 99164

I feel ya Shigsy.

I feel ya.

Also
>Nintendo officially partnering with Game Theory while his terrible Rosalina theory is still a thing

Actual sin.
Game Theory haters are worse than the fans.

He makes solid content. Well researched. It doesnt matter if he's right.

Matpat is also ridiculously nice and kind. He gets too much hate. Its ridiculous.

I know I posted this in my little briefing but i'm saying it again.

What the **** happened to beltino?
This is Slippy's dad from Asualt (and apparently commnad?)

Krystal being MIA from this world makes sense from the time period.

But why did they need to invent a new character (related to slippy nonetheless) when they had a character they could already bring back that fits the role just fine?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
By the way (Yes, Still on about this) The Japanese Direct confirmed that enemies only give you coins. Again.

MEANING BATTLES ARE ****ING WORTHLESS. AGAIN.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Hearing all the negativity about Sticker Star makes me sad for the unopened copy in my desk.

Also, it's really cool Nintendo is publishing Shovel Knight. Yacht Club is a very small dev so that's huge for them. I take it we can expect a Shovel Knight Mario Maker costume sometime in the future.

D

Deleted member

This looks beautiful!
And Ryu the cat is puuurrrrfffeccct!

If I remember correctly it does not involve romance. I think I posted the leak here, let me see.
What's the point then?
It's like having to choose between a blue or red shirt but never wearing any of them

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I didn't like sticker star so I'm not getting the sequel

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Kinda weird how Nintendo is releasing games that are questionable to their respective fanbases (Federation Force and Colour Splash). If I didn't know any better, i'd think that Nintendo was trying to kill off these series by getting their fans to hate the series so they won't bug them to make a new game.

My conspiracy theorist thoughts aside, this is the type of thing that makes me shake my head as to what Niny was thinking doing this. I'm just hoping that if a new Golden Sun or F-Zero game were revealed it wouldn't have the same kind of impact. GS especially that already had a game that was questionable to some (DD).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What's the point then?
It's like having to choose between a blue or red shirt but never wearing any of them
There was a lot of explanation for it, but I didn't post it here. So I sadly an't remember. It will probably show up again soon though.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Hearing all the negativity about Sticker Star makes me sad for the unopened copy in my desk.
To me, it's not as bad as some people make it out to be, even though it's not what we expect of a Paper Mario game. But you never really know if you like a game or not if you don't try it(in most cases anyway).

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Amidst all the rage, we forgot something important.

With SMD64's leak being legit, we can expect the NX by the end of the year.

As well as Zelda NX.

Get your wallets ready.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I don't think anyone ever pronounced that properly.

Hell it seems like the entire cast of Bravely Default mispronounced Edea's name :troll:
The joke here is they changed a main character's name pronunciation in Bravely Second for some reason
But...but they call her by name in the original so often it's not even funny! How can you not pronounce it correctly if you've played the game?!

And don't say playing without sound, because that is a game you don't play without sound!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Game Theory haters are worse than the fans.

He makes solid content. Well researched. It doesnt matter if he's right.

Matpat is also ridiculously nice and kind. He gets too much hate. Its ridiculous.
Did you even read my response to the other person?

I don't like Game Theory, and generally don't hate them.

I only hate them when their theories actively mess up fandoms more than they have any right too. Which happens sometimes.

And no, his stuff is not well researched. It's easy to say that when you passively watch it and just take his word for it, but when you sit down and look at what he is talking about, especially when you are a fan who researches the same thing he claims to be researching, his stuff completely falls apart.

Like I can legitimately prove his entire Rosalina theory wrong with a single line from Galaxy. It has a TON of flaws and things I can call bull**** on (and I have done in this thread), but a single line from the game is all I need. That's how poor his research is. Sciency-wiency techno babble means nothing without substance. And a basic understanding of the plot points of a Mario game, of all things.

As for MatPat himself, I've heard some pretty bad things about him, but that's irrelevant to my opinion of his content. He has a huge ego though, that's evident from his theories and how he reacts to them being proven wrong by an actual creator of the game he is covering, for example.

I have more than enough constructive reason for not liking MatPat and his content, but I honestly was just making a friendly joke.

Last edited:
But...but they call her by name in the original so often it's not even funny! How can you not pronounce it correctly if you've played the game?!

And don't say playing without sound, because that is a game you don't play without sound!
*Pronounced it right the first time
my b
If you mean Edea then no clue. Why change a cahracter's name pronunciation is beyond me

Also Dr Kirby. Neat

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Amidst all the rage, we forgot something important.

With SMD64's leak being legit, we can expect the NX by the end of the year.

As well as Zelda NX.

Get your wallets ready.
One thing bothers me though.

Why was RH MM absent on that list? Was it because it had no concrete release date yet?

EDIT:
TheJWittz just uploaded this.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just woke up and finished watching it, so quick thoughts:

Star Fox - About the same as before, good to see there's no delay. Katt, she's from Star Fox 2? No love for the Falco amiibo?

Mario & Sonic - Jesus will be in a Mario/Sonic game. The game looks good visually, but the models look stiff. Rosalina fans are probably going nuts over her short shorts.

#FE - Nice to have an official name, but I still can't tell what the heck is going on. Still way too otaku for my tastes.

Mario Maker - Levels are going to be even more hellish than before thanks to keys. How can things get harder than Expert mode and it's instant death traps/awful designs? O_O

Lost Reavers - Looks kind of basic, but worth checking out.

Paper Mario - I love the visuals, but the battle system is making me wary/lost potential?

Amiibo - Don't care, give me Cloud/Corrin/Bayonetta so I can finish my collection.

Virtual Console - Why only New 3DS? You don't like money Nintendo? Perfect Pixel mode sounds awesome.

Pocket Card Jockey - Surprised to see this is getting a release before Tembo.

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 - The new character seems to be the Axl archtype.

Hyrule Warriors - Way too much info all at once.

Disney Art Academy - Good to see a crossover, but I don't care. Give me Mario x Mickey already.

Monster Hunter - Don't care, but they seem to be handling it well. Glad to see Marth instead of Chrom/Corrin/etc.

Metroid Prime - Don't care beyond the reactions of Metroid fans.

Rhythm Heaven - Probably won't get but it's nice to see it get some love and the GBA original mini-games get an overseas release.

Kirby - Looks interesting, wasn't expecting a new amiibo line from it. Awesome to see Smash Kirby again.

7.5/10 IMO. Glad to see the leak didn't spoil everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom