• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm sure there will be a ton of fake leaks from now until the direct. They are only going to get ramped up as the direct gets closer as people are just starting the fake renders and text posts.

Honestly...at this point I'm kind of sick of the rumors and leaks, especially with the last one (the "I know something but I can't tell you") being so draining. There's just so many fakes out there. I get why people like them, and talk about them but it just adds to the misinformation. I know it might be hypocritical of me to say this when I've investigated sources and stuff like that, but I felt like I was doing a service to the community by attempting to discern what was right and wrong.

I kind admire RTB's approach with the Super Mario Maker Costumes. I hope there is Smash content that's not Inkling's and Shovel Knight. Instead it's a different character as that could mean a victory for Sakurai and his development team for being able to keep the hype under wraps. After seeing Ono's reaction to his roster being leaked, I honestly feel bad for the devs. If it is SK then I'll still be hyped but probably not as hyped had I not known about it.

My prediction for the direct is going to be a Shovel Knight reveal and release based on the rumors.

So we have less than 40 hours until the direct right? I'm looking forward to it, it's been long overdue!

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
This isn't directed at anyone in particular but I've seen comments outside of this forum that has made me raise my eyebrow pretty hard, but anyone that thinks Indivisible should cost less than $1.5 million to develop has no idea what they're talking about and has no idea how game development works.

$1.5 million is seriously nothing compared to what many companies actually spend.
Yeah that's why I posted that thing from Tumblr before. There's way too many people giving them crap for it (and a lot of people on here too) and like... yeah that amount of money is nothing. Especially considering Mighty No. 9 has way more money and people than what Indivisible is getting and ran into so many issues and quality drops and all this stuff. Indivisible is way bigger than Mighty No 9 in every possible aspect. In game-length, characters to animate, the amount of man-hours that'll be needed to get it done, more voice actors to pay. Just an overall huge game and they're only asking for like 1/4 of what Mighty No 9 made from crowdfunding. Even with Mighty No 9's stretch goals, it doesn't hold a candle to how big of a game Indivisible is going to be.

Like seriously, this is a 30-hr RPG that is ALL. HAND. ****ING. DRAWN.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't mind Indivisible's high demand for 3 reasons. One: MN9 was originally going to have a similar artstyle but got changed due to budget cuts, most likely for movies lol, so I could imagine it's expensive. Two: They released a FREE demo, when has a kickstarter ever done that? Three: Despite using Indiegogo, they're doing the Kickstarter thing that if they don't get enough funding, everyone gets refunds. I'd gladly give money if I had enough to give

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't mind Indivisible's high demand for 3 reasons. One: MN9 was originally going to have a similar artstyle but got changed due to budget cuts, most likely for movies lol, so I could imagine it's expensive. Two: They released a FREE demo, when has a kickstarter ever done that? Three: Despite using Indiegogo, they're doing the Kickstarter thing that if they don't get enough funding, everyone gets refunds. I'd gladly give money if I had enough to give
As an answer to 2: Freedom Planet. But before anyone points out Freedom Planet needed much less, not only had that game been in development longer, it had a smaller team, the majority of assets complete and a much simpler artsyle.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Yeah that's why I posted that thing from Tumblr before. There's way too many people giving them crap for it (and a lot of people on here too) and like... yeah that amount of money is nothing. Especially considering Mighty No. 9 has way more money and people than what Indivisible is getting and ran into so many issues and quality drops and all this stuff. Indivisible is way bigger than Mighty No 9 in every possible aspect. In game-length, characters to animate, the amount of man-hours that'll be needed to get it done, more voice actors to pay. Just an overall huge game and they're only asking for like 1/4 of what Mighty No 9 made from crowdfunding. Even with Mighty No 9's stretch goals, it doesn't hold a candle to how big of a game Indivisible is going to be.

Like seriously, this is a 30-hr RPG that is ALL. HAND. ****ING. DRAWN.
Plus there was the slacker backer campaign and the fact that they have a publisher (they claim they got one later, but who knows)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Indivisible got the 900,000 bucks?

Well today just got even better.

Heck, maybe I'll pledge. I'd love for that game to exist.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
What is so good about Indvisible? Maybe I should look it up later...

Also, Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei are you still doing the Mega challenge?
It's an action RPG that is completely hand-drawn (beautifully I might add) and is inspired by Metroid and Valkyrie Profile. Plus it's planned to be around the length of Chrono Trigger (roughly 30 hours not including side-quests) and has a CRAZY amount of party members, with more and more being added as it progresses. They have some awesome Voice Actors already like Erin Fitzgerald and Matthew Mercer (also the composer is the composer for Secret Of Mana) Plus they've heard people's cries for representation of different cultures that haven't really been represented in games and they have characters from all over the world, as well as characters with disabilities (ex: a ballerina with no arms). There's already a crazy amount of thought put into this game, they've done research on different cultures and mythology, they've gotten an awesome team together.

Honestly, I didn't even like Skull Girls, which was the game the team previously made, but this is so much better and they're putting way more work into this than they did on that. Honestly, it's extremely over-ambitious, but the fact that they already have so much progress in terms of the hand-drawn stuff and a fully flushed out prototype, when Bloodstained and Mighty No 9 had basically nothing to show off what the game would be like but were huge successes financially... they definitely deserve for this to pass, and again they're only making it if enough people want them to make it. If they don't get their goal, the game isn't happening. (which is a shame because like I said they already put a lot of work into it)

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls#/

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Indivisible hit $900,000 and with it got a 20 day extension!

And the new character is a dog. If you're on the fence you're running out of reasons not to.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is? And you can encounter it?

Hm, it honestly sounds like a Rare monster. Where did you find it?
Museum

Found it twice.

Even though I fed it it's favorite food, didn't join me

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So.... the Ghouliday music from Undertale is Jingle Bells slowed down.

I don't even.

:231:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Museum

Found it twice.

Even though I fed it it's favorite food, didn't join me
Feeding it's favorite food doesn't guarantee a join.

Having Cupistol and feeding a Yo-kai's it's favorite food that say "Yo-kai will like you a ton" also helps greatly.

D

Deleted member

Do you know what would be awesome for a new "little" game for next year, which would eventually get revealed during the upcoming Direct ?

A Zelda X Metroid game.

As 2016 marks the 30th anniversary of both the Metroid and Zelda franchises (and as these two will also get a new game to their own this year), Nintendo produces a game ala Street Fighter X Mega Man, in the same vein as the NES Remix series, which consists of a mix between their 2D specific gameplays.

The game's levels would be divided in two parts : one where you play as Samus exploring Zebes, but in the same perspective as the 2D Zeldas like ALttP, and the other where you play as Link exploring Hyrule but in the same perspective as Super Metroid (and yes, like Zelda II, but in a permanent way). Both sides should reuse NES or SNES graphics.

It could be a funny way to introduce the fans of one of these two franchises to the other, and also celebrating anniversaries of two of the most beloved Nintendo franchises at the same time.

And it may also lessen my hatred towards Zelda for this :

And for Phantom Hourglass.

And for Skyward Sword.

And for Milking Warriors.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I finally finished my latest level in Mario Maker:

The Glitz Pit!
( E611-0000-00E3-BD44)

In this level, you play through the classic Paper mario Chapter! Fight through the Glitz pit Arena and try to get the Crystal Star!

I put a lot of effort and work into this( nearly 3 weeks of testing, and redesigning!), I spent a lot of time watching a playthrough of the game and making the level based around it! There are many nods and references to the original game! Please play and if you can, give me some feedback, especially if you find all the secrets!

Thanks, but I remember it a little later, great game!
Btw, tag me for these because I love to see these :)

I don't have the game....................but I might eventually :)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You said it yourself, the Direct wasn't retweeted. Unless I ****ed up, we Europeans are having the Direct at 23:00, correct?
23:00 for most of Europe, correct. For me and people in UK and Ireland, it's at 22:00.

In regards to Sakurai not retweeting the Direct, it's a bit strange. We haven't had any big Smash news since June, so if they don't show anything, I'll be a little disappointed.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Was on 4chan and saw this

Really cool mod tbqh lol. I'd play it. Wonder how it was made.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Irrelevant, but Hyrule Warriors just tweeted that we'll see the King of Red Lions's character trailer tomorrow. I guess we'll get one per week. since they also retweeted the direct announcement, that's two new things this week!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I remember hearing the kid who's doing the Ridley mod is doing Metal Face, K.Rool and Kraid
He should be hired then, cuz that's pretty legit considering the game just coming out (in respective time). Considering the only other mod I ever saw was the Chrom skin, that's a huge step up.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Just one more day until a certain leak could (and most likely will, IMO) get debunked.

But yeah, I hope Wolf ends up being revealed in this direct.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
He should be hired then, cuz that's pretty legit considering the game just coming out (in respective time). Considering the only other mod I ever saw was the Chrom skin, that's a huge step up.
That's Brawl, Neo.
That's Brawl.
Note the H.U.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom