• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, there are literally only two multicultural rides. I think one of them is shut down right now, too, or at least it was when I was there. It's best to stick around the front half of the park if you want to ride something.

I never had a problem with Test Track, though. Sorry you never got to ride it, the ride closings seem to shut down all the good stuff every time anyone goes to Disney. I missed Pirates of the Caribbean at Magic Kingdom last time in addition to the Norwegian ride, and the time before last I think Spaceship Earth was shut down.

Mania was fine, the line was just BAD. Not even Mr. Potato head's comedy routine could stave off how stir crazy I was getting. Fastpass should fix the problem I had with it, but that was the worst line I had the whole trip.
Oh ive been on test track before. Its just that the first 3 times i had a chance (height requirements) it was closed. That first one was just the worst. . .

Never ACTUALLY waited for mania other than once at magic hours (i think it was at least) where lines dont really exist. I dobt think i would have been able to handle a 2 hour wait even if mania is fun.

Missing Pirates of the carribean:
Pros: song isnt stuck in your head

Cons: everything else
Song isn't stuck in tour head ( i actually love the song)

Yo-ho yo-ho a pirate's life fore me!

Af this point you are just ASKING to get killed by haunted toys.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Magic Kingdom is my favorite by far. Animal Kingdom was great when I was little, but of the three times I've been to the Disney parks, Magic Kingdom became my favorite.
Anyone remember the Tom Sawyer Island? My brother and I loved that thing to death. But the strange thing was, we'd hear howling from across the river... Naturally, being young, we thought someone's dog had gotten out. But we heard it again. And again. And again... and this was over the course of an hour or so.

So we decide to look, and possibly swim over the river to find out what the hell was going on.

All we could see was a graveyard. Among them? A stone hound.

Now, we're at Disney, right? It's all fake, but for some reason, it made me morbidly curious. Why would Disney World have a graveyard? What's up with the old, nice looking house? I was dying to know.

Fast forward two years, we're back. We stop by the island for old time's sake, and hear it again. This time, we take action and investigate.

We were met with the Haunted Mansion.

So about 30 minutes and a mock suicide latter, we're out. I had no idea what the heck I'd been through, but I never wanted to do it again.

But latter, the experience got me curious again. What was that all about? So I studied the parks, the ways of keeping them, and naturally, the Mansion. And that's why the Magic Kingdom is my favorite.

The whole experience enlightened me on one of humanity's more strange habits; As individuals, we can crave what doesn't kill us, but from our minds we perceive to harm us.

Good ol' Disney.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I've never actually been in a Disney park. Heck the only park I've been in was a Six Flags a while ago (didn't like it though).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I went to Disney World twice

The first time I was too young and scared to ride any of the rollar coasters

But the second I went on all the rides.

Apparently the park is different now from when I went. I think they got rid of splash mountain?

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
How's everyone enjoying the new chars? Had some techinical issues so I haven't been able to try them yet :'(

Also I just saw a video leak of Rayman you guys! He's getting in! ;) (Remember the good old days? :') )

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
How's everyone enjoying the new chars? Had some techinical issues so I haven't been able to try them yet :'(

Also I just saw a video leak of Rayman you guys! He's getting in! ;) (Remember the good old days? :') )
I am just searching model for GMod. And i am good. (Yeah, i have a account on Steam now.)

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I am just searching model for GMod. And i am good. (Yeah, i have a account on Steam now.)
Good to hear! Oh nice, what games you got? I've been playing a non steam game called "Project Spark", anyone esle play that? It's a game where you make your own game. Just got unity, so I'm gonna be learning how to do that too :)

And hopefully launching a kickstarter for my card game in May, so I got a lot going on! :)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Yeah, quite a coincidence you're talking about past leaks, I just looked back at this. Remember this?

I recall someone here made it before. It was a pretty cool looking fake.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Good to hear! Oh nice, what games you got? I've been playing a non steam game called "Project Spark", anyone esle play that? It's a game where you make your own game. Just got unity, so I'm gonna be learning how to do that too :)

And hopefully launching a kickstarter for my card game in May, so I got a lot going on! :)
I have right now Undertale and soon, someone is going to buy GMod for me. And so, i am doing alot of thing with some person here when i will have GMod.
I am excited.:4pacman: Even tough i never played a FPS on PC before.:lol:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've never actually been in a Disney park. Heck the only park I've been in was a Six Flags a while ago (didn't like it though).
I haven't been to Six Flags in a long time, possibly since I was a toddler, but from what I remember it was much more. . .budget. . .than Disney is.

I guess it depends on what you want out of a park whether you'd enjoy Disney or if your Six Flags experience is a good judge of how you'd feel anywhere else. Six Flags is much more thrill ride oriented, particularly in the roller coaster department, while Disney focuses more on rides that people of all ages can ride and thus focus more on spectacle than scaring your pants off with G-forces.

The point is, Disney isn't exactly like the kinds of parks you find littered across the rest of the United States. You could very well still not enjoy either one, but the attraction types are largely different.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is a water park near where I live that was temporarily a six flags park. It didnt' start as one and it's not now, but it was at some time.

It's pretty nice. Years ago when I was hanging out with some girl we used to go there somewhat often in the summer. I haven't gone there once since.

Apparently the park is different now from when I went. I think they got rid of splash mountain?
Since no one has seemed to reply. . .Disney World updates their stuff regularly. It's become a running joke with my family that after we go home from a vacation they open up something new.

For instance Toon Town USA has been completely redone, there is now a "Fantasyland" which has stuff like Beauty and the Beast's castle and a ride for the Seven Dwarves' mine.

Splash mountain is still there though. I don't think they could ever get rid of that ride with how iconic it is. love that ride

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since no one has seemed to reply. . .Disney World updates their stuff regularly. It's become a running joke with my family that after we go home from a vacation they open up something new.

For instance Toon Town USA has been completely redone, there is now a "Fantasyland" which has stuff like Beauty and the Beast's castle and a ride for the Seven Dwarves' mine.

Splash mountain is still there though. I don't think they could ever get rid of that ride with how iconic it is. love that ride
Oh wow, really? They got rid of Toon Town?

That kind of sucks. It was a relatively new area too.

They had that Roger Rabbit ride

Edit: I think they got rid of the bear animatronics in the Splash Mountain area though

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Well, it was there when I went like six months ago and there's no news surrounding it, so no, Splash Mountain is still up and running.

I'm not sure HOW, considering what it's based off of, but then again considering a two second image in the talking baby section of the Reluctant Dragon Disney animation center tour movie and a whole song being racist towards Native Americans in Peter Pan, I'm not sure why they even bothered permasealing Song of the South in the Disney vault in the first place as no matter how bad it might be there's no way it can top blackface and mass Native American insulting.

What they did was add a Little Mermaid ride, a Seven Dwarves mine ride, and stuck some Tangled wanted posters in front of a bathroom.

*EDIT* :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why is there so much bigotry toward autism? It seems to be the internet thing

(I'm not actually sure bigot is the right word, bigot refers to intolerance toward ideas while autism isn't an idea)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

(I'm not actually sure bigot is the right word, bigot refers to intolerance toward ideas while autism isn't an idea)
Because it's an easy and childish way to try and shut down an opposing argument. That, and intolerance is always about on the web.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, you tell ME that. I expected SSB4 to have a second Subspace Emissary, and I'm still waiting.
Sure.

Well to be fair, it's not like people play the game for the story anyhow. It's like eating an ice cream sundae for the cherry.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
SSB4 would actually be fine in my book if they had not butchered Classic Mode and included an Adventure mode, whether it's similar to that of Melee or brawl. I got several other complaints about the fourth installment(s) of the franchise, but I'll refrain from spreading negativity among this thread.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sure.

Well to be fair, it's not like people play the game for the story anyhow. It's like eating an ice cream sundae for the cherry.
Hey, I'll eat a sundae for the cherry, if only for sheer novelty.

If everyone else just hates cherries and begs for cherryless ice cream right until they get cherryless ice cream, though, I'm willing to pay for the sins of others until the next serving.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Sure.

well yea but I mean I like the story T^T
Hey, I'll eat a sundae for the cherry, if only for sheer novelty.

If everyone else just hates cherries and begs for cherryless ice cream right until they get cherryless ice cream, though, I'm willing to pay for the sins of others until the next serving.
yea
SSB4 would actually be fine in my book if they had not butchered Classic Mode and included an Adventure mode, whether it's similar to that of Melee or brawl. I got several other complaints about the fourth installment(s) of the franchise, but I'll refrain from spreading negativity among this thread.
thanks Adventure mode was fun wish we can choose how many stocks I miss that ... freaking just two o.o

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So...I was thinking of getting another 3ds game, and I've been considering a few options (at least those that are currently within my currently accessibility, and not including currently unreleased titles in my area)...

Kid Icarus: Uprising
-I feel like a lot of people will recommend this game as it is one of the most critically acclaimed titles on the 3ds...I like my share mythological fantasy as well...

Yo-Kai Watch
-I've been rethinking this game despite the demo not really giving me a good first impression...As a creature enthusiast it definitely seems like its worth looking into...

Final Fantasy Explorers
-Running around fighting giant monsters with my favourite Final Fantasy characters (which pretty much means just Cloud, Tifa, et al)...though from what I heard its a more fun experience on multiplayer (which sucks for me)...but it still seems like an interesting title regardless...

Of course I could look into other suggestions as well...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Bigot is the right word.

I don't really visit a lot of sites though, so I can't say.

:231:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So...I was thinking of getting another 3ds game, and I've been considering a few options (at least those that are currently within my currently accessibility, and not including currently unreleased titles in my area)...

-I feel like a lot of people will recommend this game as it is one of the most critically acclaimed titles on the 3ds...I like my share mythological fantasy as well...

Yo-Kai Watch
-I've been rethinking this game despite the demo not really giving me a good first impression...As a creature enthusiast it definitely seems like its worth looking into...

Final Fantasy Explorers
-Running around fighting giant monsters with my favourite Final Fantasy characters (which pretty much means just Cloud, Tifa, et al)...though from what I heard its a more fun experience on multiplayer (which sucks for me)...but it still seems like an interesting title regardless...

If your not really feeling Yokai watch now, the sequel will probably come out later this year and is significantly better

You can't trade yokai from the first to second game, so you aren't missing much

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

Yo-Kai Watch

Final Fantasy Explorers

which 3ds do you have o.o and Final fantasy looks good btw
Gardevoir is overrated. Magiana is my waifu, period.
no

Last edited:
My favorite game of all time.
If you are a lefty you are kind of screwed though. Apparently the special controller add on helps but IDK. If you like 4th wall breaking humor and lasers all over the place you will love it. It takes a level or 3 to get used to controls.

No comment on the other 2 as I have not played them.
Gardevoir is overrated.
Take that ba-
Magiana is my waifu, period.
Never mind >_>

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Gardevoir is overrated. Magiana is my waifu, period.
I found Magiana to be a case of cuteness overload.
It has
  • Bunny ears
  • Gear shaped maid's headdress
  • A ball gown
  • Large eyes
It found it a little too sugary.

:231:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom