• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I found Magiana to be a case of cuteness overload.
It has
  • Bunny ears
  • Gear shaped maid's headdress
  • A ball gown
  • Large eyes
It found it a little too sugary.

:231:
It has an appeal to it. I love Gardevoir, but she's overrated. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It doesn't really look cute to me

It looks like a it's pretending to be cute

Like putting make up on cogs

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
which 3ds do you have o.o and Final fantasy looks good btw
no
Just a plain old regular 3ds as my budget allows...I would get Xenoblade if I had the new 3ds though...

Fyi the extent of the games I own for the 3ds involves the words Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem and Smash...which includes DS titles as well (hunting for Hunters as well)

My favorite game of all time.
If you are a lefty you are kind of screwed though. Apparently the special controller add on helps but IDK. If you like 4th wall breaking humor and lasers all over the place you will love it. It takes a level or 3 to get used to controls.

No comment on the other 2 as I have not played them.
I'm right-handed so its all good...If I can get used to XCX and the way it basically drops me in the deep end early on I should be fine...

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
It has an appeal to it. I love Gardevoir, but she's overrated. :p
you sound like this rude guy I know who in fact is a hipster ... he is a jerk and also treats people like dirt .... he once said and I quote " I love hip hop but it's too mainstream " so yea .w.
Just a plain old regular 3ds as my budget allows...I would get Xenoblade if I had the new 3ds though...

Fyi the extent of the games I own for the 3ds involves the words Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem and Smash...which includes DS titles as well (hunting for Hunters as well)

I'm right-handed so its all good...If I can get used to XCX and the way it basically drops me in the deep end early on I should be fine...
oh ok I was going to say get hw legends .. I love Zelda <3 lol good luck :D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I love Lowenthal as Marth's English VA. It fits pretty much exactly how I though Marth would sound. :p

Disney Parks talk. :D

Okay, so I'm a huge Disney fan. I've basically been one for as long as I can remember. However, growing up I never went to a Disney Park. That is, until sophomore year of high school when our music department took a trip to Disney World for four days. I loved it. After sixteen years I was finally able to go. It's hard to believe this year will have been four years since that trip.

I loved every second of it, too. Day One was the Magic Kingdom, and it was amazing. Our group immediately rushed to Space Mountain and we had a blast. Throughout the day, we went to that, the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Splash Mountain (I think throughout that day we went on Splash Mountain like, six times. It's a blast.). Oh, and the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. And I got to meet PUSH the Trash Can completely by accident. It's a shame he's no longer there, now. I tried to throw something out in him right before he sprung to life, so it was amazing, minus that mini heart attack. One of my friends went to Tom Sawyer Island with me and it was a blast, and I tried and failed to use my high school Spanish to point this one lady to the boats. Apparently I complimented her boots instead. We then got all our friends to go on It's a Small World together to annoy our chaperone. It worked. Wishes was also a really relaxing night show and the Electrical Parade's music was catchy as all hell. Of course, me and one of my friends got separated from our group because we wanted to ride Splash Mountain "one last time" before the Wishes finale. Cue us wandering back from Frontierland and the lights in the park going completely black for the Electrical Parade, and both our phones are dead. So we watch the show and the part that says "make a wish" comes on, so I jokingly wish that we find the rest of our group...only for them to show up a minute later. I wasted my wish, dammit.

The next day we went to Hollywood Studios. Rockin' Rollercoaster, the Monsters Inc. Scare Floor, Muppetvision, the Tower of Terror, the Backlot Tour, and the Great Movie Ride. It's a shame how many of those things aren't there anymore though. Oh, and we went on a Star Wars Weekend, so we were greeted by armed Stormtroopers and Darth Vader at the gates, which was amazing. I find it funny that I was thinking it was neat they had something so non-Disney there so in-your-face, only for them to buy Star Wars later that year. :p My best friend bought a real whip from the Indiana Jones show only for the tip to break when he tried it out in our hotel room. Womp wooooooomp. The night ended with Fantasmic, which may have been the biggest highlight of the whole trip. God, I love Fantasmic. Then we all went back to the Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours by the Monorail. Splash Mountain was ridden a few more times.

EPCOT was the next day, and also performance day for the choir. "Just load your concert clothes right above the band's tubas," my choir director said. And then when we got to Downtown Disney to perform, bam. Giant black tire marks on my white dress shirt. I panic. My director just laughs it off a bit, which calms me a bit, and tells me no one will see it anyway since tall people stand in the back. Yay genetics. :p Performing in Downtown Disney was an amazing experience, and one that I'll never forget. The crowd loved us. :D Then we went to Saratoga Springs to have a private performance where we learned a choral Lion King medley, which turned out amazingly. So then we went back to EPCOT. I was mainly alone since now it was the band's turn for their performance, and my entire rest of the group were in band. Cue me wandering around the City of Tomorrow half of the place and looking at all the cool things inside Future World. I met up with a few chorus friends and we did Spaceship Earth, which was neat. Then I went to the Worlds Showcase all by myself, since the band hadn't returned yet. I decided Mexico would be a good place to start, so I went on the Three Caballeros ride, which was nice. I was seriously surprised they had it. I love The Three Caballeros, yet Disney barely acknowledges it. In that way, I'm glad it has a ride in Mexico. So my band friends finally get back and ask where I am through text, so I, cheekily, reply Mexico. Cue laughs from me and no one else. :p They tell me to wait in Norway. I did. I got a pastry and shared it with this really friendly crow. Also got to go on Maelstrom, which isn't there anymore. Good times for all, I'd say.

So then the choir has an idea. We'd do an impromptu flash mob style (are flash mobs still a thing?) performance of Sorida (link here for those that want to hear a sample) at the African Outpost, considering we'd sung the song at our Spring Concert and it fit the theme. The people in the area loved it. :D

So I reunite with my group and we finish our World Tour and see Illuminations. Oh, and we went on Soarin'. That was awesome. "Have a great flight."

The next day was Animal Kingdom, our last and shortest day at the Parks. Sadly, we didn't get to do Expedition Everest due to time. I was on a mission this day to take a picture of an opossum because they're awesome. Cue my best friend and me waiting the entire time at the Conservation Station. Of course, the very last animal they bring out is an absolutely gorgeous opossum. Incredibly well groomed, shiny as all hell coat, really healthy nose and tail coloration...this little guy was well taken care of. I snapped some pictures and we went on our way. We also had breakfast at the Rainforest Cafe free of charge, which was awesome. Before we left we took a look at the animals. Didn't get to see the anteater, though. Curse you, anteaters, and your elusive ways.

So yeah, I loved my time there, but there are still things I wish I did but didn't in retrospect, like Expedition Everest, Big Thunder Mountain, and the Enchanted Tiki Room. I really want to go back one day, especially to see all the stuff in New Fantasyland, which was still being built when I went there.

EDIT: Lol. We were still talking about Disney Parks when I started writing this. Props to anyone who actually read through this. :p

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So...I was thinking of getting another 3ds game, and I've been considering a few options (at least those that are currently within my currently accessibility, and not including currently unreleased titles in my area)...

Kid Icarus: Uprising
-I feel like a lot of people will recommend this game as it is one of the most critically acclaimed titles on the 3ds...I like my share mythological fantasy as well...

Yo-Kai Watch
-I've been rethinking this game despite the demo not really giving me a good first impression...As a creature enthusiast it definitely seems like its worth looking into...

Final Fantasy Explorers
-Running around fighting giant monsters with my favourite Final Fantasy characters (which pretty much means just Cloud, Tifa, et al)...though from what I heard its a more fun experience on multiplayer (which sucks for me)...but it still seems like an interesting title regardless...

Of course I could look into other suggestions as well...
In my opinion:

Kid Icarus Uprising > Yo-kai Watch > Final Fantasy Explorers

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
you sound like this rude guy I know who in fact is a hipster ... he is a jerk and also treats people like dirt .... he once said and I quote " I love hip hop but it's too mainstream " so yea .w.

oh ok I was going to say get hw legends .. I love Zelda <3 lol good luck :D
Its not out until March tho isn't it?...I'm talking games I can pick up now, like the three I mentioned...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sorry for the extremely late response, it was late at night for me lol. Anyways, you can't lose the update data when you format your 3DS unlike the Wii U which (I believe) can. So, you can't downgrade on 3DS without using special software and being on 10.3. Although, just curious, what 3DS firmware are you on?
That's fine, and sorry for my late response, just got on. As for the one I planned to use, it's on 10.4 currently.

Also Opossum Opossum Push the trash can is prettyneat. The person who controls it blends quite well into the crowd.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IMAG0304.jpg

Got two new Rosalina badges using free plays in the Badge Arcade.

It makes me so happy that I can decorate my HOME menu with this much Rosalina.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
SO the other pokemon don't get sounds in Mario Maker

:(

Oh well, at least the kanto starters got sound.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
So...I was thinking of getting another 3ds game, and I've been considering a few options (at least those that are currently within my currently accessibility, and not including currently unreleased titles in my area)...

Kid Icarus: Uprising
-I feel like a lot of people will recommend this game as it is one of the most critically acclaimed titles on the 3ds...I like my share mythological fantasy as well...

Yo-Kai Watch
-I've been rethinking this game despite the demo not really giving me a good first impression...As a creature enthusiast it definitely seems like its worth looking into...

Final Fantasy Explorers
-Running around fighting giant monsters with my favourite Final Fantasy characters (which pretty much means just Cloud, Tifa, et al)...though from what I heard its a more fun experience on multiplayer (which sucks for me)...but it still seems like an interesting title regardless...

Of course I could look into other suggestions as well...
Definitely Uprising.
  • Great humour
  • Amazing story with quite a few interesting plot twists
  • Awesome music
  • Extremely lovable characters ( well, most anyway :p)
  • Addictive online (if anyone still plays it)
  • Visually impressive, especially from a early 3DS game.
  • Control's shouldn't take more than 4 chapters to get used to. You'll get used to it quickly.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why do you have both the Smash U Controller and Smash 3DS
DoyoureallyneedtheSmashUController
1) It's a little extra way of supporting Sakurai.
2) >Implying I would have Smash 3DS in my 3DS all of the time, especially when my main 3DS game right now is Codename STEAM. :V

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, I saw some Disney parks talk earlier. I hope it isn't too late for me to share some tales of my own on the subject:

I've grown up going to the original park here in California, and for many years, going to spend a few days at the Grand Californian Hotel around the Christmas season in December was a family tradition, and other than Christmas itself was the thing I always looked the most forward to every year. Unfortunately money and some surgeries my grandmother had to go through for a while became a problem and so for a few years we stopped going. We got to again this year though with a lot of pitching in for money (actually twice, once for a two day birthday trip and another for about four/five days as a Christmas vacation. My grandmother only came along for that second trip) spent more days there than we ever have before and had an outstanding time. Things fell into place rather perfectly on both trips, I got to go on all my favorite rides, my grandmother got to ride things she hasn't ridden in several years, we saw a Christmas-themed World of Color show, and we got to show her the Paint the Night parade, which is a parade they'll be doing for about two more years for their Diamond Celebration. Yeah, of course the park's 60th anniversary itself is well over by now, but the parades and shows relating to the celebration were so popular they've decided to keep them around for longer. Pretty dang nice, eh?

As much as I love the park and the Disney company (for the most part), and of course, Star Wars, I have to say I'm very upset that they're cutting out a chunk of Frontier Land (An old Western-themed park, one of the park's original lands in fact) in order to make room for a "Star Wars Land". The part of the land in question was formerly titled Big Thunder Ranch, an area that included a petting zoo, a big barbecue restaurant, and show stage for the restaurant section, among other things. Every year around the Chirstmas season they'd even bring out Reindeers to the animal section, but that didn't happen this year because of the plans to take it all down mid-January. The reindeers and other animals at the ranch have found a good farm home from someone who really wanted to take care of them in a nice place, from what I've heard (although I don't know if the reindeers now live in the same home as the other animals that were normally housed at the petting zoo) but the area was still a significant part of Frontier Land and I honestly feel like they're milking the hype and money of Star Wars too much to create a specific land for it, and remove a big portion of an existing land just to make room for it. The location doesn't even make sense either. It's extremely close to Big Thunder Railroad and the transition from old-west to the futuristic science-fiction world of Star Wars is going to look very out of place, imo.....there are better places they could've put this land. Besides, couldn't they have just used Tomorrowland for any other Star Wars stuff they wanted to do? They've already got Star Tours and plenty of other things themed around it there, especially for the new movie's hype and profit as of late.

My blood is still a little boiled from this decision of theirs, so I really hope that whatever "Star Wars Land" has to offer when it's finished, it'd better be something really big, mighty and impressive.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, it's a shame, but just so how huge star wars is when you need a whole darn section to it when you already got plenty of it in tommorrow land. :p

But eh, can't say it doesn't make sense from a buisness standpoint. And I'll probably REALLY enjoy it once I visit again.(Which I'm only nor because it is recent, I'm just spending my time at Six Flags and Universal nowadays anyway, I've only been to disneyland consistently and casually ever since I was a baby.)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I am attempting to think of a character from Uprising that doesn't count as lovable.

Eggplant Wizard doesn't even say anything and I love him. . . Who am I forgetting that isn't perfect?
Well personally I'm really not a fan of Pyrrhon.. and.....that's it. XD. But I appreciated his funny moments and loved when you could see him fight! (but still not as awesome as Pittoo or Phosphora or Thanatos doing that in the air)

edit: oh and Poseidon was only alright. Shame he was there for such a small amount of time. :/

Last edited:
people MAY play the game I wont go into spoilers territory ;)
Well personally I'm really not a fan of Pyrrhon.. and.....that's it. XD. But I appreciated his funny moments and loved when you could see him fight! (but still not as awesome as Pittoo or Phosphora or Thanatos doing that in the air)
EDIT based on the edit I wouldnt really say that's fair. Poseidon had like 3 lines. . .

Damn I wish I put money on this because I KNEW it would be Pyyrha Pyrrhron.

I don't know how you can not love someone whose battle cry is "Shazamity-lam!" :p

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the comment section for the Pokemon Splatfest is heating up! IT has some really funny tweets, but I saw this in the comments:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I want this to be a thing when Civil War is closer, and could probably happen.

So which team would you choose for this?

Chrono.

So the comment section for the Pokemon Splatfest is heating up! IT has some really funny tweets, but I saw this in the comments:

#TeamStark all the way fam

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804

inb4 they do Batman vs Superman next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom