• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I would love Dual Audio for future Smash games. But I feel like 80% of that issue is probably due to licensing and royalties Nintendo has to pay for voice actors for all that space but it's something I'll love considering even Sega can do dual audio for Sonic. The issue with Fates is due to Camila's Japanese Voice Actress.
I feel the same way. Capcom games seem to also include dual audio most of the time seeing as how Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 had dual audio for pretty much all the characters (especially the Capcom characters). Although, I do find it interesting for games such as Project x Zone and its sequel to only have Japanese audio and no English which is like the complete opposite. It's alright though, at least we can hear Lucina and Chrom speak in Japanese once again. Would be funny to see a English dub voice over of Segata Sanshiro though.
Miyuki Sawashiro is an expensive actress who has played incredible roles for her characters and has done them almost incredibly.

She's Cammy White, Ivy Valentine, Milla from Tales of Xillia, Elizabeth form Persona 3 and onwards, Squigly from Skullgirls, Catherine, Jolyne Kujo in all the JoJo video games, another Elizabeth but the Bioshock Infinite one and has major Smash connection as :4robinf: and She plays little Cereza in Bayonetta in which everyone should know who she plays as if you played the game.
Ah yes, Miyuki Sawashiro, one of the best voice actresses in the Japanese voice acting industry at the moment. I was a bit bummed out that they didn't include dual audio for Tales of Xillia and at first I wasn't a huge fan of the English audio but I eventually warmed up to it as I kept playing and started liking them. You know what I find funny about Miyuki Sawashiro though? She voiced Baby Beel in the Beelzebub anime and Baby Beel is literally a baby that goes 'waaahhhh', 'ahhhhh' & 'uuuuuu'. xD

Burruni

Smash Hero
We didn't get English Marth when literally everything the west had of the series was the dubbed OVA :marthmelee:
We didn't get English Marth when the character wasn't planned to be removed from the game internationally :marth:
We didn't get English Marth when his games actually went international :4marth:
We won't get English Marth when amiibo support has been using an English voice, :5Marth:
Just my opinion.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I feel the same way. Capcom games seem to also include dual audio most of the time seeing as how Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 had dual audio for pretty much all the characters (especially the Capcom characters). Although, I do find it interesting for games such as Project x Zone and its sequel to only have Japanese audio and no English which is like the complete opposite. It's alright though, at least we can hear Lucina and Chrom speak in Japanese once again. Would be funny to see a English dub voice over of Segata Sanshiro though.

Ah yes, Miyuki Sawashiro, one of the best voice actresses in the Japanese voice acting industry at the moment. I was a bit bummed out that they didn't include dual audio for Tales of Xillia and at first I wasn't a huge fan of the English audio but I eventually warmed up to it as I kept playing and started liking them. You know what I find funny about Miyuki Sawashiro though? She voiced Baby Beel in the Beelzebub anime and Baby Beel is literally a baby that goes 'waaahhhh', 'ahhhhh' & 'uuuuuu'. xD
She's also Celty in Durarara and Bishamon in Noragami, two of my favorite female characters in anime.

Also....I think Bayonetta's Japanese voice actress is insane for the characters she has voiced.
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Atsuko-Tanaka/

Poison, Chun-Li's old voice actress, Freaking Lisa Lisa and Caster in Fate/Stay Night.

Also she's Trish in all future Devil May Cry games and cameos, lol
Looking up voice actors always yields mind-blowing results. lol

I first heard of Atsuko Tanaka through Parasyte, where she played Ryoko Tamiya (the parasite-infected teacher), one of the most memorable characters in that series.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
She's also Celty in Durarara and Bishamon in Noragami, two of my favorite female characters in anime.

Looking up voice actors always yields mind-blowing results. lol

I first heard of Atsuko Tanaka through Parasyte, where she played Ryoko Tamiya (the parasite-infected teacher), one of the most memorable characters in that series.
Oh yes, I agree.

Mostly due to Cloud. The people this guy voices is unreal
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Takahiro-Sakurai/

Also @Taiko no Professor Layton will love who Cloud plays.

I still wish my favorite voice actors like Johnny Young Bosch and Travis Willingham were in Smash at one point. Maybe they could do Roy or even Marth at one point

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I would love dual audio for Smash games.

As for Fates, I heard some of the characters were voiced by Japanese singers, so NoA may have not wanted to deal with licensing issues.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey guys, sorry I wasn't able to contact, I had technical issues, I'm finally in Orlando like I said I'd be.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Looking up voice actors always yields mind-blowing results. lol.
:4lemmy: (Baby) :4morton: (Fat Albert) :4wendy: (Snooty Brat) :4larry: (...Larry) - All the same VA
:4roy: - Literally no pictures or data of VA found aside from name
:4iggy: (Psychopath) - Had the same voice actor as :4ludwig: for a while, but Ludwig got a new voice
Koopalings pls

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So seeing how this is the first time I've been to the Magic Kingdom, let me share my thoughts:

It's basically Disneyland but slightly different.

Yeah that's basically what it is in a nutshell.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I actually thought he would show up before the swimming part. It be hilariously ironic, since it's flame would go out.

But then again, so would Charziard's.... Although they can last longer in water.

Also, question, does anybody know if I could reset the 3ds systems, data and memory, and still be able to add homebrew on it?

Does resetting the data cause you to lose the 3ds updates, thus allowing you to skip it and then add homebrew? I am curious as to if it's possible.

epicmartin7 epicmartin7 you've been following the hacking scene on wii U, but what about 3ds? Would you happen to know anything about this?
Sorry for the extremely late response, it was late at night for me lol. Anyways, you can't lose the update data when you format your 3DS unlike the Wii U which (I believe) can. So, you can't downgrade on 3DS without using special software and being on 10.3. Although, just curious, what 3DS firmware are you on?

Last edited:

Chrono.

I usually like Yuri Lowenthal but for some reason I don't like him as Marth very much.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well.
He's 14 in the Prologue Arc of Shadow Dragon.
16 for the main plot of FE1/11
And 19 for 3/12.
He DID become King by nature of his parents being killed more than natural ascension.
To be fair, his sister probably would have had first dibs on the throne. Which is rather funny if you think about it and how it relates to the ending.

Marth pretty much became the Hero King because coincidentally all the other kingdoms decided to turn rule over to him due to various circumstances/just because. Maybe it's because I haven't played FE3/11/12 in a while, the world building of his games are solid but the plots are fairly shaky.

I really wish Awakening answered/expanded more on his games rather than leaving older fans confused/unfulfilled (who the hell is Grima?), newer fans with a WTF just happened explanation (That's it?). I would love a prequel game with Marth that answers all these questions.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I usually like Yuri Lowenthal but for some reason I don't like him as Marth very much.
I don't think it truly fits him.

I feel like his voice should be classy but nice guy feeling but a lot more smoother. I don't know a lot of voices that might work

D

Deleted member

To be fair, his sister probably would have had first dibs on the throne. Which is rather funny if you think about it and how it relates to the ending.

Marth pretty much became the Hero King because coincidentally all the other kingdoms decided to turn rule over to him due to various circumstances/just because. Maybe it's because I haven't played FE3/11/12 in a while, the world building of his games are solid but the plots are fairly shaky.

I really wish Awakening answered/expanded more on his games rather than leaving older fans confused/unfulfilled (who the hell is Grima?), newer fans with a WTF just happened explanation (That's it?). I would love a prequel game with Marth that answers all these questions.
Before I became a FE weeb and actually did research on it, I thought Grima was supposed to be Medeus and I thought Marth was the First Exalt
Then I found out Grima is a new character
And Ylisse is not where Marth comes from
And I'm now confused
If Grima is an Earth Dragon, then where the hell did he come from? Didn't all Earth Dragons besides Medeus go insane?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh yes, I agree.

Mostly due to Cloud. The people this guy voices is unreal
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Takahiro-Sakurai/

Also @Taiko no Professor Layton will love who Cloud plays.

I still wish my favorite voice actors like Johnny Young Bosch and Travis Willingham were in Smash at one point. Maybe they could do Roy or even Marth at one point
Takahiro Sakurai is literally everywhere in anime. lmao

Fairly versatile too, given he's voiced many different kind of roles and has a wide voice range. He has played younger characters and older characters, heroes and villains (including those of the more morally grey varieties), more or less emotional characters and so on. The guy is relatively talented and can interpret many kinds of characters without sounding forced, which is a quality I always appreciate in a voice actor.

(It's also kinda funny that his name is very similar to another Sakurai we often talk about.)

And I can totally see JYB as Roy. He's got a similar voice range as Jun Fukuyama and have shared some roles before (incl. Lelouch in Code Geass). I don't see Travis Willigham as Marth or Roy, though. He did voice Lon'qu in FEA, but given FE characters in Smash have only been protagonists so far...

I am curious about the FE Fates English voice cast and see how it holds against the Japanese cast, which by the way is fantastic. (Not that I'm considering getting the game anyway due to my gripes with its direction, but whatever. I'd rather not talk about it though I do acknowledge positives wherever they exist.)

I would love dual audio for Smash games.

As for Fates, I heard some of the characters were voiced by Japanese singers, so NoA may have not wanted to deal with licensing issues.
The main theme of the game is the debut single of a Japanese singer (who does the singing voice for Azura in the game) and, AFAIK, one of the characters is also voiced by a singer.

It's easy to see why licensing was a problem. They likely had to pay royalties to whatever agency for the usage of their voice overs. Same old legal mumbo jumbo.

Still a shame, though.

Burruni

Smash Hero

I THINK you mean...

A story revolving around Marth's Ancestor Anri who is the original one to fell Medeus using the Falchion and Fire Emblem carved from Naga's teeth when she took the proper form of an elder dragon because the details around that likely would turn to explanations for Grima who is basically set up to be the Satan for Naga.

Just me?

Okay.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think Yuri Lowenthal is fine for Marth, I just think his performance in Codename STEAM isn't really enough for him to develop a concrete voice. Half of his lines are just stuff like "I am ready" and what not.

Speaking of Codename STEAM...

It was my last day in the school today, and when I was doing a brick building excercise with one of the kids, I had a flash of inspiration and we built this:

IMAG0302.jpg

IMAG0303.jpg

...I guess it's close enough?

I built it without a reference and of course, there was a limited variety of parts.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
This should be enough of a sampling.
Ugh, his Japanese voice sounds way better to me...

Speaking of voice acting:

When I first watched this trailer and heard that catchy voice acting, I hoped with all my heart that it would become more prominent in the game as a whole. To have WFT being noisy like that during the entirety of a 10-minute time match... I would've liked that. Of course, we would've been able to turn the voices off.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Marth's English voice sounds alright to me. The pitch is quite close to the Japanese one... I think he just needs time to grow into the role, as the tone of some sentences are definitely odd - "How could you do that?", for example.

:231:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So seeing how this is the first time I've been to the Magic Kingdom, let me share my thoughts:

It's basically Disneyland but slightly different.

Yeah that's basically what it is in a nutshell.
Epcot is the only park on par with Magic Kingdom there. It's different, though. All the rides are concentrated at or around the tech half of the park, with the polycultural half being focused on gift shops and restaurants. There's a Japanese gift shop with some video game memorabilia in it, though, so feel free to check that out.

Animal Kingdom has like five rides and it's too hot. Dinosaur will be your saving grace, it's the only indoor ride there. I mean, there's a couple of indoor stage shows, but truuust me Dinosaur is better. You'll want to ride it more than once.

Hollywood Studios also has like five rides and it's even hotter. Not even tree cover there. There's a couple of indoor rides, but the new Toy Story ride has an utterly hellish line length. It's the only ride in all four parks that will drive you utterly mad for line length. I don't remember if it had Fastpass, but if it does, USE IT. Rockin' Roller Coaster is the one you'll want to re-ride there. It's not actually scary as it's an incredibly smooth ride (all the better for a wuss like me!), but it's still incredibly exhilarating.

Here's a thing, though. If you go to Hollywood Studios, sit down for the Indiana Jones show, and are 18+, resist the fact that you are frying alive and jump up and down and scream like a maniac when they ask for volunteer actors. Everyone else will be too overheated/bland to do anything, so you'll likely get brought on stage. From there, just put your heart into it and they might even give you a brief solo thing that has nothing to do with the rest of it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I've got a curious question for any of you guys. Is anyone here good with some form of graphic design or at least know how to draw in the style of anime?

Epcot is the only park on par with Magic Kingdom there. It's different, though. All the rides are concentrated at or around the tech half of the park, with the polycultural half being focused on gift shops and restaurants. There's a Japanese gift shop with some video game memorabilia in it, though, so feel free to check that out.

Animal Kingdom has like five rides and it's too hot. Dinosaur will be your saving grace, it's the only indoor ride there. I mean, there's a couple of indoor stage shows, but truuust me Dinosaur is better. You'll want to ride it more than once.

Hollywood Studios also has like five rides and it's even hotter. Not even tree cover there. There's a couple of indoor rides, but the new Toy Story ride has an utterly hellish line length. It's the only ride in all four parks that will drive you utterly mad for line length. I don't remember if it had Fastpass, but if it does, USE IT. Rockin' Roller Coaster is the one you'll want to re-ride there. It's not actually scary as it's an incredibly smooth ride (all the better for a wuss like me!), but it's still incredibly exhilarating.

Here's a thing, though. If you go to Hollywood Studios, sit down for the Indiana Jones show, and are 18+, resist the fact that you are frying alive and jump up and down and scream like a maniac when they ask for volunteer actors. Everyone else will be too overheated/bland to do anything, so you'll likely get brought on stage. From there, just put your heart into it and they might even give you a brief solo thing that has nothing to do with the rest of it.
Epcot is actually my least favorite park. :laugh: The multicultural stuff is fun but it only feels like there are 2 rides. And test track has closed more times than i have been on it. . . (Including one time they closed the ride as i stepped into the car. It would have ben my first time on the ride ever :/)

Hollywood studios has star tours, rockin roller coaster AND tower of terror so i love it automatically. The tot story section and toy story mania are also amazing because I LOVE thise movies to death. And mania is just plain fun

Animal kingdom has enough charm for me to not care about anything else. Also yeti

Nothing even remotely comes close to the magic kingdom though.

So many rides, so many side things, so much charm.

Such a wonderful phrase place.

Ahhh memories.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Epcot is actually my least favorite park. :laugh: The multicultural stuff is fun but it only feels like there are 2 rides. And test track has closed more times than i have been on it. . . (Including one time they closed the ride as i stepped into the car. It would have ben my first time on the ride ever :/)

Hollywood studios has star tours, rockin roller coaster AND tower of terror so i love it automatically. The tot story section and toy story mania are also amazing because I LOVE thise movies to death. And mania is just plain fun

Animal kingdom has enough charm for me to not care about anything else. Also yeti

Nothing even remotely comes close to the magic kingdom though.

So many rides, so many side things, so much charm.

Such a wonderful phrase place.

Ahhh memories.
Yeah, there are literally only two multicultural rides. I think one of them is shut down right now, too, or at least it was when I was there. It's best to stick around the front half of the park if you want to ride something.

I never had a problem with Test Track, though. Sorry you never got to ride it, the ride closings seem to shut down all the good stuff every time anyone goes to Disney. I missed Pirates of the Caribbean at Magic Kingdom last time in addition to the Norwegian ride, and the time before last I think Spaceship Earth was shut down.

Mania was fine, the line was just BAD. Not even Mr. Potato head's comedy routine could stave off how stir crazy I was getting. Fastpass should fix the problem I had with it, but that was the worst line I had the whole trip.

D

Deleted member

I finally got the motivation to go back to FE7 after my save got corrupted
Currently on Chapter 25, it goes faster when you already know the maps and skip 22x because there's no reason for you to play it anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom