• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People have been doing it since the internet has existed, this will never stop.
And comments like this are starting to bug the hell out of me.

Like "X is bad."
"It's always been like that."

It's just a way to shut down conversation even if its true.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's not that the games don't have flaws. They do. All games do.

I'm just tired of people labeling them as **** when they honestly aren't.
But yo be honest though, a lot of that also comes from people worshiping the ground these games walk on. It's no different than when Frozen basically became the film to see for a good couple years, or when Undertale took the Internet over and then some. Naturally there's going to be a backlash.

Now that not to justify anyone calling a game crap (especially if they've never played it), but it's not like the other side of the coin doesn't exist either.

Shroob

Sup?
And comments like this are starting to bug the hell out of me.

Like "X is bad."
"It's always been like that."

It's just a way to shut down conversation even if its true.
Well, what else do you want me to say? I've been on the internet since the late 90's. I've seen people harp on all the classics back then, and nothing has really changed since.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But yo be honest though, a lot of that also comes from people worshiping the ground these games walk on. It's no different than when Frozen basically became the film to see for a good couple years, or when Undertale took the Internet over and then some. Naturally there's going to be a backlash.

Now that not to justify anyone calling a game crap (especially if they've never played it), but it's not like the other side of the coin doesn't exist either.
Well, what else do you want me to say? I've been on the internet since the late 90's. I've seen people harp on all the classics back then, and nothing has really changed since.
Like... I get why and I get how...

It's just still as grating as it always was and the sheer amount of people who are doing that now is disconcerting.

Shroob

Sup?
So, in unrelated news, how connected do you think this Azoth Kingdom from the new movie is to Project AZOTH from ORAS, which was...

Basically to use Primal Groudon/Kyorge's power to reset the world, using techniques learned from AZ's weapon in Kalos.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Inverse Battle goes against everything I know and live by as a Trainer, not to mention I'm uncertain as to whether or not I'm under or overpowered. Fire super effective against Water, Ice super effective against Fire...

Curse you, Psychic Inver and your stupid rules...

And how does one fall unconscious after you lose a battle?! "Here, take my money." *Collapses, then runs to a Pokemon Center.*

Might be another reason why I don't devote so much time Pokemon - I've no idea if I'm going to get royally decimated by whatever RNG is out there...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Inverse Battle goes against everything I know and live by as a Trainer, not to mention I'm uncertain as to whether or not I'm under or overpowered. Fire super effective against Water, Ice super effective against Fire...

Curse you, Psychic Inver and your stupid rules...

And how does one fall unconscious after you lose a battle?! "Here, take my money." *Collapses, then runs to a Pokemon Center.*

Might be another reason why I don't devote so much time Pokemon - I've no idea if I'm going to get royally decimated by whatever RNG is out there...
Inver's never required and he's the only time you'll ever encounter an Inverse battle

Shroob

Sup?
I did a little digging thanks to Magiana as to what other big events happened in the Pokemon world 500 years ago.

The only thing I could find off a few minutes of research is that's apparently the creation of the first Spiritomb as of Diamond/Pearl in the timeline.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Alchemy/steam punk Pokemon? Pretty sure a good number of my friends would fangasm until their skulls imploded if this were true. As for me, I've been waiting almost 20 goddamn years for a genuine tiger pokemon (no, I'm not talking about Raikou and I've had this argument on an almost yearly basis on this site since 2006)...

@PushDustIn : The competitive boards are currently ripping itself up about it but did Sakurai actually say patches were done or was that just a bad translation? Kind of driving me nuts too given the number of bugs Corrin and Bayo have.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Alchemy/steam punk Pokemon? Pretty sure a good number of my friends would fangasm until their skulls imploded if this were true. As for me, I've been waiting almost 20 goddamn years for a genuine tiger pokemon (no, I'm not talking about Raikou and I've had this argument on an almost yearly basis on this site since 2006)...

@PushDustIn : The competitive boards are currently ripping itself up about it but did Sakurai actually say patches were done or was that just a bad translation? Kind of driving me nuts too given the number of bugs Corrin and Bayo have.
Isn't most of Sakurai's team currently made up of Namco-Bandai members? Even then, if the game has some major problems, wouldn't they freely allowed to fix it up?

I'm not sure yet. Cause I still think there's a team out there, and not just cause of Smash NX, but the "Smash 6 hiring". I do think we'll get more patches to fix any glaring bugs.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Corrin and Bayonetta have such glaring issues, a patch should be made. Honestly, this DLC does seem to have been rushed.

Even if DLC is over, there still should be some monitoring in regards to the online mode. Someone has to be overseeing matches and such.

I do think there should be another patch to fix the recently found issues. Few of the other DLC characters had such problems and when they did, such as Mewtwo's glitched custom moves, they were fixed in about a week or two. Same thing for that Diddy Kong grab invulnerability glitch and other similar issues.

It's also a matter of principle, as all other characters had adjustments done to them whereas Corrin and Bayo just came out and already have some issues. It would be a stain in the game's quality to have most other characters' issues resolved, but not those two just because DLC is finished.

This is Frostwraith Frostwraith dream come true
Beautiful.

I would never. I love Banette soo much. <3

Granted, I love all Ghost Pokemon.
Sir, you have good taste.

Ghost type is best type. :094:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Have there been any Wii U SM4SH modding efforts or is everything kinda relegated to 3DS for the moment since it's the easier one to mess with?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Have there been any Wii U SM4SH modding efforts or is everything kinda relegated to 3DS for the moment since it's the easier one to mess with?
There's been more Wii U modding progress than 3DS as far as I know but only a select few can actually utilise mods for the moment the tools should be publicly releasing soon.

You can still work on mods and have them ready though, which is what I'm doing.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
When is the next Nintendo Direct going to be? :013:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
There's been more Wii U modding progress than 3DS as far as I know but only a select few can actually utilise mods for the moment the tools should be publicly releasing soon.

You can still work on mods and have them ready though, which is what I'm doing.
Ooh, awesome! I thought it was the other way around, since a lot of the videos I've seen with music imports and model-swaps have been solely 3DS. I don't think I'll have much to contribute in the way of making mods haha, but I'll sure download them when they're made! :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ooh, awesome! I thought it was the other way around, since a lot of the videos I've seen with music imports and model-swaps have been solely 3DS. I don't think I'll have much to contribute in the way of making mods haha, but I'll sure download them when they're made! :)
...I am tempted to mod Scorpion onto Link. If anything, later hacking tools should allow more than model swaps. He could throw a Battleaxe instead of a Boomerang. His B could be replaced by Bowser/Charizard's Flame Breath, Up B would be more of a Dragon Punch, but closer to something like Little Mac's Forward B(just upwards, but a very similar animation). Down B... anybody got any ideas?

He uses a sword anyway, so it's not like much needs to be done there. Maybe Upthrust and Downthrust could use slight changes. Ike has some more reasonable Air attacks that fit Scorpion's sword better anyway.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
...I am tempted to mod Scorpion onto Link. If anything, later hacking tools should allow more than model swaps. He could throw a Battleaxe instead of a Boomerang. His B could be replaced by Bowser/Charizard's Flame Breath, Up B would be more of a Dragon Punch, but closer to something like Little Mac's Forward B(just upwards, but a very similar animation). Down B... anybody got any ideas?

He uses a sword anyway, so it's not like much needs to be done there. Maybe Upthrust and Downthrust could use slight changes. Ike has some more reasonable Air attacks that fit Scorpion's sword better anyway.
If we got ever got a PSA-creator equivalent for SM4SH you could always go in the direction CaliKings did for his Scorpion Brawl mod rather than a Frankenstein'd quasi-clone mishmash haha.

Oh, that brings another question: Once the SM4SH modding scene takes off, do you think the same terminology will be used from Brawl Modding, such as PSAs?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we got ever got a PSA-creator equivalent for SM4SH you could always go in the direction CaliKings did for his Scorpion Brawl mod rather than a Frankenstein'd quasi-clone mishmash haha.

Oh, that brings another question: Once the SM4SH modding scene takes off, do you think the same terminology will be used from Brawl Modding, such as PSAs?
...What are PSAs? XD I never modded a game before. Closest is Zelda Classic stuff, but I suck at using it.

I would very much rather combine moves to be fair. The thing is, almost all of Scorpion's moves can be seen among actual moves already in Smash. Most axe attacks are simply just model changes from sword attacks. His flame breath is literally there. I think the only things that aren't generally in is his Uppercut and Roundhouse Kick, a Mortal Kombat staple(fatalities can be turned off, but not these things) respectively.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
As ChikoLad ChikoLad said, there seems to be more progress done for the Wii U version than the 3DS version from what I've seen. Currently there isn't much you can do right now other than preparing some texture edits (The models, spriters and textures resources have most of the stuff you need for that.) and sound files (Which you can find a bunch of them over at the Smash custom music website, be sure that they are in NUS3BANK format though) for when everything is ready.

The methods should hopefully be released sometime this month, for now just make sure you have automatic system updates blocked if you want to do some Smash Wii U mods. ^^

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm just gonna leave this here: http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1455154751741.png

Linked because lots of swearing.
This stuff is the reason I just stick with the manga's story/timeline (which already created the plot thread that Team Flare stole tech from Devon on harnessing energy). lol

Would be cool if that's what all of this is referring to and that Azoth will become an in-game location. I'm also loving a lot of the fan art from that thread.

D

Deleted member

Day 10 : Favorite Nintendo character

I'm gonna break the rule for once, and mention four instead of one.

Day 11 : Least favorite Nintendo character

Was going to mention Fi, until I remembered these deviltries.

Khoru

Smash Champion
I did a little digging thanks to Magiana as to what other big events happened in the Pokemon world 500 years ago.

The only thing I could find off a few minutes of research is that's apparently the creation of the first Spiritomb as of Diamond/Pearl in the timeline.
it doesn't matter a ton because gen 6 was a stealth continuity reboot

D

Deleted member

it doesn't matter a ton because gen 6 was a stealth continuity reboot
Not actually, considering the only thing it did was to add the Megas in terms of overall canon
And thanks to ORAS, every single Pokemon game is now canon because alternate universe

Burruni

Smash Hero
Not actually, considering the only thing it did was to add the Megas in terms of overall canon
And thanks to ORAS, every single Pokemon game is now canon because alternate universe
ORAS is part of Gen 6, technically, Khoru didn't say just Kalos.
But WHEN were alternate universes brought up?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Bugs?

D

Deleted member

ORAS is part of Gen 6, technically, Khoru didn't say just Kalos.
But WHEN were alternate universes brought up?
Zinnia in the Delta Episode
She theorizes that the machine to teleport the meteorite away from crashing into Hoenn would end up in another Hoenn, one without Mega evolution(which using Mega Ray was her plan in the first place)
And since this is a game, every single detail is inportant so it's clear that this would be true
It is a reboot but they only added the Megas into canon
The series now has two main timelines
FRLG and E-->HGSS and Pt-->BW-->B2W2
ORAS-->XY(though the equivalent of the other games in this timeline still happen as there's still mentions of them)
Other games like RBGY(not RWBY), GSC, RS and DP can still technically be canon due to the whole alternate universe but they can't connect into any of the main two(i.e. Cynthia mentions the Distortion world in BW, Steven makes mention of Emerald's events and tge remakes were made to overwrite the originals in the first place)

Burruni

Smash Hero
Zinnia in the Delta Episode
She theorizes that the machine to teleport the meteorite away from crashing into Hoenn would end up in another Hoenn, one without Mega evolution(which using Mega Ray was her plan in the first place)
And since this is a game, every single detail is inportant so it's clear that this would be true
It is a reboot but they only added the Megas into canon
The series now has two main timelines
FRLG and E-->HGSS and Pt-->BW-->B2W2
ORAS-->XY(though the equivalent of the other games in this timeline still happen as there's still mentions of them)
Other games like RBGY(not RWBY), GSC, RS and DP can still technically be canon due to the whole alternate universe but they can't connect into any of the main two(i.e. Cynthia mentions the Distortion world in BW, Steven makes mention of Emerald's events and tge remakes were made to overwrite the originals in the first place)
Gonna be honest.
By the time I got far enough into Delta.
I was pretty exhausted.
And I was button mashing a lot.

The bug that's the most infamous is how a select like 7 characters can't dash grab Bayo from behind. Most of these being high/top tiers.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This day in history: February 11th

• In 1990, underdog Buster Douglas defeated Heavyweight Champion, Iron Mike Tyson in a Knockout at Tokyo in the biggest Upset in not only boxing history but sports history. (And is partially the reason, not the main, to why Tyson's name and likeness was dropped in future rerelease sod Punch Out on the NES)
Games came out on this day:
  • Dangarompa, Lightning Returns (2014) and Xenogears (1998)

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

Day 11 : Least favorite Nintendo character

Was going to mention Fi, until I remembered these deviltries.
before I get mad why tell me why you hate them o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom