• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Kanye West actually showed off footage of the video game he's making.

A lot of people seem to be making really brash assumptions and calling it **** because "lol Kanye West", but nothing really stands out as terrible about it to me. It's a teaser trailer so we have no idea of how it would play, but the presentation is promising, and it is all in-engine.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I played Awakening without marrying a single unit, and this will happen again when I play Fates.

Why might you ask? Marrying my units doesn't interest me, I gave it a shot twice in Awakening but I became bored within the first few minutes. It's okay, though. All I need is tactics.
I don't mind it and I did a FEA run without a marriage twice and it didn't effect anything or anyone but damn it does make a bittersweet ending if you don't.

His whole life and history gets lost in time and is somewhat forgotten which is goddamn sad when you think about it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got some good replays in Smash last night.

I managed to two stock a very good ZSS as Corrin. Connection was really good too, goes to show how much of a difference that makes. Overall, it was a really fun match so I uploaded it.

The others I will just link to with GIFs, since they were mostly matches with a specific moment I wanted to highlight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxbsixMyBFE
I found a little denial you can do to Ryu's Side B with Corrin's Neutral B. It looks pretty cool. I did it twice in the match, but the second time finished the match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASjn0BmujMo
And here, I got a 0-to-KO on a Meta Knight as Rosalina. It was an inescapable true combo too. Rosalina mains tend to whine about the Meta Knight MU a lot, so this may be worth labbing to try and re-create, even if it was rage based.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHscjBS0ifE
And this one was just me being a ****. :p

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I played Awakening without marrying a single unit, and this will happen again when I play Fates.

Why might you ask? Marrying my units doesn't interest me, I gave it a shot twice in Awakening but I became bored within the first few minutes. It's okay, though. All I need is tactics.
I married the units on my central team, but everyone else and the children I waited until after I beat the game to do anything with. I don't think I even used the pair up mechanic my first time through.

I like the concept of supports, but I don't like the new atmosphere behind them now. I play FE for tactics and story, not matchmaking anime characters.

BTW is there a storyline reason for children in Fates?

D

Deleted member

I'm only marrying all the units in Fates for the chidren Paralogues
I hear you can grind supports but not Exp in Streetpass battles(and I believe online as well, I'm not sure, maybe even spotpass if that's still a thing)
I can't care about marrying the children units
Except Foleo :happysheep:
Still waiting to see what his US name will be
Inb4 Foleon

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Unacknowledged GimR happened.
You know? We've had at least three people who have appeared in this thread unexpectedly.

-Tama
-Serebii
-GimR

My question is, which person could top these...
...find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball: Nintenzone Z.
:troll:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know? We've had at least three people who have appeared in this thread unexpectedly.

-Tama
-Serebii
-GimR

My question is, which person could top these...
...find out on the next episode of Dragon Ball: Nintenzone Z.
:troll:
Gee, I can't wait for Sakurai to visit here.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So I just got back from Deadpool.
They pulled it off so damn well and I want the sequel ASAP.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Who is GimR?
Competitive player and owner of VGBC. Pretty much the biggest Smash streaming resource for tourneys and such. Also is heading BACK TO THE LAB AGAIN OHHHHHH NOOOO BACK TO THE LAB AGAIN

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know I think I'd really like to see a LEGO fighting game.

Use the Lego Dimensions cast and add some new characters and it'd be super fun what you can do. Include a building gimmick, and all types of different stages.

Also bring back Lego Universe

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Use the Lego Dimensions cast and add some new characters and it'd be super fun what you can do. Include a building gimmick, and all types of different stages.

This would be really cool. Add custom characters and the Lego breaking noise for whenever someone loses and Im sold.

Khoru

Smash Champion

no classic bionicles
0/10

Chrono.

BTW is there a storyline reason for children in Fates?
You get married, have kids, send the babies to the babyrealm "deeprealm" where they grow up incredibly fast and then pull them back to add them as an unit.

I'm serious.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
You get married, have kids, send the babies to the babyrealm "deeprealm" where they grow up incredibly fast and then pull them back to add them as an unit.

I'm serious.
Weeeell... Now I'm almost feeling sympathy for how Awakening handled marriage.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Why a lot of people hates the great maze in brawl? I played it before and I don't see something wrong with I like how it's big area and tricky.
Because they need to git gud. :troll:

Nah but people seem to complain about the gameplay shift of it being more like Metroid in terms of the layout, and the fact it re-uses assets.

I didn't really mind in either case though. Having a Metroid style level was a cool change of pace. And although it re-uses assets, the layouts are still mostly new, some even having new assets.

It's basically a culmination of everything you have learned to that point and I enjoyed that.

Chrono.

I actually liked The Great Maze.

Least it wasn't nowhere near as messy as Sakurai's other Metroidvania outing (Amazing Mirror).

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I'm serious.
So basically
Yoshi's Island

>Get Married
Mama Mia and Papa Pia (Yes, that's their actual names) get married
>Have kids
Baby Mario & Luigi obtained
>Send the babies to the "Deeprealm"
Over to Stork Land with them
>Grow up incredibly fast
Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's New Island (Wrong House) and Yoshi's Island DS (Right house, but gets kidnapped again) happen in the span of literally 2 nights (Night 1: YI and YNI, Night 2: YIDS)
>Pull them back and send 'em into the frontlines
:4mario: is suddenly an adult (And for some reason capable of time travel if New Island tells us anything) doing plumbing, construction and carrying bombs in World War 2 for some reason before being taken to the Mushroom Kingdom where his house is if New Island is telling us anything, and if that's the case how did he get to Brooklyn

Bada-boom
We got us story

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Listening to BSC's Smash DLC stream as I do art work and Nathan points out something funny.

:4bayonetta:: "If you need to learn how to talk to a lady, ask your mum!"
:4ness:: "OK."

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Terrible Review Time:

The Wind Waker is actually pretty boring in long gameplay sessions. It's because everything is stupendously easy and the exploration just to fill the map squares is repetitive as heck. Doesn't help that it's cartoonish and the world isn't too great since there's only like, 3 worthwhile islands outside the starting Outset? I quickly stopped being bothered to fight any great ocean enemies and just simply Swift Sailed past them. I only fight the things I need to in order to move on or get that one teleporting song.

I do enjoy some of the characters and the story cut scenes a lot. That's the best part imo. Some items are pretty awesome like the green leaf or that rope-hook. Music is pretty good too but only some of it really stands out. The dungeons have pretty great themes and there's a few puzzles that were challenging and bosses were creative yet very quick to figure out and barely had any challenge. Really enjoyed the stealth based (mini?)-dungeon and anything to do with Tetra & the Pirates was very enjoyable. The evolution of the Kokiri & Zora's into humanoid birds & seeds with leafs as faces will never make sense to me but that's okay as I found them both creative and cute. The graphics are nice and clean but it was expected for that art style on a HD console. Lighting is great.

I basically have 2 dungeons, 1 mini dungeon & 3 triforce shards to go and I already knew what I think of the game before this point. I really doubt my score will change and if anything it would increase by max 0.5.

7/10.

Now to order the Zelda's I played based on my opinion: OOT = ALBW > TMC > WW > LA.
I'm guessing 4-5 hours and I'll be done with WW HD sometime next week. I won't bother with any side stuff I missed once I finish the story.

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Question: Does anyone think Mike Tison could be a character in Smash?
It will never happen my friend. It's not a video game character. But if it counts then I don't see it happening either way. Punchout has other characters that could get in and the series getting another playable character is extremely unlikely in my book.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Why a lot of people hates the great maze in brawl? I played it before and I don't see something wrong with I like how it's big area and tricky.
Because it's sheer laziness.
They reused areas from earlier in the game, changed a few things and added connectivity between them with various fights.
I mean it makes sense but that doesn't exactly forgive the glaring issues it has.

Question: Does anyone think Mike Tison could be a character in Smash?
> Real Life person

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

I'm serious.
Dude

Why don't they

Make everyone have tons of babies to raise armies of badasses.

There's nothing ethically wrong with that right ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom