• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But you still get the amiibo you wanted. Sure, it isn't wearing the blue bandana or holding a spear but it's still Waddle Dee. They wouldn't make an amiibo for a generic enemy. I think the Waddle Dee amiibo will be related to Bandana Dee just like the Toad amiibo is related to Captain Toad.
First of all, using the Waddle Dee amiibo makes Kirby get the bandana and the Parasol ability
Second, because it gives Parasol instead of Spear, I believe the Spear ability will be cut in Planet Robobot

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Bandana Dee showed up with Dedede and MK in Kirby's stone power. Regardless of if he himself shows up in this game or not, clearly HAL still thinks he's worth noting.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I could see something like the NX having it's own exclusive Direct in either April or May that outlines everything about the console and stuff so that they won't have to talk about the hardware itself during E3. They could also give the console a launch date in that hypothetical Direct. Then when the Digital event rolls around, we would see the mass influx of Nintendo NX launch titles and big 3DS titles being revealed that really make the event special. Would be ideal if the Wii U is done with all it's games being revealed.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Look at it this way, it's not like a Bandana Dee custom would be hard to make.
Just mold some blue clay on the head and viola. It's so easy even I could probably do it.

No I couldn't...

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Nintendo should seriously consider a Meta Knight stand alone game. Just make it a hard version of Kirby - and less cutesy. The Sword moveset in Triple Deluxe is super fun, and you can easily add different sword or whatever.

I'd buy it.

Hire me Nintendo.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG, from the GT Special with Miyamoto

I was born the same year as Matpat

He's got a popular youtube show, has met with Miyamoto, and is married to a beautiful girl

What am I doing with my life!!?!

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

He's got a popular youtube show, has met with Miyamoto, and is married to a beautiful girl

Comparing yourself to others based on age is a terrible way to judge your 'success'.

You have no idea what the circumstances of his life are, only a perceived personality.

Also he would probably look at aspects of your life and be equally jealous.

Also you are beautiful no matter what they say, words wont bring you down, oh no. So dont you bring me down todayyyyy. (I hope you understand that awful reference)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

You think that's bad, I'm five years older than Malala Yousafzai, and I haven't even gotten one stinking Nobel Peace Prize yet!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
KIRBY AND RHYTHM HEAVEN HYPE GUYS. :kirby:
I'm seriously hyped for both.

I hope Color Splash has a good story though. The battle mechanics look tacky.

That's a pretty depressing way to think about it. I mean, if you use it a source of inspiration, then it's alright. But if you're going to brood over it, don't bother yourself. Measure yourself with what you have done, or if you must, with others under similar circumstances.

:231:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Well, I enjoyed most of the Direct. Once again, I got to save up for some of those games.

Kirby Planet Robobot looks interesting. I still need to pick up Kirby Triple Deluxe though.

Paper Mario Color Splash looks very nice. I'm most interested in the story and how it's going to play. I hope it is at least as good as Sticker Star (didn't really like Super Paper Mario... literally bored me to sleep that I actually stopped playing and took a nap).

Hyrule Warriors Legends... of course I'm going to get it. I enjoyed the Wii U game for sure. Can't wait to play as Toon Link, Skull Kid, Tetra, King of Hyrule, Linkle, and now Medli, too. I am happy we are getting many Toon characters.

Mini Mario & Friends amiibo Challenge looks interesting. We finally have Mini Rosalina, Mini Yoshi, Mini Bowser, Mini Bowser Jr., and Mini Diddy Kong toys. And I like that they all have unique abilities. From the looks of it, it seems the gameplay might be more like the original Mario vs. Donkey Kong for the GBA. But will I definitely buy it? That remains to be seen.
That Mini Mario game is free, either by code with the purchase of an amiibo or later for free on the eshop.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Since many people seem dissatisfied by the Direct, I think we should all take time to list what games we would actually like to see instead of the current content that many are clearly dissatisfied with.

Personally I would be most interested in a Kid Icarus:Uprising sequel, but I understand due to the selection of certain characters in Smash 4 and the general indifference many have towards the series that this is not even remotely a unanimous opinion.

I understand many of you likely have entire lists of games you would like to see, so I would greatly appreciate it if you took the time to share them.
A proper Metroid.
A proper Paper Mario game.
A Kirby game that isn't a rehash with Mecha.
An F-Zero game
A Star Fox game that doesn't force gimmicks and isn't a rehash of 64.
An SMT x FE game that actually crosses them over.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
A proper Metroid.
An F-Zero game
Oh dear...

Pray the NX is your savior...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
A proper Metroid.
An F-Zero game
This is less of a wish list and more of a "up yours."

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Obligatory Boss Fight are now a thing in SMM...
Well, it seem that my Dracula Castle level will have to wait.
Also, probably some of my old level are going to be remade with the new asset.
And, thank god, it is finally possible to check where people die exactly AND in the subarea.
Bravo Nintendo, just, bravo.
Still, Super Expert mode can go to hell for me.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Don't know if this was posted already, but here's some info on Kirby Planet Robobot:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/kirby-planet-robobot-3ds

Meta Knightmare mode returns, ESP and Poison abilities, as well as some type of 3D mode. No idea what that's gonna be like...
ESP? Poison? All we need are Dark, Dragon, and Fairy, then he'll have a Copy Ability for every single Pokémon type.

I'm surprised nobody's been hating on how "Robobot" sounds like some cheap Transformers rip-off, and they went with it instead of something cool like "Synthax".

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Am I the only one who wasn't hyped in the direct at anything they announced? After smash is done I think I won't be hyped at anything anymore... Unless if there is a perfect game that I wanted But Star fox zero looks really cool and I would like to try it.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm watching the final boss fight of TP HD and holy crap, they really reused :4link:&:4ganondorf:'s soundclips for Brawl and Smash 4.

It's like if you close your eyes, you would probably imagine someone playing Smash and I didn't know Dorf had his Sparta Kick in the boss fight.

Huh, the more you know

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just waiting for my GameStop to open (10 am) for Twilight Princess

And I'm very interested in dat Dr. Kirby in the new game. Maybe when the game is out, Dr Kirby can give me new ideas for my :4drmario: sprite project.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Whatever helps you sleep at Night.
Well he's not WRONG.

At any rate, you should probably define further what specific Kirby and Star Fox titles you want those series to stay closest to in style. The matter of Paper Mario and Metroid has been established countless times, but the Kirby and Star Fox series haven't really been addressed all that much before and any vagueness just makes it that much harder to pinpoint what specifically is wrong.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
All the salt everwhere I go, I'm gonna get blood pressure problems man.

The more I think about it, the more hyped I get for Star Fox. I love 64 and this seems like a worthy successor.

Staarih

Smash Master
Oh man, Paper Mario Color Splash looks gorgeous aesthetically. I find the color/paint theme quite interesting and cute actually, but of course I'd hope for more traditional Paper Mario elements too (actual partners pleaseee). Still looking forward to it and was the most interesting thing to me in the Direct:)

Shovel Knight is also releasing in Japan in the summer, finally. I am super eager to see how it is received there.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I usually don't post here but I just wanted to check on you guys because I heard the direct reactions weren't very positive...

Is that true?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I wasn't particularly dissapointed with the Direct myself but perhaps that's mainly because I'm not expecting any big bomb shells to drop before E3, after last year's dissapointment I feel like they're saving all the big stuff up for one big bang this year. I'm expecting Zelda U to be the last huge title for the Wii U, and I wouldn't be surprised if it does like TP and also gets an NX port, any other huge titles they might be developing I'm fairly certain will be on the NX as they absolutely have to give it a fantastic launch lineup if they want it to be successful, they simply can't make the same mistake that they did with the Wii U.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
One thing I just want to say is that there is a positive aspect of the new Paper Mario that was overlooked...

The soundtrack sounds amazing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I usually don't post here but I just wanted to check on you guys because I heard the direct reactions weren't very positive...

Is that true?
The reactions to it across the board seem pretty mixed.

I personally was disappointed by certain elements of the direct (or maybe it's more correct to say certain elements of the game's shown) but overall, I actually thought it was fairly solid and they certainly dropped some bigger bombs than I was expecting.

Last edited:
One thing I just want to say is that there is a positive aspect of the new Paper Mario that was overlooked...

The soundtrack sounds amazing.
It's about 50/50

A lot of people got dissapointed because most of it was leaked. The rest either just weren't interested in what was shown or are really really against sticker star 2.

There are plenty of other people who enjoyed it (like myself) though.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The reactions to it across the board seem pretty mixed.

I personally was disappointed by certain elements of the direct (or maybe it's more correct to say certain elements of the game's shown) but overall, I actually thought it was fairly solid and they certainly dropped some bigger bombs than I was expecting.
I thought there were good and bad things, Medli looks cool, Fed Force getting an explaination was great, Kirby looks awesome, Gunvolt 2 looks excellent...

But things that disapointed me were things like #FE not having an English voice track and Nintendo's new membership program...
Also R.I.P. Bandana Waddle Dee?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm all giddy now that I got my pre-order for TPHD!!! Wolf Link amiibo looks even better in person!!

But I can't play till I'm done work /sadface...

Can't wait though :)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Meanwhile, on Twitter.

I don't agree with judging games this early, but I've begun to enjoy it when the internet is allowed to run with something. :laugh:

Going off the point for a second, I never did get why that noose was there.
They're made of paper, so how is one hanged when everyone is a 2D cut-out? They can easily slip out of it.

I'm just saying it doesn't look like an effective execution technique.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They're made of paper, so how is one hanged when everyone is a 2D cut-out? They can easily slip out of it.

I have a few theories, but I don't think I should share those. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The reason there is a a rung there is because it's-a Mario's trap-a card, woohoo!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

It's simple. They hang multiple people at once. Like in paper jam, they pull them together into one person, then they efficiently hang all of them at once.
If you didn't care to read my color splash review, this is a very good summary :)

I love it!
This is hilarious! I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom