• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, then why did he spoil the surprise every single other time before this one?
Because WayForward would retweet Sakurai's retweet just to cling onto the small sliver of hope they're wasting
*insert Flowey here*

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
True, but there's still time in between now and then.

I have a hard time believing we'd get a Direct with 0 Smash related news.
At the bare minimum, they need to address the ballot. It already looks kinda bad that a month has gone by without even so much as a "Thanks! We're tallying the results, check back with us soon!" Think of the impression it would leave if they don't bring it up at all during a direct right before the holidays.

This isn't me being an entitled fan boy demanding muh smush nooz. This is business sense. If you give your customers an expectation that you'll address their feedback, there's no good that can come from not even acknowledging its existence.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Half of the Fakemon I see, I wish were actual Pokemon
Some fans can come up with some really cool ideas
I know there was a fangame that was going to be 100% Fakemons, don't remember its name but I played the demo and tried to Nuzlocke it, didn't end well :^)
But there was a ****ing Dark/Ghost Cowboy Pokemon or some **** and that was hella rad
I know this one!!! Damn, I can't remember it. It's name was like desperado and the guy that used it was your rival. I played this, but can't rememer the name. I have to find this now!
I'm still 8 pages behind, so I don't know if someone already answered this, but you're thinking of Pokémon Sage, and Somberado.

Check out capx.wikia.com, it has all the info on it. It's actually pretty neat and the designs are awesome.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
IF LEGIT:

All this Toonie love is just amazing~!
I agree, I love all attention given to Toon Link. (so much so that I run an rp blog for him? oops?)

Anyway, I wonder what'll differ between the Directs. Japan may get different info on some games than what NA may get, due to release dates. Like...they may get more info in Hyrule Warriors Legends, while we'll get English confirmation of Toon Link, Skull Kid, maybe more?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Actually, yeah.

It was a good rule of thumb because when he didn't RT them, we didn't get any Smash news (like in the DIrect with MM3D and the other Direct with Young Link in HW, Sakurai didn't RT those).
Eh... don't take this the wrong way, but this is one of those fan rules that doesn't have any actual basis in reality. It's kind of like saying "I have a perfectly fair coin, I've flipped it 9 times, and all 9 times it came up heads. Therefore, I'm 100% certain that on the tenth flip, it'll be heads." It's a logical fallacy.

Point in case, Sakurai is neither bound by contract nor cosmic law to retweet the Direct if Smash news is coming. In fact, it's perfectly within his character to decide not to retweet specifically because there's Smash news that he wants to be a surprise, and he knows people make assumptions based on his actions.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm also curious why the third item is blurred out if all else is otherwise being leaked... I'm guessing it's a pretty well-done fake.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm also curious why the third item is blurred out if all else is otherwise being leaked... I'm guessing it's a pretty well-done fake.
I think the blurred text is supposed to be an animation, judging the placement of it compared to the other words. But as mentioned, what would make it fake is the misspelling of amiibo.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Before anyone says Nintendo could have just misspelled it, they spent two paragraphs or so when amiibo were first announced to go over the proper usage.

Amiibo is wrong
amiibos is wrong too

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I finally finished my latest level in Mario Maker:

The Glitz Pit!
( E611-0000-00E3-BD44)

In this level, you play through the classic Paper mario Chapter! Fight through the Glitz pit Arena and try to get the Crystal Star!

I put a lot of effort and work into this( nearly 3 weeks of testing, and redesigning!), I spent a lot of time watching a playthrough of the game and making the level based around it! There are many nods and references to the original game! Please play and if you can, give me some feedback, especially if you find all the secrets!
I'm still 8 pages behind, so I don't know if someone already answered this, but you're thinking of Pokémon Sage, and Somberado.

Check out capx.wikia.com, it has all the info on it. It's actually pretty neat and the designs are awesome.
Thanks, but I remember it a little later, great game!

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Eh... don't take this the wrong way, but this is one of those fan rules that doesn't have any actual basis in reality. It's kind of like saying "I have a perfectly fair coin, I've flipped it 9 times, and all 9 times it came up heads. Therefore, I'm 100% certain that on the tenth flip, it'll be heads." It's a logical fallacy.

Point in case, Sakurai is neither bound by contract nor cosmic law to retweet the Direct if Smash news is coming. In fact, it's perfectly within his character to decide not to retweet specifically because there's Smash news that he wants to be a surprise, and he knows people make assumptions based on his actions.
No one is implying he's bound by it, but it there is no denying that every direct that did have Smash news was RT by Sakurai, and ones that didn't lacked such news. So there is an apparent pattern to these things, and while it can be broken, it can just as easily (if not moreso) still be followed and we either get news after he RTs or we don't when he doesn't. So there's nothing wrong in paying attention to the RT and seeing if he does, because it has been a good indicator so far and still could be for future reference.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh Yeah I forgot about this:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Coincidence? I think Not!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yokai watch DOES have a lot of recolors

And no, I don't believe it's the same thing as shiny pokemon. Shiny pokemon have the same stats, moves, everthing. Aren't separate in the pokedex

These are calling themselves different monsters and have different stats and ability

It also sucks when one has a better color than another, but worse stats

Well time to spam youtubers on twitter.

Im sure one more voice cant hurt.

Seriously guys not to sound like a super fanboy but I really want to play this game. There is a free demo and if they don't make the goal everyone gets a refund. At least check it out if you haven't. That's all I ask. Lab zero has a good, albeit short, track record.

Seriously? Wow, their goal is ridiculous, so I'm pretty shoced.
beyond ridiculous. But the skullgirls fanbase is pretty damn awesome and they have a bit of a history with crowdfunding. I guess they're just lucky.

Last edited:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
Seriously? Wow, their goal is ridiculous, so I'm pretty shoced.
I think it's ridiculous in the sense that it's a lot of pressure to put on the people. Most campaigns don't ask for nearly as much.

But the fact is, the budget they want for the game isn't especially large. 1.5 mil from devs + 2 mil from their partner if the campaign succeeds = 3.5 million. Kickstarter is great for games but I think it's skewed people's perception of how much money goes into them.

I don't mean to be telling you stuff you already know, I'm just making a general statement here.

I played Indivisible's demo and really liked it, so I was thinking of backing it for both that and my boy Shovel Knight. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom