• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Burruni

Smash Hero
So you like ones that change the difficulty?

There are a lot of those. The creator of Blaze black and Volt white has done them for all games I believe.

And many others have done these edits. On the pokecommunity go to hacks studio and then sideshow showcase, basically every hack there falls into that category.
It wasn't so much the change in difficulty that appealed me to it; it's how it shook up Pokemon locations, typings, stats, and movepools to really be a "balance patch" that made the experience feel new again.

Khoru

Smash Champion
It wasn't so much the change in difficulty that appealed me to it; it's how it shook up Pokemon locations, typings, stats, and movepools to really be a "balance patch" that made the experience feel new again.
i still have nightmares over those weather teams at the end of victory road in bbvw2

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Agreed, Iron Man's team isn't to bad, but I like more of the people of Cap's team.

Bucky and Ant Man are cool.

I do have to admit Black Panther is pretty awesome to. I wonder why he takes Iron Man's side. But it's a weird issue as he is being brought in as advertisement basically.
Like he lives in a far away jungle like continent, I don't see why reveal identities matter to him. He seems like someone who should be neutral. Maybe I'm forgetting something though. I don't know much on the comics with him.

I do know though that he's richer then Iron Man.

Also Hawkeye on Cap's side makes sense, but I'm surprised that Black widow isn't. I mean yes they want parallels, but Black widow wants her past to be secret and if the bill( or however it's set up as) is issued, then her entire past would be known to the world, which I don't see her being ok with, but we shall see what they do there. It's also interesting since they both are so close to one another.

But it will sell solely on the fact that the super heroes are beating the hell out of each other.

Seeing the vision and Scarlet witch more should be interesting. They didn't really have much of an impact/presence in Age of Ultron imo. So seeing more of them and they reasons could lead to some nice character development.

I'm also curious to see if they kill off someone. In the original comics, they kill:
Captain America

But this seems unlikely since:
Chris Evans has signed on for more movies.

If they do kill someone, I could see the plot take a different route( more then it has, as many more are involved in the comics then the movie), then maybe they will get rid of Hawkeye. They sort of built it up that way in Age of Ultron, but we shall see. I like him, but at the same he's not really anyone's favorite so it could work.

Anyway, my little thoughts on the movie are done, I look forward to seeing it when it comes out!
So apparently a few weeks ago a supposed leak happened from a pretty trusted source about Civil War. Of course, it's not confirmed, but it's something to think about.

Seriously don't open this spoiler if you don't want to potentially spoil a massive thing for Civil War.
...But apparently they do go the comic route, in the sense that Cap dies. It's supposedly unfairly pinned on Stark, too, as a cover-up. In addition, they said the movie "begins and ends with a funeral," with it ending with Cap's, but starting with the funeral of Peggy Carter. Just from that I know that if it turns out true, I'm gonna be balling my eyes out at a damn superhero movie :( . I'm just certain he'll be brought back for the Infinity War, though, especially if they bring Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff into it, since it introduced GH325 as the "Fallen Avenger" serum that brought back Agent Coulson. Here's hoping they've got more Kree bodies lying around.

It's setting up to be a great movie, too, especially since Captain America's my favorite Marvel hero. :p

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Honestly, as much as @Annuga is going to despise hearing this, I think even UNDERTALE has surpassed Cave Story in terms of popularity and recognition.

Cave Story has a big following to be sure, but not nearly As much as you seem to believe.

And this is coming from someone who LOVES Cave Story by the by.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Since the next Avengers movie involves Thanos and the Infinity Stones, I won't be surprised if Civil War follows the comic route or even ends up killing more heroes. Avengers Infinity War Part 1 & 2 is also a perfect place to kill many others and subsequently revive them

D

Deleted member

Finally got to Chapter 27 where I left off
All thanks to the power of abusing save states
And Nino is already ready for promotion
Everyone shall tremble before the mighty of the most powerful around-14-years-old mage

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't follow comics because I don't like all the relationship drama they throw in

D

Deleted member

Why is City Folk getting reprinted? Lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Sheik

Smash Lord

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since the next Avengers movie involves Thanos and the Infinity Stones, I won't be surprised if Civil War follows the comic route or even ends up killing more heroes. Avengers Infinity War Part 1 & 2 is also a perfect place to kill many others and subsequently revive them
Well I mean, one character in particular kinda has to die for Infinity War to happen.

I mean, Vision has the Mind Stone in his forehead...

:p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ah I see, this is still common with a lot of hacks, they are pretty easy to find if light platinum doesn't suit you. Also I don't know if you know, but despite the name, Light platinum is not a Platinum rework...

QUOTE="Cirnine, post: 20876094, member: 298988"]Since the next Avengers movie involves Thanos and the Infinity Stones, I won't be surprised if Civil War follows the comic route or even ends up killing more heroes. Avengers Infinity War Part 1 & 2 is also a perfect place to kill many others and subsequently revive them[/QUOTE]

This could be interestting. I think they will get beat unless they bring more heroes in. I wonder how it will play out.

So apparently a few weeks ago a supposed leak happened from a pretty trusted source about Civil War. Of course, it's not confirmed, but it's something to think about.

Seriously don't open this spoiler if you don't want to potentially spoil a massive thing for Civil War.
...But apparently they do go the comic route, in the sense that Cap dies. It's supposedly unfairly pinned on Stark, too, as a cover-up. In addition, they said the movie "begins and ends with a funeral," with it ending with Cap's, but starting with the funeral of Peggy Carter. Just from that I know that if it turns out true, I'm gonna be balling my eyes out at a damn superhero movie :( . I'm just certain he'll be brought back for the Infinity War, though, especially if they bring Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. stuff into it, since it introduced GH325 as the "Fallen Avenger" serum that brought back Agent Coulson. Here's hoping they've got more Kree bodies lying around.

It's setting up to be a great movie, too, especially since Captain America's my favorite Marvel hero. :p
Well that's interesting. Why kill Peggy? I don't watch the show but doesn't that take place in the past? I could be wrong though. As for the plot leak. That could definitely make the movie shocking to audiences, both old and new. It might not be a terrible idea to do so. I wonder who would kill Captain America and then pin it on Stark. I will say that while I know Cap dies in the comics, I don't know if there is any shadyness around it. I could also see Cap being revived later on, they may even go out there bit and have either falcon or bucky take over as Cap, but I find that unlikely. Either way, this is something interesting, I'll keep it in mind!

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
...****.

****!

I'm getting sick of these people ******** about the 'butchered lines' in FE Fates.

I'm sorry, but I would take the US version over the translated Japanese version any day of the week if people are getting their panties in a bunch over this of all things.

If you don't like what is in the game, TALK WITH YOUR WALLET! ******** ON THE INTERNET ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE **** PEOPLE!

/rant
.... *ahem*

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
...****.

****!

I'm getting sick of these people ******** about the 'butchered lines' in FE Fates.

I'm sorry, but I would take the US version over the translated Japanese version any day of the week if people are getting their panties in a bunch over this of all things.
People can try to claim "old meme" all they want.
The english lines for Kana there are ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
♩ ~ It's the end of the world as we know it ~ ♩

Jeez now I want to go back to Disney again. . .That isn't a good thing

I didn't know PushDustIn PushDustIn worked at Disney :surprised:
Push Dust In does come from a garbage can, but one from Osaka.

D

Deleted member

...****.

****!

If you don't like what is in the game, TALK WITH YOUR WALLET! ******** ON THE INTERNET ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE **** PEOPLE!

/rant
.... *ahem*
Why are people conplaining about that? It's so sweet

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I already have most of those Nintendo select titles so it doesn't affect me.

But wasn't NES Remix Pack $30 before this (after all, you can buy NES Remix 1 & 2 on the eShop for $15 each)?

_Sheik

Smash Lord
No new Nintendo Selects announcement(s) for Europe... yet.

We've had Island Tour and Yoshi's New Island under that section for a few months already, as well as Zelda ALBW, Star Fox 64 3D, the Nintendogs games and... not sure about the last one. But these were all part of the latest batch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do like the idea of Niintendo Selects. I got Mario Strikers charged last year for $10. Which was cool, as that's one of my favorite Mario Sports titles.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...****.

****!

/rant
.... *ahem*

That is freaking adorable in the US version
10/10, Nintendo
You did a good :4pacman:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
We knew February was to be a month of big releases with FE:Fates, Bravely Second, and Project X Zone 2 (well, mostly RPGs). However, it would seem Nintendo is also offering us delights like the Pokémon x SMM/Pokémon x Splatoon crossovers or those new NS games. Keep it up, Nintendo.

Burruni

Smash Hero
We knew February was to be a month of big releases with FE:Fates, Bravely Second, and Project X Zone 2 (well, mostly RPGs). However, it would seem Nintendo is also offering us delights like the Pokémon x SMM/Pokémon x Splatoon crossovers or those new NS games. Keep it up, Nintendo.
Ironically...
FE: Fates has no known date for Europe, but comes out this month for NA.
Bravely Second comes out this month for PAL but is in april for NA.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
March is gonna hit me hard. There's The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends, & Pokkén Tournament.

Plus there's still Pokémon Virtual Console this month.

RIP wallet. :c

EDIT: Oh, and the :4feroy: amiibo...

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Because they're crying foul about it digging up the "old meme" of Rawr is Dinosaur for I Love You or something of the sort.
I had to look it up because I've never even heard of it before now, and it's the first time I've seen it mentioned as one of the other FE sites I go to didn't even pick up on it. I have to say that it honestly seems reaching to me since it's rather old and it could've been done with any prior knowledge.

Even if it was intentional, so what? It's not obvious to the point that you recognize it on sight (and thus get taken out of the dialogue), it's completely in character for Kana, and it fits the world around it. It's not a line that takes away anything and actually does more to help portray Kana as a character, so the outcry for it comes off as over reactionary to me as nothing was hurt in its use.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...****.

****!

/rant
.... *ahem*
You can't really expect people these days to have self control. Actually protesting is too much effort. It's much easier to just whine on the internet.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Guys.If your reading this post.I want you stop,grab your keys,start your car,drive your ass to the movie theaters, buy a ticket to watch deadpool,come back so we can gush at how amazing that movie is.Like really its so funny and to me perfectly captures what makes the character so great even if colossus and warhead are just there to be there

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Am I one of the only few people here that find Generic SwordFighters in Fighting games interesting to me? I mean Melee Roy interest me because his sword, look, and the feeling of his attacks feel basic enough for me to like him, and so as Marth since he has no projectiles, no magical stuff, and none of the other hocus pocus stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom