• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys.If your reading this post.I want you stop,grab your keys,start your car,drive your *** to the movie theaters, buy a ticket to watch deadpool,come back so we can gush at how amazing that movie is.Like really its so funny and to me perfectly captures what makes the character so great even if colossus and warhead are just there to be there
And yet you only gave it an 8/10

For shame

Am I one of the only few people here that find Generic SwordFighters in Fighting games interesting to me?
No. Swords are cool.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
And yet you only gave it an 8/10

For shame

No. Swords are cool.
In fairness the side characters really to me weigh the movie down.Plus the only super hero i give a 10/10 was the incredibles.And thats because its the incredibles.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In fairness the side characters really to me weigh the movie down.Plus the only super hero i give a 10/10 was the incredibles.And thats because its the incredibles.
I haven't seen it yet, but are their teases to other marvel movies in the end like usual?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
...****.

****!

I'm getting sick of these people ******** about the 'butchered lines' in FE Fates.

I'm sorry, but I would take the US version over the translated Japanese version any day of the week if people are getting their panties in a bunch over this of all things.

If you don't like what is in the game, TALK WITH YOUR WALLET! ******** ON THE INTERNET ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE **** PEOPLE!

/rant
.... *ahem*
the irony...

but yeah I don't see what's the issue with the US lines...sounds like something a little kid would say, even if it is cliche...

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I haven't seen it yet, but are their teases to other marvel movies in the end like usual?
Not really its more so focuses on setting up the next deadpool movie.Whenever that may be.Muh boy Cable gonna be a main star maybe possible villian in the sequel

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
sadly, it's not an mcu film
That's right, I forgot fox made it. I see it
Not really its more so focuses on setting up the next deadpool movie.Whenever that may be.Muh boy Cable gonna be a main star maybe possible villian in the sequel
Cool, sounds like it will be good.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ah I see, this is still common with a lot of hacks, they are pretty easy to find if light platinum doesn't suit you. Also I don't know if you know, but despite the name, Light platinum is not a Platinum rework...

Well that's interesting. Why kill Peggy? I don't watch the show but doesn't that take place in the past? I could be wrong though. As for the plot leak. That could definitely make the movie shocking to audiences, both old and new. It might not be a terrible idea to do so. I wonder who would kill Captain America and then pin it on Stark. I will say that while I know Cap dies in the comics, I don't know if there is any shadyness around it. I could also see Cap being revived later on, they may even go out there bit and have either falcon or bucky take over as Cap, but I find that unlikely. Either way, this is something interesting, I'll keep it in mind!
Peggy dies of old age; she isn't killed. In Winter Soldier, Cap goes to visit her in the hospital to find her bed-ridden and old with Alzheimer's. So in that sense, it makes sense for her to die, since she's 94.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Peggy dies of old age; she isn't killed. In Winter Soldier, Cap goes to visit her in the hospital to find her bed-ridden and old with Alzheimer's. So in that sense, it makes sense for her to die, since she's 94.
OH that's right! I forgot about that and mix up between the two cannons/ time periods.

Then that could very well happen. I wonder
How would this lead into the issues that cause Civil War?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OH that's right! I forgot about that and mix up between the two cannons/ time periods.

Then that could very well happen. I wonder
How would this lead into the issues that cause Civil War?
From what was implied, Peggy's death had little to do with moving the plot forward, other than to have the movie have a "bookends" feel with the two funerals. Just the healthy dose of realistic sadness.

From what some people theorize based on what was seen in the trailer, it's an attack on an airport by the villain Crossbones that drives the plot here. The Sokovia Accords are passed, in reference to what happened in Age of Ultron, and now this. From what people can gather, Crossbones pins the attack on Bucky. That's what's thought to tip Cap off this time around. It's also theorized that instead of the usual comic story, Black Panther's father dies in the airport attack, explaining why he chooses to side with Stark.

Personally I'm interested in the thing that LEGO of all things leaked...Ant-Man also gets to become Giant Man, apparently. I want to see how that's finally addressed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
From what was implied, Peggy's death had little to do with moving the plot forward, other than to have the movie have a "bookends" feel with the two funerals. Just the healthy dose of realistic sadness.

From what some people theorize based on what was seen in the trailer, it's an attack on an airport by the villain Crossbones that drives the plot here. The Sokovia Accords are passed, in reference to what happened in Age of Ultron, and now this. From what people can gather, Crossbones pins the attack on Bucky. That's what's thought to tip Cap off this time around. It's also theorized that instead of the usual comic story, Black Panther's father dies in the airport attack, explaining why he chooses to side with Stark.

Personally I'm interested in the thing that LEGO of all things leaked...Ant-Man also gets to become Giant Man, apparently. I want to see how that's finally addressed.
Hm interesting analysis by people. I could understand that vision. It would make a lot of sense.

And I have seen the lego bit, if true this should be a really good marvel movie!

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Random thought:
Disney Infinity 1.0 only had Disney/Pixar figures. Disney Infinity 2.0 added Marvel and so did Disney Infinity 3.0 with Star Wars

Ignoring the thought of Disney buying them, what are some popular franchises/companies you think have many characters that could be made into figures?

What's the next franchise/company you imagine Disney might acquire?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Random thought:
Disney Infinity 1.0 only had Disney/Pixar figures. Disney Infinity 2.0 added Marvel and so did Disney Infinity 3.0 with Star Wars

Ignoring the thought of Disney buying them, what are some popular franchises/companies you think have many characters that could be made into figures?

Honestly...
I feel like 4.0 would take an expansion into Kingdom Hearts with some more popular bits of Final Fantasy.

Edit: As an extention of a contract with Squeenix.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Random thought:

They basically said they're done with the big "themes" with the editions. It was just so they could get the three big "pillars" of sorts. Disney/Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars.

...With the Muppets being somewhat awkwardly lumped in with the first group. :p Speaking of, Kermit's one of my more wanted characters for Infinity. There's so much Muppet content in the games, but not the characters themselves.

As for what I'd want them to acquire, I'd say Hasbro so I can be selfish and have Mr. Potato Head in Infinity because as of right now licensing issues stop him. :/

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My last customer, who burst in after I closed, had a fake check

The company name was misspelled and the word vehicle in the memo was twisted into a nonsense word

Burruni

Smash Hero
They basically said they're done with the big "themes" with the editions. It was just so they could get the three big "pillars" of sorts. Disney/Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars.

...With the Muppets being somewhat awkwardly lumped in with the first group. :p Speaking of, Kermit's one of my more wanted characters for Infinity. There's so much Muppet content in the games, but not the characters themselves.

As for what I'd want them to acquire, I'd say Hasbro so I can be selfish and have Mr. Potato Head in Infinity because as of right now licensing issues stop him. :/
Was this your face when you saw the news?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think I'm stressed around february and march because of Valentines day and my birthday

Although, in march I get to make corn beef and cabbage!

Also, those mint shakes at mcdonalds

Last edited:
I told myself i would go to bed 2 hours ago.
You would think the brain would choose sleep as one thing to agree with me on. . .

I have realized the perfect day to announce Mother 3

Not E3
Not an anniversary.

Nope.
Valentine's Day

The reason?
Logic stretch so long you dont even need a rope snake

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/...ode-will-be-added-then-info-other-game-modes/

SFV is going the Splatoon route of adding modes as it goes along.
At first I thought this said Splatoon was crossover with Street Fighter V.... I kind of want that now.
I told myself i would go to bed 2 hours ago.
You would think the brain would choose sleep as one thing to agree with me on. . .

I have realized the perfect day to announce Mother 3

Not E3
Not an anniversary.

Nope.
Valentine's Day

The reason?
Logic stretch so long you dont even need a rope snake
With A picture of Lucas with his family stating:

Remember to show love to your family!

Am I a terrible person for that?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oro appears in Dhalsim's story.

That sent me for a loop.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I was just at FG when I came acroos a guy named Alex, a Little Mac player who was a little better than me, he won every match too. However when I got a little salty (Mostly because of his Smashes, and the weird feeling of BS) and rage quited the match (But I didn't left) he stared to become pretty rude to me with his taunts (Which kind of makes sence since I rage quit), when I told him to be a little nicer after the 4th match he said "SHUT UP" in front of my face, then he begins this whole "OH YEAH I'M RUDE, SEE PEOPLE I'M RUDE!" to me at the same conversation which was pretty rude. Heck even when I said "GG" to him he said "I KNOW" in a rude way, I told him "U still not nice?", he then said "SHUT UP I"M RUDE" and left.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah and Crimson Viper is in...Bison's?
I wonder if they're just there or maybe it's a hint at wave 2 of DLC.
Oro, Crimson Viper and Sakura HAVE to be DLC.

They fit in the story too well.

Chrono.

So far the past SF characters who appear in stories but have not been confirmed for the game are:
  • Oro
  • Sakura
  • C.Viper
  • Sean
  • Gouken
  • Juni
On that note, Gouken being dead got retconned lol

Something I wanted to point out, in Nash's story he meets a young man called Ed. Ed is likely the boy from Balrog's ending in IV but all grown up, also he can use Psycho Power.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I saw an edit of Temmie reciting a Bionicle monologue

I think it's time to go to sleep now

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've now unlocked EVERYTHING in FNAF World except 1 character

I am almost done

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So far the past SF characters who appear in stories but have not been confirmed for the game are:
  • Oro
  • Sakura
  • C.Viper
  • Sean
  • Gouken
  • Juni

Something I wanted to point out, in Nash's story he meets a young man called Ed. Ed is likely the boy from Balrog's ending in IV but all grown up, also he can use Psycho Power.
Added together that conveniently adds up to six characters...fancy that.
I don't think all of those are being added anytime soon though. I could see 3 of them being in wave 2 though, esp. Sakura.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
  • Oro
  • Sakura
  • C.Viper
  • Sean
  • Gouken
  • Juni

Iirc, I don't think he actually died?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And there goes my Premium. D:

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I got a usertitle I like, a name I like, and I can always buy more later. I mean, it's not like I don't have money. XD

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have no way of renewing my Premium as I can't use PayPal.

I have the money but can't pay it.

:231:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom