• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Since many people seem dissatisfied by the Direct, I think we should all take time to list what games we would actually like to see instead of the current content that many are clearly dissatisfied with.

I understand many of you likely have entire lists of games you would like to see, so I would greatly appreciate it if you took the time to share them.
I thopught the direct was mostly fine.
It's just that "Paper Mario" Color splash was such trash it casts a shadow on the whole thing. I'm really excited for Robobot.
But I do have some ideas:

A real Paper Mario game.
People have been wanting a new F-Zero game, lets give em that.
A real Paper Mario game.
Pokemon Go info.
A more traditional metroid game.
A real Paper Mario game.
New Mario Kart DLC.
NX tidbits.
A new Custom Robo game.
A real Paper Mario game.
A real Paper Mario game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So it's okay for Starfox to rehash but not Kirby?

They're not possible to be fixed, and it's not worth spending budget trying to fix it. Put it to what people actually buy the game for.
No. Because having a mech with it's own control scheme and method of playing would already make it different enough to the one other rails shooter on the market. We're talking controls. All you need is the left stick to move, right stick to aim and buttons for bombs, transform, lasers, boost and all those other tricks for the on-rails segments. No need for silly control gimmicks that worsen the gameplay.

"They're not possible to be fixed"
Oh have you tried? No? Thought not. Multiplayer extends a game's life just that little bit more. You want to boast about features then multiplayer is a good one. Lacking it after having SF643D launch with it is ass backwards.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
always?

Could have sworn she was part of the federation at one point (before any game to my knowledge)
Well...by always I meant in the games, Other M and the Manga confirmed she was once part of the Federation before departing...which occurred before the events of Metroid Zero Mission...

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
always?

Could have sworn she was part of the federation at one point (before any game to my knowledge)
Yeah I think that was in the Manga and Other M. Only natural no one knows then.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
And now back to 4chan "Leaks" Pokemon Sun and Moon info again! On this episode,

STARTERS FIGHT BACK!
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25440415
This one's my favorite because of it's google translate:

View attachment 99232

This one's ok, but it's weird:
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25440688/leak

I love the looks of these though, but they are probably fake:

They come from a thread I can't link, because it's got a bad word in the url. These were not from the op of it though.
Just looking at the images so far,

I will continue standing by the assessment that cow = fake on any leak up until the point that I am proven wrong.

The supposed Grass starter in the bottom image also does not look like a starter due to the design looking too unusual combined with how small it's eyes are. Granted, we've had small eyed starters before, but eyes these small are always very dark colored on starters so as to make them more noticeable. Honestly, the Grass starter just clashes with the other two too much in general.

The Grass starter alone unravels it for me, as the design is too slim and complex for a starter.

Still, at least he went to the trouble of drawing an entire Dex.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is it true that Mormon's believe Native American's skin is "red" is because they were cursed by god for being bad?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Before the Wii U Hyrule Warriors came out, I did make a list Zelda series characters that could be possible in Hyrule Warriors (my only restriction is core games only). Here are some from that list:

Agahnim (A Link to the Past)
Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
Dampé (Ocarina of Time)
Kafei (Majora's Mask)
Igos du Ikana (Majora's Mask)
Gabora & Zubora (Majora's Mask)
Din, Farore, & Nayru (Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages)
Maple (Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages)
Onox (Oracle of Seasons)
Veran (Oracle of Ages)
Ralph (Oracle of Ages)
Vaati (Four Swords)
Orca (The Wind Waker)
Beedle (The Wind Waker)
Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess)
Lineback (Phantom Hourglass)
Byrne (Spirit Tracks)
Demise (Skyward Sword)
Groose (Skyward Sword)
Yuga (A Link Between Worlds)
Ravio (A Link Between Worlds)
Lady Maud (Tri Force Heroes)
An original character
upload_2016-3-4_13-41-31.jpeg

Any you think I missed?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just looking at the images so far,

I will continue standing by the assessment that cow = fake on any leak up until the point that I am proven wrong.

The supposed Grass starter in the bottom image also does not look like a starter due to the design looking too unusual combined with how small it's eyes are. Granted, we've had small eyed starters before, but eyes these small are always very dark colored on starters so as to make them more noticeable. Honestly, the Grass starter just clashes with the other two too much in general.

The Grass starter alone unravels it for me, as the design is too slim and complex for a starter.

Still, at least he went to the trouble of drawing an entire Dex.
Nice observation! It does look weird but i like it. Probably fake though. And that guy did draw a full list, which took more effort then most lol.

My biggest problem is that a few of them have faces of pikachu and jolteon...

WHITNEY IS A ****ING FRAUD
Well we already know that that miltank fight was
:128:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Before the Wii U Hyrule Warriors came out, I did make a list Zelda series characters that could be possible in Hyrule Warriors (my only restriction is core games only). Here are some from that list:

Agahnim (A Link to the Past)
Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
Dampé (Ocarina of Time)
Kafei (Majora's Mask)
Igos du Ikana (Majora's Mask)
Gabora & Zubora (Majora's Mask)
Din, Farore, & Nayru (Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages)
Maple (Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages)
Onox (Oracle of Seasons)
Veran (Oracle of Ages)
Ralph (Oracle of Ages)
Vaati (Four Swords)
Orca (The Wind Waker)
Beedle (The Wind Waker)
Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess)
Lineback (Phantom Hourglass)
Byrne (Spirit Tracks)
Demise (Skyward Sword)
Groose (Skyward Sword)
Yuga (A Link Between Worlds)
Ravio (A Link Between Worlds)
Lady Maud (Tri Force Heroes)
An original character View attachment 99236

Any you think I missed?
I'd throw in Marin from Link's Awakening. Vocal/song attacks, summoning the Wind Fish, and
sprouting bird/angel wings for attacks.

I just think that'd be neat. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Also, I think Tingle should get costumes to look like Ankle, Knuckle, & David Jr. (all just being texture swaps, it shouldn't be a problem)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Also, I think Tingle should get costumes to look like Ankle, Knuckle, & David Jr. (all just being texture swaps, it shouldn't be a problem)
Personally I was thinking he should get a costume of this guy:

And no. I'm not joking.
Like, it's perfect. Both are hated in of themselves, so why not let the two scrappies become one?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well to be fair, was it out of context?
I mean I'm just saying you need to know the whole thing to understand what happened. Just showing that alone and expecting people to be sad is hoping at best.

It'd be like if I showed any of the deaths in Undertale's Genocide Runs to people who don't give a crap about it. Why should I expect anything apart from indifference?

And on top of this I doubt a couple students probably bored as hell in school are the proper representation of an entire generation.
I don't think so.

I did explain some of the story regarding Hinawa and Lucas and I did showcase that video of the infamous Flint fire scene so that they could sample how emotional this game gets.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
No. Because having a mech with it's own control scheme and method of playing would already make it different enough to the one other rails shooter on the market. We're talking controls. All you need is the left stick to move, right stick to aim and buttons for bombs, transform, lasers, boost and all those other tricks for the on-rails segments. No need for silly control gimmicks that worsen the gameplay.

"They're not possible to be fixed"
Oh have you tried? No? Thought not. Multiplayer extends a game's life just that little bit more. You want to boast about features then multiplayer is a good one. Lacking it after having SF643D launch with it is *** backwards.
"Mech with different controls and gameplay." Something tells me you'd be crying about Starfox Robobot too.

Everybody who's gotten used to the controls has said that SF0 is a lot of fun, so I don't see how it's objectively worse. The current control scheme keeps everything at your fingertips and again lets you do something completely unique with the hardware. Even if the game was built without the gamepad in mind the gyro would be optimal as evidenced with Splatoon.

Actually I have. I told a guy SF multiplayer was fundamentally broken, so he kept coming up with ideas while I pointed out the flaws. Didn't get very far.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think so.

I did explain some of the story regarding Hinawa and Lucas and I did showcase that video of the infamous Flint fire scene so that they could sample how emotional this game gets.
It's called 'show, don't tell' because telling it makes you lose some value. What's funnier? A video of something funny, or someone describing it?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"Mech with different controls and gameplay." Something tells me you'd be crying about Starfox Robobot too.
Something tells me you're speaking out of your ass as usual.

Everybody who's gotten used to the controls has said that SF0 is a lot of fun, so I don't see how it's objectively worse. The current control scheme keeps everything at your fingertips and again lets you do something completely unique with the hardware. Even if the game was built without the gamepad in mind the gyro would be optimal as evidenced with Splatoon.
The control scheme I said also keeps everything at your fingertips. And it's Miyamoto gimmick free.

Actually I have. I told a guy SF multiplayer was fundamentally broken, so he kept coming up with ideas while I pointed out the flaws. Didn't get very far.
Pointing out flaws =/= Actually implementing them to see for yourself.

Oh well. I have better things to do than argue with a shill.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't think so.

And that right there is the problem.
Like I said, they need to know the whole thing, as in actually playing the game and experiencing it for themselves. Otherwise yeah, it looks like just a guy widely swinging at a bunch of people.

It's as the old saying goes: "Show, don't tell."

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Actually this is a bad argument. From what I could tell people loved 64 and Assault multiplayer. This seems to be a case of you not liking it and thus refusing to listen to people when they like it

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't think so.

It's hard to feel pain for someone who you came to know just 5 minutes ago. You feel the pain because you've spent many hours into the game and have come to care for the characters.

:231:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I probably had more fun with friends in multiplayer in 64 than the actual main game

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So that list I posted, has a baby seviper, baby zangoose, and possibly baby druddigen.

I need this more now!

But I need this lemur even more:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So that list I posted, has a baby seviper, baby zangoose, and possibly baby druddigen.

I need this more now!

But I need this lemur even more:
That's like naming a snake "Slitherascales"

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I mean, this was just a speech for a class, and explaining why MOTHER 3 should be localized to an audience that may or may not play games is kind of hard. And I listed the game being impactful and emotional as the biggest reason, so that's how it came to showcasing the Flint Fire scene, because I thought it was a moment any person could understand. And again , I did briefly tell the story before showing the video, I'm guessing that wasn't enough.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
"Climbafur?"

I think Cleimur would be a better name.

I mean, this was just a speech for a class, and explaining why MOTHER 3 should be localized to an audience that may or may not play games is kind of hard. And I listed the game being impactful and emotional as the biggest reason, so that's how it came to showcasing the Flint Fire scene, because I thought it was a moment any person could understand. And again , I did briefly tell the story before showing the video, I'm guessing that wasn't enough.
Yeah if you're explaining i ins a presentation setting with people who aren't familiar with the medium, let alone the game itself, it makes sense you wouldn't get the expected result

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He ain't right either but y'know "Having a negative view on something based on what's been shown is wrong even though you have to base your impressions off of what's been seen!" seems to be the popular attitude right now.

The Kirby issue is literally in there.
It's basically Triple Deluxe with Mechs. Triple Deluxe was a ****ty borefest in every possible way.
Use Kirby 64's copy ability shenanigans and make the game as engaging as Return to Dreamland.

Star Fox's issue was also named and it's prevalent everywhere.
Don't do a ****ing reboot. Give us a new story instead without crappy motion controls being forced in and actually make the game look like it was released in modern times instead of eight years prior. Also give it a proper multiplayer like it had way back on the N64. Literally just expand on Assault.
Yeah this was pretty much what I meant when I said "I think these games looks fun but they still disappoint me".

I'm less bummed about Kirby because I wasn't expecting a new Kirby game this soon to begin with. While I think expecting a 3D Kirby game to finally be made on Wii U would be wishful thinking on my part, I kinda wish this game was on Wii U. I quite liked Triple Deluxe and I love RtDL, but having another side scrolling 3DS Kirby game with that same overall framework as the last two is gonna feel samey, especially since it's the exact same hardware as the last game. I think this mech idea could have been expanded on much more if the game was a Wii U title but as it is, it just looks like Mega Man X Ride Armour except less interesting/necessary because Kirby doesn't need Ride Armour, he already feels OP in his games. Plus, just having a normal Kirby game on Wii U just would have been nice and the graphics could have been very pretty. Now this game sort of bleeds in with the other two in the "trilogy". Also, the new multiplayer doesn't have online which is silly. Not gonna really play it as a result, just like what happened with Kirby Fighters.

Star Fox is the one that really bothers me though. I mean the game looks fine in terms of how it looks like a Star Fox game with solid mechanics, but a SF64 inspired reboot RIGHT AFTER A FULL ON REMAKE OF SAID GAME is silly to me. And it looks like you can beat it in an hour or less. Sure there may be alternate paths but they won't have too many. Other than the Walker and GamePad stuff, there really is no ambition in this game. And yeah, Assault was the best game in the series IMO and it seemed like such a natural evolution for the series (especially since SF64 had that secret "Pilot Mode" - this is actually where Fox's Blaster in Smash Bros comes from too!), and it's a perfect fit for modern day systems. What with Nintendo having got some experience in online multiplayer with Splatoon, you'd think they would integrate that into a new Star Fox, but nope, Miyamoto just HAD to be the director.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Decided to drop by here mainly since the Sm4sh social is dead as a doornail. So how's everyone doing here?

(also people like Drunkle Qrow need to lay off the 4chan :troll:)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Or hell, naming said snake "Ekans".
Thank God they never would do that am I right!
Well, you think they'd improve given the 20 years they've been doing it

But I guess expecting them not to improve in 20 years is ok too...

Fan don't expect companies to improve in 20 years

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Or hell, naming said snake "Ekans".
Thank God they never would do that am I right!
That's not the same kind of lazy, though.

IMO it actually would have looked more legit if they'd named it Rumel. :happysheep:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Probably not the best joke to make if you ask me...
Pardon me, I just thought that the guy was acting a bit too stubbornly negative.

But anyway, seeing the Planet Robobot announcement reminds me that I gotta finish Triple Deluxe.

Also all these Sun & Moon "leaks" dude

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Pardon me, I just thought that the guy was acting a bit too stubbornly negative.
I understand but everyone has their own outlook on different things.

You guys may see it as "Petty" or "Salty", but I just see it as a difference of opinion.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Decided to drop by here mainly since the Sm4sh social is dead as a doornail. So how's everyone doing here?

(also people like Drunkle Qrow need to lay off the 4chan :troll:)
If you're gonna call someone out at least have the balls to tag 'em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom