• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Amidst all the rage, we forgot something important.

With SMD64's leak being legit, we can expect the NX by the end of the year.

As well as Zelda NX.

Get your wallets ready.
Honestly, E3 and the NX is what can really save my interest in Nintendo stuff right now. E3 really needs to deliver this year.

Amidst all the rage, we forgot something important.

With SMD64's leak being legit, we can expect the NX by the end of the year.

As well as Zelda NX.

Get your wallets ready.
I didn't forget. ;)

I've been questioning this since Sun and Moon
Just woke up and finished watching it, so quick thoughts:

Star Fox - About the same as before, good to see there's no delay. Katt, she's from Star Fox 2? No love for the Falco amiibo?

Mario & Sonic - Jesus will be in a Mario/Sonic game. The game looks good visually, but the models look stiff. Rosalina fans are probably going nuts over her short shorts.

#FE - Nice to have an official name, but I still can't tell what the heck is going on. Still way too otaku for my tastes.

Mario Maker - Levels are going to be even more hellish than before thanks to keys. How can things get harder than Expert mode and it's instant death traps/awful designs? O_O

Lost Reavers - Looks kind of basic, but worth checking out.

Paper Mario - I love the visuals, but the battle system is making me wary/lost potential?

Amiibo - Don't care, give me Cloud/Corrin/Bayonetta so I can finish my collection.

Virtual Console - Why only New 3DS? You don't like money Nintendo? Perfect Pixel mode sounds awesome.

Pocket Card Jockey - Surprised to see this is getting a release before Tembo.

Azure Striker Gunvolt 2 - The new character seems to be the Axl archtype.

Hyrule Warriors - Way too much info all at once.

Disney Art Academy - Good to see a crossover, but I don't care. Give me Mario x Mickey already.

Monster Hunter - Don't care, but they seem to be handling it well. Glad to see Marth instead of Chrom/Corrin/etc.

Metroid Prime - Don't care beyond the reactions of Metroid fans.

Rhythm Heaven - Probably won't get but it's nice to see it get some love and the GBA original mini-games get an overseas release.

Kirby - Looks interesting, wasn't expecting a new amiibo line from it. Awesome to see Smash Kirby again.

7.5/10 IMO. Glad to see the leak didn't spoil everything.
Katt was in Star fox 64 and command

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
One thing bothers me though.

Why was RH MM absent on that list? Was it because it had no concrete release date yet?

EDIT:
TheJWittz just uploaded this.
That might be it. Everything else that got revealed from the list had a specific release window, but not RH.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Honestly I know why they didn't say it but I wish they just said they didn't redub because it wasn't worth it. It's going to flop like it did In Japan.

#FE, I mean.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This is bothering me more than it should.

They updated Meta Knight's design to resemble his newest Smash look, despite not doing so after Brawl. This is good, I like his new look. But Dedede still hasn't been updated, he looks so out of place next to Meta Knight now. HAL please, my OCD.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So I was on a couple outings today and during that time I finally got Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Putting it lightly when I say that I'm very happy now. :p

BananaBake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aardvark001
3DS FC
2853-0928-1374
Please avoid double posting. Use the edit button instead.
Did you even read my response to the other person?

I don't like Game Theory, and generally don't hate them.

I only hate them when their theories actively mess up fandoms more than they have any right too. Which happens sometimes.

And no, his stuff is not well researched. It's easy to say that when you passively watch it and just take his word for it, but when you sit down and look at what he is talking about, especially when you are a fan who researches the same thing he claims to be researching, his stuff completely falls apart.

Like I can legitimately prove his entire Rosalina theory wrong with a single line from Galaxy. It has a TON of flaws and things I can call bull**** on (and I have done in this thread), but a single line from the game is all I need. That's how poor his research is. Sciency-wiency techno babble means nothing without substance. And a basic understanding of the plot points of a Mario game, of all things.

As for MatPat himself, I've heard some pretty bad things about him, but that's irrelevant to my opinion of his content. He has a huge ego though, that's evident from his theories and how he reacts to them being proven wrong by an actual creator of the game he is covering, for example.

I have more than enough constructive reason for not liking MatPat and his content, but I honestly was just making a friendly joke.
What is this said line that apparently rips this theory apart? Also, If you say that you can demolish his research if you look hard enough, than why don't you make your own channel with 5 Million plus subscribers?

So I was on a couple outings today and during that time I finally got Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Putting it lightly when I say that I'm very happy now. :p
As you should be. I only bought it because my sister wanted to play with me, but now I don't mind playing without her

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Let's say there's 3 more HW characters. Who could they be?

Groose, Naburoo and Vaati perhaps?
I would like for Vaati to make a return, but things aren't looking that bright for him. It's like Nintendo is slowly trying to forget the about the poor Wind Mage.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's weird to me how the Waddle Dee amiibo gives Kirby Bandana Dee's bandana but instead of the spear ability, it gives the parasol ability.
Oh well, more moveset potential for Bandana Dee, I think.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So Nintendo posted another trailer for Star Fox Zero.

And Fox's voice sounds like a million times better than it does in Smash 4. Despite it being the same guy.

What the hell happened?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

And Fox's voice sounds like a million times better than it does in Smash 4. Despite it being the same guy.

What the hell happened?
He got over his cold?

I remember him being quite upset over the backlash of his voice, probably tried really hard this time.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I know I said I'd stop talking about this, but this doesn't really just apply to just Paper Mario.

Why is it that Nintendo is determined to make me hate Toad?

He went from an identifiable character to an excuse to suck any creativity out of a game. Nothing but Toad NPCs in the RPGs, NSMB is Mario Luigi and TOADS, Toads are always handling any big event... I mean Captain Toad is an exception, but seriously, I like the little guy, why do they want me to think otherwise...?
The funny thing is that's exactly why the Lonely Goomba hates him. :troll:

Still no worse than hating Mario because no one plays as him (Or that he's boring).

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Watching the direct during study period at school is tough yo.

Don't want the teachers catching me out.

Also, imagine having the Ryu amiibo compatible with the Kirby game
I'm more excited for the "smash" ability coming back. I'm glad I nabbed my Kirby before they all sold out everywhere... forever.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The funny thing is that's exactly why the Lonely Goomba hates him. :troll:

Still no worse than hating Mario because no one plays as him (Or that he's boring).
Or Waluigi because of Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix.

And I wish I was bloody joking about that last part.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

What the hell happened?
Puberty?

and those kirby amiibos are good. I'll probably get of them if they stay in stock.

Also as part of the celebration, Badge Arcade brought back all the catchers they describe as being most popular.

So it's either most played, or brought with real money. There' a good selection, mario maker, pokemon, majora's mask, toon zelda, etc.

With the many free plays, you can grab some great badges easily!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New voice is definitely nice. I dont think anything will beat Assault's voices though. All perfect for me.

A somewhat competent transparent Dr. Kirby. Go nuts
The doctor will see you now!

( I really like this new ability)
EDIT:
And thanks for this!

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
All I want is Groose. Even if he's the only DLC character I don't care. The Groose needs to be loose.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Everytime I see a Kirby game I think:
"Why is Kirby so generic in Smash?"

Seriously, so much potential wasted.

I'm starting to think that about all the veterans actually. Specially after all the gimmicky Smash 4 newcomers.

You have someone like Rosalina, Robin or Bayonetta and then someone like Donkey Kong just using his gorilla hands, lol he even has a headbutt as a Special Attack.

I hope Nintendo fixes that in the next game.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Here are my thoughts on the games covered today. If I didn't include the game it's mean I have pretty much nothing to say about it and I won't be picking it up:

Starfox Zero: Each time this game gets shown it looks better than the last time, which is promising, but tbh it still leaves a lot to be desired as far as a console SF game in 2016. Overall it looks rather basic and somehow it already seems aged. Add the mandatory motion controls and the lack of online options and it seems rather meh. It will be very surprising if this game doesn't prove to be fairly forgettable, which is a shame. I just hope Nintendo doesn't hinge future iterations on this title, because they made a lot of bad decisions in its production as far as I'm concerned. I guess the SNES Arwing was cool though.

Starfox Mouth Guard: Grippy Toad. GRIPPY TOAD. What else is there to say, really?
Actually I can say that it's weird this just wasn't worked into SFZ when that game already seems to be pretty barebones.

Tokyo Magical Mystical Super Sessions Sharp and Flat FE: Normally I like Japanese-y games, like TWEWY or Okami or things like that, but it's probably because this deviated so far from what I wanted out of an FExSMT crossover that I'm just not feeling it at all. Plus the name is really weird. If they had just presented this one has a new IP from Nintendo and Atlus I'd probably be much more behind it.

Hyrule Pseudo-Legendaries: This one's really swinging for the fences, hey? Medli I don't care so much about, but the fact that it's still getting new characters like two years later is impressive. We already got Skull Kid, so at this point I don't really care who we get, but you go Nintendo. Get it.
I suppose Veran and Onox would be neat. Don't imagine that's gonna happen though.

Mario's Tired Crew & Sonic's ****ty Friends go to Brazil: I hear people say lots of folks still like this series, and I guess they sell enough to continue being made, but I've never met anyone who still gets excited for these, and the last time I cared about this series is when they went to Vancouver, and that's only because it was Vancouver.

Paper Mario Sticker Star 2: I kid, I kid. The game looks gorgeous, but it seems to be taking a page out of SS's playbook, and mixed with Nintendo basically shying away from showcasing this one makes me pretty worried for how its gonna turn out. I don't understand why they didn't just go with the partner system of old, but I'm going to hold off judging this game until I see more of it.

Pokken: So are we done getting new characters? Seems like it. Either way, one of the only games I'm still looking forward to.

Lost Reavers: When this game showed up on the leaked list I had to check what it was, I totally forgot this was still a thing. It looks ok (not really but good enough)... I kind of wonder why it's a thing. I can't imagine anyone has particularly high hopes for this one.

Federation Force: I'll just paste this from earlier.
If they had put it on the Wii U and given it more typical Metroid aesthetics I'm sure a lot more people would be singing a different tune about it. I don't understand why they made it for the 3ds in the first place tbh. It might be cheaper to develop for, and NLG does have 3ds experience, but Samus or no Samus, a team-based 3d shooter with Metroid branding makes so much more sense as a console title than a portable one. Not even mentioning the fact that the Wii U has been in more dire need of games than the 3ds pretty much since it launched.

FF is at its core a solid idea wrapped in a bunch of questionable, even poor development and design decisions.
Other than that it looks fine. I'm sure it'll be decent, but again there were just too many strange decisions for this game that I believe in the end were detrimental.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix: Looking forward to this one. I've never played a RH game, but I've been meaning to. I'll pick this one up, seems to be a "best of" which is neat. Glad it got localized, for a little while I was worried.

Kirby wanted to be in XCX: It looks fine. There are only so many times you can replicate Kirby before the gimmicks get overly-gimmicky, but this one looks solid I guess. I like how the suit gets powered-up, but Kirby riding around in a mech just seems... not very Kirby-ish. I don't think I'm going to pick this one up, but I imagine the game will be fun enough. And btw, Fire Kirby is not a "Mario powerup", it's just Fire Kirby. He's been doing that since like 1993. I thought it was going to be Kirby in a Mario hat. :/

Overall this Direct was still pretty good. I may not be looking forward to many of these games, but given their 2016 Wii U and 3DS slate, and all the leaks as of late, they still managed to pack a lot of stuff into this one, had a lot of release dates, had a decent amount of new info, and even some surprises.

That said, E3 can't get here soon enough lol. Getting a bit tired of spin-offs and scraps.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Did you even read my response to the other person?

I don't like Game Theory, and generally don't hate them.

I only hate them when their theories actively mess up fandoms more than they have any right too. Which happens sometimes.

And no, his stuff is not well researched. It's easy to say that when you passively watch it and just take his word for it, but when you sit down and look at what he is talking about, especially when you are a fan who researches the same thing he claims to be researching, his stuff completely falls apart.

Like I can legitimately prove his entire Rosalina theory wrong with a single line from Galaxy. It has a TON of flaws and things I can call bull**** on (and I have done in this thread), but a single line from the game is all I need. That's how poor his research is. Sciency-wiency techno babble means nothing without substance. And a basic understanding of the plot points of a Mario game, of all things.

As for MatPat himself, I've heard some pretty bad things about him, but that's irrelevant to my opinion of his content. He has a huge ego though, that's evident from his theories and how he reacts to them being proven wrong by an actual creator of the game he is covering, for example.

I have more than enough constructive reason for not liking MatPat and his content, but I honestly was just making a friendly joke.
You take **** way too seriously. It's all for fun. It's a "theory". It's not fact. He's not hurting you. You're the one taking it way too seriously.

How has his Rosalina theory hurt you. You sound so personally harmed and affected by it.

Some of his stuff is really damn solid and can be taken seriously. It's up to the person to decide whether or not it's solid. I'm sorry that people like the Rosalina theory? You don't? Fine. Deal with it.

He's an online personality. It's easy for you to to **** on the guy (you'll say you aren't, but you're calling the content bad and suggesting he's way to egotistical) when he's the one in the spotlight and you're not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Diskun is apparently a Mario Maker costume. It was shown off in the Japanese Direct it seems!

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Playing through Pokemon Yellow again.

People give Gen 1 so much ****. Yes the new games are more solid. But damn, can you really blame someone for liking the 1st gen the best if the games were so ****ing good for their time?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Since many people seem dissatisfied by the Direct, I think we should all take time to list what games we would actually like to see instead of the current content that many are clearly dissatisfied with.

Personally I would be most interested in a Kid Icarus:Uprising sequel, but I understand due to the selection of certain characters in Smash 4 and the general indifference many have towards the series that this is not even remotely a unanimous opinion.

I understand many of you likely have entire lists of games you would like to see, so I would greatly appreciate it if you took the time to share them.

Since many people seem dissatisfied by the Direct, I think we should all take time to list what games we would actually like to see instead of the current content that many are clearly dissatisfied with.

Personally I would be most interested in a Kid Icarus:Uprising sequel, but I understand due to the selection of certain characters in Smash 4 and the general indifference many have towards the series that this is not even remotely a unanimous opinion.

I understand many of you likely have entire lists of games you would like to see, so I would greatly appreciate it if you took the time to share them.
I enjoyed the direct can I still play?

Kid Icarus (2D or 3D i dont care)
A non-spinoff Metroid (I like Fed Force but I would be lying if I said I prefer it to a mainline game not named Another M)
Wonderful 102
Elite Beat Agents 2
A paper Mario RPG like 64 TTYD
Mother 3
FF7r on NX

so yeah things that are 90% illogical :p

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Personally with a new system right around the corner, I didn't really expect much out of the direct. Even the main systems sellers for Wii U that are out are now completely done with DLC or just getting generic patch DLC with extra content.

NX will probably blow the doors off new Nintendo content at E3.

Personally with a new system right around the corner, I didn't really expect much out of the direct. Even the main systems sellers for Wii U that are out are now completely done with DLC or just getting generic patch DLC with extra content.

NX will probably blow the doors off new Nintendo content at E3.
This is what i've been thinking and why I am not too mad why it seems like we are in a drought.

It seems like nearly everything is being moved to make NX have an actual game library on release.

And with my backlog being big anyway (Bravely Second and Fates will keep me occupied for quite a while) I will take a "drought" if it means the NX will be getting plenty of games, 1st and 3rd party.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
This E3 has the potential to be one of Nintendo's best ones ever.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Popped back for my reactions to things.

Got bingo.
#FE not getting a dub may be one of the things that push me off of getting the game.
SCREW YOU LEAK WE /ARE/ GETTING RH:TB+
MEDLI CRASHES ON THE SCENE.
I am demanding Gundam Wing x Kirby art now.
ALSO A KIRBY RPG SYSTEM BUT STILL A KIRBY GAME?! THIS IS BETTER THAN KIRBY THE FIGHTERS
WHERE IS PIKMIN 4, MIYAMOTO?!

Also I officially renounced the Paper Mario series.

Let's say there's 3 more HW characters. Who could they be?

Groose, Naburoo and Vaati perhaps?
Personally? I want Malon, Saria, and
I didn't forget. ;)

I've been questioning this since Sun and Moon

Katt was in Star fox 64 and command

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Or the worst which is a terrifying thought.

How did I forget to post this?

A seemingly low audio version of Kibry Robot's opening
This looks really nice! Seems like bandanna dee isn't in it sadly :(
A story trailer for Bravely Second. Even if you don't give a **** about bravely skip to 1:28

Also Bravely Default Spoilers.

His smile and optimism. Gone

This is actually hilarious purely because of how few ****s he seems to give.
He's like:

"Pfft, I've got this! We sold this game in Japan, and then America! Now it's time for me to give it my all and sell it in Europe! It prints money!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom