• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Alchemy/steam punk Pokemon? Pretty sure a good number of my friends would fangasm until their skulls imploded if this were true. As for me, I've been waiting almost 20 goddamn years for a genuine tiger pokemon (no, I'm not talking about Raikou and I've had this argument on an almost yearly basis on this site since 2006)...

PushDustIn PushDustIn : The competitive boards are currently ripping itself up about it but did Sakurai actually say patches were done or was that just a bad translation? Kind of driving me nuts too given the number of bugs Corrin and Bayo have.
3 people checked that translation before it went live. 1 of whom is native Japanese. Another is a professional translator that lives in Tokyo....and then there's me :p. The translation isn't bad. If you want to have another person check it, here's the literal Japanese:
長いに及んだ「スマブラfor」の開発はおしまい!! 最後までがんばった関係者の方々、おつかれさまでした。

It's very clear that development is completely finished. He also thanks everyone involved. 99.99% likely there won't be any more patches (maybe if there's something truly game breaking, they will come back and fix it? but balancing is finished as Sakurai is the head of balancing, and he said he's taking an extended vacation).

Also, please get your questions in for the SG Team and Onni!

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Day 11 : Least favorite Nintendo character

Was going to mention Fi, until I remembered these deviltries.
Why am I not surprised all of these characters are Zelda?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OH my Arceus! What have you done now badge arcade:
WIN_20160211_11_40_58_Pro.jpg

WIN_20160211_11_56_02_Pro.jpg
1 Bunny, 14 badges!

I can't believe they did this...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Other than the fact that it was an attempt to leak a Direct, what lost me completely was EarthBound Beyond.

Though I can see the Pikmin 4 + amiibo line thing happening.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Blegh.

So I'm slightly disappointed, but only slightly, since I was expecting this to happen. Another Disney Infinity leak happened, and we're getting Alice and The Mad Hatter!

...In their live action "Through the Looking Glass" versions, most likely, as the Lord of Time from the film is also included.

I'll be upfront: I was not at all a fan of the 2010 film, while I loved the 1951 animated version, and TTLG is looking to meet a similar level of distaste already, for me. I'd hoped Baloo was a sign that they'd start doing classic over remake, but alas. Now I'll just worry sick for when Belle and the Beast get added when the live action Beauty and the Beast rolls around. :/

*Still crosses fingers for Dipper and Mabel in 3.0*

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Guys...

I had an appointment at the doctor's office today. I apparently have a psychic illness/disease (troubles in social, behavior, and a tendancy for agressivity). I apparently received it as a 2yrs old when I burned my hands severely, which has left the trauma within me.

They try to convince me that, to prevent those bad symptoms from weighing me down, I must live my WHOLE life under the effects of the same medicine that has fattened me for eight years and ruined my life with its numerous other side effects.

I feel like I am condemned.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys...

I had an appointment at the doctor's office today. I apparently have a psychic illness/disease (troubles in social, behavior, and a tendancy for agressivity). I apparently received it as a 2yrs old when I burned my hands severely, which has left the trauma within me.

They try to convince me that, to prevent those bad symptoms from weighing me down, I must live my WHOLE life under the effects of the same medicine that has fattened me for eight years and ruined my life with its numerous other side effects.

I feel like I am condemned.
Ask for a substitute or go to a different doctor

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think that the new leak for 4chan has no effort what's so ever.... They chose to try and cover them stuff by supposedly leaking an European direct, therefore they can throw in already known titles, plus make up the obvious ones that we pretty much know exist, so there are no risks, or nothing new really.

1/10

Burruni

Smash Hero
In regards to the leak.
In the comments.
">Doesn't mention more smash 4 DLC"
I...
What?
Do people ACTUALLY believe there's more to come?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
In regards to the leak.
In the comments.
I...
What?
Poor Sakurai, even if he spells it out people still go around believing that there is still more Smash DLC.

The "Sakurai's a troll" excuse can only take you so far.....

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In regards to the leak.
In the comments.
I...
What?
I thought that was supposed to be sarcastic in that so many leaks put Smash DLC down anyway so "this one isn't real if it's not mentioning that, because all of the other TOTALLY legit ones mention it :^)".

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
"They said Bayonetta was the final NEW DLC character ;) "
Poor Sakurai, even if he spells it out people still go around believing that there is still more Smash DLC.

The "Sakurai's a troll" excuse can only take you so far.....
This isn't just even "Sakurai's a troll" kind of mentality.
Every source possible has been pushing this final collection of 7 dlc characters together.
I....
People believing Wolf would be snuck into the final patch with Bayorrin because of a Nintendo direct giving information shortly before the patch.
That, to some leve, I could understand.
This is a level of denial I haven't seen since the last Mother 3 Localized leak.
...Which I suppose is the same leak here.

A lot of familiar faces will return in SF5.

STILL. NO. SAKURA.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
When it comes to Street Fighter, there's oddly just kinda 4 characters I take any personal interest in.

Guile, Zangeif, Blanka, and Sakura.

Zangeif's in and Guile's confirmed for DLC iirc, but the other two are MIA.

D

Deleted member

Just updated my "usage-based" character roster, from this topic.
The legendary most used quartet
(As the title says, the characters I use the most)
:4shulk:
:4zss::4robinm::4cloud:

The often used
(The characters I use as secondaries)
:4samus::4falcon::4mewtwo::4falco::4feroy:
:4lucas::4lucario::4greninja::4darkpit::4corrin::4miibrawl:

The medium used
(The characters whom I have fun to use but barely play with)
:4mario::4dk::4yoshi::4pikachu::4marth::4drmario:
:4pit::4olimar::4villager::4littlemac::4bowserjr::4duckhunt::4bayonetta::4miisword:

The underused
(The characters who don't suit well to my way of playing)
:4kirby::4fox::4luigi::4ness:
:4peach::4bowser::4sheik::4gaw::4ganondorf:
:4metaknight::4wario::4myfriends::4diddy::4tlink::4sonic:
:rosalina::4lucina::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4miigun:

The 7 deadly never used
(The characters I simply hate to use)
:4link::4zelda::4charizard::4dedede::4rob::4wiifit::4palutena:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I swear, this year is seeing the resurgence of the "DBZshonenanimeletsfightinglove" side of various fandoms out of nowhere.

First SMBZ reboot, and now this:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I swear, this year is seeing the resurgence of the "DBZshonenanimeletsfightinglove" side of various fandoms out of nowhere.

First SMBZ reboot, and now this:

The two reboots are awesome.
The animation on this though is really top notch. Can't wait to see more of it.
And that Unleashed Perfect Dark Gaia remix is on point.
Unleashed has the best music

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really like this theory.

BTW:Artsy Omni will join the upcoming SourceCast. It'll be recorded on the one year anniversary of the 'Rayman leak'. If you want to submit questions for the SG Team or Artsy Omni, then please submit them here.
I think it works really well. And nice, I look forward to that!
Oh, another obviously made-up 4chan leak? Next time, they'll tell me the sky is blue. :smirk:
I know right? The sky is clearly yellow, the blue is just a reflection of the ocean or something like that... Cause science...

And I just read the 4chan images on the AZOTH files. Going to put together something in a bit...

Also the azoth files pretty much confirm primal volcanion for me, and I also believe it confirms the image I posted about with the gen VI. Because there is no way it's a coincidence that the place magianna comes from is named the azoth kingdom.

And it fuels my idea of another new type..

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I think it works really well. And nice, I look forward to that!

I know right? The sky is clearly yellow, the blue is just a reflection of the ocean or something like that... Cause science...

And I just read the 4chan images on the AZOTH files. Going to put together something in a bit...

Also the azoth files pretty much confirm primal volcanion for me, and I also believe it confirms the image I posted about with the gen VI. Because there is no way it's a coincidence that the place magianna comes from is named the azoth kingdom.

And it fuels my idea of another new type..
Where is everybody getting this new Pokemon Type from?! Ive been hearing theres going to be a new "Machine" type, but why are people theorizing this?

Slurpuff icon.png

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Where is everybody getting this new Pokemon Type from?! Ive been hearing theres going to be a new "Machine" type, but why are people theorizing this?
They didn't reveal the typing of magianna yet they specifically state it as mad of steel.

So if it's not a steel type why would Corocoro not give us it's type. If it was just steel it should be fine, if it was steel and a new type, and they hid the second, suspicions would arise.

The last time we got a new pokemon without a type, was slyveon. Who is a fairy type.

Last time new types were brought in, they did it in pairs.

So if the theory that Z will double XY's additions, then it would make sense for a second type. There is alos a big focus on machinery and man made things now, so perhaps a new typing will go with it?

It's just a theory right now though.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Look who's getting excited for the upcoming film. And he's even regretting his actions for the Sonic Boom incident.

Chris Chan will do anything he can to always stay relevant.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
After my latest posts I think I am done here,I am already full of here,smash speculation is dead,everyone is now moving on other things,people freakin out for other "nintendo" games I am still jerking off to this forums A.K.A. THIS thread 16 hours per day like the stupid parasite I am.

I am not a moderator it's not my obligation to stay here double checking every hot news or debate/fight going on,but I still here just to comprehend the situation and fill my mind with information and internet behaviour,but for what I will use this or share this?

Noone cares the slightest.

I am here since the latest 2014,post 3DS roster reveal,but I fell I am even more,since most of the times I am digging old threads,checking old reactions,rumours,behaviors,and even origins from topics and members and bans that some remember,but for what else?

I will learn from this but I can't share of this.

As the latest I noticed only posts where I point fingers are noteworthy,the other are unworthy of mention since it looks more part of making my own twitter feed inside this thread.

The only user I can even relate somehow here is @Zoroarking because he is from the same country as me,otherwise we are completely different on mind.

I mean I will remember most of the personalities here:

@Kenith for his strong willing on defending his likes;

@Swampasaur for his title goofiness and not have fear to share your expressions;

@Fumi-Chan! for his silly speculations;

CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix for his twitch memes;

Substitution Substitution for his cranky legacy of advices;

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen for being picky on mosts of the topics;

@Spazzy_D ,Push Dustin and the rest of the SG crew for keeping their site strong,and now turning literally into a rolemodel inside the nintendo fanbase;

Chrono. Chrono. for always being the early bird news wise;

@Bedoop for being plain silly;

@Nintenzilla for always taking stuff serious;

@JamesDNaux , SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft , @AreJay25 ,and the other awesome artists on the Rayman support thread,while we didn't make this time,we can make the next;

Wolfie557 Wolfie557 on the success of the strong belief on a character;

@PsychoIncarnate for already being here 2 generations of speculation;

@Arcadenik on another out of field strong believe that you can also be proud of it;

LIQUID12A LIQUID12A for being the sylux guy;

@Generic Username for being himself (and that's good);

@Rebellious Treecko for being the outlandish fella;

A Distant Demon A Distant Demon for being mega supportive with other people;

Falkoopa and the gang of the tryhard socials made by Cowboys,bored @Flight ,rebellious racoons,@Soul.,Oboro ,@Azure Warrior ,@Luggy ,Yoshis,waifu lovers, @Wario Bros. ,other sort of weirdos, and Knuckles;

DoodleDuck97 DoodleDuck97 remember you joining around the same time as me I can at level my vision with you on some sorta;

ChikoLad ChikoLad seeing you changed a lot since the first time I read your comments around here;

Chandeelure Chandeelure from the Bandana Brigade;

aldelaro5 aldelaro5 for being the paper mario guy;

Frostwraith ,Opossum,---,Ffamran and others for being very interactive moderators around here.

Other people like @Qrow , @EpicMartin , Z25 Z25 ,@HyperIrene ,@powerprotoman , @Megabidoof ,@Coricus , Champ Gold Champ Gold , Burruni Burruni ,@Venus of the Desert Bloom, @Megalon72 ,@Rie Sonomura,and much many others,that I could fit here but probally changed their usernames and then I grow tired for searching it.

I don't have squat to talk about myself other than sniff on other behaviors(developing a crappy wiki),and directing myself straitgh to a great and problematic path,that is imploding each day,is not helping the fact that stay wandering here being a good for nothing.

On the end even after my sudden dissapearances,I never totally quit since I constantly came back,I think I needed an actual post stating that to definetely take my decision, so I abide you a warm farewell and maybe I see this forum again 5 years from now,until then you may see me digging other places.

Edit:most tags broken,cant even fix that.
Farewell Friend, May your future be great here's hoping we see one another once again in the future.
All the best::4lucas:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If I remember correctly they said that the next Nintendo direct will take it in a different direction. I wonder what they meant.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
If I remember correctly they said that the next Nintendo direct will take it in a different direction. I wonder what they meant.
That's indeed what they said. I always imagine that they're going to host a talkshow-style presentation with the hosts and guests sitting around a table and commenting on the announcements and trailers as they come during said presentation.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That's indeed what they said. I always imagine that they're going to host a talkshow-style presentation with the hosts and guests sitting around a table and commenting on the announcements and trailers as they come during said presentation.
That's somewhat similar to Iwata Ask.

I do enjoy the W101 on with Kamiya and KI: Uprising and I wish Iwata did one with Sakurai for Smash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom