• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The fact that it's a CGI live action hybrid screams disaster to me.

If Transformers and TMNT (the Micheal Bay one) didn't turn out well, then I don't see this movie being any different. But I will be pleasantly surprised if it does come out as a better movie than the live action Super Mario Brothers Movie.
I don't see this as a reason to think it would not be good.

Live-action/CG hybrid is just a visual style and has no bearing on the quality of writing. Many of the most popular movies heavily incorporate CGI too, like Harry Potter.

For what it's worth, the CG in the Sonic movie is being handled by Marza Planet, who do the actual CGI in Sonic games.

And technically, they've already animated him for live-action/CG hybrid, in the Progressive commercial.

So I'm not worried about it based on it being live-action/CGI. Movies aren't bad simply by adapting this style, it's just that a lot of movies in this style happened to be licensed movies, which are inherently harder to please with.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So... Magiana... Pokemon evolves too fast for my liking nowadays. I still haven't finished Y or Alpha Sapphire, and now a brand new Pokemon...

I'm probably starting to feel thrown around by Pokemon now in it's current days. Am I getting too old to feel pleasure in this series that I once loved as a kid? Is it because of the whole growth that the Pokemon experience has changed due to the competitive aspect that has grown? Is it that I've lost track and feel like I've been thrown out of a vortex in some fashion? Am I ever going to beat Generation VI before the release of a new Pokemon era? (I think I'll slightly confess one reason why I wasn't a fan of BW was mainly because I felt it was too early for a new Pokemon game)

I think I have to resolve this by playing Y, and maybe at least getting to the end of it.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Let's be real though the real shock is Paper Mario not being in, get outta here Wolf

I'm going to sit here for 5 years every day thinking of Paper Mario in Smash 5...come home to father

D

Deleted member

So... Magiana... Pokemon evolves too fast for my liking nowadays. I still haven't finished Y or Alpha Sapphire, and now a brand new Pokemon...

I'm probably starting to feel thrown around by Pokemon now in it's current days. Am I getting too old to feel pleasure in this series that I once loved as a kid? Is it because of the whole growth that the Pokemon experience has changed due to the competitive aspect that has grown? Is it that I've lost track and feel like I've been thrown out of a vortex in some fashion? Am I ever going to beat Generation VI before the release of a new Pokemon era? (I think I'll slightly confess one reason why I wasn't a fan of BW was mainly because I felt it was too early for a new Pokemon game)

I think I have to resolve this by playing Y, and maybe at least getting to the end of it.
I feel the opposite. I feel like it's been ages since Omega Ruby, I'm surprised Pokemon Z or whatever isn't announced by now. :p

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I was watching T.V. at the airport, and their was a show with Bill Clinton, one of the subtitles were mispelled, here's what it should've said,
"Will you turn your friends into enemies?"
And here's what the typo said,
"Will you turn your friends into animes?"

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I feel the opposite. I feel like it's been ages since Omega Ruby, I'm surprised Pokemon Z or whatever isn't announced by now. :p
Might be me having a Pokexisistential crisis. Had one last night when I saw some photos of the Pokemon Store in Japan that my sister showed me on Line. The only known cure I can think of is to just boot up Y and play it all day today.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The fact that it's a CGI live action hybrid screams disaster to me.

If Transformers and TMNT (the Micheal Bay one) didn't turn out well, then I don't see this movie being any different. But I will be pleasantly surprised if it does come out as a better movie than the live action Super Mario Brothers Movie.
To be fair, the first Bayformers movie wasn't even that bad. I liked it but the focus on the human characters held it back and made the later ones much worst.

And Live Action TMNT has worked before but the Bay version was really lacking and tried to hard to pander to the hip crowd

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Here is an example of a trope that is handled cringeworthily badly in the times I've seen it in action, particularly the two films under Live Action where one is filed in a note under the other.

I think my main issue here is that whenever this or something similar comes up, the characters are so. . .unfazed.

. . .Well, the "real" people are, the "fictional" ones are just DUMB.

All these things operate under the assumption that fictional characters would have no idea how to survive or blend into the "real" world, while actual people would see these fictional characters existing and simply either try to capture them for. . .painfully unexplained reasons or just act mildly annoyed.

No one considers the fact that if a fictional character actually DID appear in our world, the first reaction of anyone who saw this would be to either assume they were under the effects of certain substances against the TOU to mention or to utterly flip their lids.

No one ever examines the opposite possibility of fictional characters being the easily-adapted ones (as their nature of being from worlds with stranger physics that still roughly follow ours would imply) while the people of OUR world are the ones struggling to adapt.

And that's not even getting into the fact that by the end of these types of movies, any fictional characters are permanently banished from the real world and we're all left to live our boring, imagination-free lives happily ever after. NO. Why don't we throw away the Reset Button and see what happens when you CAN'T just fix your little reality-changing problem. Force the world to undergo the End Of The World As We Know It as millions if not billions die and the survivors are forced to adapt to a brave new world where nothing is as they've become used to. And the deaths are primarily because of not the characters themselves, but governments committing genocide on their own civilians in their futile and inevitable attempts to destroy the nigh-indestructible characters or cover up said characters' existences.

Because we darned well know Big Brother does not like cheery cartoon people.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Let's be real though the real shock is Paper Mario not being in, get outta here Wolf

I'm going to sit here for 5 years every day thinking of Paper Mario in Smash 5...come home to father
Much like the people with common sense who complain about MK8's roster... many Smash players would have bashed on his inclusion. "Oh, another Mario clone? Great."

I know he most likely wouldn't be a clone at all, given his meta, but he's Mario nonetheless.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't see this as a reason to think it would not be good.

Live-action/CG hybrid is just a visual style and has no bearing on the quality of writing. Many of the most popular movies heavily incorporate CGI too, like Harry Potter.

For what it's worth, the CG in the Sonic movie is being handled by Marza Planet, who do the actual CGI in Sonic games.

And technically, they've already animated him for live-action/CG hybrid, in the Progressive commercial.

So I'm not worried about it based on it being live-action/CGI. Movies aren't bad simply by adapting this style, it's just that a lot of movies in this style happened to be licensed movies, which are inherently harder to please with.
Wait, Marza Planet's doing the CGI!? My faith is somewhat restored since his animation suits Sonic very well and it's well animated to it's best (Thanks for reminding me of Night if the Werehog). I feel that it's too early to judge until we actually see an official trailer soon (Probably next month?). So thanks for the enlightenment, SB.

Now if y'all excuse me I have a certain sad sack to cheer up. Let's just say that today just wasn't his day (Those in the Daisy group already knows what happened).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here is an example of a trope that is handled cringeworthily badly in the times I've seen it in action, particularly the two films under Live Action where one is filed in a note under the other.

I think my main issue here is that whenever this or something similar comes up, the characters are so. . .unfazed.

All these things operate under the assumption that fictional characters would have no idea how to survive or blend into the "real" world, while actual people would see these fictional characters existing and simply either try to capture them for. . .painfully unexplained reasons or just act mildly annoyed.

No one considers the fact that if a fictional character actually DID appear in our world, the first reaction of anyone who saw this would be to either assume they were under the effects of certain substances against the TOU to mention or to utterly flip their lids.

No one ever examines the opposite possibility of fictional characters being the easily-adapted ones (as their nature of being from worlds with stranger physics that still roughly follow ours would imply) while the people of OUR world are the ones struggling to adapt.

And that's not even getting into the fact that by the end of these types of movies, any fictional characters are permanently banished from the real world and we're all left to live our boring, imagination-free lives happily ever after. NO. Why don't we throw away the Reset Button and see what happens when you CAN'T just fix your little reality-changing problem. Force the world to undergo the End Of The World As We Know It as millions if not billions die and the survivors are forced to adapt to a brave new world where nothing is as they've become used to. And the deaths are primarily because of not the characters themselves, but governments committing genocide on their own civilians in their futile and inevitable attempts to destroy the nigh-indestructible characters or cover up said characters' existences.

I'm personally really hoping the Sonic movie avoids this for the most part, honestly.

Main reason being that Sonic has been to the "real world" time and time again. There is literally no reason for him to legitimately struggle with anything other than laws and mundane stuff (which could be funny, though they shouldn't focus TOO much on it). It's actually a well established part of the "Sonic bible" that Sonic can simply travel between "his world" and the "real world". The games never elaborate on how he does so but apparently it is something he can do, and that's why the settings of the games flip-flop between the two so liberally.

So yeah I hope they don't go with most of the age old clichés for this sort of movie too hard.

*heads to the video game section because that is my domain*

"The entire premise of Harem Party eroge is an all-female cast of a fantasy video game jumping out of the main character's PC. The positive: he can bed them all, often at the same time."

Goddammit Earth.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah we get that a lot xD.

And I love the 4th wall breaks. MY favorite so far was when starlow motivates luigi by saying there was an entire year named after him lol.
WHY YOU SPOILED IT?

:(

God that was the best part lines of the game.....and you just spoiled it :(

But for the thing, I actually loved so much that 4th wall that I proceeded to bash my forehead with my fist multiple time because it was this good :)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm personally really hoping the Sonic movie avoids this for the most part, honestly.

Main reason being that Sonic has been to the "real world" time and time again. There is literally no reason for him to legitimately struggle with anything other than laws and mundane stuff (which could be funny, though they shouldn't focus TOO much on it). It's actually a well established part of the "Sonic bible" that Sonic can simply travel between "his world" and the "real world". The games never elaborate on how he does so but apparently it is something he can do, and that's why the settings of the games flip-flop between the two so liberally.

So yeah I hope they don't go with most of the age old clichés for this sort of movie too hard.
. . .Do you have access to the Sonic bible? Do you know who has access to the Sonic bible? Do you know where I can find the Sonic bible? I've heard of it's existence in passing, but this is the most concrete mention of it's contents I've ever heard.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Much like the people with common sense who complain about MK8's roster... many Smash players would have bashed on his inclusion. "Oh, another Mario clone? Great."

I know he most likely wouldn't be a clone at all, given his meta, but he's Mario nonetheless.
Him being Mario isn't that much of an issue. Paper Jam already clarifies he isn't properly called Mario as well. And that Mario and Paper Mario are different people. The issue is it's yet another Mario character(a good one, though). With how badly Corrin went because two FE characters were DLC, Paper Mario as DLC wouldn't have gotten better.

He's fine in Smash 5, but not being in Smash 4 wasn't an issue. We still got a great roster. Wolf being cut is taken harder because he was a vet, and a very unique one as well(with only slightly similar specials, only his Final Smash and Down B being even remotely like Fox's). Plus, the fact we have less Star Fox content than before got some annoyed. Yet we got a crapload more of FE/Mario/Pokemon as well. People are free to argue "but representation doesn't matter", but let's be realistic, people do care about it. It's just what it is. Life is like that.

Both Wolf and Paper Mario are very deserving characters, of course.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You are weird :urg:
.....ok I might have to explain that one :)

Basically, when i get a lot of these 4th wall, I react in......incomprehension. I just told me "don;t tell me they dare did that joke" and that feeling is so hard that I just have to bash my forehead. It;s a similar feeling to a facepalm, but it;s not the same context. You facepalm because you would be pissed about something, here, it's more because I found the joke so far that it leaves me speechless.

I know it;s weird, but if I do this, it mean the joke was funny :)

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Plus, the fact we have less Star Fox content than before got some annoyed. Yet we got a crapload more of FE/Mario/Pokemon as well. People are free to argue "but representation doesn't matter", but let's be realistic, people do care about it. It's just what it is. Life is like that.
Can we really blame anyone for that? The developers of Sm4sh had to deal with the lack of a real SF game between Brawl's release and its own release. Would Donkey Kong and Pikmin have gotten the same treatment if Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 hadn't been a thing? Yes, most likely.

Then again, we've had a Yoshi's Wooly World stage at launch.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
. . .Do you have access to the Sonic bible? Do you know who has access to the Sonic bible? Do you know where I can find the Sonic bible? I've heard of it's existence in passing, but this is the most concrete mention of it's contents I've ever heard.
That bit of info from it was revealed in a podcast with Aaron Webber (the guy who runs the Sonic Twitter. He isn't a newbie to the company either, he's been there a while).

I don't have time to go digging for it right now, but I believe SEGABits were the ones interviewing him.

Another big guideline of it that I know exists, is that Sonic is not allowed to officially tie the knot or even so much as call someone his literal girlfriend, and he's not allowed to have a romantic kiss scene or anything like that. You can imply he has feelings for a girl, even strongly so (Sonic X did it), and he can come close to doing that sort of thing, but he can never actually get to do it. This one was enforced because Archie were making Sonic romance way too much with too many characters at one point, so SEGA/Sonic Team wanted them to stop, as it was tarnishing Sonic's image as a "free" character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Can we really blame anyone for that? The developers of Sm4sh had to deal with the lack of a real SF game between Brawl's release and its own release. Would Donkey Kong and Pikmin have gotten the same treatment if Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 hadn't been a thing? Yes, most likely.

Then again, we've had a Yoshi's Wooly World stage at launch.
That wasn't what I'm saying. I'm aware. I get why Wolf isn't in. Not even mad he's out. I knew he was barely in during Brawl.

I'm just noting why some people feel that way. My only DLC complaint is there was no Pokemon courses whatsoever. Star Fox still has great content despite its lackluster sales lately. At best it could use Wolf back, but it's not "lacking" to any major degree.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's strange but I got over it already.

It's just like Mewtwo in Brawl to me. Completely mind boggling that he didn't make it in but not something to lose sleep over.
My thoughts exactly.

Now that I think about it, I was more upset by Mewtwo's absence in Brawl than I am with Wolf's in Smash 3DS/Wii U. Mewtwo is one of my all-time favorite Pokémon whereas I only know about Wolf through the Smash Bros. series. Sucks for the Star Fox fans, though, as this game didn't add a new Star Fox character whereas Brawl did add new Pokémon characters.

It's also very unfortunate that Snake didn't get to return, as he was a damn fun character to play as and, with the current guest character line-up, he is sorely missing in a way.

At least, DLC brought Mewtwo, Roy and Lucas back. :grin:

All in all, there are 7 veterans absent, one of which is more or less present in the form of Toon Link anyway, so in terms of characters, the gain is much bigger than the loss. Of course, the roles fulfilled by the Ice Climbers, Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle and Wolf aren't quite replaceable, which is unfortunate. Well, they're still alluded to in trophies, except for Snake, so they aren't completely forgotten.

As I said before, other crossovers have been much more cut-happy than Smash has ever been, so we're lucky in that regard.

(And I'll be off as I go have some much needed sleep.)

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
After my latest posts I think I am done here,I am already full of here,smash speculation is dead,everyone is now moving on other things,people freakin out for other "nintendo" games I am still jerking off to this forums A.K.A. THIS thread 16 hours per day like the stupid parasite I am.

I am not a moderator it's not my obligation to stay here double checking every hot news or debate/fight going on,but I still here just to comprehend the situation and fill my mind with information and internet behaviour,but for what I will use this or share this?

Noone cares the slightest.

I am here since the latest 2014,post 3DS roster reveal,but I fell I am even more,since most of the times I am digging old threads,checking old reactions,rumours,behaviors,and even origins from topics and members and bans that some remember,but for what else?

I will learn from this but I can't share of this.

As the latest I noticed only posts where I point fingers are noteworthy,the other are unworthy of mention since it looks more part of making my own twitter feed inside this thread.

The only user I can even relate somehow here is @Zoroarking because he is from the same country as me,otherwise we are completely different on mind.

I mean I will remember most of the personalities here:

@Kenith for his strong willing on defending his likes;

@Swampasaur for his title goofiness and not have fear to share your expressions;

@Fumi-Chan! for his silly speculations;

@CyberHyperPhoenix for his twitch memes;

@Substitution for his cranky legacy of advices;

@Annuga for being picky on mosts of the topics;

@Spazzy_D ,Push Dustin and the rest of the SG crew for keeping their site strong,and now turning literally into a rolemodel inside the nintendo fanbase;

Chrono. Chrono. for always being the early bird news wise;

Bedoop Bedoop for being plain silly;

NintenZ NintenZ for always taking stuff serious;

@JamesDNaux , SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft , @AreJay25 ,and the other awesome artists on the Rayman support thread,while we didn't make this time,we can make the next;

Wolfie557 Wolfie557 on the success of the strong belief on a character;

@PsychoIncarnate for already being here 2 generations of speculation;

@Arcadenik on another out of field strong believe that you can also be proud of it;

LIQUID12A LIQUID12A for being the sylux guy;

@Generic Username for being himself (and that's good);

@Rebellious Treecko for being the outlandish fella;

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon for being mega supportive with other people;

Falkoopa and the gang of the tryhard socials made by Cowboys,bored @Flight ,rebellious racoons,@Soul.,Oboro ,@Azure Warrior ,@Luggy ,Yoshis,waifu lovers, @Wario Bros. ,other sort of weirdos, and Knuckles;

@DoodleDuck97 remember you joining around the same time as me I can at level my vision with you on some sorta;

ChikoLad ChikoLad seeing you changed a lot since the first time I read your comments around here;

Chandeelure Chandeelure from the Bandana Brigade;

aldelaro5 aldelaro5 for being the paper mario guy;

Frostwraith ,Opossum,---,Ffamran and others for being very interactive moderators around here.

Other people like @Qrow , @EpicMartin , Z25 Z25 , Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth ,@powerprotoman , @Megabidoof , Coricus Coricus , Champ Gold Champ Gold , @Burruni ,@Venus of the Desert Bloom, @Megalon72 ,@Rie Sonomura,and much many others,that I could fit here but probally changed their usernames and then I grow tired for searching it.

I don't have squat to talk about myself other than sniff on other behaviors(developing a crappy wiki),and directing myself straitgh to a great and problematic path,that is imploding each day,is not helping the fact that stay wandering here being a good for nothing.

On the end even after my sudden dissapearances,I never totally quit since I constantly came back,I think I needed an actual post stating that to definetely take my decision, so I abide you a warm farewell and maybe I see this forum again 5 years from now,until then you may see me digging other places.

Edit:most tags broken,cant even fix that.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
After my latest posts I think I am done here,I am already full of here,smash speculation is dead,everyone is now moving on other things,people freakin out for other "nintendo" games I am still [ALL ABOARD THE NOPE TRAIN] to this forums A.K.A. THIS thread 16 hours per day like the stupid parasite I am.

I am not a moderator it's not my obligation to stay here double checking every hot news or debate/fight going on,but I still here just to comprehend the situation and fill my mind with information and internet behaviour,but for what I will use this or share this?

I am here since the latest 2014,post 3DS roster reveal,but I fell I am even more,since most of the times I am digging old threads,checking old reactions,rumours,behaviors,and even origins from topics and members and bans that some remember,but for what else?

As the latest I noticed only posts where I point fingers are noteworthy,the other are unworthy of mention since it looks more part of making my own twitter feed inside this thread.

The only user I can even relate somehow here is @Zoroarking because he is from the same country as me,otherwise we are completely different on mind.

Sad to see you go lad. I hope you enjoy wherever the road takes you! :4pacman:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

.......urgh....

I am going to be honest with you and I really am telling the truth: you are the only one that is visibly upset about him not being in.

And you are probably a very rare person to say that it matters mroe than wolf not being in, a veteran.

I know we both want him in, a lot, but there really is a limit between thinking he is worthy of a candidate and thinking he should be in at any cost. The former, you argue positively about why out of all candidate, you coudl consider him. The later, you basically advocate for Paper Mario being in NO MATTER what woudl happen.

Wolf is a vet and as far as I can tell he is really imo the only one that hasn;t been obsoleted by any means out of all vets not in. That's alone a very good reasons to think that it;s ok if wolf would get in. On that sense, it is also understandable that people aren;t happy he isn;t in (I agree there is a limit to being salty too, but my point is it';s understandable that people don';t like that).

So, don't even consider any argument for the characters and wolf already has a reason to bwe extremely considered. Tbh, there is no proof of this, but I am pretty sure he would have been at least considered (it';s logical deduction, I don;t see Sakurai completely forgetting about wolf, I think there was reasons that has to go with priority or something).

So the problem here is how exactly a newcomer who do have his issues (a risk of overkilling the mario rep) not being there like hundreds of others matters more than a vet that had past data, was chosen before and hasn;t been obsoleted yet enough?

To me, all Paper Mario (the series and fromt hat extent, the character) got is gain. A stage, much better representation of the series and a music representing past and present of his series (despite SS being bad, it;s still represented).

Considering this, I jsut don;t know why you are THIS upset. At the end of the day, he even has more chances than he had before ssb4 because he woudl now have a stage and even better, Paper Jam counters most arguments against him seriously well. To explain real quick, the fact that his identity was so splitted appart from mario (even explicitly mentioned multiple time), it shows that nintendo is okay with this and is even acknowledging it. From now on, it would be possible to have both mario and not jsut being the same copy pasted. Even the existence of the game shows that Nintendo still care about Paper Mario preventing obsolescence.

I am clearly fine with Paper Mario not being in. I asked a minimum a music because I found the representation in brawl awful and not only ssb4 had it, it came with a stage. I cannot again emphase how having a stage portraying JUST the series is a big deal if you consider how interesting becomes the main character of this series as candidate.

Just get over it, tbh, I would have put wolf before him anyway.....

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And once again, I'm not worth remembering.
JK

We'll miss you.

After my latest posts I think I am done here,I am already full of here,smash speculation is dead,everyone is now moving on other things,people freakin out for other "nintendo" games I am still jerking off to this forums A.K.A. THIS thread 16 hours per day like the stupid parasite I am.

@Swampasaur for his title goofiness and not have fear to share your expressions;

@Fumii-chan for his silly speculations;

@Annanuga for being picky on mosts of the topics;

@Spazzy_D ,Push Dustin and the rest of the SG crew for keeping their site strong,and now turning literally into a rolemodel inside the nintendo fanbase;

@JamesDNaux , SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft , @AreJay25 ,and the other awesome artists on the Rayman support thread,while we didn't make this time,we can make the next;

@Arcadenik on another out of field strong believe that you can also be proud of it;

@Rebelious Treecko for being the outlandish fella;

Falkoopa and the gang of the tryhard socials made by Cowboys,bored @Flight ,rebellious racoons,@Soul.,@oboro ,@Azure Warrior ,@Luggy ,Yoshis,waifu lovers,@wario Bros ,other sort of weirdos, and Knuckles;

@DoodleDuck97 remember you joining around the same time as me I can at level my vision with you on some sorta;

ChikoLad ChikoLad seeing you changed a lot since the first time I read your comments around here;

Frostwraith ,Opossum,---,Ffamran and others for being very interactive moderators around here.

Other people like @Qrow ,@EpicMartin , Z25 Z25 , Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth ,@powerprotoman ,@Megabidoof , Coricus Coricus , Champ Gold Champ Gold ,@Burruni,@Venus of the Desert Bloom, @Megalon72 ,@Rie Sonomura,and much many others,that I could fit here but probally changed their usernames and then I grow tired for searching it.

I don't have squat to talk about myself other than sniff on other behaviors(developing a crappy wiki),and directing myself straitgh to a great and problematic path,that is imploding each day,is not helping the fact that stay wandering here being a good for nothing.

On the end even after my sudden dissapearances,I never totally quit since I constantly came back,I think I needed an actual post stating that to definetely take my decision, so I abide you a warm farewell and maybe I see this forum again 5 years from now,until then you may see me digging other places.

Go in peace brah

Good luck in life and make the best of every day.

not sure how i'm "mega supportive" but w/e

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

@Fumii-chan for his silly speculations;

@Annanuga for being picky on mosts of the topics;

@Rebelious Treecko for being the outlandish fella;

Falkoopa and the gang of the tryhard socials made by Cowboys,bored @Flight ,rebellious racoons,@Soul.,@oboro ,@Azure Warrior ,@Luggy ,Yoshis,waifu lovers,@wario Bros ,other sort of weirdos, and Knuckles;

Other people like @Qrow ,@EpicMartin , Z25 Z25 , Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth ,@powerprotoman ,@Megabidoof , Coricus Coricus , Champ Gold Champ Gold ,@Burruni,@Venus of the Desert Bloom, @Megalon72 ,@Rie Sonomura,and much many others,that I could fit here but probally changed their usernames and then I grow tired for searching it.

It's a shame to see you go. Take care, dude.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm can get over any cut and he'll Wolf was in a sense expendable at any cost and anyone expected Snake to come back with even modern day Konami and just how no one contacted Kojima before gotta realize that things change and it hurts

However outside of ICs, most cuts never upset me and they were truly something anyone can get over.

Except the day when :4megaman:&:4sonic: ever leave, that will be something no one will look forward to

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
WHY YOU SPOILED IT?

:(

God that was the best part lines of the game.....and you just spoiled it :(

But for the thing, I actually loved so much that 4th wall that I proceeded to bash my forehead with my fist multiple time because it was this good :)
Sorry, I don't consider it to spoiler like, if others do then sorry again. I think if I said where it happens( which I won't) then it be more of a spoiler.

I also really like the princesses dialog( sometimes even more then Luigi). It paints them in nice ways.

I also expected a 4th wall break, butt there's been about 5 of them. Each very clever.

I'm almost done with PJ, so I'd recommend that if you play it, play it for the dialog, paper mario's specials, and because it feels just like a M and L game. Which is why I don't actually mind PM lacking a bit. IT's meant to be more of a maro and luigi title, so it makes sense.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

To be completely honest, any character being out is sort of a shock for a fan. And while the following isn't a complaint exclusive to this post(there are worse cases...you need only look at the KKR and Wolf fanbases), acting entitled when it comes to them really comes across as jerkish.

Even so this isn't even that bad compared to the above mentions so take it as friendly advice rather than berating.

Falkoopa and the gang of the tryhard socials made by Cowboys,bored @Flight ,rebellious racoons,@Soul.,Oboro ,@Azure Warrior ,@Luggy ,Yoshis,waifu lovers, @Wario Bros. ,other sort of weirdos, and Knuckles;

Other people like @Qrow , @EpicMartin , Z25 Z25 , Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth ,@powerprotoman , @Megabidoof , Coricus Coricus , Champ Gold Champ Gold , @Burruni ,@Venus of the Desert Bloom, @Megalon72 ,@Rie Sonomura,and much many others,that I could fit here but probally changed their usernames and then I grow tired for searching it.

Take care, son.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Goodbye, I wish you luck wherever you go! and maybe we will see you again one day.
It's a shame speculation is over, but I look forward to the future of Nintendo.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sorry, I don't consider it to spoiler like, if others do then sorry again. I think if I said where it happens( which I won't) then it be more of a spoiler.

I also really like the princesses dialog( sometimes even more then Luigi). It paints them in nice ways.

I also expected a 4th wall break, butt there's been about 5 of them. Each very clever.

I'm almost done with PJ, so I'd recommend that if you play it, play it for the dialog, paper mario's specials, and because it feels just like a M and L game. Which is why I don't actually mind PM lacking a bit. IT's meant to be more of a maro and luigi title, so it makes sense.
....I already played it......in fact, I already done my very, VERY exhaustive review (no kidding, this took 3 hours to type and is a monster of text)

http://smashboards.com/threads/thin...super-mario-maker.421629/page-2#post-20799659

Basically, so far I loved this game more than the other 2 m&l game I played being DT and sss (it;s complicated to explain why for each of them unless you read the review).

What i will disagree (and talk a lot int he review) is Paper Mario lacking......he clearly doesn;t, so much that his turn in combat alone is why I freaking loved the combat system. He brings a lot more strategies options and because it;s still m&l, it';s still more execution based, but the difference is it's balanced.

Plus his personality is awesome, I really love the cs when he transforms into stuff it just express a quirky feel to him like he was confident :)

I mean even his series influenced deeply the game down to the camera angle.....

D

Deleted member

Well, at least people seem to care enough to wish you goodbyes on you leaving. Can't say I've ever had anything of the sort.

Speaking of which, good luck on your travels.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
....I already played it......in fact, I already done my very, VERY exhaustive review (no kidding, this took 3 hours to type and is a monster of text)

http://smashboards.com/threads/thin...super-mario-maker.421629/page-2#post-20799659

Basically, so far I loved this game more than the other 2 m&l game I played being DT and sss (it;s complicated to explain why for each of them unless you read the review).

What i will disagree (and talk a lot int he review) is Paper Mario lacking......he clearly doesn;t, so much that his turn in combat alone is why I freaking loved the combat system. He brings a lot more strategies options and because it;s still m&l, it';s still more execution based, but the difference is it's balanced.

Plus his personality is awesome, I really love the cs when he transforms into stuff it just express a quirky feel to him like he was confident :)

I mean even his series influenced deeply the game down to the camera angle.....
I saw your review, it was nice! The personality he has is nice, and by lacking, I meant more references to the series, but I love his playstyle. He's funny in the cutscenes as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's always sad to see someone go even though as you said, we never had much in common
But still, goodbye buddy

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
That bit of info from it was revealed in a podcast with Aaron Webber (the guy who runs the Sonic Twitter. He isn't a newbie to the company either, he's been there a while).

I don't have time to go digging for it right now, but I believe SEGABits were the ones interviewing him.

Another big guideline of it that I know exists, is that Sonic is not allowed to officially tie the knot or even so much as call someone his literal girlfriend, and he's not allowed to have a romantic kiss scene or anything like that. You can imply he has feelings for a girl, even strongly so (Sonic X did it), and he can come close to doing that sort of thing, but he can never actually get to do it. This one was enforced because Archie were making Sonic romance way too much with too many characters at one point, so SEGA/Sonic Team wanted them to stop, as it was tarnishing Sonic's image as a "free" character.
Doesn't Sega like REALLY restrict what they can do with Sonic in the comics? I believe it's why pre-genesis reboot he was pretty much a side show to everyone else and their stories/problems. Because you can only work with one character so much. :V

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom