• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I think the blurred text is supposed to be an animation, judging the placement of it compared to the other words. But as mentioned, what would make it fake is the misspelling of amiibo.
I don't buy that. This falls back to the question I ask the most often about photo leaks;

'If the leaker found themselves an opportunity to take a picture, why not make it a good one?'

Why wouldn't the leaker take the time to take a photo of a still image? Am I to believe that they, along with several others present, were awarded a private screening for some reason, and then they nonchalantly pulled out their cell phone and took this photo in secret while all else present are blissfully unaware? In that scenario, I struggle to see why anyone would be allowed near this footage with a cell phone in the same room, let alone what conditions would even warrant such an unrealistic scenario.

Yes, I'm blissfully ignoring the 'Amiibo' spelling for now - that's quite enough to kill it right there (unless somehow the scenario I presented is what happened as sort of a 'proofreading' screening). I'm doing so intentionally so I can strike at something else bothering me a layer deeper.

The Sonic one looks more convincing to me, but that's probably just because I can't read Japanese (though the Toon Link costume render and bow look very nice).

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I think it's ridiculous in the sense that it's a lot of pressure to put on the people. Most campaigns don't ask for nearly as much.

But the fact is, the budget they want for the game isn't especially large. 1.5 mil from devs + 2 mil from their partner if the campaign succeeds = 3.5 million. Kickstarter is great for games but I think it's skewed people's perception of how much money goes into them.

I don't mean to be telling you stuff you already know, I'm just making a general statement here.

I played Indivisible's demo and really liked it, so I was thinking of backing it for both that and my boy Shovel Knight. :V
Uh, yes it is. It's huge! It's bigger then Yooka-Laylee! It's the most money asked I've seen in a long time.

It does look like a good game, though.

Technically, it's not. Tama never said it had to be in October.

Granted, I don't believe in the leak, but just saying, it's not 'dead'.
I believe he did actually

It isn't though.
They gave a very vague timeline of "1-2 months" and even if we're extremely pedantic I think it's just now hitting its deadline.
I just don't think Shovel Knight has a chance at all. And I'm also very sick and tired of hearing about that leak.

Last edited:

Chrono.

SK either happens in the Direct or he's dead.

No buts or ifs. tired of sugarcoating

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It will be nice to see the "third-parties must be legendary to be included" and "indies never gonna happen" arguments go the way of recency not mattering and third-parties having no place in Smash, among other outdated "rules" the fanbase concocted.

For a few minutes at least before people then start seriously suggesting like D-tier third-parties. Though I guess they've more or less been doing that since the ballot. Or Snake. Heh.

This fanbase sometimes.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Dead or not I think we can all agree this is (probably) the last chance for the Shovel Knight rumour.
After that we can completely forget about it.
SK either happens in the Direct or he's dead.

No buts or ifs. tired of sugarcoating
Agreed. This is SK's last stand.

Hate to open this can of worms again, but what about Inklings? Are we as a collective whole giving them a chance with this Direct?

No one is implying he's bound by it, but it there is no denying that every direct that did have Smash news was RT by Sakurai, and ones that didn't lacked such news. So there is an apparent pattern to these things, and while it can be broken, it can just as easily (if not moreso) still be followed and we either get news after he RTs or we don't when he doesn't. So there's nothing wrong in paying attention to the RT and seeing if he does, because it has been a good indicator so far and still could be for future reference.
Sure, that's all well and good. So long as we don't go so far as to claim that the absence of a retweet guarantees there's no Smash news, it's a safe assumption.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
It will be nice to see the "third-parties must be legendary to be included" and "indies never gonna happen" arguments go the way of recency not mattering and third-parties having no place in Smash, among other outdated "rules" the fanbase concocted.

For a few minutes at least before people then start seriously suggesting like D-tier third-parties. Though I guess they've more or less been doing that since the ballot. Or Snake. Heh.

This fanbase sometimes.
Are you implying Snake's a D-Tier third party, or what am I missing?

Agreed. This is SK's last stand.

Hate to open this can of worms again, but what about Inklings? Are we as a collective whole giving them a chance with this Direct?
I know I'm not. Their rumor was disproved, nothing is pointing to them.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
Uh, yes it is. It's huge! It's bigger then Yooka-Laylee! It's the most money asked I've seen in a long time.
lab zero isn't a company that sugarcoats their development costs
1.5M is very, very little compared to how much AAA games cost to make
all indie games aren't made with a copy of rpg maker

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
lab zero isn't a company that sugarcoats their development costs
1.5M is very, very little compared to how much AAA games cost to make
all indie games aren't made with a copy of rpg maker
That doesn't mean it's not outrageous for an indie game. It's a high-demanding game, simple as that.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm not going to put them as "shoo-ins" But anything could really happen in the end.

But I'm not going to hold my breath over them.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Are you implying Snake's a D-Tier third party, or what am I missing?
No, just that people have been advocating for like nobody third-parties ever since Snake, the first third-party, opened the floodgates.

Snake's an A-tier and a pretty cool guy. Though I will always contend his place in a Nintendo crossover is dubious.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
No, just that people have been advocating for like nobody third-parties ever since Snake, the first third-party, opened the floodgates.

Snake's an A-tier and a pretty cool guy. Though I will always contend his place in a Nintendo crossover is dubious.
Yea. Metal Gear is a pretty cool guy. Shoots Patriots and doesn't give a fiddle.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In all seriousness the fact Yacht Club Games is holding an AMA on the 12th doesn't really mean anything.
November 12th isn't some secret word only people with Nintendo news has access to, everyone can see it.
Yea. Metal Gear is a pretty cool guy. Shoots Patriots and doesn't give a fiddle.
They say Snake's glare can hurt ghosts.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I finally finished my latest level in Mario Maker:

The Glitz Pit!
( E611-0000-00E3-BD44)

In this level, you play through the classic Paper mario Chapter! Fight through the Glitz pit Arena and try to get the Crystal Star!

I put a lot of effort and work into this( nearly 3 weeks of testing, and redesigning!), I spent a lot of time watching a playthrough of the game and making the level based around it! There are many nods and references to the original game! Please play and if you can, give me some feedback, especially if you find all the secrets!

Thanks, but I remember it a little later, great game!
Remember me when i come back tommorow to play your level. I am huge PM fan so it really interest me. :)

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice

It does look like a good game, though..
Except Yooka-Laylee's budget is being made up of more than what's in the Kickstarter. Originally, Playtonic were funding the game themselves before they opened the Kickstarter, and decided to move to crowdfunding, because they realized that the scope and quality of the game could be improved with an additional budget. Their request on Kickstarter was pretty modest, of course, but other money was already set aside for the game.

Khoru

Smash Champion
That doesn't mean it's not outrageous for an indie game. It's a high-demanding game, simple as that.
what counts as indie to you? is it only indie if it's made by one person with a budget of $10?
funds for game dev aren't deterministic. a large portion of existing "major" indies have been made with a smallish amount of money comparatively, but that doesn't and shouldn't disqualify any dev that wants to make something of larger scale/scope
this is 60fps 2d animation
also, bloodstained has ~$5M in dev costs

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I think I might be at the final boss of Yo-kai Watch. Just in case I am, here is my final party for the fight.
I'm using that skeleton girl too

But, apparently there is a B class recolor of her named "Skelebella" that I can't seem to find again.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
MY hype levels would be super-high for any reveal, but any of these would make my head fly into the stratosphere:

-Snake
-Wolf
-Paper Mario
-Sukapon
-Chibi Robo
-King K. Rool

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
My hype levels for potential character reveals:

HYPEEEEEEE:
Anyone

Except maybe Wolf, Inkling, or King K. Rool since they are obvious, but let's be real, I'd be still excited for all of them

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
My hype levels for potential character reveals:

Anyone:
HYPEEE

Except maybe Wolf, Inkling, or King K. Rool since they are obvious, but let's be real, I'd be still excited for all of them
^ I heavily approve of Wolf, Inkling and K. Rool. I've had a feeling that we were going to be getting at least one veteran from the ballot. If it does end up being just 3, that's a pretty solid way to end it. Speaking of K Rool, I am really hoping we get at least one villain as DLC (if we don't get K Rool). That's the only thing I've been bummed about in the Smash 4 Roster is the lack of villains. I mean if people want they could argue we got 8 villains because Bowser Jr and the Koopalings but... yeah. No. haha

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I feel like this is Yacht Club when it comes to these rumors sometimes.
If it was scheduled AFTER the Direct I'd be super suspicious, but they're holding an AMA 2 hours before the Direct so... there's no way they're going to reveal anything right before the Direct.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yer a mii wizard Harreh.

Glad to see stupid leaks back in full force.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think I might head to a different part of the boards until the Direct.

It probably won't get spoiled, but I kinda wanna be surprised this time around. I love leaks tho...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
please please please let there be isaac, wolf, king k rool, inkling, and a worthy 3rd party character.

*i'm keeping my expectations low and fearing the worst.*

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I've seen comments outside of this forum that has made me raise my eyebrow pretty hard, but anyone that thinks Indivisible should cost less than $1.5 million to develop has no idea what they're talking about and has no idea how game development works.

$1.5 million is seriously nothing compared to what many companies actually spend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom