• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I just realized.

Even if Smash speculation is dead, E3 is in four months, and the NX will almost assuredly be there.

There's nothing really stopping us from futilely trying to guess what the launch titles for NX are roughly going to be and carrying the person who made the closest guess around on our shoulders like a sports champion once we get the results.

Here's my piece.

Zelda 2016 is going to be ported like Twilight Princess. Splatoon and Smash WOULD be the best possible system sellers, but they both cut it far too close. However Nintendo -may- announce the very start of their development cycles before the NX releases just to get the ball rolling and have more people lining up to preorder the NX, even if the games won't be ready for a good long time. Mario 2D nostalgia fodder is a safe bet, although Nintendo may avoid trying a casual game like Nintendoland or a good but risky game like W101 until they get their foot in the door this time. As for what IP -might- carry the NX in it's early days, I personally just think we have to look at what normally pops up at the very end of a console life span and consider the fact that the console life cycle is going to be skewed.

Kirby.

I mean, think about it. It's one of Nintendo's hottest sellers, and the time frame fits like a glove for how mainline Kirby titles work. It's no guarantee, but it would do the job while still sticking to the patterns set to an extent.

Speaking strictly wishlist, though, I'd love a Kid Icarus NX, but we all know Nintendo only wants to work on it's A-listers on console so I'm just going to sit here and hope longing hard enough will make it happen.
Something to note.
Kirby's last game was Rainbow Curse; a Spin-off.... in 2014 unless my sense of time is right screwed.
And Return to Dreamland's engine was largely ported & reused in order to make Triple Deluxe.
So HOPEFULLY HAL's been cookin' up something.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There is a certain franchise that has been in heavy demand for the past 5 or 6 years that has stirred up some controversy during the last e3...A game from this particular franchise would make for a perfect launch title...

Metroid really needs an opportunity to really break out as a franchise instead of getting these repeated dry spells...sure it's done well, but it's not nearly the juggernaut like it very well could be, unlike Nintendo's other major franchises....

It doesn't help there's always been something that held it back; Super Metroid despite being acclaimed as one of the greatest games of all time hasn't sold a staggering amount due to being released late in the SNES life cycle...Metroid Prime despite being the best selling game of the franchise was constantly being compared to the likes of Halo, which has at this point already made itself a household name...

I'm not really the biggest fan of racing games myself, but F-Zero is another one that needs something like this BADLY...

Metroid and F-Zero as launch titles for the NX would be HUGE....but knowing Nintendo....

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Something to note.
Kirby's last game was Rainbow Curse; a Spin-off.... in 2014 unless my sense of time is right screwed.
And Return to Dreamland's engine was largely ported & reused in order to make Triple Deluxe.
So HOPEFULLY HAL's been cookin' up something.
Announced at E3 2014, released in '15

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My last customer wanted to cash a $7000 check at the end of the day

Do you know how absurd that is?

I had to wait 15 minutes after my shift for the managers to find $7000 for this customer

I wanted to say "Hey, that's a little much money for coming in at the last minute. Come back tomorrow"

But he was stupidly adamant

Edit: I wish these people went to banks like REAL adults

Last edited:
Smashboards is weird

I might as well make more leaks to ruin you guys
Nibroc plz. Assuming this IS Nibroc

Also welcome to smashboards :)

don't do this to yourself
I won't be able to call myself a true metroid fan until i've faced every battle and hardship. Even if it makes me insane.

TBH of what i've played of Hunters and Other M has been ok. (well except Other M's story which is 80% garbage)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So this noteworthy:
View attachment 96241

In the short that advertised the movie before this reveal of magiana, someone pointed out that next to pikachu here, is a VI made from steel beams.

This seems to be a clever hint that magianna is still a gen 6 mon, and could lead into the southern Kalos, new pokemon theory.
I really like this theory.

BTW:Artsy Omni will join the upcoming SourceCast. It'll be recorded on the one year anniversary of the 'Rayman leak'. If you want to submit questions for the SG Team or Artsy Omni, then please submit them here.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Recently, we posted about Pokemon GO, getting launched on February 27th. But, now we got new sources telling us that Pokemon GO is going to be released in the month of March according to this article by GottaBeMobile. Now it is highly unlikely that Pokemon GO is going to launch on February 27th.
They seem like they'll post any rumor. I should submit some evidence that Pokemon Go will be posted in June. Maybe they'll make a new post after March 14th, saying "We've heard that Pokemon Go has been moved to June..."

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Has anyone here ever completed the Kalos Pokedex? I've never been much of a Poke-completionist (I did Emerald yonks ago), and am considering giving XY a go. I'm halfway through a Nuzlocke (Drapion, Golduck, Dugtrio, Malamar and Basculin atm) and considering once it's over I'll go back and catch 'em all.

Worth it or no?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Movie poster.
So we're having some Mega Evolutions involved? Well, hopefully they'll add some OR/AS Megas in there as well. I mean, the Diancie movie had a special showcase with the X/Y Legends during the credits, but the Hoopa movie, to my knowledge, didn't do that with the OR/AS Megas.

That's another neat image of Magiana though, and I only wonder what real-life location will be the inspiration for this movie location (currently looks like some European city).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Has anyone here ever completed the Kalos Pokedex? I've never been much of a Poke-completionist (I did Emerald yonks ago), and am considering giving XY a go. I'm halfway through a Nuzlocke (Drapion, Golduck, Dugtrio, Malamar and Basculin atm) and considering once it's over I'll go back and catch 'em all.

Worth it or no?
Don't you get the shiny badge or whatever for completing it?

If so, it's worth it if you like breeding

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
ugh why does nintendo always have news when i'm at work?

anyway i have one question and then i'll head into the latest pokemon news.

since it seems sakurai is confirmed to be taking a vacation, does this hurt the smash NX rumor or not?

and now to pokemon, magiana? is this a gen 6 pokemon or a new generation pokemon? what is going on?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Capcom is hosting a SF tournament on their YouTube channel.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

This is really interesting actually.

Makes the whole dynamic between the royalty and Maleficent very interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

This is really interesting actually.

Makes the whole dynamic between the royalty and Maleficent very interesting.
Malificent wasn't a fairy in the original version

Also, not inviting her WAS meant as an insult in the new version

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Does anyone think Ashley is a likely candidate for the next Smash game?

I thought she had no chance of being playing in Smash 3DS/Wii U, but I think she has a good chance of being in the next game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just gonna leave this here: http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1455154751741.png

Linked because lots of swearing.
I want to believe all of this so badly. So badly.

I don't get what they mean by the Regis tbh, but I've noticed that the lore in this generation has been surprisingly deep, ESPECIALLY in ORAS.

There was some REALLY shady **** going down at Sea Mauville.
Basically the Regi thing was connected to Project AZOTH. The AZ in that is likely referencing, well, AZ. As for OTH?

Look carefully at the shape of their face dots.

Shroob

Sup?
I want to believe all of this so badly. So badly.

Basically the Regi thing was connected to Project AZOTH. The AZ in that is likely referencing, well, AZ. As for OTH?

Look carefully at the shape of their face dots.
But isn't it confirmed that Regigagas made the Regi trio in its own image?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Does anyone think Ashley is a likely candidate for the next Smash game?

I thought she had no chance of being playing in Smash 3DS/Wii U, but I think she has a good chance of being in the next game.
That entirely depends upon what she does in the WarioWare games. She's popular, but she isn't like Rosalina, who is not just playable, but has her own story. So far, I can't think of any particular abilities that Ashley has besides magic. Rosalina outright did have her Lumas help her, so there was something there.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pokemon can add as many new types, new transformations, new evolutions, new mechanics, new gimmicks, and new convoluted stories as they like, in two weeks I'm buying Red on the VC and otherwise burying my head in the sand until Gen VII shows up in earnest at which time I may or may not decide to pick up the lamer of the two versions as I'm want to do.

I've reached that point where I just can't get invested in more than one mainline Pokemon game per gen. I'm out! Godspeed to the rest of you. :/

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The whole "AZOTH made the Regis" feels weak since Regigigas exists, and Regigigas acknowledges them as its underlings.
Well, ALL the golems could have been created including regigas

Part of being a golem means they were created by someone else as a servent

Shroob

Sup?
Well, ALL the golems could have been created including regigas

Part of being a golem means they were created by someone else as a servent
But then it begs the question, 'why'?

Regigagas was sealed away because people were scared of its power, and its underlings were split around the Hoenn region to keep it asleep. Regigigas has really nothing to suggest an "AZOTH" connection.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm honestly starting to believe in a Gen 6.5 more and more.

While it won't likely be compatible with the earlier gens for the new mons, I mean, neither were ORAS' Mega forms, and Zygarde's new forms most likely won't be either.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

People are really starting to rip on older games.

Sonic Adventure, Super Mario 64, Pokemon Red and Blue, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 7...

Yeah, they aged but that doesn't make them terrible...

Like have these guys played the games for more then five minutes?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
And unfortunately, while I initially set out to play Y and got a chance to pet Yveltal the Destroyer, I didn't make any further progress and just watched reruns of JonTron.

Current Progress and Pokemon in team for the Ice Gym: Yveltal, Hawlucha, Crobat, Mawile, Absol and Delphox. This isn't final, but Mawile's always been a part of my team since the beginning. That's it so far.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

People are really starting to rip on older games.

Sonic Adventure, Super Mario 64, Pokemon Red and Blue, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy 7...

Yeah, they aged but that doesn't make them terrible...

Like have these guys played the games for more then five minutes?
Most of these are nothing new.

People have always harped on OoT and FF7 since both get brought up constantly as "The best game of all time".

Pokemon Red and Blue are really, really buggy and slow when you think about it. That, and they have the whole "Gen-Wunner" stigmatism attached.

.....I honestly don't like the Adventures series. Music aside, I ****ing HATED the controls. If I ever have to play another Knuckles level, kill me now.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Most of these are nothing new.

People have always harped on OoT and FF7 since both get brought up constantly as "The best game of all time".

Pokemon Red and Blue are really, really buggy and slow when you think about it. That, and they have the whole "Gen-Wunner" stigmatism attached.

.....I honestly don't like the Adventures series. Music aside, I ****ing HATED the controls. If I ever have to play another Knuckles level, kill me now.
It's not that the games don't have flaws. They do. All games do.

I'm just tired of people labeling them as **** when they honestly aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom