• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
people MAY play the game I wont go into spoilers territory ;)

EDIT based on the edit I wouldnt really say that's fair. Poseidon had like 3 lines. . .

Damn I wish I put money on this because I KNEW it would be Pyyrha Pyrrhron.

I don't know how you can not love someone whose battle cry is "Shazamity-lam!" :p
That's what made him okay. I like him but not exactly 'lovable' territory yet. As for Phire, I find him a bit too annoying haha.
*Pyrrhon voice*

But I admit I always laugh when he says:
""Pyrrhon senses danger. And now... Pyrrhon sees it." :laugh:

On the plus side, an image was seen in I think the preview with my ship being hinted as canon
Bumblebee I presume?
We'll see if it is actually romantic love or a deep kinship soon enough
meanwhile here I am as White Rose trash getting diddly-squat

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
OOH DISNEY TALK

I'm actually going to be getting my senior photos taken at Walt Disney World in August, my girlfriend lives down there and her mom does photography and offered to do them for free. Super pumped about it, consider I've always aspired to do Imagineering and design stuff for Disney Parks since I was little.

The only gripe I have with Disney World is that Hollywood Studios is REALLY in need of an update. I know they're adding Toy Story and Star Wars areas, but if they're playing up the movie studio aspect, then play it up. Bring on more of the classic Walt Disney entrepreneur stuff, make it feel like you're walking into this marvelous world of film. This is a long shot, but arguably this is the best place to make Oswald the Lucky Rabbit relevant again, make him the mascot, have him be the guide you have through the movie magic. Add in little touches throughout the lands to make it feel like you're on a set, leave clipboards and megaphones in conspicuous locations. Just make it better and more thematic instead of having it be this hodgepodge of rides that can't fit in Magic Kingdom or Epcot or Animal Kingdom!

/rant

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know I've not placed any badges on my 3DS (unless you count one for a folder). I should probably get around to that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
#TeamStark all the way fam
I've got to go with Team Cap, although Stark is cool. He will probably have Spiderman on his side though...
inb4 they do Batman vs Superman next month.
I wouldn't be against this one either. I'd go with batman, no questions asked.
Crying

Lots and lots of crying and sadness.
Funny, I think I know a show like this:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I've decided that the name I'm giving the Pokkén Tournament Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card "XD002" (can you guess the reference?).

Also, do you guys think me playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition could help me with Pokkén Tounrament?

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
So I've decided that the name I'm giving the Pokkén Tournament Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card "XD002" (can you guess the reference?).

Also, do you guys think me playing Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition could help me with Pokkén Tounrament?
Perhaps Heihachi and Pikachu might share some combos, but I'm not so sure about that

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So the comment section for the Pokemon Splatfest is heating up! IT has some really funny tweets, but I saw this in the comments:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I want this to be a thing when Civil War is closer, and could probably happen.

So which team would you choose for this?
Team Cap all the way. It has most of my favorite MCU heroes. :p

'How is Steve not THE biggest indie Icon?'
Cave Story exists
'Never heard of it'
Either you're a kid or you haven't used the internet till recently
'Nope. It's not as popular as you think'
Actual ****ing YT conversation
Minecraft is huge and mainstream though. Hell I didn't hear of Cave Story for at least a year or two when I joined the internet. >_>

(some would argue Minecraft isn't indie anymore but that's not the point)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
'How is Steve not THE biggest indie Icon?'
Cave Story exists
'Never heard of it'
Either you're a kid or you haven't used the internet till recently
'Nope. It's not as popular as you think'
Actual ****ing YT conversation
You expected better from YT?

D

Deleted member

I saw something about crying so
Screenshot_2016-02-12-22-06-38-1.png

Have the entirety of Zatch Bell in one pic

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Minecraft is huge and mainstream though. Hell I didn't hear of Cave Story for at least a year or two when I joined the internet. >_>

(some would argue Minecraft isn't indie anymore but that's not the point)
People may not remember his name is Steve, but the game itself is very mainstream.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Team Cap all the way. It has most of my favorite MCU heroes. :p
Agreed, Iron Man's team isn't to bad, but I like more of the people of Cap's team.

Bucky and Ant Man are cool.

I do have to admit Black Panther is pretty awesome to. I wonder why he takes Iron Man's side. But it's a weird issue as he is being brought in as advertisement basically.
Like he lives in a far away jungle like continent, I don't see why reveal identities matter to him. He seems like someone who should be neutral. Maybe I'm forgetting something though. I don't know much on the comics with him.

I do know though that he's richer then Iron Man.

Also Hawkeye on Cap's side makes sense, but I'm surprised that Black widow isn't. I mean yes they want parallels, but Black widow wants her past to be secret and if the bill( or however it's set up as) is issued, then her entire past would be known to the world, which I don't see her being ok with, but we shall see what they do there. It's also interesting since they both are so close to one another.

But it will sell solely on the fact that the super heroes are beating the hell out of each other.

Seeing the vision and Scarlet witch more should be interesting. They didn't really have much of an impact/presence in Age of Ultron imo. So seeing more of them and they reasons could lead to some nice character development.

I'm also curious to see if they kill off someone. In the original comics, they kill:
Captain America

But this seems unlikely since:
Chris Evans has signed on for more movies.

If they do kill someone, I could see the plot take a different route( more then it has, as many more are involved in the comics then the movie), then maybe they will get rid of Hawkeye. They sort of built it up that way in Age of Ultron, but we shall see. I like him, but at the same he's not really anyone's favorite so it could work.

Anyway, my little thoughts on the movie are done, I look forward to seeing it when it comes out!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Hey, guys, just curious.

Since I've got a week to burn before FE:Fates and we still haven't gotten an annoucement for Z/X2Y2 or whatever the last third of Gen 6 is gonna be....

Any Pokemon Rom Hacks to suggest?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Minecraft has reached worldwide recognition among the world, not just the gaming community. Hell, TIME magazine voted its creator the 13th most influential person in the WORLD. People can make enough money for a living solely off Minecraft videos. The same can't be said about Cave Story, no matter how popular it is.

Minecraft was VERY much indie during its initial uprising.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey, guys, just curious.

Since I've got a week to burn before FE:Fates and we still haven't gotten an annoucement for Z/X2Y2 or whatever the last third of Gen 6 is gonna be....

Plenty!

Ruby Destiny Series- first 3 are complete. 4th one does not have a demo yet.
Pokemon Glazed- completed
Pokemon Gaia- goes up to 6 gyms.
Pokemon The Red Chapter- completed, I believe, if not, it goes on for quite a while.
Pokemon Ash Gray- On going but has massive playtime, goes into the hoenn saga currently I believe.
Pokemon XY Natural version seems good from what I've seen from people- don't know it's status, I believe two gyms though.
Pokemon Cyan- 5 or 6 badges, progressing.
pokemon snakewood- pokemon and zombies, completed.
Pokemon Light Platinum- completed

and if you want a really good game, and want to use google translate,

Pokemon Soverign of the skies! It's a difficult but really good hack of emerald that's in German. It's not finished though. It goes up to 3 gyms currently.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Plenty!

Ruby Destiny Series- first 3 are complete. 4th one does not have a demo yet.
Pokemon Glazed- completed
Pokemon Gaia- goes up to 6 gyms.
Pokemon The Red Chapter- completed, I believe, if not, it goes on for quite a while.
Pokemon Ash Gray- On going but has massive playtime, goes into the hoenn saga currently I believe.
Pokemon XY Natural version seems good from what I've seen from people- don't know it's status, I believe two gyms though.
Pokemon Cyan- 5 or 6 badges, progressing.
pokemon snakewood- pokemon and zombies, completed.
Pokemon Light Platinum- completed

and if you want a really good game, and want to use google translate,

Pokemon Soverign of the skies! It's a difficult but really good hack of emerald that's in German. It's not finished though. It goes up to 3 gyms currently.
Snakewood I tried and didn't really enjoy.
Light Platinum is probably the one I'll end up running with.
TBH the hacks I got the most mileage out of were Omega Fire Red and the Blaze Black Volt White games.

Chrono.

Hey, guys, just curious.

• Pokemon Brown (Gen 1 hack)
  • Pokemon Glazed (Gen 3 hack)
  • Pokemon Prism (Gen 2 hack, unfortunately it's unfinished atm, but it's still worth a play)
  • Pokemon Flora Sky (Gen 3 hack)
  • Yet Another Fire Red Hack (kinda explains itself)
  • Pokemon XY Naturia Edition (Gen 2 hack, yeah)
  • Pokemon Light Platinum (Gen 3 hack, I haven't actually played this but I hear it's good)
Some other hacks that aren't as extreme in changes.
  • Any of Drayano's hacks
  • Fire Red Generations
  • Theta Emerald (Gen 3 hack)
They're in "best to worst" order

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Snakewood I tried and didn't really enjoy.
Light Platinum is probably the one I'll end up running with.
TBH the hacks I got the most mileage out of were Omega Fire Red and the Blaze Black Volt White games.
So you like ones that change the difficulty?

There are a lot of those. The creator of Blaze black and Volt white has done them for all games I believe.

And many others have done these edits. On the pokecommunity go to hacks studio and then sideshow showcase, basically every hack there falls into that category.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom